Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Well I started playing yesterday and defeated my first boss.
Not sure how I staggered him with a moltov? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

did u throw it at him? :P

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

did u throw it at him? :P

Yeah but it only worked once.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

Yeah but it only worked once.

lots of bosses are staggered automatically after they receive a certain amount of damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also usually goes hand in hand with a stance change or w/e when they start doing new moves.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
You can stagger cleric beast with a molotov to the face yeah

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If you shoot it like 5 times with the pistol that also does it

Dec 26, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

you probably hit him in the head with it

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Ahhhh okay, thank you.
Well I am making my way down into what seems to be a sort of sewer, unlocked the elevator skip, confused at the sassy inhabitants and got myself a hand lantern.

I'll report how it goes from here.

e: Also I'll just keep the cane forever because it is fancy as gently caress and cool as poo poo.
At this old dude boss now. Need more money and bullets.

e2: Should I use the red jewelled brooch or finish the quest with the girl?

Michaellaneous fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 7, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing this game again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is so loving good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played the chalice dungeons for about 10 minutes because that's where I was at, but then I played real rear end Bloodborne for 30 minutes and I want to make a new character again. It's such a beautiful game, and I want a slot open at Cainhurst forever, so I can have 24/7 access to the greatest castle of all time.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I am at the castle. There should always be a castle.

e: I had not refreshed and read the post above, go castle!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Game so good help can't stop playing.
It looks so fantastic.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

im still playing it lol. literaly all ive played for 3 months now is souls games and gran turismo 6. and a little bit of isaac

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

e2: Should I use the red jewelled brooch or finish the quest with the girl?

the sidequests r really up to you. theres 3 game endings so if u go for the platinum trophy then you can try all kinds of choices

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im now so insanely good at bloodborne that im going to try and do a gun and fist only run . which, ok , some bosses wont be any more difficult than usual. but i wont be able to visceral all of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Im now so insanely good at bloodborne that im going to try and do a gun and fist only run . which, ok , some bosses wont be any more difficult than usual. but i wont be able to visceral all of them

Does the fist scale with anything, it never really seemed like as much of an option as past souls games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doing a fist only run in DS2 was a lot of fun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Does the fist scale with anything, it never really seemed like as much of an option as past souls games

no but visceral attacks scale with skill , i think.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
maybe fist attacks scale with strength .. i duno. i could probably equip a torch if i reach so me kind of insurmountable boss

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

no but visceral attacks scale with skill , i think.

Skill and a littlw with slevel yea

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe fist attacks scale with strength .. i duno. i could probably equip a torch if i reach so me kind of insurmountable boss

here u go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_6YR1bYK4U&t=93s

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the vanquisher's seal was my favorite addition in DS2 and i wish it was in every game

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Good poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

thank u very much

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
alright, its decided. ill see if i can play well enuf to record some vids in case ne1 gives a shiet :P

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will watch them. My goal today is to finally get this plat

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've got an empty gaming space between now and mgsv, so maybe i'll do a NG+ run to kill some time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i've got an empty gaming space between now and mgsv, so maybe i'll do a NG+ run to kill some time

That's what I'm doing first actually, is finishing my NG+ in nightmare of mensis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A hunter is a hunter, even in a dream ...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
mensis is so cool .. one thing i like about it is when u have all the shortcuts unlocked and u take 3 lifts up to mergo nand rise up like miles in the air , which u originally climbed on foot to get there in the first place.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my 3 fav areas are:

1 forbidden woods
2 mensis
3 the lecture building full of slime students

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

my favorite areas are the ones with the most colorful skies, and nicest landscape formations

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i really like both versions of yarhagul

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cainhurst is incredible

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

cainhurst is incredible

yeah, it's a great area. i love the way that they use height to make the library areas into this cool vertical maze. also all of the secret areas are fun to find. i think cainhurst was the area of the game i was least spoiled on, and therefore had the most fun with, apart from being an awesome area overall.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

alright, its decided. ill see if i can play well enuf to record some vids in case ne1 gives a shiet :P

i'd watch them. in otehr news bloodborne is my dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
A Bloodborne problem I'm having, is I don't see very much replay value, or at least not the same level as Dark Souls. It was the same with Demon's Souls, even though it was epic I didn't really want to play through it multiple times. While I played Dark Souls like 600 hours across multiple systems, and even though it wasn;'t very good, 200 hours for Dark Souls 2.

When is the expansion...??????????????? When is Dark Souls 3???