Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Koei Tecmo wants to know if you want Yoru no Nai Kuni.

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/629571249849651200
https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/629702141792399360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

terrible page 1337 snipe ^^

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Another generic anime girly thing? Now this I can get passionate about

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

just bloodborne right now

Infamous owns.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hakkesshu posted:

:mad:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Bloodborne, Infamous second son / first light, the last of us remastered, little big planet 3.

Do not get the order 1886 or killzone.

That's it for now, maybe in a year or two there'll be more :cheeky:

These days most games are cross-platform and on PC so there's not a ton of exclusives.

killzone and the order are both worth a punt as they're so cheap now. not earth shattering games but they're fun enough to be worth a go

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Obsurveyor posted:

I hope there's an invasion timer for FOB combat too, just to really make the PVP tryhards screech.

drat, hosed up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want to play mad max but that release date is just drat unfortunate. I'll pick it up In a year on a flash sale.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

I want to play mad max but that release date is just drat unfortunate. I'll pick it up In a year on a flash sale.

It'll be 50% off before the end of the year.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

Considering the company handling the translation, there's going to be lines of text going outside textboxes, blatant typos, and some game crashing glitch because a menu was left in Japanese.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You could just get Mad Max in October. I was just looking at the upcoming releases and there's not a whole lot to compete with it on PS4 outside of Assassin's Creed. Most of the big stuff is exclusive to either Microsoft or Nintendo then.

Though I did notice three more games that seem to be exclusive to PS4: Dragon Quest Heroes, Tales of Zestiria (actually this is on PS3/4 and PC so scratch that) and Disgaea 5, all to be released in October. So there's something to look forward to if you're into JRPGs.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 7, 2015

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I literally bought a ps4 for bloodborne only and don't regret it at all. Just replay bloodborne again :black101:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Captain Yossarian posted:

I literally bought a ps4 for bloodborne only and don't regret it at all. Just replay bloodborne again :black101:

Yeah this is my plan for now. I might get last of us, which I never played.

I bought a ps3 for demons souls so why break the trend?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

They probably didn't even consider MGS and were just trying to make sure they didn't release in November like everybody else.

That gameplay footage someone posted before looks fun enough. That harpoon was pretty neat. Dunno that it's enough to go on to be excited for the game yet though.

Fury Road's bluray is also out on the first. The game looks fun enough but I think the movie and MGS V are a wiser investment. My birthday is later in the month so I might pick up the Mad Max game then.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm a filthy casual that was put off for Bloodborne for a long time for that very reason, but I picked it up last month and loving loved it. Best PS4 game I've played and I'm working on my 3rd playthrough a few days after finishing my second.

There are a lot of tips and stuff I could put here – or you might want to check out the dedicated thread – but I would say the one to know is that so much of the difficulty is self induced. For every time that I died because of a hard boss, I died five times because I got greedy, or careless, or arrogant.

People really hype up the difficulty, but it isn't as if your average villager kills you in a single hit or anything like that. However, if you decide to rush into a group of six villagers and swing your axe without a care in the world, you'll get put in the ground in short order. As long as you pay attention, take things slow, and do your best to lure enemies one at a time, you'll be fine. While there isn't an easy mode, if you're really getting ruined you can always grind a few levels (focus on vitality!), try a new area, or summon help online. Trust me, if I can beat Bloodborne, you can beat Bloodborne.

Man, I bought Bloodborne on launch day and I just hit Shadow of Yarnham. If you're a filthy casual, what does that make me?

Also Bloodborne rules.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah this is my plan for now. I might get last of us, which I never played.

I bought a ps3 for demons souls so why break the trend?

TlOU is loving great too. Gamedealdaily.com has download codes for it for dirt cheap if you don't have it yet

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

TlOU is loving great too. Gamedealdaily.com has download codes for it for dirt cheap if you don't have it yet

sweet, done

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

IDK if you're into it but the multiplayer in TLOU is phenomenal. Really satisfying tactical poo poo, better than the single player IMO.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I haven't bought PS+ yet, except for two day trial (rocket league is fun). I don't know if I want to bother, might just pay for random months when the free games are especially good.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I haven't bought PS+ yet, except for two day trial (rocket league is fun). I don't know if I want to bother, might just pay for random months when the free games are especially good.

That's a horrible way to do it, you can potentially end up paying more than the yearly membership. Just pay 50 dollars a year - it's worth it EASILY.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

That's a horrible way to do it, you can potentially end up paying more than the yearly membership. Just pay 50 dollars a year - it's worth it EASILY.

I don't really play many games and my tastes are pretty particular - I doubt I'd buy more than 3 months a year. I could be wrong but I'm going to wait and get a few months worth of examples before making the call. Certainly if I end up wanting it most months and actually playing the games, I'll do the year, but I'm going to wait and see.

edit: the game list does look pretty good - do I get it for both PS4 and PS3 by paying once?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Same RE: PS3 and Demons Souls

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I don't really play many games and my tastes are pretty particular - I doubt I'd buy more than 3 months a year. I could be wrong but I'm going to wait and get a few months worth of examples before making the call. Certainly if I end up wanting it most months and actually playing the games, I'll do the year, but I'm going to wait and see.

edit: the game list does look pretty good - do I get it for both PS4 and PS3 by paying once?

