Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Anora posted:

She looks like a fox though.

To clarify: Not in the "rawr, foxy" way, I mean her ears are more large and pointed in the way a typical fox character is drawn, not smaller and more triangle cats are usually done in.

I didn't know what animal she was supposed to be until the laser pointer comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

fritz posted:

I don't see how people can hate any of these characters.
It's the issue with the Oracle again; Cabbage has pretty much gotten off scot-free for all his nonsense (the comparisons of Wario by way of Goku's parenting skills is pretty apt) and we haven't had that moment where he's had that moment where it's been thrown back in his face like Tomato or Almond have had (both by the medium of NK, oddly enough.)

So really what we need is him introduced to NK cause he seems to be the one to dispense that sort of thing in this comic.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 5, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm most like Tomato, in that I read this comic for the SMOOCHES?!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

ConanThe3rd posted:

It's the issue with the Oracle again; Cabbage has pretty much gotten off scot-free for all his nonsense (the comparisons of Wario by way of Goku's parenting skills is pretty apt) and we haven't had that moment where he's had that moment where it's been thrown back in his face like Tomato or Almond have had (both by the medium of NK, oddly enough.)

So really what we need is him introduced to NK cause he seems to be the one to dispense that sort of thing in this comic.

your gimmick is really weird

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm gonna shove you in a locker.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

JuniperCake posted:

She's no more selfish than say Almond who let them get the last stone so she could have an awesome sword fight adventure.

Eventual legal proceedings will have Cordelia charged with war crimes against bunny kind, but Almond will get charged with HIGH TREASON :unsmigghh:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Anora posted:

She looks like a fox though.

To clarify: Not in the "rawr, foxy" way, I mean her ears are more large and pointed in the way a typical fox character is drawn, not smaller and more triangle cats are usually done in.

I'm pretty sure that Cordelia and Caboodle are both from Cat Planet because their names start with C.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The Dropbox links dropped for me so that's coming along nicely.

BuhamutZeo posted:

Eventual legal proceedings will have Cordelia charged with war crimes against bunny kind, but Almond will get charged with HIGH TREASON :unsmigghh:
I would read Turnabout Cucumber.

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm gonna shove you in a locker.
Love you too, Invictus.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 6, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Alopex posted:

I'm pretty sure that Cordelia and Caboodle are both from Cat Planet because their names start with C.

So do the names of Cucumber, Carrot, Cosmo, Cabbage... The plot thickens! :v:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I always thought Peridot was from outer space. I mean, since it's a gem that arrives in meteors.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
For a second there I thought I was back in the SU thread. :cripes:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Cucumber Quest, Steven Universe, it all sort of melds together after a point.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Why do you think all of NK's minions turn back into gem/orbs?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Renaissance Robot posted:

For a second there I thought I was back in the SU thread. :cripes:

It happens.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
:boom:

Rosemaster continues her run of slaying everyone, all the time, constantly.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Is this a flashback or somthing?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah this looks to be a flashback to before the boss fight, but after she took the Crocus for herself instead of giving it to Glitchmaster.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Or maybe there's the typical boss stage near the end where they have to fight all the bosses they've defeated again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Rosemaster is transforming to her next form and this little aside is happening somewhere. In her mind, in the crocus, I don't know but her and Glitchmaster are having a conversation while she transforms.

Anyway, are we still going to keep doing this song and dance of no one linking the newest page when it comes up?

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-650/

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Rosemaster is transforming to her next form and this little aside is happening somewhere. In her mind, in the crocus, I don't know but her and Glitchmaster are having a conversation while she transforms.

Anyway, are we still going to keep doing this song and dance of no one linking the newest page when it comes up?

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-650/

I don't know, the conversation about how she looks kinda leads into what she looks like now?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The conversation also implies the heroes haven't arrived yet. It's a flashback.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stormgale posted:

I don't know, the conversation about how she looks kinda leads into what she looks like now?

From earlier on, it looks like it's in the future because she remarks on how Glitchmaster would've just killed him.

I'm hinging that on 'him' being Carrot and not NK though.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-646/

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

RareAcumen posted:

From earlier on, it looks like it's in the future because she remarks on how Glitchmaster would've just killed him.

