Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

ilkhan posted:

bought a shirt.
Wearing a blipshift shirt right now, actually. Which I do on most Fridays.

Also...TGIF.

I have enough blipshifts that I can wear them every day of the week at work. Which I do quite regularly. It also appears that I have no shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I have enough blipshifts that I can wear them every day of the week at work. Which I do quite regularly. It also appears that I have no shame.

loving saaaame, I think my non-work shirt collection is almost entirely blipshift at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My Not-Stepfather just got rushed to the ER. This day can eat my rear end.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I've got notifications for....3 (I think 3) shirts if they ever come back. But only 1 of these sale designs worked for me.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

ilkhan posted:

bought a shirt.
Wearing a blipshift shirt right now, actually. Which I do on most Fridays.

Also...TGIF.

I was wearing one when I did the track day thing with the SLS AMG. When the instructor who was going to be riding with me saw it he said "I get a little nervous every time I see someone with a Blipshift shirt." I just bought some more.

I got my first apartment! I was in New Hampshire the last few says looking at them. It wasn't too difficult, the one I ended up picking is owned by someone who recently retired from the department I'm going to be working in. He's not even bothering with a background or credit check. It's not huge but it's enough for me, I'm really excited.

I understand why some people say to avoid Craigslist for apartments. It's not that people are trying to scam or murder you, they just don't respond.

We took my mom's 2.0 EB Escape up. It managed 27mpg up, 23 driving around the area, and nearly 29 back down. I was seeing if premium made a difference and it seemed to, that was all with the A/C on and driving normally, 70-80 on the highway.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
NOT LIKE THIS

sorry for vertical video

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Adiabatic posted:

NOT LIKE THIS

sorry for vertical video

Sorry for private vertical video?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Adiabatic posted:

tl;dr Trump, the guy without the political filter, is the most reasonable, charismatic, and put-together of the GOP candidates.

When a shitbag like Trump is your legit best candidate..... your party is hosed up. And he most certainly IS their best candidate based on last night by some margin.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Sigma X posted:

Sorry for private vertical video?

Ugghhhh this phone I'm old now I guess. Fixed.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Of course my old PM called and wants me back. I told him that I can't quit my new job I just started to work with them again after everything that happened over the past year. Even though it's literally double what my new job pays, I just can't deal with them.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

this was never a for-profit animal prostitution ring type of thing

Say what you will about Vice, but they aren't afraid to dive into the history of the internet

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Decided to tip the pizza dude 50%+ tonight and he stared at the ground while saying thanks and scurried off like he hoped I made a mistake. Didn't expect that from a $16 tip. I was a pizza dude once.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
OH. MY. loving. GOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyzTLzXEcA

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

As I got out of my car, I got accosted by some religious zealot who was going door-to-door trying to convince me that my roof needed to be redone. I said no it's fine (and it clearly is) and he went absolutely apeshit...quoting Bible verses at me, practically shouting that I was a sinner and that the Bible says that the wicked die young - presumably I'm wicked because I was getting out of my BMW. Guy kept going on and on until I angrily shot him a quote back, the one that goes "Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand."

Then I told him to gently caress off.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

MrChips posted:

As I got out of my car, I got accosted by some religious zealot who was going door-to-door trying to convince me that my roof needed to be redone. I said no it's fine (and it clearly is) and he went absolutely apeshit...quoting Bible verses at me, practically shouting that I was a sinner and that the Bible says that the wicked die young - presumably I'm wicked because I was getting out of my BMW. Guy kept going on and on until I angrily shot him a quote back, the one that goes "Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand."

In the teleplay in my head you are Samuel L. Jackson in this scene.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Around 10 years ago I put my car on jack-stands because I was young/dumb, and today I drove it for the first time since then.

I promptly blew the heater-core, the inlet to the mechanical fuel pump fell off, and I chewed up a brand new brake hose I didn't notice was rubbing, but holy poo poo I don't care because it was an amazing feeling to tool around in that old bastard.

Brake & hydraulic store opens at 8am tomorrow.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Tesla posted a video most of you have probably seen showing the prototype of their "metal snake" automatic charge cable plug... thing.

It's much better with the music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyzTLzXEcA

E: aaaand this was posted three posts ago. I tried.

literally a fish fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 8, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

literally a fish posted:

Tesla posted a video most of you have probably seen showing the prototype of their "metal snake" automatic charge cable plug... thing.

It's much better with the music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyzTLzXEcA

Not as good as it was when I saw it three posts up.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Im not gonna post the link cause im a dickhead but RCR just dropped the Tesla review... And Im not sure if I should start hating him or start loving Teslas. But I see them everyday in Madison so they are literally as regular as s550's around here.

