Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ray Rice will sign for a place to stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Apparently Arian Foster will undergo surgery to reattach his groin muscle to the bone :stonk:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gearman posted:

Apparently Arian Foster will undergo surgery to reattach his groin muscle to the bone :stonk:

So do they use a stapler for that or what? Where's Swickles

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Azhais posted:

I know sometimes they use "suture anchors", which is basically like a screw they put into bone with sutures coming out the top end that they can sew to the tendon. There are probably other methods I don't know about, though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That doesn't sound like the kind of thing you play football after.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That doesn't sound like the kind of thing you play football after.
lol right? and initial reports were saying he should be back this year..

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Azhais posted:

There's nothing you can't fix with some duct tape and WD40.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Is that the same thing Brian Price from UCLA got? It did not sound fun.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Its Miller Time posted:

Is that the same thing Brian Price from UCLA got? It did not sound fun.

I think it's actually the same injury Amendola got in 2013

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

I think it's actually the same injury Amendola got in 2013

If so, the clean break is better than a partial in terms of recovery time if articles concerning Amendola are to be believed.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Papes posted:

On what scoring system would you possibly take Benjamin over Evans? Points per drop?

Bucs' O-line and Winston throwing don't give me warm & fuzzies.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Amergin posted:

Let me tell you about Michael Oher he makes poo poo look good and is protecting Cam

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Hope you all own John Brown shares already. :tipshat:

@JasonLaCanfora: Michael Floyd will miss roughly six weeks I'm told with three broken fingers on left hand. Big, big part of the AZ offense. Injured today

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Azhais posted:

Rub some dirt on it, you pansy.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Amergin posted:

Evans historically good rookie season wasn't exactly aided by a good supporting cast.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Franks Happy Place posted:

@JasonLaCanfora: Michael Floyd will miss roughly six weeks I'm told with three broken fingers on left hand. Big, big part of the AZ offense. Injured today

Welp. My WR corps were already weak in the SAS league. Oh well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Six weeks is like week one or two.

Michael Floyd was gonna be a disappointment anyway.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Spoeank posted:

Michael Floyd was gonna be a disappointment anyway.

He's the guy who blows up when you finally put him on the bench.

Does anyone have a good draft-against-the-computer site they use? I lost my bookmarks from last year.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Abugadu posted:

He's the guy who blows up when you finally put him on the bench.

Does anyone have a good draft-against-the-computer site they use? I lost my bookmarks from last year.

i dont know of any free ones but i use 4for4 and fantasypros

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
FantasyPros is quick and they have a mobile app now too.

</FantasyPros shill>

Also:

quote:

It’s absolutely absurd that Fitzgerald’s running mate, Michael Floyd, is being drafted at WR34/WR36, given the breakdown of his production last season. Sure, Floyd ended the season with a respectable 841 yards and six touchdowns on 47 receptions. Floyd caught fewer than half of his targets last season, and that isn’t even the big reason why I will own zero shares of Floyd. Michael Floyd ended the season with 841 yards, but that “respectable” figure came about thanks to a 155-yard, 2-TD output week seventeen against the 49ers. That’s 18% of his yards and one-third of his total touchdowns against a depleted San Francisco secondary. Even worse, over half of those yards (88) came on the following three plays:

20 yard touchdown: Flea flicker. Dontae Johnson, Craig Dahl and Antoine Bethea bit hard and Floyd got behind the defense for an easy touchdown.
27 yard gain: A terrible zone handoff between Chris Culliver and Craig Dahl left Floyd standing almost entirely alone.
41 yard touchdown: Floyd ran straight past, you guessed it, Dontae Johnson and guess which safety failed to rotate over and stop the touchdown? Craig Dahl.
See a pattern there? I doubt the Cardinals are going to be facing the 49ers’ fourth safety all season.

Floyd ended up with a halfway decent season, and a lot of the fact that it ended up only decent is chalked up to the terrible quarterback play. The simple fact of the matter is that Floyd had fewer than 20 yards in a game five times and fewer than 50 yards in half of his games last season. A massive first and last game make it seem like Floyd had a decent season, but in reality it bookended an uneven campaign. You can’t even blame this on the lack of Carson Palmer, either. In the games Palmer played after his return from injury, Floyd averaged 28.2 yards per game.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 6, 2015

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Should I trade Funchess for Eifert+a 2016 4th rounder in my dynasty league? My current team is

QB: Wilson, Bradford, Garrapolo, Austin Davis
RB: Latavius Murray, Carlos Hyde, Rashad Jennings, Blount, Trent Richardson+Mike Dyer(will keep whoever gets the RB3 spot), Mike Davis, Kendall Hunter, Reggie Bush, Charles Sims, Lance Dunbar & Buck Allen
WR: Hopkins, Wallace, Doug Baldwin, Brian Quick, Cordarelle Patterson, Allen Hurns, Funchess, Devin Smith, Brandon Coleman & Jermaine Kearse
TE: Charles Clay & Owen Daniels

It's a 12 person league and we have 30 roster spots so the bench is pretty deep. I'm also working on a trade for Sanchez so I can have Bradford+ his backup.
TE is probably my weakest spot and I would like to have a young guy but we do have 3 WR-slots and 2 flexes which is giving me a bit of pause.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ayudo posted:

Does Polk have three down talent? I seem to remember him showing decent hands. Don't know about his pass protection or injury history, but if the opportunity's there the price may be right.

