Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
0.38 to 0.41 posts per day. I guess being registered for over 12 years takes a while to move the needle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Baal got me posting in a forum that increases post count again. I'll make it back to 20 a day in no time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The chat thread is full of broken brained BYOB faggots who need to be banned ASAP, and I hope there isn't a Chat Thread once we get a new mod, even though there a few good posters in those threads.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

In Training posted:

The chat thread is full of broken brained BYOB faggots who need to be banned ASAP, and I hope there isn't a Chat Thread once we get a new mod, even though there a few good posters in those threads.

rude

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

In Training posted:

Fly away vile troll

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

With the power of image dumps, empty quotes, waifu wars, and other diverse shitposting techniques, I hope to reach the stunning average of 1 post per day.

Ritsu is the best, unending war and strife will descend upon the Mio-likers.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I'm sorry I contributed in small part to your eventual mental decline, Beef.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

Fly away vile troll

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I frequently read threads I do not participate in so that I may judge their posters from the comfort of anonymity.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Thanks for doing the thankless job.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

In Training posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Twiddy posted:

People are getting violent and saying mean things to each other now that Beef is quitting. I don't like it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I lurked for a year or so only occasionally posting in Games until I figured that all of the threads in ADTRW I wanted to post in were chill enough that I wouldn't get too self-conscious about posting badly in them. Anime is really improving my internet social skills.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

I started modding ADTRW seven and a half months ago at the age of 22, and after more than half a year of service, I've decided it's time for me to move on.

ADTRW has faced numerous challenges over the years, including how to continuously satisfy a 20, and ensure the forum has the human, technical, and financial resources to continue operating. But the biggest hurdle it's had to overcome is myself. As ADTRW's sole moderator, decision maker, and keeper of most of its institutional knowledge, I've come to represent an uncomfortably large single point of failure.

I've spent the past 8 months working behind the scenes to address these challenges, and to provide ADTRW with the foundation it needs to survive me by bolstering its finances, strengthening its infrastructure, and expanding and empowering its team of shitposters. And for the most part, I've succeeded. The forum isn't in danger of going under financially any time soon, and it's as fast and stable as ever thanks to continued development and recent shiposting upgrades. Team ADTRW is also at its largest, and while I've still been calling the shots, I've delegated many of my responsibilities to a handful of trusted volunteers, most of whom have served the site for years.

That foundation will now be put to the ultimate test, as today I'm retiring as ADTRW's moderator. From a user's perspective, nothing should change. A few senior volunteers—including ADTRW's lead effort poster, managing shitposting, and server white-noise posting—have stepped up to ensure a smooth transition over the coming weeks.

I'll need time away to decompress and reflect, but I look forward to one day returning to ADTRW as its Mod Emeritus or just another Goon, and also writing more about my experience running ADTRW on my personal blog. The journey has been marked by highs and lows, surprises and disappointments, but ultimately immense satisfaction. I'm humbled to have had the privilege of both lucking into and presiding over what is easily one of the greatest communities to ever grace the Web. It was truly an honor to serve as ADTRW's replacement moderator, and I look forward to seeing what the next decade holds for the site.

On to the next chapter,

–Beef

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
ok

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
gonna look through my bookmarked gifs to see if i have anything good for the occasion

i found this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm unclear which one's the beefster

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm unclear which one's the beefster

The Captain is ADTRW and the Beef is Fox.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

I think the Chat Threads are good, even if I don't like some of the posters in there. I hope they stay.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Guy in the middle IMO.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

GorfZaplen posted:

I think you're cool and wish you'd post more, personally.

Don't forget this post when SA is in ruins and I'm sitting at the center of it.

Just don't disappear after you lose the star, Beef. You're a good dude.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I enjoy the company of most of the people I've chatted with here. The exceptions can be counted on one hand.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I enjoy the company of most of the people I've chatted with here. The exceptions can be counted on one hand.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Beef chief is a good egg in this rotten omelet of a forum

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Beef Chief is more Rarely cooked than many others in this Raw Steak of a forum

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Beef chief is a perfectly cut dick in this gentile den of a forum

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

The good Lord once asked beef chief which way he wiped his bottom and he said "all of them"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
We've veered away from food analogies now, you ruined it.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I have dishonored the thread and will commit seppuku at sunrise

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

yo beef good job and thanks. sad to see you quit.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

littleorv posted:

The Captain is ADTRW and the Beef is Fox.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

Endorph: "DO WE WANT A CHAT THREAD"
ADTRW: "YEAHHHHHHHH"
Endorph: "DO WE WANT AN UNIRONIC HENTAI THREAD"
ADTRW: "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Gils in the crowd: "Yeah, we want lolicon back too!!!!"
*Crowd and endorph look at Gils bewildered*
Littleorv: "YEAHHHHHHH, oh wait no. I mean no. Uh sorry about that, I jumped the gun."

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gils posted:

Actually I'd like half the chat thread regulars banned for being creeps and weirdos but whatever, I don't post here so my opinions are p much pointlesss

Nobody in the chat thread is creepy (except me)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Beef Chief posted:

Endorph: "DO WE WANT A CHAT THREAD"
ADTRW: "YEAHHHHHHHH"
Endorph: "DO WE WANT AN UNIRONIC HENTAI THREAD"
ADTRW: "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Gils in the crowd: "Yeah, we want lolicon back too!!!!"
*Crowd and endorph look at Gils bewildered*
Littleorv: "YEAHHHHHHH, oh wait no. I mean no. Uh sorry about that, I jumped the gun."

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That feel when chat thread regs roll out when someone is unironically creepy or misogynistic

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I do not think ill of the chat thread.

Because I don't try to read all of the chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuLT
Sep 9, 2005

Moderating is a PITA, nice work on holding out for as long as you did, and not long enough to destroy you.

• Locked thread