Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
And given the locale for this game, if those requirements scare you, JC3 will probably be higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Kibayasu posted:

Nothing about the requirements strike me as particularly strange.

6GB of RAM for minimum seems a little odd to me. :shobon:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

System requirements are always higher on paper than in practice, I bet you can run the game fine with a 560ti, probably not on high settings but still playable.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ram is cheap as hell nowadays anyway. I've got 16GB because I wanted to use my PC for a few work related projects and it cost me pretty much nothing.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It is fanmade, but here is a collection of gameplay footage with the Fury Road soundtrack (Brothers in Arms) over the top, it sets the mood very nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RuVOr2owYQ

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

TotalHell posted:

Degree of customization will be really important for me with this game. They've shown, what, 3 vehicle bodies you can use? I realize there's a bunch of customization on those, but I hope there's more than just those three. I know they don't want to show their whole hand on that kind of stuff, so I'm hoping you can find a ton of additional bodies. I'd love to cruise around in something like the Plymouth Rock from Fury Road, or maybe a crazy modified Volkswagen bug.

If nothing else, the customization will be great. Max himself is also customizable, and it's one of those systems where you pick his shirt, pants, gloves, all of that, and everything has differing stats. Apparently you can even pick between clean-shaven, stubble, or scraggled beard growth.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am guessing it will be like shadow of mordor. pretty good gameplay features but meh/ok story. and people will get mad that furiosa isnt in it or something. might be a sleeper hit or a dud.

Still really considering giving it the $35 pre-order chance off of GMG. Last game I took the cheap pre-order risk for was Dying Light and that sucker turned out to be amazing.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

drunkill posted:

It is fanmade, but here is a collection of gameplay footage with the Fury Road soundtrack (Brothers in Arms) over the top, it sets the mood very nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RuVOr2owYQ

If this game offers nothing but decent sandbox drivearound violence, lots of customization, and the ability to wage an insane one-man war against the madness and cruelty of the wastes, I will probably love it. I really hope the soundtrack is anywhere near comparable to the movie's, though. Holy hell what a great soundtrack that movie has.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BexGu posted:

Still really considering giving it the $35 pre-order chance off of GMG. Last game I took the cheap pre-order risk for was Dying Light and that sucker turned out to be amazing.

ehh, do it. its been in development for like 3/4 years. i doubt it will be bad.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

6GB of RAM for minimum seems a little odd to me. :shobon:

I know this sounds a little PC Master Race and/or financially smug of me but when the PS4 and Xbone have 8GB of RAM I don't think its unreasonable to expect a PC to have the same.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

VolticSurge posted:

It's almost like Avalanche realized the game is a steaming shitpile,and is trying to cover-up that fact. And if it actually turns out to be good,I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I don't think Avalanche would be the one getting to decide the advertising budget or when it goes up on steam. I'm guessing WB will probably step up the advertising a little closer to release.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

BexGu posted:

Heads up, game is 30AUD (or 22.70USD) at ozgameshop, much better than greenmangaming deal, although I don't know if it comes with the preorder car, I presume it does.

Steam key version, decent retailer:
http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/mad-max-pc-cd-key-download-for-steam

I bought it this evening after looking at gmg and amazon (not up for sale yet there)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

drunkill posted:

Heads up, game is 30AUD (or 22.70USD) at ozgameshop, much better than greenmangaming deal, although I don't know if it comes with the preorder car, I presume it does.

Steam key version, decent retailer:
http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/mad-max-pc-cd-key-download-for-steam

I bought it this evening after looking at gmg and amazon (not up for sale yet there)

How's this work, region wise? Be a bummer to get a region locked Steam key :(

Also, anyone know what DRM this is using? I went looking around and could only find an article from some Avalanche devs talking about invasive DRM is more trouble than it's worth.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its possible it could have Denuvo, but I don't think Avalanche is stupid enough to use that.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Back Hack posted:

There is little difference between the minimum requirements and the recommended requirements, remember that's 660 Titan for the minimum requirement.

