Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Gina is now a member of Mensa.

Speaking of Gina, it's been over 7 months and I haven't warmed up to her at all. Alison was much more funnier and actually had a personality. Gina still feels phony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007

JB50 posted:

The dog is still alive and on new meds according to his twitter.

Have you honestly never listened to any previous shows? All he does is talk about how if it was just up to him he'd have put her down a long time ago, or at the very least paid a homeless person $20 to do it for him. He's been complaining for the last 2 years about how much money the dog is costing him to keep alive for Lynette and the kids.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

Speaking of Gina, it's been over 7 months and I haven't warmed up to her at all. Alison was much more funnier and actually had a personality. Gina still feels phony.

Ya Gina remains dumb. Reminder that she thinks standing too close to a microwave is unhealthy.

Pilot Jim posted:

Have you honestly never listened to any previous shows? All he does is talk about how if it was just up to him he'd have put her down a long time ago, or at the very least paid a homeless person $20 to do it for him. He's been complaining for the last 2 years about how much money the dog is costing him to keep alive for Lynette and the kids.

I listen to like every show and you can tell hes the one who wants to keep the dog alive. Lynette said its time on the live show. Dont you listen? Whenever they talk about it on the show Adam is very reluctant to say the words "put down".

JDee
Nov 27, 2006
goon
my favorite news girl was fake theresa. they had the best rapport.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007
I laughed the hardest I've ever laughed at this podcast today when Adam read aloud a Salon.com article that referred to him as a "human disaster".

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Is that better or worse than the other TACS and its human garbage?

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
I had never listened to any of Adam's podcasts before the Adam and Dr. Drew show, which I've listened to since it launched. I really loved it, and it probably provided me more laughs and memories than any other show. But I finally unsubbed from it yesterday.

Frankly, there wasn't much to say goodbye to at this point, as it felt like half of each episode was advertisements, and the other half was recycling conversations they had already had, often point for point if not word for word. I actually kind of liked the unprepared, "lazy" style of the show as usually just the two of them bullshitting about random stuff was why I listened. But holy poo poo have they been putting in less than zero effort to produce an entertaining show and it just seemed to keep getting worse. By time I fast forwarded through the ads and stuff they were recycling, the show was over.

The way Adam does the ads seems to be the worst way to go about it, as they are not only lengthy and frequent, but they make no attempt to actually deliver them creatively and make them an entertaining part of the show. Contrast that with something like Hollywood Handbook, where every ep I look forward to the ads and seeing what they are going to do with them. It ends up feeling like other shows put more work into doing a single ad than Adam and Drew do for entire episodes. If you want to just read the copy, fine, but don't do it every ten loving minutes and spare me the fauxthusiasm and tortured segues. It feels like the ads are the main feature of the show and they are just trying to kill time in between them so they can wrap the show and go home.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Drew's just there 'cause somebody dropped a nickel.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Seagulls are the drunkest of birds and someone's gotta eat Gronkowski.

Pretty decent episode today.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

Right from the very first episode with Alison, it was painfully obvious to me that she wasn't a good fit for the show or Adam's style of comedy. That's not to say that she isn't funny in her own right on her own show, because she is, but as far as meshing well with Adam, it never worked at all. I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I might be looking back with rose colored glasses, but I remember laughing at things Alison would say, Gina not so much.

Other than that episode that Gina was out, has Bald Bryan played any funny drops from her?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The only thing Gina brings to the table is her boobs.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Boinks posted:

The only thing Gina brings to the table is her boobs.

I cant believe they dont give her more poo poo for that mensa nonsense.

Let me get this straight Gina is a mensa member , but Brian isnt.

The jokes practically write themselves.

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
Gina is no genius, but neither is Brian.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

CatfishClyde posted:

Gina is no genius, but neither is Brian.

Brian is most definitely far smarter than Gina though.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

JB50 posted:

Brian is most definitely far smarter than Gina though.

He's smart enough not to pay a yearly membership fee for a club just to prove how intelligent he is.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
drat son. Who knew Gimli was racist as poo poo.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Legolas, mostly.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

visuvius posted:

drat son. Who knew Gimli was racist as poo poo.

What's he say?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Rad Lieutenant posted:

What's he say?

