Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

StrifeHira posted:

...So, make Yamcha an even bigger Toru Furuya reference thing? Upgrade from Spirit Ball to Spirit Funnels? While we're at it let's toss in him appearing out of nowhere wearing a tuxedo and a mask. Also something involving a Pegasus...

I'd be so totally cool with this you have no idea. Sadly making Yamcha just a gigantic reference to all of Toru Furuya's roles is never happening. Yamchamuroseiya Mask would be super neat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Ressurection of R.

Raditz comes back and is just a decent uncle to Gohan and dotes on his great niece. Piccolo gets jealous.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Yamcha isn't doing anything important or cool ever again because at this point he's simply a joke character.

He was always a joke character.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

KoB posted:

Ressurection of R.

Raditz comes back and is just a decent uncle to Gohan and dotes on his great niece. Piccolo gets jealous.

Would watch

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I want Beerus to get jealous and away Super Saiyan transformations.. just block it off, no longer an option. Everyone back on relatively the same playing field.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

KoB posted:

Ressurection of R.

Only if Nappa comes back too

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Goku and Vegeta's Saiyan Highschool Reunion

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yamcha isn't doing anything important or cool ever again because at this point he's simply a joke character.

He was always a joke character.

Actually, he was originally created as an exposition character who would explain things to the audience and demonstrate to us how high the stakes were by losing to villains early. Even Toriyama couldn't help that it would eventually make him seem pathetic.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
this is literally the best thing I've seen in a long time.

http://nerdist.com/dragon-ball-z-resurrection-f-cast-dubs-over-famous-movie-scenes-in-character/

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Yamcha was the jobber all throughout DB. The whole "Main-Villain just beat Yamcha; OMG he must be super strong!!" stopped being believable sometime around Piccolo Jr.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Oh god I'm in tears from laughing

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Haha, i had to hide laughing at work.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Is there a youtube video anyone knows of that's a good introduction to dragonball/dbz for total newbies? My 9 year old sister wants to come see Revival of F with me tomorrow but she wants to know more about the story and characters before we go.

I'm not sure how to go about it since there's an awful lot of ground to cover with Z. Dragonball I think is summarized by one of the movies? Path to Power? So we might watch that and Battle of Gods tonight but I was hoping there'd be some way to fill her in about Frieza and stuff without having to watch hundreds of episodes (unless she wants to later on).

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think you can cover the nessescary ground with the time remaining.

or you know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPhv_Ll-BzA

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

New Leaf posted:

I want Beerus to get jealous and away Super Saiyan transformations.. just block it off, no longer an option. Everyone back on relatively the same playing field.

Resurrection F, or some of the super early information from it, originally suggested that this was part of the reason Freeza was going to be a challenge is that Goku and Vegeta couldn't turn into Super Saiyans/went full Buu Saga Gohan and no longer need Super Saiyan transformations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Stairmaster posted:

I don't think you can cover the nessescary ground with the time remaining.

or you know:

haha yeah, i wish that video worked for this. it's amazing.

i can probably just explain frieza to her and i think it'll be okay. big bad space emperor that goku beat up a long time ago and now wants revenge. she mostly just wants to hang out with me and see if she likes stuff i like (we've been watching steven universe together and she loves it), so i wanted to help her not be totally lost. if she likes the movie she's probably going to want to watch the show but we'll see if it's too confusing or not.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best Yamcha moment was when Tien brutally broke his leg in half in front of his girlfriend who hadn't seen him in forever.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Resurrection F, or some of the super early information from it, originally suggested that this was part of the reason Freeza was going to be a challenge is that Goku and Vegeta couldn't turn into Super Saiyans/went full Buu Saga Gohan and no longer need Super Saiyan transformations.

That was never a thing, that was just speculation by this thread based on nothing, but the trailers showing no one in the SS form. In reality, that was just to hide the SSGSS form until it was time to reveal it.

Also, why would anyone want to get rid of Super Sayians? They're awesome!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The first teaser poster for F was Super Saiyan Goku. Super Saiyan may change but it's not going anywhere

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Mordaedil posted:

Actually, he was originally created as an exposition character who would explain things to the audience and demonstrate to us how high the stakes were by losing to villains early. Even Toriyama couldn't help that it would eventually make him seem pathetic.

Imagine if Yamcha kept being the exposition guy all the way till now, even in regards towards beings he shouldn't know anything about

KoB posted:

Ressurection of R.

