Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I mean none of that is wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

TwistedNails posted:

DGKK has a hard-on for themselves and likes to tell new players that PBC is not a fun place to be.

You're loving right. On all accounts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Here's the truth about (PBC | DGKK | TPT)

- It is full of people to play and chat and have fun with :)
- It is full of people who will drive you utterly mad :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The dark secret is that all three goon FCs are exactly the same.

Except DGKKs recruitment video was way better than ours.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Here's the truth about (PBC | DGKK | TPT)

- It is full of people to play and chat and have fun with :)
- It is full of people who will drive you utterly mad :(

This is 100% accurate with goon guilds in every game. The most fun and the least fun people to play with all under the same roof.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

All that being said, TPT is probably superior because their tag is, last I checked, <EULA>

Someone set PBC's to <420> and I died of shame :(

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

All that being said, TPT is probably superior because their tag is, last I checked, <EULA>

Bring back Junes

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ciaphas posted:

As a joke the exodus FC set the tag to <DONGS> for a bit and people lost their goddamn minds, it was beautiful.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

nuru posted:

For extra dps on Oppressor are tanks going dps stance after landing until before HThermal and HPlasma go out? So far it seems like Slaying accessories are absolutely fine for us, and more dps would be nice. Only the period from HThermal until the jump tends to be the dicey tank damage stretch.

On a similar topic, what's the safe percent to have Oppressor at for the split to be on track? I've heard somewhere around 63%, but that seems high.

We've been able to hit 60 before the split with our sch going full dps mode while the whm solo heals until the second dude drops in. This is with me the mt in tank stance and the ot in dps stance. Also I wear all str right side except neck.

Drk/pld is our tank setup.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 7, 2015

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Ciaphas posted:

At least you weren't <mpreg>.

Still though, DDGKK's <JELQ> was the best tag.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
It's been so long since I've seen my 2dads

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Bring back Junes

Having pubbies say "Every day's great" snd expect me to complete the jingle was adorable so yeah this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vahalla posted:

Still though, DDGKK's <JELQ> was the best tag.

:agreed:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
mpreg/3dpd best fc tags

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

The tag changed again.

The orb god constantly demands sacrifice, I give it the love and labor I can but its never enough.

The tag changed again.

I cry out in fury and more of them come in again scattered about, some Mandeville, others belch forth large sums of metals and woods.

The orb shrieks with joy and grows a face, I pull the face down and carefully place it on the front of our most proud ballistic missile.

The tag changed again.

There's a high pitched whine from high off, I'm not sure what it is, the orb is nearby after all. It echoes again through the halls, when they come in again they hum and smile and whisper "... June's!"

The tag changed again.

Where is my black clay who took my black clay where is the black clay???

The tag changed again.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

We've been able to hit 60 before the split with our sch going full dps mode while the whm solo heals until the second dude drops in. This is with me the mt in tank stance and the ot in dps stance. Also I wear all str right side except neck.

Drk/pld is our tank setup.

That's similar to what we're doing. I'm our SCH and dpsing full time in p1 and we're hitting about 64% with PLD/WAR and the PLD In shield oath (with I think VIT acc). Sounds like we have some tightening up we can do there still.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I was a fan of <Nice!> myself because I thought that thing with the moderators here was funny as hell, but

Captain Oblivious posted:

Having pubbies say "Every day's great" snd expect me to complete the jingle was adorable so yeah this

is amazingly compelling

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

RuanGacho posted:

The tag changed again.

The orb god constantly demands sacrifice, I give it the love and labor I can but its never enough.

The tag changed again.

I cry out in fury and more of them come in again scattered about, some Mandeville, others belch forth large sums of metals and woods.

The orb shrieks with joy and grows a face, I pull the face down and carefully place it on the front of our most proud ballistic missile.

The tag changed again.

There's a high pitched whine from high off, I'm not sure what it is, the orb is nearby after all. It echoes again through the halls, when they come in again they hum and smile and whisper "... June's!"

The tag changed again.

Where is my black clay who took my black clay where is the black clay???

The tag changed again.
Are you okay, Ruan :ohdear:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Ruan has never been ok

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

mr. stefan posted:

As a joke the exodus FC set the tag to <DONGS> for a bit and people lost their goddamn minds, it was beautiful.

Hahahahahahahahaha I knew that was <ZEON> before I even checked the company profile when that happened

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

It was recently brought to my attention just how much market value I've probably dumped into the airships personally even without using fc materials. I suddenly felt the true depths of my sacrifice and started finding the workshop way more amusing than it really is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nuru posted:

That's similar to what we're doing. I'm our SCH and dpsing full time in p1 and we're hitting about 64% with PLD/WAR and the PLD In shield oath (with I think VIT acc). Sounds like we have some tightening up we can do there still.

Some things that helped me on the melee side was placement of resin bombs and adds. For the first resin bomb, the two tanks and I would stack on the left flank of the boss. As long as I move right after the cast ends I don't get hit by the cleave. Even if I do, it isn't lethal damage. When the adds spawn, our OT throws out one overpower and runs around the resin puddle if one targeted one of the melee. A single bane from our scholar is usually enough to kill the adds. I'll try to hit them with a geirskogul as well, but for the most part no one has to take their attention away from the boss except the OT.

These things basically keep us all on the boss with as much uptime as possible.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I haven't been baning those adds and now I feel foolish.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

nuru posted:

I haven't been baning those adds and now I feel foolish.

