Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Redgrendel2001 posted:

If the Republicans actually nominate Trump, Obama's next press conference is just going to be him saying "Mission Accomplished." and dropping the mic.

Whys that, he hasnt done anything about immigration except dropping the ball and passing the buck. Trump 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

him have no real hair

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Tautologicus posted:

Whys that, he hasnt done anything about immigration except dropping the ball and passing the buck. Trump 2016

*buys "The Buck Stops Here" sign for oval office, leaves it for the next guy*

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tautologicus posted:

Not true! Obama has deported more people than any other president in US history!

Aside from the no pre-existing conditions clause in the ACA he's been a really successful center right pro business prez. Can't wait to see Trump get elected by his half of the nation and be a really successful center left operator.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

Not true! Obama has deported more people than any other president in US history!

Aside from the no pre-existing conditions clause in the ACA he's been a really successful center right pro business prez. Can't wait to see Trump get elected by his half of the nation and be a really successful center left operator.

Hm looks like youre probably right. I prefer posting before researching here in the gibis

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/09/08/us/us-deports-record-number-of-foreigners-in-2011.html?_r=0&referrer=

But he hasnt worked to get to the source of the problem and thats what counts. Central american economic assistance/reform/not messing with them militarily every few months (Fast and Furious for starters). Or a huge wall. Worked for Israel. Apartheid is nothing if not a solution.

Alternatively make the Americas a free travel zone and it will all sort out after 50 years or so (maybe not cleanly).

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Look at dis double post

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Trump: Make America Great Again!

The Donald has defined the debate for the Republican primaries, the other candidates can either jump on his bandwagon or be crushed under it's wheels

[e] Look at this and tell me you don't want to wear one of these hats: http://shop.donaldjtrump.com/category-s/111.htm

Ivor Biggun has issued a correction as of 14:38 on Aug 7, 2015

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

blablablabla posted:

Megyn Kelly ‏@megynkelly 4h4 hours ago
.@DWStweets: “I’m more confident than ever that the Democratic nominee will eventually become president.” #KellyFile

Haha

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

With God as my witness, George W. Bush's face has never once looked like that in his entire loving life

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

hahaha. how can you not love this man

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Can someone explain how Cruz is still running for president when he was born in Calgary? Isn't that unconstitutional?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's sort of up for debate. You have to be a "natural-born citizen". The only saving grace is his mother was born in Delaware (father is Cuban). There could be some lawyering about it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
"I don't mind paying for 'gash as long as it's class" - Donald Trump, 2016

Sten Freak posted:

It's beautiful. :xd:

Knight has issued a correction as of 15:19 on Aug 7, 2015

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Nagato posted:

With God as my witness, George W. Bush's face has never once looked like that in his entire loving life

Check out those guns.

Remember when conspiracy theorists were all "he's wearing a wire!" during the debates but nope that's his bra back brace cuz he can't stand up straight.

"Warrior" lol

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Spider-Man for president

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I'm the fully grown adult man painstakingly colouring that in pencil crayon

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

wid posted:

Except they didn't create him. He saw an opportunity. He saw what the dumb masses wanted and he's giving it to them: showmanship over substance. The whole birth certificate debacle was probably a test bed to him on how much he could push this. Trump is a businessman at the core, he saw an opportunity to make bank by sweet talking the dumb voters.

The right wing media is freaking out because he's stealing away their base by being the candidate they have been promised while not being their Manchurian candidate. If anything, the right wing media created the atmosphere and their base ripe for Trump to harvest.

I hear so many tea-party and "conservative christian republican" types every day say that they are so behind Trump because "he's not a politician" and "he supports the American dream!" Just a few years ago, Fox was trumpeting G.W. Bush as being "not a politician" and saying that he was the kind of guy everyone would like to have a beer with. Then they get behind the crazy-rear end Tea Party and whip them into a frenzy, wrapping the American flag onto everything and telling all of their base that their problems are completely because of politicians/Democrats/Brown People. It worked for the GOP/Fox for so long because they had control of these types and they could always count on them to stand in line and vote for whomever they deemed to be the most acceptable to keeping the GOP establishment rolling along.

Then along comes Trump, always a great sound byte for the frothing masses, but surely not a serious candidate. At least that's what the GOP thought. They just didn't think about their 20+ year strategy creating the monster that is Trump. He's taking all of their talking points over that time and making it his entire campaign. He takes them and distills them down to ridiculous catch phrases and horrible, yet simplistic positions (Hispanics killing our country! Build a wall! Rapists/Murderers everywhere!) and it's resonating with the GOP base. That and people love a showman, and that Trump has perfected. Ailes and gang must have really done something to piss Trump off at some point along the way.

It's hilarious. The GOP base is rallying around Trump, because no one in their right mind (even the GOP base) wants another Bush in control. Trump continues to troll along and gains traction with each idiotic statement that rolls from his mouth. And there's nothing they can do to stop it, as he feasts upon the rotten husk of the GOP establishment. Now, if only the Democratic base would cast aside Hillary completely and send her out to pasture with Jeb.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Iä! Iä! Trump fhtagn!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Furious Mittens posted:

I hear so many tea-party and "conservative christian republican" types every day say that they are so behind Trump because "he's not a politician" and "he supports the American dream!" Just a few years ago, Fox was trumpeting G.W. Bush as being "not a politician" and saying that he was the kind of guy everyone would like to have a beer with. Then they get behind the crazy-rear end Tea Party and whip them into a frenzy, wrapping the American flag onto everything and telling all of their base that their problems are completely because of politicians/Democrats/Brown People. It worked for the GOP/Fox for so long because they had control of these types and they could always count on them to stand in line and vote for whomever they deemed to be the most acceptable to keeping the GOP establishment rolling along.