Edit:fuckit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJl72jUSY7I

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 8, 2015

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Enourmo posted:

Not as good as it was when I saw it three posts up.

God dammit. How did I miss that? Sorry :v:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MrChips posted:

That might be the guy I bought my kart from.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Happy Friday everyone!

My new car gets into town next week after it's journey across the Atlantic by boat and from Houston by train. Yay!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn I'm about to throw my mom's phone through a wall. Put the stock ROM back on it (though I had to root it to install AdAway), which fixed the issues with the screen randomly not coming on. But I'm trying to restore ColorNote from a Nandroid, and the app just crashes after restoring it using Nandroid Manager. :argh: Helium couldn't restore the data at all, just said it was corrupted (yet I made a 2nd backup with Helium).

She had a ton of stuff in there that, of course, wasn't backed up anywhere except Nandroid. And if I restore the Nandroid backup, that puts her back on a flaky ROM. I've even gone so far as to change it to the previous Android ID.

...... and just as I finish this, I cleared the data for ColorNote again, opened it, went into the settings, and found out it does daily auto backups. Holy poo poo, my rear end has just been pulled out of the fire.

I wish she'd consider the thought of a phone without a physical keyboard. She likes Android, but this phone is really long in the tooth (Samsung SGH-T699 - Relay 4G, doesn't even do LTE). Just got a new battery for it today, so that should at least help with battery life. The only phones out there with a real keyboard are Blackberries, feature phones, and a couple of really lovely low end Androids.

mariooncrack posted:

I can't speak from personal experience but I imagine it's super difficult since you have have to change so much about your life. Realizations like "I can't just have one beer" must be awful. I'm sure the extra $100 must be helpful when it comes to pay your bills and I'm sure the weight loss is helping your diabetes and blood pressure. This is going to be a long process but again, I'm really glad you're doing better. It was hard reading some of those posts you made from the ER.

Those posts were made from the ICU. :colbert: Thank gently caress I was drugged up enough that I really don't remember much of it, though I do remember trying to make it to the bathroom and... my sphincter not agreeing with my timing (specifically, becoming a pressure washer of fecal liquid aimed at the wall, toilet, floor, and my shorts). Goddamn that was a mess.

It's wrecked havoc with my diabetes - I've had one severe sugar crash so far (yesterday), and a few that could have gotten nasty fast if I hadn't caught them in time. My doctor had suggested I reduce to one dose of one of my meds a day; I started that today, we'll see how that goes. I know I can't go without it; I checked my blood sugar several hours after eating today, and it was around 160. It's nothing tweaking some meds can't fix, but my veins runs away screaming and hide behind nerves, tendons, bones, and other guts whenever it's time for a blood draw. And to get an accurate A1c reading, you usually need blood.

My blood pressure has been fantastic, except when I wake up, though my doctor did increase one of the medications (the ace inhibitor - Lisinopril). It's generally low 100s over low 60s, pulse hanging out around 60, except when I first wake up (then it's usually 135-140 over about 80 with a higher pulse, but the BP meds have worn off by then). I really feel like I'm in good enough shape to start jogging again, aside from the :supaburn: heat; gonna have to use some of that money I'm saving to restart my membership at the city rec center, they have an indoor track (with glorious glorious air conditioning).

I just checked the BP; 111/69, 59 pulse.

And yeah, the whole "I just want a couple of cold ones" is the worst part. My dad has been down the alcoholism road, though not as bad as I have (he never quite needed detox, while I've been tossed into the ICU a few times - but he relapsed plenty of times). But just the smell of liquor on a customer makes me almost dry heave now.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

In the past few months I've gone from a sixer or more a night to having a couple of beers on the weekends socially. Throwing all the money I was spending on beer into a new car fund is pretty good motivation :v: I effectively feel like I've given myself a goddamn raise.

So hang in there STR.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jesus loving christ, I just got an email saying one of my claims was finalized, so I looked at my claims with my medical insurance. My PCP billed $450 for an office visit (plus $20 for "labs" - they didn't do any labs on site, they only drew blood) - and got paid $161. Both of those are more that I would pay if I paid cash for a visit at an urgent care clinic. And as it turns out, they weren't supposed to collect a copay, since I'm over my out of pocket limit.

I mean, I know insurance is paying for it, but that's goddamned ridiculous. My old PCP billed $174 per visit, didn't charge an office visit to draw blood (only for the return visit for the results), and got paid $102 per visit. I only switched because (a) I wasn't happy having to drive so far to see my doctor and (b) his staff (hell, even the doctor himself) couldn't find a vein to draw blood from even if you were going for the neck. They were doing some shady double billing on my insurance as well.