Polk was a Pretty Good backup for Shady when both played in PHI.

He was basically Ben Tate when Tate had to backfill for Foster a few years back.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GOONS

I have a once in a lifetime fantasy football opportunity for you. I started a $25 MFL draft only league for me and my friends. I thought I would be able to get 12 people, but we stalled out at 7. So I am looking to fill the final 5 spots.

None of us have ever used MFL or done a draft only league before. (I did my first one a week ago). Here is your chance to take advantage of our inexperience and win some money.

If anyone is interested just go to MFL10s.com, click on join a private league you've been given a password for, and enter the password: WHB2005

Good luck and pleas let me win.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If anyone is curious what happened to ESPN's Fantasy Underground podcast, Christopher Harris left ESPN and has his own website and (daily) podcast. The website looks like garbage but the podcast is good.

Harrisfootball.com

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spoeank posted:

If anyone is curious what happened to ESPN's Fantasy Underground podcast, Christopher Harris left ESPN and has his own website and (daily) podcast. The website looks like garbage but the podcast is good.

Harrisfootball.com

Thanks for this. I usually don't listen to podcasts and so I'm an idiot. Does anyone know how to get this to play on android? Or is it just not compatible

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kevin White's mystery injury is shin splints and he could start the season on the PUP list. Abandon ship if you haven't already.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

Kevin White's mystery injury is shin splints and he could start the season on the PUP list. Abandon ship if you haven't already.

Give that man some new shoes

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Franks Happy Place posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo. I'm gonna have to target Brown early after I passed on keeping him (could only keep 3, kept J. Nelson, M. Ingram, and A. Morris).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Thanks for this. I usually don't listen to podcasts and so I'm an idiot. Does anyone know how to get this to play on android? Or is it just not compatible

I took the RSS feed and dropped it into the Podkicker app and it works fine. I use pro though so I can speed up the podcasts so YMMV.

And the theme song is still Under the Gun by Apex Manor :allears:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

DeSean Jackson sucks at training camp lol

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Benne posted:

now they're saying he's going to run next week so who knows. I grabbed him for a dollar in a weird salary cap/kinda keeper league, so he can hold down a roster spot for a little longer.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just don't see much Year 1 upside with White, at least in re-draft. He was already raw coming out of college, John Fox hates rookies and he's now missing a lot of valuable practice time.

As a Dynasty keeper, I love White. But 2015 could be a wash for him, especially if Eddie Royal runs away with the WR2 spot.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

So I really need some help here. I'm torn as gently caress.

I was just offered the #8 and #9 pick in my keeper league in exchange for my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks. League is full PPR, start a QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-FLEX-D-K.

My team as of right now is Adrian Peterson (lose a 1) and Latavius Murray (lose a 16).

At 8 and 9 I would go WR/WR. Probably a guy like Cobb or Green and then a guy like Hilton or Evans. At that point I would have a really nice WR duo along with a stud RB and an RB2 or flex depending on how you look at Murray. But then I wouldn't pick until round 6.

I'm leaning towards yes. I was going to wait on QB anyway, and wait even longer on TE. In the next rounds I picked, I was going to take strictly the BPA and rotate them in my FLEX spot.

Somebody be the voice of reason here. I look at it as though this draft is very watered down (24 players are off the board before the first pick is made due to keepers) so if I have a chance to grab 2 of the best 9 players on the board, I should do it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, basically CJ Anderson and Jordan Matthews' ADP is about to sky rocket from Matthews's camp reports and Gary Kubiak claming CJ will be a "bell cow" back.

GREAT. :( Looks like I'll be trying to take CJ in the first round instead of the awesome 2nd round pick he was gonna be..

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cheating For Charity needs one more person. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO CHEAT FOR CHARITY?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spoeank posted:

I took the RSS feed and dropped it into the Podkicker app and it works fine. I use pro though so I can speed up the podcasts so YMMV.

And the theme song is still Under the Gun by Apex Manor :allears:

Many thanks, friend

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

NFL.com ranks are a goddamn joke. I have a draft there tomorrow so I did a mock prepping for the real thing and in a ten-team I got
QB - Roethlisberger
WR - Green/Julio
RB - Lynch/Gore
TE - Ertz
Flex - Melvin Gordon
K - Who
DST - Cares

Bn - Randle, Yeldon, Gio, Marshall, Allen Robinson, Coleman

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Nfl.ccom is so bad I'm not even going back to fix that spelling error.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Suave Fedora posted:

Nfl.ccom is so bad I'm not even going back to fix that spelling error.

My league drafts there, it's great (for me) :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Pulling my hair out over a keeper decision.

0.5 ppr

Already keeping Jeremy Hill for a 9th

Choice is between Travis Kelce or Joseph Randle both costing a 10th rounder. Both can be kept one more year for an 8th.

I originally was all in on Kelce. I really believe in his talent and think his role in KC will be both safe and prominent. News out of Dallas camp has me questioning my gut. Not only is Randle gobbling up first team reps with his competition sidelined, but he's looking great while doing it. I still don't think it's out of the question that Dallas signs someone and tanks Randle's value though.

Keepers have to be in by 8-15.

• Locked thread