Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

I still think it's crazy that Guilty Gear 2 was a MOBA and was made before League of Legends and Dota 2 revived the genre

like, that's the alleged true sequel to Guilty Gear 1, a weird 3rd person Dynasty Warriors MOBA

It's really bizarre and what's even more bizarre is that it's completely canon and referenced extensively in xrd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the guilty gear MOBA on fight cafe

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Is the guilty gear MOBA on fight cafe

It's Xbox 360 exclusive

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

It's Xbox 360 exclusive

:stonk:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mintergalactic posted:

It's Xbox 360 exclusive

lmfao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lesbian baphomet posted:

konami moving on to MGS and Castlevania pachinko, soon to come KOF and Metal Slug pachinko..... looks like its time for real gamers to grow up and hit the slots

there already is kof pachinko at least in korea

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

apple

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

The KOF moba is the only MOBA i want to play.

its been shut down for like 6 months

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
300 heroes is great

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i want to fill the screen with jacko's garbage ghosts

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i must... zone...........

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so this popped up when i was watching the newest broscience

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gootecks

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

gootecks knows which questions to ask, the hard-hitting journalism questions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guess im in the Rising Thunder technical alpha.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are there any good general videos for how to get better at sealing a win once you get close to knocking someone out? I have a shot in almost every match i play online but it all falls apart at the end and i can't get those last few hits.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Real hurthling! posted:

are there any good general videos for how to get better at sealing a win once you get close to knocking someone out? I have a shot in almost every match i play online but it all falls apart at the end and i can't get those last few hits.

don't get anxious to end the game. do the things that got you ahead

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Real hurthling! posted:

Don't get greedy, keep playing safe and it'll be harder for them to come back.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

run away and throw projectiles to chip them out

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot

Real hurthling! posted:

I like not looking at the life bar.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

run at them and start mashing every button but especially the slow ones

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
jumpin with a fierce kick and follow it up with a sweep and leave your opponent realing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I went through the KoF trials a little bit and the people I like are, JOE, RYO, TOKUMA, IORI, ELISABETH, SHEN, KIM, HWA, MAI, KING, YURI, KENSOU, CHIN, CLARK, LEONA, according to the txt file I made.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I went through the KoF trials a little bit and the people I like are, JOE, RYO, TOKUMA, IORI, ELISABETH, SHEN, KIM, HWA, MAI, KING, YURI, KENSOU, CHIN, CLARK, LEONA, according to the txt file I made.
alright here s y reviews:

joe - idk how to play him
ryo - good all around character idk if ppl put him in front or in the middle or back tho cuz idk hom much meter he needs
takuma - he's cool but u need a lot of meter to get the most out of him and some of his stuff is too high execution 4 me
iori - good and sexy
idk about elisabeth i never tried her reall
shen - he's good and ez but he needs a lot of meter and has no anti airs but if u can hit confirm his retarded 3 hit combos you can do like 50% damage with a single super. his hd combos are like 6 moves and do like 90% damage if u have 4 bars :D

kim - i hate this korean man
hwa - cool guy who looks like bevis. he can do insane damage/stun combos using his drunk super and a couple ez drive cancels
mai - i love her and rusing down ppl even tho i'm usually rusing into a command grab or dp oops
king - she's the best zoner and some her combos are ezier to do than hwas (their bnbs both revolve around doing df.k cancling into dp but it easier with king)
yuri - good
kensou idk
chin - high execution korean insanity idk. his ex roll move is insant and hard to counter
clark - i can't play grapplers .
leona - she does a kamehameha except it comes out of her tits.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

alright here s y reviews:

joe - idk how to play him
ryo - good all around character idk if ppl put him in front or in the middle or back tho cuz idk hom much meter he needs
takuma - he's cool but u need a lot of meter to get the most out of him and some of his stuff is too high execution 4 me
iori - good and sexy
idk about elisabeth i never tried her reall
shen - he's good and ez but he needs a lot of meter and has no anti airs but if u can hit confirm his retarded 3 hit combos you can do like 50% damage with a single super. his hd combos are like 6 moves and do like 90% damage if u have 4 bars :D

hwa - cool guy who looks like bevis. he can do insane damage/stun combos using his drunk super and a couple ez drive cancels
mai - i love her and rusing down ppl even tho i'm usually rusing into a command grab or dp oops
king - she's the best zoner and some her combos are ezier to do than hwas (their bnbs both revolve around doing df.k cancling into dp but it easier with king)
yuri - good
kensou idk
chin - high execution korean insanity idk. his ex roll move is insant and hard to counter
clark - i can't play grapplers .
leona - she does a kamehameha except it comes out of her tits.

Cherish this post all; this the most words Lyle has written without irony in 7 years

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
something fun to do with mai is to do j.b into her airborne command down b . some of the randos online arE stupid and it works every time :henget:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
also generally the dream cancel wiki is a better source of info than srk's wiki http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_King_of_Fighters_XIII wau

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

i saw this on a few sites before and i don't know how accurate it is but it might help when you're trying to pick charas out

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i don't play kof 13 but every guy i watched on tournaments that picked shen were teenagers so it checks out

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

kof 13 team composition is pretty much who are you going to sandwich between EX Iori and mr karate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

kof 13 team composition is pretty much who are you going to sandwich between EX Iori and mr karate

Athena.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
don't use mr karate and ex iori.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

ex iori is cool at least because he's got the old iori stuff but it's just so boring to watch the same 4 or 5 charas battle it out over and over during top8

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
yeah.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lGKv5hDi2Q found a cool new york accen t talking about athena for 30 minutes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkwhdxxwrXI the spanish language history ofathena starting with the weird nes athena games. thank you mexico. venceremos

mysterious loyall X fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 8, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

more proof that KOF is the best fighting games have ever gotten

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/athena/athena.htm hardcore gaming has all the athena info, cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
holy poo poo athena's theme song kiks rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4y13vnGXec

• Locked thread