Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dalael posted:

Realism and sexism are not always mutually exclusive.

Good God, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Dalael posted:

Realism and sexism are not always mutually exclusive.

low value male threaten by women who are more competent than him spotted

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

fool_of_sound posted:

Nice avatar/post combo.

I know. Beautiful, isn't it? :swoon:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

stoutfish posted:

low value male threaten by women who are more competent than him spotted

Have you ever listened to her speak? My ears bleed each time. What I said, applies to her.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Dalael posted:

Have you ever listened to her speak? My ears bleed each time. What I said, applies to her.

complaining about how a woman speaks is peak sexism

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

stoutfish posted:

complaining about how a woman speaks is peak sexism

:agreed:
Criticising a member of the opposite sex due to her lovely views is the epitome of sexism.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Seriously though, unironically, Trump is significantly less horrible than every other republican candidate.

Catching up with the thread again, but jesus, again.

The Least Horrible Republican Candidate posted:

Laziness is a trait of the blacks

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm pretty sure I can be lazier than any black I've ever met.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

VanSandman posted:

I'm pretty sure I can be lazier than any black I've ever met.

According to most GOP candidates, if you're not rich, its solely because you're lazy and don't work hard enough.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Dalael posted:

:agreed:
Criticising a member of the opposite sex due to her lovely views is the epitome of sexism.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dalael is a truly, genuinely dumb man

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Zelder posted:

Dalael is a truly, genuinely dumb man

Don't hate me cuz my AV is beautiful.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
In all seriousness, just because I find her dumb as gently caress, does not mean I am sexist.

Just because I said she was all brains and no legs, does not make that comment sexist.

Just because its typed on a internet comedy forum, does not mean that a comment is a genuinely held belief. Tho in this case it was. She is a dumb gently caress.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
what if it was you.... who were the dumb gently caress?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Brannock posted:

Trump would easily be the least worst president out of the Republican stable. Walker is legit dangerous and the country would be in flames by 2020, Bush would just continue his family's legacy of loving up in the Middle East, everyone else is either an empty suit, frighteningly incompetent, or a religious nutjob.

I guess Rubio would be more inoffensive than Trump? But Trump has a history of being a moderate, supports healthcare (and, it's implied, wants single-payer and to end the Obamacare blowjob to insurance companies), all that stuff. I think some of you are getting a bit too caught up in his bluster.

i think the real fear with trump would be getting into some retarded war because trump got offended or whatever. also he could seriously mess up relations with mexico one of the us strongest and most important allies

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

wait is herman cain not running this time? i don't want to live in this country anymore if the cain train is not running for president

e: Donald Trump? NEIN, NEIN, NEIN

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

stoutfish posted:

what if it was you.... who were the dumb gently caress?

Then I'd say that is your opinion, which may or may not be valid, but I wouldn't try and label you as something simply because of one comment.

If I said O'Reilley is all legs and no brain (he is freakin tall) would you say that is a sexist comment? What if a girl said that of him, would she be a sexist?

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I think that a Scott Walker presidency would be horribly regressive and bad for America. I also think that if Scott Walker wanted to tear up the Iran deal on day 1, there would be someone in Scott Walker's cabinet with the clarity to tell him what an awful awful idea that is.

I don't think I can quite say the same thing about a Donald Trump cabinet. He strikes me as a moron with no interest in governing who would probably surround himself with morons who also have no interest in governing, instead of at least possibly kowtowing to whatever party elders prevent truly apocalyptic poo poo from happening.

Either of them will stock the courts with cavemen though, so I don't think "who's the most evil republican in the land" is that crucial of an argument really

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Dalael posted:

If I said O'Reilley is all legs and no brain (he is freakin tall) would you say that is a sexist comment? What if a girl said that of him, would she be a sexist?

No. She would be weird, because that's not a thing that anyone says about a man ever. Because it's a sexist comment.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

quadrophrenic posted:

No. She would be weird, because that's not a thing that anyone says about a man ever. Because it's a sexist comment.

Sexism: prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.
or
The belief that one sex (usually the male) is naturally superior to the other and should dominate most important areas of political, economic, and social life.

Just because you use a word (in this case, sexism), does not mean you use it properly. My comment was specific to a person, not a whole group and it was a reference to her intelligence and has absolutely nothing to do with her gender.