What? No

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Capn Beeb posted:

How's this work, region wise? Be a bummer to get a region locked Steam key :(

Also, anyone know what DRM this is using? I went looking around and could only find an article from some Avalanche devs talking about invasive DRM is more trouble than it's worth.

I don't know, it is a store aimed at australians based out of the UK, although they sell physical things all over the world.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Got some footage from Gamescom.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

ShootaBoy posted:

Got some footage from Gamescom.

Is this dude jacked up on coke or what

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Not the worst way to mix up climbing the radio tower to scout the horizon. Combat doesn't look too bad if they have a few more toys like the explosive spears.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
looks good to me!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TescoBag posted:

I need to try this game. I saw it when it originally came out and thought it looked great.

Don't loving bother, that game's premise is a pack of lies, it's just bad platforming and worse combat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Lurdiak posted:

Don't loving bother, that game's premise is a pack of lies, it's just bad platforming and worse combat.

Doesnt it have a realy awful grip meter for climbing stuff.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

And also one of gaming's dumbest endings. I Am Alive is a game that I should have absolutely loved, had it not done absolutely everything just wrong enough to ruin it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The Gamescom demo for this looked really, really good. IGN has it up on their main page if you want to see it. All gameplay.

It's pretty much that Shadows of Modor game with Mad Max right down to a big sprawling map with factions and little events and stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Firstborn posted:

The Gamescom demo for this looked really, really good. IGN has it up on their main page if you want to see it. All gameplay.

It's pretty much that Shadows of Modor game with Mad Max right down to a big sprawling map with factions and little events and stuff.

did they put a nemesis system in?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe it's just me but the popin for stuff on the ground is embarrassing. it's a desert of nothing yet poo poo is just constantly popping up as you drive

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I already bought MGSV but now green man gaming is offering me Mad Max for £18, got a decision to make.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

MinibarMatchman posted:

maybe it's just me but the popin for stuff on the ground is embarrassing. it's a desert of nothing yet poo poo is just constantly popping up as you drive

I guess I'm getting old because I didn't notice or give a poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Firstborn posted:

back in my day poo poo didn't pop in until you were 2 minutes past it. (my day is today and that game is dragon's dogma for 360)

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Well,well-color me impressed! Other than the pop-in,game actually looks really good. Dunno why they seemed so afraid of showing actual gameplay until now.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm down for car customization and I wish there was a multiplayer mode.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

VolticSurge posted:

Well,well-color me impressed! Other than the pop-in,game actually looks really good. Dunno why they seemed so afraid of showing actual gameplay until now.

Again they probably got shafted by WB's shift into complete damage control over Arkham Knight. The material's there and they probably have enough commercials in place to advertise their game, but the blitz that could have been was probably hosed over by WB rushing to fix AK's PC version as Batman is the bigger video game franchise right now.

But maybe that was for the best as thankfully there isn't so much preorder DLC that you need a list to figure out what you get if you get it full price.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 8, 2015

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Firstborn posted:

same

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah, I never noticed any pop in.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I guess my pessimism is in the toilet level now after wb hosed arkham knight and the ubisoft style stuff they've shown. I want to be totally wrong because i'd love something better than what Rage offered with the batman combat and exploding cars.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

After watching that trailer I'm actually more excited for the combat than the driving. Looks quite varied and if it flows as well as Arkham combat it will be amazing.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The punching has a nice crunch to it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Watched the Gamescom video; Shadow of Mordor with cars seems like a great idea on the surface, but the Nemesis system was so central to SoM being more than just a bad Batman knock-off that I don't know if it'll pan out after more than a few hours.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

That car customization, I've always wanted a post-apoc game where you basically cobble together a car from salvage and scrap. Game better be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
If Scrotus and the Wasteland itself are worthy enemies than we won't really need a nemesis system. It's probably more fair to say its Just Cause but with resource management than outright Batman or Mordor. Nemesis was basically just a filler that didn't mean poo poo if you were good enough kill any Orc you went up against. If the game's fun enough in loving around and exploring, the story can just be building up your car until you're ready to murder Scrotus.

• Locked thread