Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I threw this in the doc hoping someone would try to describe the image. It got skipped over but I wanted to share it anyway.

The person who wrote the poem about Garrus's feet also gave art a try. I found this in their gallery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Yeah, this poetry episode went way way better than my deviantart poetry one. I'll happily take the blame for it. My theory is it's because for poetry to be funny it needs to also be weird and impossible to understand the motives behind, and not just complete garbage written by an idiot. Also I'm gonna say that my docs were too long and I wasn't thorough enough with removing the less funny stuff.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Cyberventurer posted:

I was so nervous abuot if this document was good enough but I'm glad people like it, and it sounded like the readers had fun too.

I'm also getting a kick out of Lemon mentioning that I apologized for inflicting the ball busting topic on them. :v:

You shouldn't apologize, the ball-busting episode is one of the best.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

A Meat posted:

Yeah, this poetry episode went way way better than my deviantart poetry one. I'll happily take the blame for it. My theory is it's because for poetry to be funny it needs to also be weird and impossible to understand the motives behind, and not just complete garbage written by an idiot. Also I'm gonna say that my docs were too long and I wasn't thorough enough with removing the less funny stuff.

I think the rap battles are pretty legit as far as F Plus content, but the DeviantArt episode is probably one that really needed Portaxx. Someone that can give some context to the nerdy poo poo they were seeing.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It's a good white-kid-fanfiction-rap-battle episode but a lovely DeviantArt episode. I still relisten to it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Well, it's difficult to really capture the real terrors of Deviantart on an audio medium.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I feel like this recent episode might be one of the best, period. Everyone seemed to be really on the ball with jokes, and the content itself hit all the holes (both metaphorically, and almost literally).

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

YOUR CONTENT IS A COCK HOTEL

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Hey, do you guys enjoy dragons busting balls, hypnotic breasts, and/or partying?

Do you like stickers?

Because I got something in store for you guys pretty soon.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So apparently for episode 200 they're entertaining the idea of a retrospective. A "Where are they now?" sort of deal on some of the people they did readings about in the past.

I know Arin Tank isn't eight years old any more, but I hope he still loves fried chicken. :allears:

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

So apparently for episode 200 they're entertaining the idea of a retrospective. A "Where are they now?" sort of deal on some of the people they did readings about in the past.

I know Arin Tank isn't eight years old any more, but I hope he still loves fried chicken. :allears:

I wonder if GOD ever found babydaddyjim to give her health insurance.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

If that means more bboy360 and Patrick82 then I'm all for it!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cyberventurer posted:

I threw this in the doc hoping someone would try to describe the image. It got skipped over but I wanted to share it anyway.

The person who wrote the poem about Garrus's feet also gave art a try. I found this in their gallery.

That poem was loving physically painful, holy poo poo.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Because of this week's MBMBaM, I had to relisten to the Squat the Planet episode, and I forgot how good this one is. "We cracked a squat that was later famously known as 'Poop Squat,'" the guy diving into a dumpster and getting mauled by a raccoon, the barefoot poetry, "WhiteyIsACommieFaggot," and of course, the whole reason I was inspired to relisten, the dread lice. This one's probably in my top 10.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

To quote Lemon's tweet:
Hey guys. Guys. Guys. Guys?
More stickers are going to print.
https://www.stickermule.com/artworks/480704?token=6ce6e8978382de08

Also, I said I'd have something in store for you guys if you enjoy hypnotic breasts.
https://www.stickermule.com/artworks/480707?token=8dbebe42fcf0560b

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

These stickers are too good and I am way too broke. :sigh:

Edit: Both Portaxx and John Toast has been reading donations at SGDQ this year.

watho fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 1, 2015

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Because of this week's MBMBaM, I had to relisten to the Squat the Planet episode, and I forgot how good this one is. "We cracked a squat that was later famously known as 'Poop Squat,'" the guy diving into a dumpster and getting mauled by a raccoon, the barefoot poetry, "WhiteyIsACommieFaggot," and of course, the whole reason I was inspired to relisten, the dread lice. This one's probably in my top 10.

I love any time someone in a document gets an "MVP! MVP!" chant and I swear to god there's one of them in this episode.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Lumbermouth posted:

I love any time someone in a document gets an "MVP! MVP!" chant and I swear to god there's one of them in this episode.

Someone goes on a long-winded post about being barefoot in mud and then MVP comes in to tell to him to shut the hell up.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

A long-winded poem about being barefoot in mud. Some full-on hippie bullshit too, all mud orgasms and penetrating Mother Gaia with my feet and poo poo.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The best chant was definitely during Frank's reading of Do Unto Others, when the kid reveals he's an undercover cop and the entire place starts chanting "U S A! U S A! U S A!"

Driya
Feb 16, 2011

Apparently there's going to be another F Plus Live in October.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

A long-winded poem about being barefoot in mud. Some full-on hippie bullshit too, all mud orgasms and penetrating Mother Gaia with my feet and poo poo.

Sex was used as a euphemism for Vagina, we were in full pretension. And then yeah that one guy comes in and calls it a pile of bullshit. MVP indeed.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Driya posted:

I'm so stoked. No school this semester and I can probably get off work.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Driya posted:

drat I'll be in Hawaii that month. Hey Boots tell Lemon to do it in Hawaii.

vvv They should really put up a Kickstarter for it vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 6, 2015

Whimskey
Jul 4, 2007

As a Hawaii resident I second this. I'll probably never get to see f plus live :smith:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

poo poo, despite being one of like single-digit listeners here, Hawaii's a drat sight shorter a flight from Taiwan than the midwest is.

TO INDIEGOGO!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Fplus really needs to cover Vessyl.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tracula posted:

Fplus really needs to cover Vessyl.
Jesus what is up lately with all these idiot tech types who can't remember to drink a thing?

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

I hope F Plus Live is in Minneapolis again this year, no offense to you dudes out of the country. Live 3 was pretty great, and it'd be funny to go and say hi to Lemon and tell him I'm the schlub that made the random button and stickers (and maybe pins now, we talked about turning some designs into pins as a possibility).

I just hope whatever location has a little bit more sitting room than the bar from last year, since I assume there'll be lots more people showing up and it was already packed. I kept getting hit by the door.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
The live stuff (with the addition of the San Francisco episode, which I'll happily call F Plus Comma Live) are some of my favorites just because of the energy involved, the addition of a crowd adds a whole lot.

I'm wondering what the theme's gonna be, though. We've had celebrity books, self-help books and romances, what else could they cover? Schlocky fantasy in the vein of maybe Eye of Argon could have potential, but I think you'd struggle to get fun short grabs like with the others.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Cleretic posted:

The live stuff (with the addition of the San Francisco episode, which I'll happily call F Plus Comma Live) are some of my favorites just because of the energy involved, the addition of a crowd adds a whole lot.

I'm wondering what the theme's gonna be, though. We've had celebrity books, self-help books and romances, what else could they cover? Schlocky fantasy in the vein of maybe Eye of Argon could have potential, but I think you'd struggle to get fun short grabs like with the others.

I hope they go with an all-Piers Anthony show

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Fanfiction.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Going all-Piers Anthony would probably be pretty boring, because he's terrible in pretty much the same way almost all the time. On the other hand, I think there's more than enough awful bullshit in fantasy literature to support a show.

Still, I'd far prefer something that involves props and recipes. Listening to Lemon and ?Bumpgrrl? handle a tube sock full of lube was amazing.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
An all-Reddit extravaganza!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

PUGGERNAUT posted:

An all-Reddit extravaganza!
They already said no more MRAs though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!
I'm still going back and watching some runs from SGDQ. I expected Portaxx, and caught her live during Roundabout, but I didn't expect to catch John reading donations.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
When looking over the hopper I noticed that the Watch fetish episode wasn't in the "In" box OR the "Dump" box. Does this mean it's been recorded already? I hope so, I've been really curious on that one for a while.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Added Space posted:

When looking over the hopper I noticed that the Watch fetish episode wasn't in the "In" box OR the "Dump" box. Does this mean it's been recorded already? I hope so, I've been really curious on that one for a while.

Same thing happened to my conspiracy theory document, they said they recorded it. So, congrats! (I assume)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Same thing happened to my conspiracy theory document, they said they recorded it. So, congrats! (I assume)

That's just what they want you to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

Added Space posted:

They tweeted that they recorded it back on July 31.