Ekusukariba posted:

Only if Nappa comes back too

Yes, also I can't help but imagine Vegeta and Nappa going out for drinks and then after getting drunk, Vegeta admits he's always regretted blowing Nappa up

Also Raditz and Nappa unlocking Super Saiyan to protect Goten & Trunks from some new villain's attack(everyone else was busy and Goten and Trunks wouldn't have been able to power up in time)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'd be okay with Yamcha being dbz's speedwagon

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

speedwagon has value as a human being though.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I want a director's cut featuring Gotenks challenging Freeza. Just have him get one punch KOed so hard he splits into KOedd Goten and Trunks

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

The best Yamcha moment was when Tien brutally broke his leg in half in front of his girlfriend who hadn't seen him in forever.

The sadder thing is I don't think he was even conscious enough to feel it get broken.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

A serious pro-click.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Oh my loving god. :allears:

Vegeta/Frieza in Zoolander killed me. 2nd Best is Goku in Friday.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Hooly poo poo that last one is AMAZING.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

DBZ's Speedwagon is Bulma because she has money and is useful to know.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Also Raditz and Nappa unlocking Super Saiyan to protect Goten & Trunks from some new villain's attack(everyone else was busy and Goten and Trunks wouldn't have been able to power up in time)

More like goten and trunks training Raditz and Nappa to become super saiyans, and also the fusion dance, also we need more fusions in general Gotenks along side a future Trunks/Gohan fusion would be awesome.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Raditz and Nappa fuse into a character who can go super saiyan without looking absolutely ridiculous

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kelp Plankton posted:

Raditz and Nappa fuse into a character who can go super saiyan without looking absolutely ridiculous

Raditz and Nappa fusing would produce a giant skullet and be the universe's strongest creepy uncle.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nappa mooches with Vegeta at Bulma's place and always pulls the "Well at least I didn't blow anyone up" line.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bobjr posted:

Nappa mooches with Vegeta at Bulma's place and always pulls the "Well at least I didn't blow anyone up" line.

Which doesn't work because he did a lot.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

bobjr posted:

Nappa goes and apologizes to everyone in that city he blew up, and everyone else he killed the first time around(they all got brought back with some offscreen wishing during that time skip between Trunks killing Frieza and the Androids showing up), it takes a while for him to finish(also he gets in some My Name Is Earl shenanigans in the process)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Nappa goes and apologizes to everyone in that city he blew up, and everyone else he killed the first time around(they all got brought back with some offscreen wishing during that time skip between Trunks killing Frieza and the Androids showing up), it takes a while for him to finish(also he gets in some My Name Is Earl shenanigans in the process)

Uhm, I think you mean he would apologize to all those people who were at church when he blew up their empty buildings.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I get thinking Nappa coming back would be cool since he seemed to not actually be so bad (wanting to wish Radditz back; upset that Vegeta killed the saibaman) but Radditz was a completely irredeemable piece of poo poo and one of the most evil bad guys in the series.

But people here were clamoring for a plot where Freeza becomes a good guy/joke when he was revealed to be in the new movie so I guess there's a group who wants DB to become some weird slice of life comedy.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Alternate idea Nappa becomes a Saibamen trainer who makes them the hot new pet to have.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

facebook jihad posted:

I guess there's a group who wants DB to become some weird slice of life comedy.

I find this a strangely common thought on the internet. Not just in regards to DB, but we all media with a huge fan following. There just tends to be a group in that fandom that wants slice of life stuff.

Caros
May 14, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

I get thinking Nappa coming back would be cool since he seemed to not actually be so bad (wanting to wish Radditz back; upset that Vegeta killed the saibaman) but Radditz was a completely irredeemable piece of poo poo and one of the most evil bad guys in the series.

But people here were clamoring for a plot where Freeza becomes a good guy/joke when he was revealed to be in the new movie so I guess there's a group who wants DB to become some weird slice of life comedy.

Honestly I just wanted it because it goes in keeping with dragonballs basic theme. If Goku doesn't kill you, you're his ally later on. Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Piccolo (kinda), Vegeta, 16, 17, 18, Fat buu and Uub, not to mention all the ones I'm forgetting. Having Frieza come back from the dead, train up only to get shitstomped and maybe realize the error of his ways could have been interesting. Hell Goku actually gives him the same chance to leave and come back to fight him again that he does for a lot of his other villains.

I mean yeah Frieza is one of history's greatest monsters, but so is Bills, and at least in filler Vegeta wasn't much better. Bills casually commits genocide because your planet's food is too greasy, but is so bored with it that the idea is played off for laughs.

You can't tell me it wouldn't be at least slightly interesting to see Freeza forced to fight along Goku out of necessity, even if Freeza later tries to backstab him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Getting mad about Beerus destroying things is like getting mad at a regular cat for knocking things off a counter.

• Locked thread