Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

syscall girl posted:

m.bison_yes.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

which one of you did the NZ flag one

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mediocre pepe

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is what all pcs should look like imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
if you cut that computer, it will bleed, like the dude from promethoues

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

gross

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol at those fans on the front

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

anthonypants posted:

lol at those fans on the front

it's for the 360 or 480 radiator up front

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Dodoman posted:

it's for the 360 or 480 radiator up front
yeah i'm sure it's for that radiator, but if you're going to make a watercooled desktop why would you put effort into making it as loud as possible

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

water cooling isn't about making your computer quiet. it's about making the cpu run 2C cooler (after you made it 20C hotter by turning off power saving and speed scaling because MY GIGAHERTZ!)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i know, i might as well be complaining about the fact that they'll spend $5000 on the computer but <$100 on the monitor

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
the fans shouldn't be running at a high rpm if it's powered via pwm, so it won't be that loud

also if that's a 100$ monitor please tell me where i can buy it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

your mum

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Dodoman posted:

the fans shouldn't be running at a high rpm if it's powered via pwm, so it won't be that loud

they're 3 wire fans. no pwm

cattedoge
Oct 1, 2014

heh, nice elaborate system of pipes and two large reservoirs for pumping a white liquid that will never be touched by a woman and prob repulse her
talkin' 'bout the the scrote and peen here guys
the man who built the comp does not have sex

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Would our be ridiculous to run hdmi and usb in my walls so I can put a loud pc like that in the basement and just have the monitor and stuff on my desk?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Yes but do it anyway

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
not really, it'd be kinda cool. hdmi loses signal integrity past a certain point though.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
hdmi is like 15m, but usb 3.0 is only recommended to go up to like 3m

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

we have some 20 meter hdmi runs at work. they worked but were sometimes crapping out on us so we put these signal boosters on there and it works pretty well

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

maniacdevnull posted:

Would our be ridiculous to run hdmi and usb in my walls so I can put a loud pc like that in the basement and just have the monitor and stuff on my desk?

I did that for my HTPC, thought about it for my regular pc but that'd involve running cables up two stories and ugh. the HTPC was just like up through a wall next to a heating vent, about 10 ft.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

i sort-of do this with a neighboring room and wireless for kb+m; hdmi can be long as gently caress no problem but usb is capped at 15ft; you can cheat this with hubs, or special cables that essentially contain hubs, but stuff can get really weird and unstable regardless so ymmv

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
lol http://webm.host/ccae3/vid.webm

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

univbee posted:

i sort-of do this with a neighboring room and wireless for kb+m; hdmi can be long as gently caress no problem but usb is capped at 15ft; you can cheat this with hubs, or special cables that essentially contain hubs, but stuff can get really weird and unstable regardless so ymmv

Hmmm

I might be able to get away with 15ft, it's a split level house so the basement is directly under the office/bedroom floor. Hmmmmmmery.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
nah there's a way easier way to do it - look into USB extenders like this guy http://www.tripplite.com/usb-2.0-ccat6-extender-transmitter-receiver-164-feet-4-port~B203104PNP/

then all u do is pull cat6 like the pros

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I've worked with a lot of the Tripp lite stuff and it's p good for price. the best extenders don't require drivers

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

wheres that site that collected all the lovely ~my first indstrial design~ renderings for apple products that idiots made

http://store.apple.com

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Apple cables still don't have any strain relief do they

It's fine though, I mean, even if they occasionally break, Apple cables are nothing if not reasonably-prahahahahahahahaha

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

Hmmm

I might be able to get away with 15ft, it's a split level house so the basement is directly under the office/bedroom floor. Hmmmmmmery.
use displayport at twice that length with your 4k monitor cause youre not a poor, rule 36 bitch

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

pet throw a steak out the window for that cat

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/jWPKus6.gifv

nsfw

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

post it in the cat thread

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Space-Pope posted:

pet throw a steak out the window for that cat

and thats how you get cats

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
my youtube account's returned to "in good standing" because youtube's removed community violations from the same three strike system as copyright infringement and illegal content. kool.

bishun
Feb 16, 2010

You know the dryl.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

well it's mourning wood now, dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU