Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Um...Krinkle I think you threw everyone off when you mentioned "Forager's", since that was, before Heavensward, the most advanced Gathering equipment one could make, and massive overkill for a post-Heavensward new 50. Since you mention "the other 50 chest pieces" like the Weaver's coattail, I can only assume the piece of equipment you had in mind to make was actually the Botanist's Doublet, the starting-grade gear for a new level 50 Botanist.

...Which is a Leatherworking recipe. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Oh that makes sense. I'm sad it's leatherworking but that makes sense.

What is precise touch? If I already have inner quiet, it is literally basic touch. Same fail rate, same progression, but you can only use it when it's good/exellent. Why does this skill exist? I don't get it. I don't get why you would ever use this skill.
e: Oh, it ALSO raises it by 1. So it raises inner quiet by 2. Why didn't it say it raised it by two?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 8, 2015

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Krinkle posted:

What is precise touch? If I already have inner quiet, it is literally basic touch. Same fail rate, same progression, but you can only use it when it's good/exellent. Why does this skill exist? I don't get it. I don't get why you would ever use this skill.

It gives 2 stacks of IQ instead of 1

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

So Heavensward is $30 on GreenManGaming this weekend. I got a mail from Square back before the expansion launched saying that since I had a Steam version of the base game I needed a Steam version of the expansion. The GMG page also says that. Does that mean that the Mog Station will completely reject an expansion code from a non-Steam store on a service account flagged as Steam?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Miley Virus posted:

So Heavensward is $30 on GreenManGaming this weekend. I got a mail from Square back before the expansion launched saying that since I had a Steam version of the base game I needed a Steam version of the expansion. The GMG page also says that. Does that mean that the Mog Station will completely reject an expansion code from a non-Steam store on a service account flagged as Steam?

That is exactly what it means.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

aegof posted:

That is exactly what it means.

Christ, why would Square do that? I kind of interpreted it as a weird way of wording that you couldn't activate the codes in Steam itself, but that's kind of an insane way of dealing with things.

e: I imagine that I could yell at customer support a bunch to get the key exchanged for one that'd work on my account but I get the feeling that Square-Enix customer support isn't great to deal with.

Miley Virus fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 8, 2015

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Miley Virus posted:

Christ, why would Square do that? I kind of interpreted it as a weird way of wording that you couldn't activate the codes in Steam itself, but that's kind of an insane way of dealing with things.

e: I imagine that I could yell at customer support a bunch to get the key exchanged for one that'd work on my account but I get the feeling that Square-Enix customer support isn't great to deal with.

I'm pretty sure they will not exchange a code for a steam one. I have never heard of it happening.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Miley Virus posted:

Because if its activated through steam gaben gets a cut.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Ignimbrite posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha I knew that was <ZEON> before I even checked the company profile when that happened

it happened again today and some people didn't like what it did to their names

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Krinkle posted:

Then you show up on your roulette and Esc out of every cutscene and the guy complaining "I have no idea where to go" brings a smile to your face. Enjoy the cutscenes, guy. Three more coming up.

There's no need to Esc out of cutscenes though, you can set it from the options so that it automatically skips everything you've seen.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Is there any option to avoid skills (foresight to be more precise) from "un-targeting" and targeting myself? Its pretty annoying.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Worth a fantasia

A dark lala picture. You're a natural.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Splitting people up by GC for PVP might be dumb, but nothing beats the feeling of finding someone you know in Seal Rock and putting them in the ground. Especially when he's your FC leader.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Just hit 60 on BLM. Anyone got any tips for newbie's first rotation? I assume it's something like Fire 3 > Enochian > spam Fire 4 until OOM > Blizzard 3 > maybe a Blizzard 4, but probably a Thunder? > repeat?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/254670-Idea-Race-Allagan

Another stupid thread from this idiot.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Just hit 60 on BLM. Anyone got any tips for newbie's first rotation? I assume it's something like Fire 3 > Enochian > spam Fire 4 until OOM > Blizzard 3 > maybe a Blizzard 4, but probably a Thunder? > repeat?

Lots of good info here

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Anti-Hero {} Roleplayer {} Professional Princess Saver {} PvPvEr

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Goddamn getting weaver up past 50 is a huge loving money sink. I literally do not see a step I can take besides grinding twinthreads and then buying the next level set of gear for a billion goddamn dollars.

I need a hundred more control before I can do anything, and seventy craftsmanship. I certainly can't make whatever bullshit brocade to get that book, or even anything from the first book I made.

If you're on Cactuar look up Nurru Seivarl. I can help you with getting the gear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Krinkle posted:

e: Oh, it ALSO raises it by 1. So it raises inner quiet by 2. Why didn't it say it raised it by two?

Inner quiet stacks combined with the level 50 carpenter skill Byregot's Blessing are the easiest way to HQ almost any recipe. From the sounds of your posts, you only have weaver at 50 and you're trying to do high level crafts. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but without the various cross class skills you're in for some frustration. At a minimum you need to take the rest of the crafting classes to 15, culinarian to 37, and carpenter to 50. The level 37 cul skill is steady hand II. It gives you an extra 30% chance of success for 25 cp (+20% for 22cp for regular steady hand. The level 15 cul skill is hasty touch. It's a free boost to quality but only has a 50% chance of success. Combine with SH II to build most your inner quiet stacks.