And Vita, yes. In case you ever decide to get a Vita, you'll have months upon months of games stocked up for it. It is seriously an insanely good value. And the other thing to remember is, you can only play the games you got with it while your subscription is activated; once it runs out, you can't play those games until you subscribe again. So getting just one month means you can claim those games, but once the month is out, you can't play them again without resubscribing.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 7, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

TaurusOxford posted:

Also the free games are only AVAILABLE to you when your Plus account is active and in good standing.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

And Vita, yes. In case you ever decide to get a Vita, you'll have months upon months of games stocked up for it. It is seriously an insanely good value. And the other thing to remember is, you can only play the games you got with it while your subscription is activated; once it runs out, you can't play those games until you subscribe again. So getting just one month means you can claim those games, but once the month is out, you can't play them again without resubscribing.

Yeah I got that part - if a game was good enough that I thought I'd keep going back to it, I'd probably buy it for real anyway. I presume that also means you have to be online to play them, and you can't launch them if your internet is down?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Stux posted:

killzone and the order are both worth a punt as they're so cheap now. not earth shattering games but they're fun enough to be worth a go

Order for cheap? Maybe, if you feel like watching a movie about werewolves.

But killzone? gently caress no. That game isn't worth ten loving minutes of your time. I haven't played such a boring and lovely garbage mainstream game in a loooooong time.

ColdPie posted:

Man, I bought Bloodborne on launch day and I just hit Shadow of Yarnham. If you're a filthy casual, what does that make me?

How much game time have you logged? :stare:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

I presume that also means you have to be online to play them, and you can't launch them if your internet is down?

No and no.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah I got that part - if a game was good enough that I thought I'd keep going back to it, I'd probably buy it for real anyway. I presume that also means you have to be online to play them, and you can't launch them if your internet is down?

Nope, it's actually set up to remember how long your sub lasts for, so even if your internet goes down, it knows your games are still good. Also somehow it has voodoo magic to know if you're loving with the system clock, so you can't just pretend to still be subscribed by setting the date back. You could realistically connect to PSN to buy PS+ and download your games, then unplug your PS4 from the router and still play them. You'd just need to plug back in at the end of the month to resubscribe once your subscription runs out.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Crappy Jack posted:

Nope, it's actually set up to remember how long your sub lasts for, so even if your internet goes down, it knows your games are still good. Also somehow it has voodoo magic to know if you're loving with the system clock, so you can't just pretend to still be subscribed by setting the date back. You could realistically connect to PSN to buy PS+ and download your games, then unplug your PS4 from the router and still play them. You'd just need to plug back in at the end of the month to resubscribe once your subscription runs out.

I'm going to move my PS4 at relativistic speeds to get more time out of my free games.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
Living in an airplane will give you a measurable advantage!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

But killzone? gently caress no. That game isn't worth ten loving minutes of your time. I haven't played such a boring and lovely garbage mainstream game in a loooooong time.

How much game time have you logged? :stare:

I dunno. I'm level 51. I go weeks between play sessions, and only do an hour or two at a time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ColdPie posted:

I go weeks between play sessions, and only do an hour or two at a time.

Yeah that's what I expected. Fair enough!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Feenix posted:

Also the free games are only AVAILABLE to you when your Plus account is active and in good standing.
Yeah, that's the main thing. If you only sub 3 months then the other 9 months of the year you can't play your free games.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Stux posted:

You know, people love to hate on Killzone but I felt that it was an effective game up to a certain point. The game kind of dumps much of it's atmosphere towards the end and tries to slide back into the more war focused storylines of the first 3 games instead of the sort of espionage ambiance of the beginning of the game.

The multiplayer is ok, it just feels like a grinder sometimes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The shooting is just bad though. It feels bad. Moving around feels bad. The whole first level is a disaster in forced cutscenes.

Its like somebody said "lets take call of duty and make it more generic and forgettable"

They even have gunner drones just like advanced warfare.

The story is bad but that doesn't even begin to enter into it because the shooting is so bad it doesn't even matter.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Zaphod42 posted:

The shooting is just bad though. It feels bad. Moving around feels bad. The whole first level is a disaster in forced cutscenes.

Its like somebody said "lets take call of duty and make it more generic and forgettable"

They even have gunner drones just like advanced warfare.

The story is bad but that doesn't even begin to enter into it because the shooting is so bad it doesn't even matter.

That has been pretty much true of all the Killzone games. I also think Shadow Fall predates advanced warfare.

As far as the shooting being bad, I will just leave that open for opinion. I mean, I felt it was the most solid FPS on the system at launch considering that BF4 was a broken mess, and Ghosts sucked. The next decent FPS didn't really come until May of 2014 (Wolfenstein)

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 7, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Well sure, compared to nothing it is a game. But compared to Wolfenstein why would you ever even bother.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

nah, killzones SP was a fun little play through, certainly better than the single player u get with battlefield or CoD. not that thats a high bar to pass but it was an enjoyable game, just not worth full price. multiplayer was a nice time waster as well for a bit but it'll be dead now obv

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Well sure, compared to nothing it is a game. But compared to Wolfenstein why would you ever even bother.

i enjoyed it enough to complete it. cant say the same thing about wolfenstein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wolfenstien never clicked with me either. I quit both that and Killzone before I finished but I'd say I possibly enjoyed Killzone more. The Moon in W:TNO bored me so much I just never turned it on a again.

Sometimes I think I must be in another world than most people when people say "the shooting is good" because a bunch of games that people bring up as benchmarks for shooting feel completely average to me (Wolfenstien, Destiny), and games I love to shoot poo poo in (Battlefield, TLOU) people say the shooting sucks.

• Locked thread