Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I think I'm the only person that had no issues with 10 and everything is running smoothly and I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Magnus Gallant posted:

I hope you custom installed it otherwise all your information is being sent to microsofts servers

I didn't :C

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CapitalistPig posted:

I think I'm the only person that had no issues with 10 and everything is running smoothly and I like it.

Nope, I love it. But I did a clean install so there was a much lower risk.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

BottleKnight posted:

Nope, I love it. But I did a clean install so there was a much lower risk.

I like how it is all the things that I enjoyed from 7 and the only things that were remotely good from 8 and none of the bad things from either.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

I like how it is all the things that I enjoyed from 7 and the only things that were remotely good from 8 and none of the bad things from either.

Yeah I like it but I wish it looked a bit more like 8 with the windows and everything, I liked that flat design.

The window multitasking, windows+tab menu, cortana, start menu, yeah. I love it.

I was using 8 though so really you didn't have to give me very much for it to be a worthy upgrade.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Windows 8 was the best windows.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
3.1 or bust

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I didn't :C

I'd go into privacy settings if I were you and disable the thing that takes all your calendars, notes, and your contacts to microsofts servers.

I'd also disable the thing that will randomly ping your computer for its location information, which it stores in microsofts servers

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Magnus Gallant posted:

I'd go into privacy settings if I were you and disable the thing that takes all your calendars, notes, and your contacts to microsofts servers.

I'd also disable the thing that will randomly ping your computer for its location information, which it stores in microsofts servers

Yeah, I found an article and turned everything off. Thanks for the advice Mags~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What does everybody think about GMOs? I think they are tasty and good.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think they are great.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I shot a GMO the other day and ground up the GMO meats and made a hamburger from it.
It was delicious.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
GMOs are great and are the likely answer to world hunger if we ever get around to trying to solve that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If Norman Borlaug says GMOs are good, GMOs are good.

It's better than the free-range vegan culture (I am generalizing) that loves things like quinoa and then makes staple food prices in south america skyrocket.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 27, 2020

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I am watching ancient aliens right now and they are saying catholics are aliens. :catholic:

for lunch I am eating rice and lima beans and a glass of OJ. I am still sick with a cough that will not die. It is probably sars. Goodbye.

Practicing Catholics do eat human flesh tbf.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Today is my birthday party! Yay!

Goodbye Ecco. I'm glad we became friends before you died.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you die, well, you aren't the OP of this thread anymore so we can still pm Asiina.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

When did this stupid :agreed: tag become popular as a response to almost everything in the mafia crew

It's me I'm the angry man about emoticons in this thread

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Agreed, and that's why Bernie Sanders is unfit to be president.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you look at his stances, Bernie is actually rather anti-science, but he's right about so many other things and we have absolutely no other good choices so he's still by a wide margin the best choice.

GMO labeling is only bad because it reinforces a bad assumption about them. It should probably still be okay to allow a product to advertise as GMO free or whatever if they have a superstitious base. Fortunately, there's no way GMO labeling is ever going to happen due to the very wide use of GMO-created high fructose corn syrup and the like by companies large and small.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

keane, for the last time stop trying to justify eating dogs you psychopath

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Yeah, I found an article and turned everything off. Thanks for the advice Mags~

I got lucky and clicked custom just to see what custom poo poo there was. I was shocked that Microsoft had so many anti-privacy options auto enabled.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Ernie. posted:

keane, for the last time stop trying to justify eating dogs you psychopath

Wow, this is amazingly insensitive.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

They're good in the short run bad in the long term.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Check out this misleading news title: "Bangladeshi blogger Niloy Neel hacked to death in latest attack"

He was hacked to pieces by a hachet or an axe or something sharp. His computer wasn't hacked so hard that he died from it. Pretty funny if you ask me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I didn't know about this, thank you for the link ecco :)

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

No that happened to me too kinda except windows 10 takes longer to boot up than windows 8 on my laptop

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I don't apologize for my erratic behavior. What can I say? I'm new to the magic of mafia threads, although it has been a lot of fun -- at times.

"So I like to drink, but I also like to save peoples' lives.. So either I get it right and save a life, or I might gently caress it up. Nobody said I was perfect.

If someone were attacked, well I can save them, but if I try to save someone that isn't attacked, well I hosed up. Hey, nobody said I was perfect, right?

Last night, I performed CPR on Ashenai, I thought he was a good guy, so I wanted to save him. After all, he'd been pretty vocal, so there was a good chance the mafia would be coming after him.

