Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If anyone's looking for a brand cheat-sheat, http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Brands has a nice table with pictures in easily-printable format.

What are the odds of the strong ability? I've seen anywhere from 30% to 80% in various places. With 13 sub-abilities and the strategy guide saying 5x chance, I'd assume it was 5/17 or about a 30% chance, but confirmation is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Well I just relearned how to use the Splattershot Jr. to keep using that Aloha shirt. Carbon Rollers seem a lot harder to take down now.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ssjr vs the quicker rollers usually just comes down to who spots who first, since they share an optimal range. Unfortunately, rollers have the advantage of not really having to aim.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Alright, fess up, which one of you is this:

Was going through looking at miiverse stuff and loving lost it.

EDIT: Wow, miiverse image quality is poo poo. It's a Kelly parody in the image.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Heh, I saw that before I left for work. Genius stuff.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just had 3 straight mallow v. mallow matches. I think we got this one.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Splatfest time! Already I regret joining Team Marshy simply because finding matches is taking forever. Hotdogs teams are not very common.

Also its really confusing me that the pink ink is for my team and not the hotdogs.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What are the stages?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Just had 3 straight mallow v. mallow matches. I think we got this one.

I'm extremely good at picking the losing team because I'm out of touch with today's youth

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What are the stages?

Blackbelly Skatepark, Camp Triggerfish & Moray Towers.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

What exactly is happening? This is my first splatfest so I'm a bit confused.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The amount of points scored by a roller needs to be increased. its kind of bullshit i can cover twice as much as an aerospray and only get half the points.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Aerosprays cover turf a lot faster than rollers so they're probably covering more turf than you

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

arcsig posted:

Tuck your tentacles and go!

Are the torches in Camp Triggerfish lit?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

arcsig posted:

you pick a side, and then you play turfwar and level up. after 24 hours, the sides get scored based on popularity and win rate.

gain levels to get more sea shells. side with highest score wins and gets more shells.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

arcsig posted:

You pick a team, and will be matched against people who chose the other side in Turf Wars battles. You accumulate points in matches as follows:
Inking 200pts of terrain: +1
Inking 400pts of terrain: Another +1
Winning the match: +3

So, a max of 5 points per match. These go towards your Splatfest ranking, which will determine your rewards once the Splatfest is over. You'll get Super Sea Snails, which you can use with Spyke once you hit level 20 to have him add a slot to gear or reroll the sub-slots. They're basically coupons for 30k squidbux. You can get up to 24 of them if you're on the winning Splatfest team, and 18 if you're on the losing team.

Splatfest scoring is calculated by adding the popularity difference between teams (how many people chose that side) to the difference between win rates. Win rates are weighted more heavily, worth 4x as much as of the most recent patch.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Cannot win a single match on this version of Camp Triggerfish when I use my preferred weapon, the Dual Squelcher.

What is the secret to Camp Triggerfish.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

FAT BATMAN posted:

Cannot win a single match on this version of Camp Triggerfish when I use my preferred weapon, the Dual Squelcher.

What is the secret to Camp Triggerfish.

Slaying squidmans, which your chosen weapon does not do.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

get on top of the wall on the enemy side and stay there

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
Huh. Did the Skatepark always have fireworks firing in the background or city lights?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I am getting matched up with the biggest loving noobs tonight holy poo poo

How did people manage to reach level 20 and still be this bad at this game

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

LethalGeek posted:

Perseverance.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So yeah I think this is gonna be a huge win for Hotdogs due to the 4x weighting on victories. Marshmallows seem way more popular, which means all the little kids are on your side, which means you're only gonna win matches if you're really good at carrying squiddos. Only won like two out of 6 and my brother hasn't won a single one.

Also gently caress I really liked triggerfish in ranked but in turf war the layout of the map confuses me so much.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

So yeah I think this is gonna be a huge win for Hotdogs due to the 4x weighting on victories. Marshmallows seem way more popular, which means all the little kids are on your side, which means you're only gonna win matches if you're really good at carrying squiddos. Only won like two out of 6 and my brother hasn't won a single one.

Also gently caress I really liked triggerfish in ranked but in turf war the layout of the map confuses me so much.

I'm 7 for 10 so far, 6 for 8 discounting mallow/mallow fights, so I'm picking up your slack. Add me to the list of folks stumped at Triggerfish, though.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

sometimes I am amazing and get 10/1 k/d and cover half the map by myself, othertimes youd think i had jsut crawled out of a cave and touched a gamepad for the first time. And i never know what I did differently.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I can go all around Triggerfish with a Splattershot Jr. and never even seen the other team

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Har Har i'm the only one on my team a lot of games actually managing to get splats. Which is moot when they're dead constantly cause I can't out turf 3 alive people

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Are the torches in Camp Triggerfish lit?

They are.

Also, what is going on with Team Marshmallow tonight? I am not a master at the game by any means and despite that have yet to lose a match almost halfway through Hot Dog Defender rank.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Trash Boat posted:

They are.

Also, what is going on with Team Marshmallow tonight? I am not a master at the game by any means and despite that have yet to lose a match almost halfway through Hot Dog Defender rank.

As someone said there's a lot of kids on Marshmallow. Getting 10+ kills and covering half the map isn't enough to carry 3 others in this game.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It's no better in hot dog land i'm having the same problem

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I have no idea where you guys are getting the "Marshmellow has all the bad players" idea because I am Team Hot Dog and I've won like 2 matches out of the 12 I've played so far

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
So the other night I was playing a ranked battle with some people and we wound up playing 4 vs. 3 for one game-- but apparently when you do that, there's a generic 'player' squid that shows up in the rankings at the end of the game with 0 points despite not having been in the match.

And then I found that squid in my plaza!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Marshmallow Unite

Just got to Defender

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just got mallow defender and I've fought Team Hotdog only once.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Manoueverable posted:

I have no idea where you guys are getting the "Marshmellow has all the bad players" idea because I am Team Hot Dog and I've won like 2 matches out of the 12 I've played so far

Just had another match where I had 9 splats 1 deaths. Teammates as followed had 1/6 0/11 0/5. I was alone the entire time and my 1 death came from me turning into a kraken and chokeslamming someone who thought I wouldn't dive into the ocean in a fit of frustration to kill them.

arcsig
May 29, 2015

Just hit Marshmallow Defender and I think I've only lost one or two games. I've also been mostly fighting Hot Dog teams. I don't know if I'm just getting lucky or what.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

So the other night I was playing a ranked battle with some people and we wound up playing 4 vs. 3 for one game-- but apparently when you do that, there's a generic 'player' squid that shows up in the rankings at the end of the game with 0 points despite not having been in the match.

Fun how no head gear, gym shorts and under armour still gave you stats. I wonder if they were going to pull a Xenoblade chronicles with the no armor thing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

In stead of deriding them for not teaming up with you, have you tried teaming up with them? Most of my big pushes come from a pair of us tackling guys who fall back alone to defend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Parasol Prophet posted:

Tell me you ordered them

• Locked thread