Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Have they talked at all about changing the way trophies are implemented in the RU version?

The current system where you have to manually swap trophy types in and out to fit the mission is clunky as all get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
Goddamn that's a lot of stuff. But, did they fix the bug that allows me to use a goddamn controller?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Kessel posted:

Have they talked at all about changing the way trophies are implemented in the RU version?

The current system where you have to manually swap trophy types in and out to fit the mission is clunky as all get out.

It hasn't changed at all and I haven't read any plans about it being changed.

I just ignore it. At best you have a 12% damage bonus against one of four enemy types and it doesn't even apply to bosses. Once I have blue ones I will use the ones that work on thugs or crushers, I guess.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 7, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Trophies are dumb but you can't just not collect them. I mean what the gently caress else are you gonna do.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I need a couple hundred Sparks of Transformation to unlock a class but nothing is giving them as a reward on the world grid. Does that poo poo reset on a daily cycle or something?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Those drop a lot after you hit your caps and also as rewards for replaying old areas. You can just spam replay Dankit Island and you'll get there eventually but I suggest throwing in other areas just for variety.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
great, alchemists have only two cool things about them and the one that's more useful is getting nerfed

support class can do damage, the horror

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

RottenK posted:

great, alchemists have only two cool things about them and the one that's more useful is getting nerfed

support class can do damage, the horror

Yes, it's about that and not the fact that Alchemists can literally one shot kill bosses. I'm not saying nerf them because nerfing based on PvP is loving retarded but Lightbinders are king poo poo of that right now and compared to other games this is heaven for tank and support classes since they can actually hold their own and finish poo poo.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Morglon posted:

Yes, it's about that and not the fact that Alchemists can literally one shot kill bosses. I'm not saying nerf them because nerfing based on PvP is loving retarded but Lightbinders are king poo poo of that right now and compared to other games this is heaven for tank and support classes since they can actually hold their own and finish poo poo.

i understand that some of the bosses are wrecked way too hard right now, but the cap that they chose is dumb

33% of alchemists hp is too low, 100% would be good i think

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
33% is what the knight does, except it's limited to that much for the entire duration instead of per-hit fwiw

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yes, I would agree that 100% or something to that effect would seem like a decent value.

Oh if it's per hit yeah make it lower and it can trigger more often, if it's once absolutely, 100%.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
if the alchemist cap is per hit, then i suppose it's not as bad as I thought. I'll miss reflecting huge hits back, but standing in fire/water/acid/whatever should still work okay

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I don't know what it is

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

quote:

Necromancer
• Fixed a bug where summoned creatures would sometimes lose their target and return to the character.
• Fixed a bug when summoned Carrion would not deal damage.

No mention of the body drop bug. Sky dropping bodies for big deeps still remains!

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

What is the body drop bug exactly? Is it just that it activates an impulse charge?

Also when is that patch going down?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Holy god, ran factory 501 last night with a friend as part of a quest and bugged out on the final boss no fewer than three times, to the point that we had to just ditch the whole instance.

Every single time, my cryo buddy got caught either in or behind the door that locks you into the boss room. This is because every time we entered the room (with the idiot camera sidequest), the idiot camera would spawn either behind the door pointing in or directly in front of the door pointing out. The first two times, cryobuddy was able to walk away from the boss room and reset the instance after I died. The last time, she got caught in the door itself with no way that we could tell to get out. We'd already completed the quest we were on and we were pretty sick of the game by that time so we just said gently caress it and logged for the night.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Ass_Burgerer posted:

What is the body drop bug exactly? Is it just that it activates an impulse charge?

Also when is that patch going down?

I believe the Funeral Lament talent causes the crit chance/damage to apply to the body drop.

At 11.5k prestige I can hit up to 13k body drops.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Am I really bad at the game or do prestige increases scale non-linearly? My prestige level seems to be increasing very slowly.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

At certain points my prestige level has hardly rises at all due to a bad selection of levels and rewards available, at other times I can gain 2k+ very quickly if a new questing zone opens up or I get a big multiplier on a useful reward and that dungeon actually opens for me after queuing for 30 min+.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Obscurity posted:

I believe the Funeral Lament talent causes the crit chance/damage to apply to the body drop.

At 11.5k prestige I can hit up to 13k body drops.