I'm hinging that on 'him' being Carrot and not NK though.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-646/

The Him is the NK, and it's a flashback, Gigi confirms it on her ask.fm

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
OK Good. Was sort of worried this fight was going to drag on further.

Does sort of suggest GM is still alive though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's an alternate timeline in which the fight we've been witnessing happened slightly later.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's saved to the second block.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
New update is up, and it's three pages long.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Oh no. :smith:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I really hope this entire comic isn't gonna be "But what if the bad guys WEREN'T REALLY BAD ANYMORE"

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I really hope this entire comic isn't gonna be "But what if the bad guys WEREN'T REALLY BAD ANYMORE"

Splashmaster wasn't really aware of what was really going on other than smashing things, and Noisemaster was pretty bent on wiping out Treblopolis, so honestly, who knows what the other Disaster Masters will be like.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Rosemaster is the only villain so far who even sorta fits this so I don't know what you're worried about.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

And Nightmare Knight, of course, but that's so core to his character he barely counts as a villain.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Gamerofthegame posted:

The idea that the whole shebang isn't actually anything like what it seems and that the "bad guys" much like the good guys aren't necessarily bad/good so much as they are filling out the roles that have been cast for them, all to some unknown end. And while she may not be "bad", Rosemaster has still embraced her role as a villain.

But seriously, "opponents actually just fulfilling their role and not being all that bad" has been as much of a running theme since the comic began (with gummy bear) as "allies are actually often just as responsible for the bad stuff as the opponents" (The Oracle, Cucumber's Father, Almond, etc.)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

GlyphGryph posted:

The idea that the whole shebang isn't actually anything like what it seems and that the "bad guys" much like the good guys aren't necessarily bad/good so much as they are filling out the roles that have been cast for them, all to some unknown end. And while she may not be "bad", Rosemaster has still embraced her role as a villain.

But seriously, "opponents actually just fulfilling their role and not being all that bad" has been as much of a running theme since the comic began (with gummy bear) as "allies are actually often just as responsible for the bad stuff as the opponents" (The Oracle, Cucumber's Father, Almond, etc.)

Although, presumably she won't be embracing that role as hard now that she's figured out that her father-crush doesn't actually want to win.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

Although, presumably she won't be embracing that role as hard now that she's figured out that her father-crush doesn't actually want to win.

This sequence took place before the fight with Carrot at the Old Botanica Ruins. So she already put up a hell of a fight.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

GlyphGryph posted:

I'd agree. This shouldn't come as a surprise. I think a more valid criticism, however, would be that there are better ways to do this than a MASSIVE SOLILOQUY. It is a touch ham handed.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Malpais Legate posted:

This sequence took place before the fight with Carrot at the Old Botanica Ruins. So she already put up a hell of a fight.

Has she though? She could have crushed them all at the start but played around until Carrot went all power of love on her, seems like she's just putting on a great show.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Malpais Legate posted:

I keep waiting for that moment when Rosemaster ACTUALLY has everyone pinned, ready to strike the final blow, and she looks into the camera.

See, I could have won. I hope you know that.

And then just returns to her orb state willingly, like Mutemaster and Noisemaster.

Stormgale posted:

Has she though? She could have crushed them all at the start but played around until Carrot went all power of love on her, seems like she's just putting on a great show.

Hence my prior Oracular post.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Malpais Legate posted:

Hence my prior Oracular post.

Wait sorry I misread your post and I all ready called you an oracle back when she looked at the camera before this flashback, we are agreeing here I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'd agree. This shouldn't come as a surprise. I think a more valid criticism, however, would be that there are better ways to do this than a MASSIVE SOLILOQUY. It is a touch ham handed.

I think that's what's bothering me about this scene. I don't want to sound petty, but... to me, Rosemaster kind of seems like the author's pet character at this point. She's beautiful, smart, strong, secretly benevolent, and she only commits evil acts because she's selfless and cares about NK. Hell, she's literally being bathed in angelic white light right now. It feels like I'm being beaten over the head with how absolutely wonderful she is.

Oh well, at least the art is amazing.