Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Red Gobbo to officiate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbo
May 29, 2014
"...and that, darling, was how I got into another internet message board marriage."

This will actually be tons of fun. I'm just trying to figure out a suitablly punny Orks & Vietnam name.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Good Morking Vietnam

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Humies don't surf

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Full Metal Gob

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Platork

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Orkpocalypse Now

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Waaaaagh-pokalips Now or WaaaaghOrkylips Now

Kolonel Kilgore (naturally)
Kolonel Kutz

Also: Squigburger Hill, Full Iron Gob

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 7, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Recast the Grot revolutionary committee as anti war protesters.

Merry Gretchin (War is over)

Spored on the Fourth of July

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

goatface posted:

Spored on the Fourth of July

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Ho Chi Minh Waaaaaagh!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

drat... Now I wish I lived nearer to London :(

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Grobbo did you get my PM? I'm not sure if the Awful app tells you if a recipient can't receive them or something.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I think this might be the most appropriate thread to ask, but does anyone know of any LotR resources? I'd like to pick up a few models before they disappear but not sure how many models a game requires, etc.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Besides this? Don't know. The book advises starting with 6 doods on each side for training and doesn't go on to recommend army point values.
Really strange for GW, probably the reason why they didn't market the "collect what you want, we don't care/it's mostly a scenario game"... game.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Well the actual Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game is heavily scenario based so I guess pick a bit of the story you like and try and grab those models. From my experience there is heap of second hand stuff on eBay, typically the Moria starter.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cool, that actually makes it a lot easier, though not so much on my wallet. I think I'll need to find a copy of the book(s) somewhere then first.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

ijyt posted:

Cool, that actually makes it a lot easier, though not so much on my wallet. I think I'll need to find a copy of the book(s) somewhere then first.

I heard that the minis are smaller than 40K. Good thing, it saves me from buying used to convert into Guardsmen.

Some sweet rear end minis, too.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

JcDent posted:

Good thing, it saves me from buying used to convert into Guardsmen.

Unless you want guardsmen who stand shorter than Spacemarines...

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent posted:

I heard that the minis are smaller than 40K. Good thing, it saves me from buying used to convert into Guardsmen.

Some sweet rear end minis, too.

They're more of a "true" 25-28mm scale while Warhammer is more a 28-32mm scale with "heroic" proportions.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh boy, easier to paint minis too? What didn't I get into LotR sooner.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

SRM posted:

They're more of a "true" 25-28mm scale while Warhammer is more a 28-32mm scale with "heroic" proportions.

Guardsmen will take anything really, but...

moths posted:

Unless you want guardsmen who stand shorter than Spacemarines...

Wouldn't look good near GW guardsmen, but you raise a good grog point that I've never thought about myself. Those Khandians and Easterlings (forgive me, I'm not that much of a LOTR nerd) look really wicked cool.

ijyt posted:

Oh boy, easier to paint minis too? What didn't I get into LotR sooner.

Why didn't we all...

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

New Mordheim warband (in beta form) from the designer. Looks a little rules intensive but cool that it is still getting unofficial support.

https://www.facebook.com/DesignbyTuomasPirinen/posts/1630030103912081:0

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

What's the story behind these guys? And I'm stoked that I finally have a reason to paint Veapero's Vendetta.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

Fluff is coming according to comments in the thread.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

If any of you are shopping for Epic IG stuff, this guy is selling. That tiny stuff is a little expensive for me.

By the by, how big (in metric) are Epic Russes?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

JcDent posted:

If any of you are shopping for Epic IG stuff, this guy is selling. That tiny stuff is a little expensive for me.