I haven't seen any mention of this being fixed in patch notes. What was fixed on RU patch 0.66.1.36 was Plague continually having the Funeral Lament effect so long as you keep refreshing Plague before it ends.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Am I really bad at the game or do prestige increases scale non-linearly? My prestige level seems to be increasing very slowly.

It is non-linear. Cheaper nodes are slightly more efficient. For instance the greatness nodes cost 175, 350 or 575 sparks. They give 200 or 250 greatness.

Consider the +50% spark cap you get from the first week, all the low cost nodes you invariably get, the low cost temple upgrades which compel some to drop money on boosting their prestige, and the practice of wearing the highest prestige gear one gets that is so common among new players. Not to mention that you may perceive small upgrades on short intervals as being faster progression than big upgrades on longer intervals even if they're practically the same.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Liberatore posted:

I haven't seen any mention of this being fixed in patch notes. What was fixed on RU patch 0.66.1.36 was Plague continually having the Funeral Lament effect so long as you keep refreshing Plague before it ends.

Ahh. So the big crits on body drop are working as intended..or..?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

I looked up some more changes we'll be getting in future patches.

https://cdn-pi.sf.mail.ru/pic?name=497637_K8A-9oBbQCLyOJhF-Z6CEDOwa3c=.jpg
numbered talent ranks

Clans will be removed. Instead the pantheon member list will just be one big thing. The two buildings for pantheon spots will be combined into one at combined cost, which will both increase the maximum members and add commander spots. New pantheons will start at 30 members with 3 commanders. The maximum member limit will be 260, with 9 commanders. Commanders will be appointed automatically among online members, based on join date, if there are fewer than required commanders and no new one is appointed after 60 minutes.

Commanders will be able to leave comments under individual members. Data tracking for contribution towards pantheon credits and construction points. A few voting changes, including changing the timer to end the vote (with abstainers counting as 'yes' votes) to one day. Voting can be done through the website.

'Random events' added to some squad adventures. This in addition to numerous improvements or fixes to pretty much every adventure, including group dungeons, raids, distortions and PvP, overall several patches.

A lot of animation/input optimization. One change in particular apparently reduces the delay/lag associated with character movement.

No more personalized rewards. In other words, all relevant conditions being equal (read: caps, unlocked rewards, etc.) for two players, both will see the same rewards from all adventures. So if an adventure currently gives blue sparks, then everyone who isn't currently capped on sparks of insight will receive blue sparks from it. I loving love this change.

Significant cost (both credit and construction) reductions for Stronghold I and II and Academy I to IV. For instance, Academy IV went from 10 million credits and 13,700 points to 4 million credits and 500 points. Stronghold II went from 15 million credits and 25,000 points to 2 million credits and 300 points . Differences for buildings already finished will be returned to the pantheon.

Multi spec spec will be purchasable from the market with Invasion currency, medals. As will special versions of the regeneration substrate and the revive consumable. Multi spec has no switch costs or restrictions other than requiring that you be out of combat.

Obscurity posted:

Ahh. So the big crits on body drop are working as intended..or..?

Well, the tooltip for the RU version states exactly the same thing, so I don't know. Many Russian Necromancer guides acknowledge Funeral Lament affecting body drop, and there is no 'fix' for this in sight. So I don't know if it's intended or not but the devs certainly aren't rushing to fix it despite being well aware of the 'issue'.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 7, 2015

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

My computer is messed up and I can't launch the game right now. Since I can't fix it right now, please remove Turanga Fry from the guild. Thanks.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Commandant Shepard

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well hello there Captain Codpiece.

Gealar
May 2, 2013
That long list of changes was for the patch on the 11th?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I just downloaded this game, and playing the Lightbinder seems pretty fun so far. They do good damage and are focused more on mitigating damage than filling up red bars. A good change than the usual support classes, which are incredibly boring.

Two questions though:

1. About how long does it take for advanced class changes to occur? The lightbringer chain seems to be pretty long and I don't see a node for a new class anywhere.

2. I have had a red exclamation point on my abilities bar since I began. No matter where I click, I can't seem to make it go away. Is there is a really obscure tab or something on this screen that I'm not hitting?

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
When you get to "Path of the ____" node the upper ascension atlas will unlokc, detailing how you reach new classes.

