Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hair has never not looked like that to me, I just assumed the game's textures were all low res even at max settings :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

RuanGacho posted:

Help it has a face... and it's looking at me.

:pilot: :krad:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

pandaK posted:

Yeah, that's my favorite Au'ra face, this is what I would have used if I fantasia'd:

Though looking at that, is that weird fabric-y cross stitching pattern normal or is there something wrong with my graphics card?

What's wrong with your eyes?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dang I shoulda tried making a highlady before. I'm diggin this

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
Is it possible to have an account that's active on both PS4 and PC?

Or do I need to purchase another license?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Here's what the Yoship looks like now.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
You need to buy a license for every platform you want to play on. PC & PS4 with heavensward? 2 of each, plzkthx

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Haroshia posted:

What's wrong with your eyes?

stupid name pun reasons. I tried to use a limbal ring on the dark eye but it just made it look like she had lopsided pupils from far away :(

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

pandaK posted:

Eventually were going to have to go to the garlean emote in a new expansion which won't have any aetherytes, only airships

The Garleans also have Stargates that they use to move around in lieu of Aethyrites.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The Garleans also have Stargates that they use to move around in lieu of Aethyrites.
Less Stargates and more teleporters. AFAIK they don't have means to transport stuff like vehicles and ships easily (or else marching on Eorzea would be a lot easier than Gaius' failure of an attempt due to lack of manpower and firepower), but you can see a few instances of personal teleporters in the Praetorium at least.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
The other reason I won't be rolling a high lady with slut glamour is my computer is in a common space. And when my roommate has people over I don't need even weirder looks as they see me playing a character that looks like that when they glance over at my computer. So a black female roe covered in plate armor looking at it from behind is a nice compromise.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Slut armor is slut armor on everyone though.

Subligars don't discriminate :v:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Drium posted:

Less Stargates and more teleporters. AFAIK they don't have means to transport stuff like vehicles and ships easily (or else marching on Eorzea would be a lot easier than Gaius' failure of an attempt due to lack of manpower and firepower), but you can see a few instances of personal teleporters in the Praetorium at least.

Yeah, when they need to move mass quantities of cargo and vehicles they manage to make due with A loving DOOMTRAIN.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Guess i'm one of the few repping non-emo looking Au Ra males. I don't know how anyone could have seen the goku hairstyle and not instantly Fantasia.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
This is going to sound dumb, but how do you glamour items?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Was making an alt for fun and excalibur is still locked at 3am, lmfao.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Etrips posted:

This is going to sound dumb, but how do you glamour items?

There's a level 50 quest you need to pick up first in More Donuts afaik. After that you need to meet some requirements:

-Have the correct glamour crystal in your inventory
-Have both the item you want to wear and the item you want to glamour in your inventory
-The item you want to glamour must be of a lower item level than the item you are glamouring on to and it must be something that you can equip on your current class

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
After an 95 minutes I gave up trying to do ampador keep. These que times suck

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RC Cola posted:

After an 95 minutes I gave up trying to do ampador keep. These que times suck

They reaaally need to incentivize HLDR/MSDR/Trial Roulette for max-level people more.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Vermain posted:

They reaaally need to incentivize HLDR/MSDR/Trial Roulette for max-level people more.

I do trial roulette all the time, 10 esoterics to burn down Garuda Hard/Leviathan for 3 minutes isn't bad. Also I occasionally get Singularity Reactor, and any excuse to see that fight again is a good one; it even gives a handful of esoterics for the extra time it takes.

I think HLDR/MSDR problems would be largely solved if the mobs there gave EXP. I used to like doing them for EXP while leveling jobs 50-60, but with Heavensward FATEs boosted that's not a very good use of time anymore.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Magil Zeal posted:

I think HLDR/MSDR problems would be largely solved if the mobs there gave EXP.

Or just massively boosting the EXP reward. I can do leveling DR and make 400K, I can do an even leveled dungeon at 56+ and get 400-500K, or I can do MSDR or HLDR in the same time and get...200K.

But yeah, I'd prefer mobs giving EXP. feels weird and wrong to just get tiny amounts of gil.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Also make LLDR and HLDR give 10 esoterics. People will run them because it has the symbol on it even if it's terribly time efficient.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I ran Labyrinth last night with a pug, and we managed to clear it with only one wipe.

Are the rest of the old 24-mans as easy at this point?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

I ran Labyrinth last night with a pug, and we managed to clear it with only one wipe.

They were always that easy even on launch.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

hobbesmaster posted:

Also make LLDR and HLDR give 10 esoterics. People will run them because it has the symbol on it even if it's terribly time efficient.