Byregot's Blessing from carpenter is a quality increasing skill. You get 100% plus 20% per inner quiet stack you have. Build up 11-12 stacks of inner quiet with hasty touch and precise touch and then hit BB after a great strides to HQ nearly everything.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Does it matter which grand company you pick I was just gonna pick the one with the snakes since my character is from tree land

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ArtIsResistance posted:

Does it matter which grand company you pick I was just gonna pick the one with the snakes since my character is from tree land

If you're in the same Grand Company as your free company, you can brand certain items with your free company's logo. Certain Grand Companies have shorter queue times for PVP, if you care about that. Otherwise, no.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's nothing wrong with Adders except they are the lamest and have the stupidest looking cosmetic gear.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Vermain posted:

If you're in the same Grand Company as your free company, you can brand certain items with your free company's logo. Certain Grand Companies have shorter queue times for PVP, if you care about that. Otherwise, no.

Which GC is best for PVP then? I'm on Cactuar if that matters

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ArtIsResistance posted:

Varies from data center to data center. I've heard talk that Adders is pretty bad on Aether (where Cactuar is located), but I can't say from personal experience or anything. In general, since the PVP is 3-way, you should expect to win about 33.3%~ of the time, unless you're exceptionally good at wrangling people.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Eej posted:

There's nothing wrong with Adders except they are the lamest and have the stupidest looking cosmetic gear.
Except that they are the source of the ONLY PAIR OF KNEESOCKS IN THE ENTIRE GAME

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Vermain posted:

If you're in the same Grand Company as your free company, you can brand certain items with your free company's logo.

That's not true, you can be in any grand company and get FC crests. You just have to go to whichever grand company headquarters your FC is with to do it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ilifinicus posted:

Except that they are the source of the ONLY PAIR OF KNEESOCKS IN THE ENTIRE GAME

Oh is that where they are? Maybe i'll switch.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Vahalla posted:

Also people who have characters with Heterochromia are bad and should feel bad. The special snowflake syndrome is tooooo much.

Late to the party on this, but...

If you made a Mi'qote in 1.0 I believe the default choice was to have Heterochromia, and it even commented in the lore how it was a sign in Mi'qote culture of a person marked for a great destiny.

Naturally, as the Warrior of Light you had Heterochromia. Can't speak for the other races cause, why would you play anything else?

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Vermain posted:

You don't actually have to be the same Grand Company as your Free Company for this, you just need to report to the appropriate NPC at your Free Company's Grand Company. So if you're in PBC or DGKK I believe you need to report to an NPC in Ul'dah, if you're in TPT you need to report an NPC in Limsa. If you're not in those three FCs on Excalibur you can just check which GC to go to by opening the FC window, it says right near the top which one your FC belongs to.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The blm rotation is super easy now. fire3>fire4x3>bliz3>bliz4.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Post-50 crafting sounds like a loving nightmare as someone who never bothered going past 2 star stuff. I'm so goddamn glad they don't make you level past 50 to repair expansion gear or level desynth.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Once you get past the 50-51 hump, you're in for a good time.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Post-50 crafting sounds like a loving nightmare as someone who never bothered going past 2 star stuff. I'm so goddamn glad they don't make you level past 50 to repair expansion gear or level desynth.

The big humps are 50-51 and the initial gil outlay for gearing up for 2*

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Do I need to learn desynthesis for every crafting class or do I have to have 30 in that class before it de-shades out and becomes an option? I was planning on grinding by making and breaking these items and now I just gotta sell them back.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Do I need to learn desynthesis for every crafting class or do I have to have 30 in that class before it de-shades out and becomes an option? I was planning on grinding by making and breaking these items and now I just gotta sell them back.

You're going to lose a lot more money leveling desynthesis than you'll ever make using desynth on items you make.

If you want to level from 51+ you should do daily turn-ins if they're starred (sometimes if they're not), leves, and crafting items you can sell to other crafters leveling 51+.

nuru fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 8, 2015

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

When they raised the desynth cap, did they also do away with the point limit?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Krinkle posted:

You have to be level 30 before you can desynth, but you can only max if out in three classes, unless they changed it recently. There's really no big reason to do so unless you want demimateria or a particular bathing suit.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

Flames is the best on Aether (and currently have 10-30m queue times). Pubbies on Adders and Storm are both incredibly dumb but adders has a lot of premades so sometimes we win. Adders queue times are at most 5 min. No idea for storm. Queue times are for Seize though, the level 60 PVP, other modes will be longer for all GCs.

Edit: also it's only frontlines (8v8v8 up to 24v24v24, unlocks at 50) that is GC restricted. Wolves' Den is not (4v4, unlocks at 30).

bleuraindrops fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 8, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

bleuraindrops posted:

Flames is the best on Aether (and currently have 10-30m queue times). Pubbies on Adders and Storm are both incredibly dumb but adders has a lot of premades so sometimes we win. Adders queue times are at most 5 min. No idea for storm. Queue times are for Seize though, the level 60 PVP, other modes will be longer for all GCs.

Edit: also it's only frontlines (8v8v8 up to 24v24v24, unlocks at 50) that is GC restricted. Wolves' Den is not (4v4, unlocks at 30).

Adders motto on Aether is "...at least we tried." If you like second place, Adders is the GC for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Aether Adder are good at doing exactly one thing: Latching on to one of the two other PvP factions, forcing them to take third place and giving the win to the one they ignore. Unfortunately, they're really good at it, so they don't see a need to change things up.

• Locked thread