Then along comes Trump, always a great sound byte for the frothing masses, but surely not a serious candidate. At least that's what the GOP thought. They just didn't think about their 20+ year strategy creating the monster that is Trump. He's taking all of their talking points over that time and making it his entire campaign. He takes them and distills them down to ridiculous catch phrases and horrible, yet simplistic positions (Hispanics killing our country! Build a wall! Rapists/Murderers everywhere!) and it's resonating with the GOP base. That and people love a showman, and that Trump has perfected. Ailes and gang must have really done something to piss Trump off at some point along the way.

It's hilarious. The GOP base is rallying around Trump, because no one in their right mind (even the GOP base) wants another Bush in control. Trump continues to troll along and gains traction with each idiotic statement that rolls from his mouth. And there's nothing they can do to stop it, as he feasts upon the rotten husk of the GOP establishment. Now, if only the Democratic base would cast aside Hillary completely and send her out to pasture with Jeb.

This is a long post. I didn't read it but I'm assuming it was all about how awesome Trump is.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

so what are his actual policies, besides building a wall

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Parallax Scroll posted:

He literally has said "I have policies but they are a secret right now"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Parallax Scroll posted:

Having actual policies is for poor people.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Parallax Scroll posted:

stopping mexico from sending trash here

kicking china and iran's rear end

basically the american dream

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

During the debate he implied that he is going to declare bankruptcy in order to erase the national debt, so there ya go.

Vote Trump 4 Prez!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Parallax Scroll posted:

I guess we'll never know because instead of asking him policy questions, the moderators asked him about bankruptcies and fat women.

But really, he's being about as specific as any other candidate on either side, except for Bernie Sanders. It's really hard to be specific about what you would do when you suddenly have the resources of the most powerful country in the world along with the bureaucracy of accessing them. These things can't be planned. Don't expect specifics until late in the general election, if ever.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Trump needs to realize that the whole border wall is played out. He needs a fresh new idea for the new millennium.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I know two racist Tea Party nutbars who are totally on board with Trump. Even they hate the idea of another Bush.

Can't wait for America to go flying backwards again after Obama finally finished being Bush's janitor and fixing the country a little

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Tricky D posted:

Trump needs to realize that the whole border wall is played out. He needs a fresh new idea for the new millennium.

A very good joke from a very good show

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Windows 98 posted:

This is a long post. I didn't read it but I'm assuming it was all about how awesome Trump is.

Yeah, more or less.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
Why is this happening?

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

RaceBannon posted:

Why is this happening?

Parody timeline, it started in december 2000

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Ramsus posted:

It's sort of up for debate. You have to be a "natural-born citizen". The only saving grace is his mother was born in Delaware (father is Cuban). There could be some lawyering about it.

If at any part of this circus Trump starts demanding Ted " Human Dumpster Fire" Cruz's birth certificate it will be the best thing :allears:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Sten Freak posted:

even santorum is getting into it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Blazing Ownager posted:

I hope Trump wins and then turns the white house into a new reality TV show, because that is truly the fate America deserves.

I think the legit best case is he wins the primaries, then loses the race, win/win for everyone. But right now he's a wonderful party-imploding monkey wrench and I just can't get mad about that.

ehhh he's really not going to win the primaries. he'll eventually fizzle out like bachman, gringrich, and even ron paul. nate silver did a pretty good piece on it on why he's hosed http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-six-stages-of-doom/

though it would be loving amazing if he did win the primaries by some miracle

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Xaris posted:

ehhh he's really not going to win the primaries. he'll eventually fizzle out like bachman, gringrich, and even ron paul. nate silver did a pretty good piece on it on why he's hosed http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-six-stages-of-doom/

though it would be loving amazing if he did win the primaries by some miracle

I think he underestimates Trumps chances with the "2%" thing. Like he still is a shot in the dark, but unlike the rest of the fringe candidates he has zero loving shame.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm pretty sure trump has tapped into primal GOP insanity and it's gonna take something huge to derail this trump train (it has no brakes)

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Trump train gonna plow right into the White House.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

NutritiousSnack posted:

I think he underestimates Trumps chances with the "2%" thing. Like he still is a shot in the dark, but unlike the rest of the fringe candidates he has zero loving shame.

Maybe, that does seem a little low. it would be amazing if he's wrong here. He's usually not too far off though. But he's right it's still super early and not a lot are paying attention besides the usual fringe right now (like other bad candidates in the past)

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Moridin920 posted:

i'm pretty sure trump has tapped into primal GOP insanity and it's gonna take something huge to derail this trump train (it has no brakes)

i dunno i think that a train with no brakes would be the easiest train to derail

you ever tried to tip over a stationary train my friend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Trump will not be the GOP candidate, the GOP leadership loving hates him. He’ll keep doing the debates until they boot him out and then he’ll go independent. Its loving glorious he’s literally burning down whats left of the GOP

• Locked thread