He was promoting a movie about the holocaust and came out hard against ISIS and other conservative muslims for reading Mein Kampf, repressing women, etc, etc.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'm confused. I just listened and he was very reasonable. Didn't say anything bad at all.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/entertainment/john-rhys-davies-cvhristianity-thr-feat/

If you consider that "racist as gently caress" how do you manage to listen to anything Carolla normally says on a daily basis?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lol we've crafted a society where we can't come out against ISIS now without being racist?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I actually was curious how bad it was and I had to turn it off because after like minute 20 I couldn't anymore. They're loving idiots.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Uhhhh no it was more the parts about where Gimli was saying the world is going to hell in a handbasket because of the loss of western, christian culture and society. I did a little poking and he has pretty strong feelings about loss of European, anglo-saxon culture and all that good poo poo.

"“I think that Tolkien says that some generations will be challenged. And if they do not rise to meet that challenge, they will lose their civilisation. That does have a real resonance with me.”

“I am for dead, (traditional) white male culture,” said Rhys-Davies, who divides his time between his homes in Los Angeles and the Isle of Man.

He's a member of the loving BNP for God's sake. Super reasonable.

visuvius fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 14, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

visuvius posted:

Uhhhh no it was more the parts about where Gimli was saying the world is going to hell in a handbasket because of the loss of western, christian culture and society. I did a little poking and he has pretty strong feelings about loss of European, anglo-saxon culture and all that good poo poo.

As he should. Can you imagine the hell of living under Sharia law, or in a place like China where you can be executed for speaking out against the government? Western values are worth protecting because the alternatives are nightmarish.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

What must it be like to look at the modern world and have the first thought in your head be “Wow the western value system and way of life are under fire! This is what is actually happening and not my knee-jerk reaction to the perceived immigration rates of brown people to my white country.”

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Only thing that bugged me was the Christian part.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah. What, exactly, is Christian about Europe's modern values system? Try secular. If you really have an issue with Islam, it's with their actual belief in religion and how that causes the degeneration of intellect society-wide.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Apoplexy posted:

Yeah. What, exactly, is Christian about Europe's modern values system?

Christianity is the basis of its evolution over the last five hundred years. Every great western philosopher being Christian and/or theistic. The fact that nearly every leader of every country in the western world is a church going Christian.

You'd have to be pretty ignorant of history and politics to not know that Western Culture is inexorably tied to Christian values.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

okay you win go back to pyf

WEH fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 15, 2015

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Adam finally put the dog out of its misery.

RIP in peace Molly girl.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
That's what happens when you don't put in the hard yards to switch to kibble instead of gross jellied horse meat.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
dog should've been less lazy and entitled. Gotta work hard for health

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

JB50 posted:

Adam finally put the dog out of its misery.

RIP in peace Molly girl.

Adam was right: Once you hit $10k and the dog starts losing ears and other appendages, and requires a routine of shots and pills just to live, it's time to move on.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

+ it's just a dog you can buy a new one anywhere.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I had a Carolla moment today while talking with an ex-girlfriend about a guy she went on a date with. She said he was a very handsome white guy (she's Cuban), "Like, uh, Ryan Gosling? Is that a white guy?" she asked me. I said, yeah and added "Look at you, pulling down hot studs."

"That's what he did for a living!"
"What?"
"He pulled down studs. Demolitions."

And then, possessed by the spirit of the Ace Man, we spent about three minutes talking about how loving crazy it was that I'd said that and that's his job.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

ChaosMonkey posted:

I had a Carolla moment today while talking with an ex-girlfriend about a guy she went on a date with. She said he was a very handsome white guy (she's Cuban), "Like, uh, Ryan Gosling? Is that a white guy?" she asked me. I said, yeah and added "Look at you, pulling down hot studs."

"That's what he did for a living!"
"What?"
"He pulled down studs. Demolitions."

And then, possessed by the spirit of the Ace Man, we spent about three minutes talking about how loving crazy it was that I'd said that and that's his job.

Awesome. Usually when I pull a Carolla with my wife it's me angrily complaining about something stupid.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I haven't listened in a while, but anyone been watching Catch a Contractor? They're going a bit overboard with the reality TV angle especially in the "sting house" segment, but Adam's been nailing it. The episode from a couple weeks ago when they're ripping into the guy who doesn't know how measurements work is one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I haven't listened in a while, but anyone been watching Catch a Contractor? They're going a bit overboard with the reality TV angle especially in the "sting house" segment, but Adam's been nailing it. The episode from a couple weeks ago when they're ripping into the guy who doesn't know how measurements work is one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a long time.

The only part I hate about the show is the way they edit it like they are gonna be busted at the sting house as they go to commercial. Every time guys, really?