Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Man, imagine if he follows Bonds' career path :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

CCKeane posted:

The book is that much better?

I mean it's kind of unfair, books are better most of the time, but by comparison De Niro's and Tucker's characters are hilariously awful in the movie.

Also I did not like Bradley Cooper as Pat at all. Just didn't portray the character I saw him as at all.

Jennifer Lawrence is pretty good though.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i don't like the premise

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 27, 2020

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

I really enjoyed Silver Linings Playbook, for what that is worth.

And it is worth a lot because I have good opinions.

silver linings playbook is 1/2 a good premise, then the second half of the movie hits and they obviously ran out of ideas on how to finish the movie as it's completely formulaic and uninspired.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Why does Maine hate him?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

this movie is hitting too close to home.

sorry not sorry

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I missed the debate yesterday but I watched a recording today

Trudeau's "Nobody believes you, Mr. Harper" was the most punchy moment but it was pretty shallow all things considered. May kicked a lot of rear end and had the most like, actual debating, but that doesn't really make a difference to the big picture.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Trudeau's "Nobody believes you, Mr. Harper" was the most punchy moment but it was pretty shallow all things considered. May kicked a lot of rear end and had the most like, actual debating, but that doesn't really make a difference to the big picture.

a friend made this

https://twitter.com/elxn42debatebot

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

There was another debate????

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

There was another debate????

the canadian debate :D

it was a master-class in subterfuge by our current prime minister and there was a real underdog victory for a leader whose party has ~5% of the vote but she showed up everyone else

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I accidently read an article about it by Ezra Levant and now I want to punch everything.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

wins32767 posted:

Soooo, as many of you know my work schedule is erratic and quite intense. I'd like to play mafia, but my level of availability varies wildly week to week. However, I have just the solution to my ills. One of you awesome folks should run a WWE themed tag team royal rumble game. It would be the greatest thing ever and make this poor old man happy.

What say you?

Anything for Warren G. Harding.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Magnus Gallant posted:

It's same idea as antibiotics being used improperly leads to a supervirus being created.

Yes.

People need to stop asking for antibiotics for viral illnesses, multi-drug resistant S. aureus, Enterococci, and other microbes are huge healthcare issues. And doctors pussy out when patients ask for oxacillin and give it to them, and the cycle continues.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Magnus Gallant posted:

Like I said it was a net positive in the short term but a negative in the long term. I also think that humans in general need to slow our roll with regards to increasing the population on the planet.

Step one, the pope can sign off on birth control. Seriously you nutbags, wrap it before you tap it.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

luckily I am training to be a ghostbuster. :clint:

hey fair mafia thread guess what night it is?

why, it's "ecco's roommate is out at her not-boyfriend's place (they got back together!) (I hate it!) (sorta but actually!) and ecco wants to watch a movie (to fill the cripping loneliness in their soul)" night!

Rules: must be on Netflix. Ideally a movie. "Funny with an emotional core" and "I haven't seen it yet" are my two criteria. My roommate suggested Bridesmaids which is in the lead.

Gimme suggestions!

Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

Deathrace 2000.

TV show called Longmire.

Or just read a book

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Ixtlilton posted:

Why does Maine hate him?

Wait where does it say that? I am indifferent to him, but hate is a strong word.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Ecco just watch all the James Bond movies in order, that'll keep you entertained for awhile.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah May owned. It's great to have someone who doesn't give a gently caress in the mix now that Duceppe isn't participating in the english debates anymore (this was the first federal debate without him since 1993!)

I thought nobody hurt themselves or gave real ammo to their competitors but then the CPC put out this ad and welp :rip:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

that movie gave me proxy anxiety. I apologize Asiina for doubting your judgement.

Yeah I am actually incapable of watching that movie. It gives me so much anxiety.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dbz battle of the gods was pretty good

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I have been wrestling with getting a content aggregator website working to create a start page hub for my AP Music Theory class next year because it is 2008 and RSS aggregates are still relevant in education.

In spite of it being an exercise in frustration to get this NetVibes webpage to work it's turning out ok. Now I just need to figure out how to use every website I've attached to it and display my assignment calendar on it and I'll be a happy person.

21st century teaching~

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Wait where does it say that? I am indifferent to him, but hate is a strong word.

If you look at the poll results Maine has by far the lowest votes in his favor, by like 20%.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

I have been wrestling with getting a content aggregator website working to create a start page hub for my AP Music Theory class next year because it is 2008 and RSS aggregates are still relevant in education.

In spite of it being an exercise in frustration to get this NetVibes webpage to work it's turning out ok. Now I just need to figure out how to use every website I've attached to it and display my assignment calendar on it and I'll be a happy person.

21st century teaching~

Use Feedly to aggregate them all, use IFTTT.com to send it in an e-mail digest to students or use IFTTT to reblog it or whatever. Bonus: Feedly will estimate how many 'articles' you'll end up talking about per week so you can give your students the same rough estimate.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I missed Duceppe tbh

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ernie. posted:

Use Feedly to aggregate them all, use IFTTT.com to send it in an e-mail digest to students or use IFTTT to reblog it or whatever. Bonus: Feedly will estimate how many 'articles' you'll end up talking about per week so you can give your students the same rough estimate.

IFTTT looks like it would really help me automate stuff but unfortunately my school's gradebook suite doesn't connect with anything as far as I can tell. I would love to be able to post an assignment and have it show up on a calendar or list without having to do both. There is an RSS feature for my personal calendar on my home website at the school but for whatever reason assignments don't show up there which makes it pretty useless.

Currently I have the Wiki we'll be using, the current Prezi lesson (which is basically our text book this year because the text we have is garbage), and a pinboard where they can post questions they are confused about all embedded in my NetVibes page. I'm just trying to figure out where to go next.

I don't think Feedly is going to do quite what I want but I'll look into it?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The year is 2015, and I just realised in the shower that in Veronica Mars, Cassidy Casablancas was nicknamed Beaver because his older brother was Dick.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ernie. posted:

I believe you have to pay for feedly pro to use it with IFTTT

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Pinterest Mom posted:

The year is 2015, and I just realised in the shower that in Veronica Mars, Cassidy Casablancas was nicknamed Beaver because his older brother was Dick.

Nice.

Also Veronica Mars is still great.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i got a libary card i am on libary computer internet hi

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

hi capps how's it going

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there is a joke book here with sections on negro jokes and negro dialects

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

what year was it published?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

mr.capps posted:

there is a joke book here with sections on negro jokes and negro dialects

Hilariously offensive.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't have it with me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi capps why don't you have internet did Marlene kick you out?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

I believe you have to pay for feedly pro to use it with IFTTT

i don't.

Quidnose posted:

IFTTT looks like it would really help me automate stuff but unfortunately my school's gradebook suite doesn't connect with anything as far as I can tell. I would love to be able to post an assignment and have it show up on a calendar or list without having to do both. There is an RSS feature for my personal calendar on my home website at the school but for whatever reason assignments don't show up there which makes it pretty useless.

Currently I have the Wiki we'll be using, the current Prezi lesson (which is basically our text book this year because the text we have is garbage), and a pinboard where they can post questions they are confused about all embedded in my NetVibes page. I'm just trying to figure out where to go next.

I don't think Feedly is going to do quite what I want but I'll look into it?

ifttt connects to e-mails, if your students have e-mails. it connects to twitter and facebook if they want to follow up like that. it connects to wordpress if you want to run your own website etc. but i don't quite 'get' 100% what you want to do so maybe i'll stop suggesting something you say isn't what you want. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ernie. posted:

i don't.