That night, Ashenai didn't die. Thank God for my CPR then, he obviously was targetted by the mafia, those bastards! But then it was announced that Nika Dmitriev (Captain Capitalism), a doctor, had been beheaded. How'd the mafia go after both Ashenai and Nika, and yet only one of them died?

If Ashenai had been targetted by the mafia, then I would have saved him. But if Ashenai had not been targetted by the mafia, then my alcoholic CPR skills should have killed him. Why didn't this happen? And why is Nika dead?

So what does this all mean? I don't have a clue. And I'm loving thirsty."

[Hope this helps, town. I don't know if it will. Good luck to you non-scum.]

[After a roleclaim, I think I'm definitely a threat to scum. And maybe I wouldn't get lynched right now, but we all know people would always return to the Iraff/Juanito chant/whine/bandwagon, so I'll save everybody (including myself) some time.]

Petya takes another swig and finishes the bottle. He belches, bangs the empty bottle onto the table, and slaps it onto the floor, where it shatters. He reaches for another bottle, but doesn't find one. Petya checks amongst his scarce medical supplies, but he's all out of vodka. He could walk a few houses down and get some more, but gently caress that.

This lovely city would probably love an excuse to lynch him. Well, I won't give them the satisfaction by going out there drunk.

"Of all times to run out of vodka," Petya mutters under his breath, "I'm so fuckin' thirsty."

He reaches for a claw hammer.

##vote Juanito

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Juanito posted:

I don't apologize for my erratic behavior. What can I say? I'm new to the magic of mafia threads, although it has been a lot of fun -- at times.

"So I like to drink, but I also like to save peoples' lives.. So either I get it right and save a life, or I might gently caress it up. Nobody said I was perfect.

If someone were attacked, well I can save them, but if I try to save someone that isn't attacked, well I hosed up. Hey, nobody said I was perfect, right?

Last night, I performed CPR on Ashenai, I thought he was a good guy, so I wanted to save him. After all, he'd been pretty vocal, so there was a good chance the mafia would be coming after him.

That night, Ashenai didn't die. Thank God for my CPR then, he obviously was targetted by the mafia, those bastards! But then it was announced that Nika Dmitriev (Captain Capitalism), a doctor, had been beheaded. How'd the mafia go after both Ashenai and Nika, and yet only one of them died?

If Ashenai had been targetted by the mafia, then I would have saved him. But if Ashenai had not been targetted by the mafia, then my alcoholic CPR skills should have killed him. Why didn't this happen? And why is Nika dead?

So what does this all mean? I don't have a clue. And I'm loving thirsty."

[Hope this helps, town. I don't know if it will. Good luck to you non-scum.]

[After a roleclaim, I think I'm definitely a threat to scum. And maybe I wouldn't get lynched right now, but we all know people would always return to the Iraff/Juanito chant/whine/bandwagon, so I'll save everybody (including myself) some time.]

Petya takes another swig and finishes the bottle. He belches, bangs the empty bottle onto the table, and slaps it onto the floor, where it shatters. He reaches for another bottle, but doesn't find one. Petya checks amongst his scarce medical supplies, but he's all out of vodka. He could walk a few houses down and get some more, but gently caress that.

This lovely city would probably love an excuse to lynch him. Well, I won't give them the satisfaction by going out there drunk.

"Of all times to run out of vodka," Petya mutters under his breath, "I'm so fuckin' thirsty."

He reaches for a claw hammer.

##vote Juanito

Nice what game was this from,

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Soooo, as many of you know my work schedule is erratic and quite intense. I'd like to play mafia, but my level of availability varies wildly week to week. However, I have just the solution to my ills. One of you awesome folks should run a WWE themed tag team royal rumble game. It would be the greatest thing ever and make this poor old man happy.

What say you?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I messaged Ashenai asking if he wanted to play a mafia game again and he said no, his life is too erratic.

*Trump voice* He is dead to me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

wins32767 posted:

Soooo, as many of you know my work schedule is erratic and quite intense. I'd like to play mafia, but my level of availability varies wildly week to week. However, I have just the solution to my ills. One of you awesome folks should run a WWE themed tag team royal rumble game. It would be the greatest thing ever and make this poor old man happy.

What say you?

Where is Jason your personal muse Firestrider :'(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

wins32767 posted:

What say you?

I would totally have done this instead if I hadnt already started my Chrono trigger cyor

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

wins32767 posted:

What say you?

That would actually be pretty amazing as a temple game

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Opopanax posted:

That would actually be pretty amazing as a temple game

...and you're just the mod for the job?

EDIT: Don't make me beg.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah maybe. Unless someone better at flavour wants to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
GMOs are not the answer to world hunger, I'm pretty sure it's going to be insects.