Just make sure you let the OT grab them first. Ours banes right after the warrior overpowers.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

TwistedNails posted:

DGKK has a hard-on for themselves and likes to tell new players that PBC is not a fun place to be.

Well, at least you're not cuties.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Cuties has the best tag though.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I just got my botanist up to 50 and went to make him some clothes with my level 52 weaver and I literally cannot find forager's vest as a recipe. I've filtered by body. I've looked in 40-45 and 45-50 and 50-52 and I got the first master book and looked in the master class tab and its not there either. Every time I google it it says a level 50* weaver makes it. I literally do not understand why it isn't right with all the other 50* vests I can make like the 50* weaver coattail I made. And the 50* gloves and hat and pants I made for him.

Do I have to go on a quest to make this one single piece of equipment or something?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

nuru posted:

Cuties has the best tag though.

They got the tag from pbc

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Krinkle posted:

I just got my botanist up to 50 and went to make him some clothes with my level 52 weaver and I literally cannot find forager's vest as a recipe. I've filtered by body. I've looked in 40-45 and 45-50 and 50-52 and I got the first master book and looked in the master class tab and its not there either. Every time I google it it says a level 50* weaver makes it. I literally do not understand why it isn't right with all the other 50* vests I can make like the 50* weaver coattail I made. And the 50* gloves and hat and pants I made for him.

Do I have to go on a quest to make this one single piece of equipment or something?

It's from the second mastery book, that contains 4* recipes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Worth a fantasia

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's from the second mastery book, that contains 4* recipes.

Goddamn getting weaver up past 50 is a huge loving money sink. I literally do not see a step I can take besides grinding twinthreads and then buying the next level set of gear for a billion goddamn dollars.

I need a hundred more control before I can do anything, and seventy craftsmanship. I certainly can't make whatever bullshit brocade to get that book, or even anything from the first book I made.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Krinkle posted:

Goddamn getting weaver up past 50 is a huge loving money sink. I literally do not see a step I can take besides grinding twinthreads and then buying the next level set of gear for a billion goddamn dollars.

I need a hundred more control before I can do anything, and seventy craftsmanship. I certainly can't make whatever bullshit brocade to get that book, or even anything from the first book I made.

You're a level 52 Weaver right? Just get some Rainbow left side and an HQ 52 offhand from somebody. Boom problem more than solved.

Edit: Also you really don't need Foragers gear at all that poo poo is mega old news. You can coast to 55 on collectables using Gatherer AF gear and then buy some Dhalmelskin at Moghome

Edit 2: And keep your loving tools up to date.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 8, 2015

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Collectibles for weaver are extremely not worth it, yes? Please tell me yes? They are expensive as gently caress. I don't know what else to do to level up any further though. I've skipped the past few days because they want holy cloth items.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
For leveling weaver, use leves. For a while after launch it was cheaper to buy the leve turnins from vendors, this is probably still the case.

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Level botanist up to 51 and buy cheap gear from npc merchants that are better than the old stuff you're trying to make.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

All I want is to filter "cloth" and then click up and down through the recipe levels and not have it reset to "all" every loving time I change brackets. That's all I want. Is there a mod or something that does this? Where is dew thread? I'll find out in three minutes of clicking around like a goddamn caveman.

E: why umm. why. why is. Oh. When you try to make a level 54 item as level 52 your progress is like quartered or something. Well there is no level 52 weaver offhand and I blew all my money on HQ ingredients that I didn't get refunded. Is there a "rainbow left side" that isn't holy rainbow coatee that I need a book to see because I can't make that and I'm out a huge chunk of change now.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 8, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Krinkle posted:

Collectibles for weaver are extremely not worth it, yes? Please tell me yes? They are expensive as gently caress. I don't know what else to do to level up any further though. I've skipped the past few days because they want holy cloth items.

When I said coast to 55 on Collectables, I was talking about the Botanist you were attempting to make Foragers gear. Foragers gear is extremely unnecessary. For crafters leves are almost always the most efficient route. Goldsmith and Culinarian are the only exceptions and even then only in specific level ranges.

As for the Rainbow Coatee and your tools, are you on Excalibur? You can make things a lot simpler for yourself by simply obtaining the raw materials needed for your gear and getting a friendly goon to convert those into new gear. The early 50s for crafters can be really rough if you weren't big into crafting in 2.xx

Edit: Yes you are correct. New offhands come at 53 not 52, my bad. You can either get a free NQ one from the 53 class quest or get a goon to make an HQ one.

http://xivdb.com/?item/11935/Holy-Cedar-Spinning-Wheel

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 8, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Did that praetorium dungeon for the first time, didnt know the whole dungeon was just one long cutscene :nyoron:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Depths posted:

Did that praetorium dungeon for the first time, didnt know the whole dungeon was just one long cutscene :nyoron:

Yeah you just show up and think "I'm here, it's the end, time to fight some bosses, let's do this" but literally everyone there but you is just farming for cards or tomestones and wants it over with and doesn't give a gently caress it's your personal first time. Just sit back and enjoy the movies.

Then you show up on your roulette and Esc out of every cutscene and the guy complaining "I have no idea where to go" brings a smile to your face. Enjoy the cutscenes, guy. Three more coming up.

And no I'm on Cactuar and my guild seems to have evaporated so I have no one to lean on unless I want alchemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Depths posted:

I was lucky enough to get enough cool DGKK people around to do an undersized run of Prae so I could watch the cutscenes AND fight the bosses, oh man what a weird concept

Prae probably has the best dungeon theme in the game.

• Locked thread