LLDR already gives 5, but it's also the one you're least likely to do with a max level character, since it's better to run it for xp if you're leveling any DoW/M at all.

HLDR really needs a better reward, though. It gives the most poetics but who the hell is grinding poetics these days.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SirPhoebos posted:

Yes. The 24 man raids are designed to be casual content that helps people who are behind the gear curve catch up. They are not the height of challenge.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yes. The 24 man raids are designed to be casual content that helps people who are behind the gear curve catch up. They are not the height of challenge.

WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU TANKING THE BOSS IN THE MIDDLE, VOTE KICK THIS SCRUB

*all six tanks fight over aggro, raid wipes*

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

effectual posted:

Was making an alt for fun and excalibur is still locked at 3am, lmfao.

EST or PST? I've never really seen Excalibur be open before 2 AM PST before, except after maintenance and such. The west coasters do a pretty good job of keeping the server locked late (and everyone who just afk's instead of logging out).

Also people who have characters with Heterochromia are bad and should feel bad. The special snowflake syndrome is tooooo much.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The only window for making characters on Excalibur now is pretty much post-maintenance. It used to be that you could make a character at 3 AM PST just fine and dandy, but the post-expansion comeback has hamstrung that significantly.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

hobbesmaster posted:

WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU TANKING THE BOSS IN THE MIDDLE, VOTE KICK THIS SCRUB

*all six tanks fight over aggro, raid wipes*

So like any big raid, the primary challenge is herding cats.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

RuanGacho posted:

Here's what the Yoship looks like now.

what do those stats mean?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are people still doing 24-man raids? I have yet to finish Syrcus Tower and WoD. Last time I got 8 people to queue up for it, we waited for half an hour and people had to leave.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

seiferguy posted:

Are people still doing 24-man raids? I have yet to finish Syrcus Tower and WoD. Last time I got 8 people to queue up for it, we waited for half an hour and people had to leave.

It took me about 30 mins as a tank to queue up for Labyrinth.

EDIT: is SE going to release a new 24-man for HW?

EDIT2:

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

There's a level 50 quest you need to pick up first in More Donuts afaik. After that you need to meet some requirements:

-Have both the item you want to wear and the item you want to glamour in your inventory
-The item you want to glamour must be of a lower item level than the item you are glamouring on to and it must be something that you can equip on your current class

Are there any vendors that sell prisms?

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 7, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of doing old content can you queue up for old stuff to get relic light, or will using such an old weapon severely gimp you and make it super-hard? Would like to finish Excalibur at some point.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Kuvo posted:

what do those stats mean?

We don't have gospel for sure facts on it but
Surveillance is the ships ability to find things
Retrieval is the ships ability to collect quantity of items
Speed is how fast the ship can complete a missions based on the distance.
Range is how long a trip the ship can make.
Favor seems to be its luck stat, how often it'll run into turbulence or things that make things go wrong, more favor is better " the skies are favorable today"

The Yoship just had the hot rod nose added to enhance its surveillance and favor because we haven't found sector 14 yet, which is how you unlock the third ship slot.

We're starting to have to make choices as to what parts we want on the ship as the best parts will no longer all fit.

After its current mission the GSS Yoship will be max rank.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Are there any vendors that sell prisms?

There are vendors that sell the clear prisms that have to be crafted into the actual glamor prisms. Just steal them from the FC chest and yell at the crafters if it's running low.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Where do said crystals come from?

e:nm

Etrips fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 7, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Etrips posted:

Where do said crystals come from?

This magical vendor sells you all the mats to make glamour things that people charge a retarded amount on the market board for.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

RuanGacho posted:

We don't have gospel for sure facts on it but
Surveillance is the ships ability to find things
Retrieval is the ships ability to collect quantity of items
Speed is how fast the ship can complete a missions based on the distance.
Range is how long a trip the ship can make.
Favor seems to be its luck stat, how often it'll run into turbulence or things that make things go wrong, more favor is better " the skies are favorable today"

The Yoship just had the hot rod nose added to enhance its surveillance and favor because we haven't found sector 14 yet, which is how you unlock the third ship slot.

We're starting to have to make choices as to what parts we want on the ship as the best parts will no longer all fit.

After its current mission the GSS Yoship will be max rank.

PBCs airship venture luck, lol. I know DGKK already has 3 ships, how is TPT doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm a little sad that DGKK's 3rd ship only marginally follows the naming convention picked out, and with a 4th airship, it would have been perfect, but alas...

• Locked thread