I find it hilarious that I'm being called a sexist for 1 comment about her, but all the bullshit being said about any of the candidates is totally loving fine in your books. Its fine to have a boner for a hot chick, does not mean you have to try and label someone for calling her bullshit out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

gently caress off you sexist moron

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Scott Walker might not literally eject the deal on day one, but he'd sure as hell look for any reason at all to get rid of it. Ted Cruz asked a general for his opinion on how to win, then said that he respectfully disagrees and obviously the answer is to go back to war.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Scott Walker might not literally eject the deal on day one, but he'd sure as hell look for any reason at all to get rid of it. Ted Cruz asked a general for his opinion on how to win, then said that he respectfully disagrees and obviously the answer is to go back to war.

Speaking of Ted Cruz... Why is it that no one gives a poo poo about the fact he was born outside of the US (Canada)? Back when Obama was running, that was all you could read about.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Dalael posted:

Speaking of Ted Cruz... Why is it that no one gives a poo poo about the fact he was born outside of the US (Canada)? Back when Obama was running, that was all you could read about.

He didn't have to go through a naturalization process to become a citizen, so he's a natural born citizen by way of his mother's citizenship. Obama would have also been eligible, had he been born in Kenya. It's a non-issue in either case.

e. Stop defending your sexism. It's dumb and weird.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 8, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Dalael posted:

You already know the answer to this question.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Full Battle Rattle posted:

You already know the answer to this question.

Before BattleCattle answered, I had only 2 guesses.

Either because Obama is black, so they were looking for any excuses they could find, or because Ted Cruz is a republican, so they will not bring up their bullshit argument against one of their own. Which makes me think, that this would not bother Trump so I'm wondering when he's going to bring it up.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I figured it's kind of both. He's black, and also he's not in the party that makes up these kind of bullshit arguments to begin with.

Though, maybe the Dems will prove me wrong someday if the GOP ever puts up a nonwhite candidate.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dalael posted:

No. Because you wouldn't say that about Bill O'Reilly because he's a man. Just admit it was (mildly) sexist instead of ruining the whole thread arguing about it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dalael posted:

Don't hate me cuz my AV is beautiful.
...Lamar? Is that you?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

De Nomolos posted:

So all my evangelical family members say Carson wowed them last night.

I thought he looked way out of his league.

None of them give specifics for why. Any clue? Why him and not Huck or Cruz? White guilt?

white people like it when a black person dogwhistles

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Dalael posted:

Before BattleCattle answered, I had only 2 guesses.

Either because Obama is black, so they were looking for any excuses they could find, or because Ted Cruz is a republican, so they will not bring up their bullshit argument against one of their own. Which makes me think, that this would not bother Trump so I'm wondering when he's going to bring it up.

Don't be foolish. You already know it's about enabling popular misinterpretation of the law to suit the hive's tactics.

e. I know you know because you brought it up only to distract us from your sexism. It's the same tactic on a smaller scale. We cannot fall for such a simple trick. Apologize immediately.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 8, 2015

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

Don't be foolish.

that ship has sailed

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Honestly I was surprised that there was a question to Walker that was basically "Hey rear end in a top hat, your state is on fire right now and none of your predictions have materialized; why are you even remotely a credible candidate?". Not that Walker answered it with even the slightest traces of intellectual honesty, but considering he's Charlie and Davey's fingerpuppet given life by the blue fairy, it's odd that Ailes would approve even possibly pointing out that premise in earshot of a camera.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Erick (Last of his Line (in a better universe)) would have been far better off ambushing Trump with this. Sure he'd just get clowned on, but it would have been temporary. Trump is completely capable of devoting a week to destroying him out of spite.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Wallace spent half the debate trying to outsmart Trump and failed spectacularly at it.
Yeah Wallace probably did the heaviest lifting (or tried to, anyway) by forcing that "did you lie about having evidence" into the debate and then forcing it back into the debate.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001

Slate Action posted:

Erick Son of Erick update:

When did the Red State Gathering turn into a PC Convention?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
You know, when he said literally everything he's ever said about women, I was still on board, but this time he's just gone too far.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Owned, PC police, you're the real sexists.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Joementum posted:

what does this mean in english

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Ahh, so she is actually an Anime and was attracted to him. :sweatdrop:

• Locked thread