The new place I go to is a bit nicer, but not THAT much nicer. The online patient portal is a nice feature, but this is just a random doctor's office in the middle of suburbia.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I should probably be concerned about how often the phrase "burn this motherfucker to the ground" is said by my coworkers when they talk about work. On the bright side, got a face to face interview for a new IT job next week. :toot:

Also in month two of "gently caress everyone on Craigslist" mode. I'm 90% certain people are just leading me on to get my address and hope to steal my jeep top out of the yard or something. They never call me back. Well too bad fuckers. Its in the garage wasting all my storage space!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Great Beer posted:

I should probably be concerned about how often the phrase "burn this motherfucker to the ground" is said by my coworkers when they talk about work.

Perhaps they're fans of the original Harold & Kumar movie?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I can't sleep in. Never have been able to. Typically my weekend mornings are spent watching awful b-movies that I find funny, playing video games, or screwing around on Google Earth.

It seems there was a time in 2007 where a Google driver found the literal end of the road.

By all means this appears to be a logging road and I can only assume the driver was murdered by mountain people shortly after this last photo was taken. NF-319 in Washington, just northwest of Nordman, ID.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Time to black out some fake chrome with PlastiDip.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

A week and a half after my crash and I still have trouble walking. I have a huge fluid buildup on my left hip that moves around like some fleshy waterbed. It's diameter is about basketball sized and it sticks off me like some pouch. It doesn't hurt, it's the back of my pelvis that hurts. I've tried running but only made it five steps. What an awful time to be sober. Coming up on two weeks now :toot:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

some texas redneck posted:

Perhaps they're fans of the original Harold & Kumar movie?

COME ON POOKIE LETS BURN THIS MOTHERFUCKER DOWN

I think I say that at least once a week at my job, your coworkers seem normal to me, Great Beer.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

:stare:

Mooseykins has encountered a problem and needs to restart.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
How do I put this? Ever since I found out that a total dipshit made 10 bucks an hour and did a worse job than I (and had less responsibilities), I've not really enjoyed working this job. Even though that guy has moved on, I'm still not happy about it and am pretty much in an irritated as poo poo mood the whole time I'm here.

Working some bullshit auto parts retail job for an extra 400 bucks a month (and working with no days off) isn't feeling so worth it any more.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

QuarkMartial posted:

How do I put this? Ever since I found out that a total dipshit made 10 bucks an hour and did a worse job than I (and had less responsibilities), I've not really enjoyed working this job. Even though that guy has moved on, I'm still not happy about it and am pretty much in an irritated as poo poo mood the whole time I'm here.

Working some bullshit auto parts retail job for an extra 400 bucks a month (and working with no days off) isn't feeling so worth it any more.

It's a hard thing to do, but at some point in your working life you need to figure out how to measure your pay/value without worrying about what others are making (or at least not letting it bother you too much). Talk to your manager and work together to develop a goal plan for your own work and pay, and then do your best to meet it. If your manager/boss won't work with you, then maybe it's time to move on.

If my job satisfaction was based purely upon how much money I made vs. others at my company who do lower quality and/or less work than I do, then I would be a miserable person and hate work. Instead I have a goal plan that is clear to myself, and my manager and director, and I'm actively working towards it. I take a great deal of pride and satisfaction in the quality of work that I deliver, and most days I really enjoy my work because I'm not focused on the fact that 'person X' who was hired on the same day as I was, but with 10 years of experience is making 'Y' dollars more than me because of that experience, even though she does half the work and not as well. If I let myself focus on that I'd go down the bitter hole and be miserable, and I don't want to be miserable. I want to be reasonably happy and hit my goals, which at some point in the future will have me in all likelyhood surpassing her income as she continues to get raises based upon 'showing up' and I get raises and promotions based on kicking rear end. It's slow, and I have to focus on the long game, but it's far better than being miserable all the time, and I really don't want to job-hop and continuously reset my vacation/benefits clock.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

1man1jar was way worse than mrhands. Jesus christ.

Also gently caress you for reminding me of these things.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Here's the Trans Am I saw at work this week.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Here's the Trans Am I saw at work this week.

Cool, but it needs snowflakes and t-tops.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Plenty of snowflake residue on the dashboard

:science:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

QuarkMartial posted:

You shouldn't let it get to you. Just move on to something else.

What someone else is paid to do isn't really up to you, and it's not really your business either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

From a corporate perspective, intelligence and quality of work are typically inversely proportionate to pay.

• Locked thread