The ! will go away when you unlock the ysmbols tab. It will be a while.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Thanks. Why have the exclamation point stay there then, instead of popping up when it unlocks? It's driving me insane. :suicide:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I have no idea if the preview Berserker sucks or if I'm in a weird unfortunate in-between prestige hole or if this game just gets stupid hard later but I'm doing a Berserker preview on a three-skull Saiban Archipelago at 8470 prestige and I'm pretty sure the second boss is literally impossible. Even if I dodge all avoidable damage and make sure I have a near-full Rage bar at all times so I can do Battle Frenzy+Whilrwind when the adds spawn he just does too much damage for orb drops to keep up with and even popping a health consumable leaves me without enough HP to lsat past five health bars or so. I guess for once the difficulty rating actually meant something.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 7, 2015

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

I found it very difficult to solo hard+ dungeons at around that level without a maxed out class. Using one of the pre-generated builds and having no items to back you up sounds like a bad plan.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Anal Papist posted:

I found it very difficult to solo hard+ dungeons at around that level without a maxed out class. Using one of the pre-generated builds and having no items to back you up sounds like a bad plan.

Yeah, I banged my head against it for a little while longer because I thought maybe if I did literally everything perfectly I could do just enough damage to spawn enough health orbs to keep myself alive but then my internet started getting real slow and I was getting a lot of teleporting around, attacks not landing, taking damage from invisible attacks, that sort of thing, so I finally realized it was a lost cause.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Opposing Farce posted:

I have no idea if the preview Berserker sucks or if I'm in a weird unfortunate in-between prestige hole or if this game just gets stupid hard later but I'm doing a Berserker preview on a three-skull Saiban Archipelago at 8470 prestige and I'm pretty sure the second boss is literally impossible. Even if I dodge all avoidable damage and make sure I have a near-full Rage bar at all times so I can do Battle Frenzy+Whilrwind when the adds spawn he just does too much damage for orb drops to keep up with and even popping a health consumable leaves me without enough HP to lsat past five health bars or so. I guess for once the difficulty rating actually meant something.

The promo Berserker is bad. It's missing pretty much all of your most important talents, including Tenacity, which makes Battle Frenzy not cost rage. It's also missing a Fracture weapon which is just as important.

With that said, you're doing it wrong. Whirlwind can't hit more than one of the images after the boss splits, and you're wasting your rage using it that way. Just follow the boss when it splits and burn it down quickly. With my Berserker, I usually reveal the boss before Battle Frenzy is over.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Anal Papist posted:

should have played cryomancer

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liberatore posted:

The promo Berserker is bad. It's missing pretty much all of your most important talents, including Tenacity, which makes Battle Frenzy not cost rage. It's also missing a Fracture weapon which is just as important.

With that said, you're doing it wrong. Whirlwind can't hit more than one of the images after the boss splits, and you're wasting your rage using it that way. Just follow the boss when it splits and burn it down quickly. With my Berserker, I usually reveal the boss before Battle Frenzy is over.

That's the 3rd boss. He's on the second, the guy who does the ground laser and occasionally summons adds.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Oh poo poo, my bad.

To deal with that boss as promo Berserker I would save an impulse charge and Thirst for Battle for when the adds spawn. They should die before they even hit you. But that's probably conditional on the promo Berserker having a Whirlwind chain and the Call of Rage talent.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

How do you use the Temporal Compensator? I've had a few times where it could have been useful but they wouldn't activate.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Target the dead player with the F keys, get close to said player and use the temporal compensator.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Liberatore posted:

Oh poo poo, my bad.

To deal with that boss as promo Berserker I would save an impulse charge and Thirst for Battle for when the adds spawn. They should die before they even hit you. But that's probably conditional on the promo Berserker having a Whirlwind chain and the Call of Rage talent.

It wasn't really even the adds that got me, since if I popped the damage buff+Battle Frenzy+Whirlwind all at once I could kill them if not immediately at least before they could do any significant damage. The main problem was that I was taking a ton of damage from the boss's autoattacks and they eventually whittled me down even if I wasn't taking damage from anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

lewtt posted:

should have played cryomancer

Agreed, switching from the useless edgelord class of necro - gently caress YOU DAD - mancer to the laid back smooth chilled out cryomancer fixed all my problems.

• Locked thread