Off the top of my head (I don't have any to hand, sold mine ages back), somewhere between 2.5 - 3cm long for the hull. I seem to remember they fit on the small FoW bases quite nicely.

edit: that's what I get for phone phosting, 'Off' and 'bars'.. durr

enri fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 11, 2015

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JcDent posted:

From tip of cannon to end of track, an Epic: Armageddon era Russ is 31mm. With a Vanquisher, it's about 38mm.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Thank you, lot.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I know this is a real longshot, but I was wondering if anyone has two spare Mordheim windows:

For some reason, I'm missing both of them, and it's really annoying that I have no clue as to where they might have gone. I'll of course pay shipping and for the bits.

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.

berzerkmonkey posted:

I know this is a real longshot, but I was wondering if anyone has two spare Mordheim windows:

For some reason, I'm missing both of them, and it's really annoying that I have no clue as to where they might have gone. I'll of course pay shipping and for the bits.

I have some nice resin window boxes that look similar to that but are not identical. See photo below for what they look like. If they're good enough for your needs I can drop 2 in the mail.

https://flic.kr/p/xk56Lb
Phone posting and can't get /img to work.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I'll certainly keep it in mind - I've still got feelers out, so I want to hear if anyone local has anything. Thanks!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The guy making Chapter Master apparently got a C&D on circumstances that might have been forum drama-y.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I dug out my 40k stuff to sell and found these guys, which I have no memory of ever buying:

This is Necromunda stuff, right?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Yes. Most are Delaques, plus 2 Arbites in the lower right, and the dudes with cheek-guards who seem to be Cawdor juves.

VVV: gently caress :doh: Yes, Delaques not Orlocks.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 19, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're Delaques in the greatcoats aren't they?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Pierzak posted:

Yes. Most are Delaques, plus 2 Arbites in the lower right, and the dudes with cheek-guards who seem to be Cawdor juves.

VVV: gently caress :doh: Yes, Delaques not Orlocks.

Cool!

What should I do with them? I never played Necromunda but it seemed like it was the game I wanted 40k to be. I assume I bought the minis on ebay or something as I was playing 40k around 03-04 and I don't think the game was active then. No idea why I bought the juves from a different gang, maybe it was a lot or I just didn't know any better. Are these guys worth anything or should I just stick them in a drawer incase I end up in 80's England somehow?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Find a group to play it with. You'll love it.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

bunnielab posted:

Cool!

What should I do with them? I never played Necromunda but it seemed like it was the game I wanted 40k to be. I assume I bought the minis on ebay or something as I was playing 40k around 03-04 and I don't think the game was active then. No idea why I bought the juves from a different gang, maybe it was a lot or I just didn't know any better. Are these guys worth anything or should I just stick them in a drawer incase I end up in 80's England somehow?

There were two sets of rules released by GW, once in the 90's (Original Rulebook) and once in the early 00's (Living Rulebook). YakTribe is still balancing and updating something called Necromunda Community Edition. It's an edited version of the 00' book but brings back some stuff from the original 90's game (I think).

There's a ton of other stuff out there, and free PDFs for almost all of it exist somewhere in the YakTribe vaults. New gangs, scenarios based on The Predator/Total Recall, different campaign rules, etc. It's a fantastic setting.

I love everything about the game but I've never played it. Going to try my hand at creating some terrain before I spend any money on models.

edit: If you don't have any interest in playing the game right now, original models are listing on Ebay for $12-20 each. Sell 'em now and buy cheaper (arguably BETTER) plastic kits from other companies later on if you get the urge to play.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

ineptmule posted:

Find a group to play it with. You'll love it.

I know I would, but my work schedule is erratic and unless any of you all are in the MD/DC area, I don't think I have any means of finding a group. I wish I had gotten into it when I was younger, I worked in a theatrical scenic shop and could have build a table full of terrain in an afternoon of work.

Victor Vermis posted:

edit: If you don't have any interest in playing the game right now, original models are listing on Ebay for $12-20 each. Sell 'em now and buy cheaper (arguably BETTER) plastic kits from other companies later on if you get the urge to play.

Yikes! Even at the low end of that I would rather have the ~$180 and take your advice if I ever found an opportunity to play. I assume it is better to sell them individually?

• Locked thread