Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheTremendous
Jan 4, 2013

CuteJen96 posted:

"They call it 'powdering'- and it could be happening in your child's school right now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FvlIwuQBO8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

same

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I'm addicted to creatine.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm addicted to creatine.

Does it actually do anything except make various liquids taste like poo poo when you mix it in.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Lunixnerd posted:

Does it actually do anything except make various liquids taste like poo poo when you mix it in.

You retain a lot of water and your face becomes puffy

and making liquids taste like you said, of course

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Decebal posted:

You retain a lot of water and your face becomes puffy

and making liquids taste like you said, of course

None of this is true?

Get unflavored creatine and it doesn't change the taste of anything. I mix mine with water, and it tastes like water.

It doesn't make your face puffy. Anyone who claims it made them gain water weight, or lose muscle definition, is probably just lazy and actually gained weight. It helps pump and muscle size. It's like the one real, legit supplement available legally.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

this girl i know

why???

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Gonna open The Burpie Box and get paid to torture people.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

None of this is true?

Get unflavored creatine and it doesn't change the taste of anything. I mix mine with water, and it tastes like water.

It doesn't make your face puffy. Anyone who claims it made them gain water weight, or lose muscle definition, is probably just lazy and actually gained weight. It helps pump and muscle size. It's like the one real, legit supplement available legally.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC155510/?tool=pmcentrez

"The gains in body mass observed are likely due to water retention during supplementation. Creatine is an osmotically active substance. Thus, any increase in the body's Cr content should result in increased water retention and consequent gains in body mass.2,8 For example, 1 subject in the present study, who reported having a fairly consistent body mass throughout the previous year, experienced a 4.8-kg increase in body mass during the first week of supplementation, 90% of which was accounted for by the increase in TBW."

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I'll play music from The Act of Killing, it'll be great.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Feminition posted:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC155510/?tool=pmcentrez

"The gains in body mass observed are likely due to water retention during supplementation. Creatine is an osmotically active substance. Thus, any increase in the body's Cr content should result in increased water retention and consequent gains in body mass.2,8 For example, 1 subject in the present study, who reported having a fairly consistent body mass throughout the previous year, experienced a 4.8-kg increase in body mass during the first week of supplementation, 90% of which was accounted for by the increase in TBW."

That's the study I read too. I don't know, wouldn't you loose a lot of mass when you stop taking it because you piss your gainz away ?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2649889/

it's pretty arguable that people even get much gainz on creatine at all i imagine maybe the bloat and the whole placebo thing is why people think it works???

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Yeah but the water gets pulled into the muscle, not your face and stuff.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Watermelon flavored Hyper FX by BSN is the worst tasting pwo in the world.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
never tried creatine but from what i've heard it's supposed to make working out feel better/give you more endurance???

retaining water better would probably assist in both of those maybe idk no scientist

also my tits are sore from 4 days ago still, dont think i did any real damage, just need to get used to dumb fly's and bench presses

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Creatine's possible baldness side effect outweighs any desire to use it for possible slight performance increases. I'll stick to beta alanine, protein, and a handful of vitamins I almost certainly don't need

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Just got this from amazon :
http://www.amazon.com/VINTAGE-BLAST...out+supplements

got decent reviews so i'll give it a try. although just coffee and some amino acids should be enough.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Well if a truck racing guy takes it then it's gotta be legit

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Don't fund the pre-workout industrial complex, just make your own using caffeinated cola and instant coffee, combine these ingredients and mix to a paste like consistency for serious jailhouse gainz.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I bought pouches of about ten different ingredients to make my own pwo. Purchased it about 6 months ago, spent about $70, not even 1/4 of the way through them.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I bought pouches of about ten different ingredients to make my own pwo. Purchased it about 6 months ago, spent about $70, not even 1/4 of the way through them.

I would be disappointed if one of those pouches was not just straight crystal meth or cocaine.

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!
Praise the Swole Gods. A year ago my back died (lower back hernia) because I'm 32.

Deadlifted 3 set of 5's for 225 and did not die.

gently caress you doctor who told me I couldn't do it.

Fuuuuuck you

Edit: Posting from the gym because I no longer have energy to move.

Eat At Blimpees! fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 8, 2015

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Goblin Zeplin posted:

Praise the Swole Gods. A year ago my back died (lower back hernia) because I'm 32.

Deadlifted 3 set of 5's for 225 and did not died.

gently caress you doctor who told me I couldn't do it.

Fuuuuuck you

poo poo, if you're 32 then I'm 4 years overdue for some massive physical infirmity.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
help i only work out my arms and now i'm an imbalanced gorilla

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Aferisan posted:

Good, you're doing it right

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!

Lunixnerd posted:

poo poo, if you're 32 then I'm 4 years overdue for some massive physical infirmity.

Get on those ´roids before you vaporise to dust!

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Aferisan posted:

Now do whatever this guy did: http://i.imgur.com/k4A5D.jpg (NSFW-ish)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Lunixnerd posted:

Some people report that it makes them retain water and you can get puffy after extended use. This doesn't happen with everyone though so EH

You find creatine naturally in meat and stuff. The thought behind drinking creatine powder is that you will see a small increase in strength and performance after using it for extended periods of time and I do believe it is legit. Tons of actual high level athletes use it, not just weightlifters.

I'm just too lazy to use it myself. Protein and BCAAs is enough powders going into my system

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunixnerd posted:

Now do whatever this guy did: http://i.imgur.com/k4A5D.jpg (NSFW-ish)

This is how I look after 8 months of ss doing squats 3x a week too but at least I didn't do roids like this guy. Nothing wrong with roids, just not on ss. Also I'm not hairy or ugly or short.

Switching programs next week but can't decide if I want to start bulking yet, I'm at about 196lb (6'5). Maybe drop another 10lb first? I don't know. I want to grow my arms though.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
basically it slightly increases the capacity of your phosphagen system giving you a bit more energy so you can get like one or two more reps in a set

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Big thighs are nice if you're fairly lean so you can see all teh cool quadness up in there and also if you got nicely developed shoulders, chest and back to even out the proportions a bit

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

soy posted:

Switching programs next week but can't decide if I want to start bulking yet, I'm at about 196lb (6'5). Maybe drop another 10lb first? I don't know. I want to grow my arms though.

Post your pic and we can tell you

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I blasted my quads today doing 65 miles of cycling and I ate a lot of pie.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

P sure I'm the only person to ever post their pic in the swole thread

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
How big is swole?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

soy posted:

This is how I look after 8 months of ss doing squats 3x a week too

drat son, it's Starting strength not Committed Strength

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I've posted thousands of pictures of me. They even move.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
10 on a Saturday night, about to hit the gym

Not sure if I'm smart because no one will be there or a weirdo because I'm going to the gym at 10 on a Saturday night. I guess I could be both??

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

drat son, it's Starting strength not Committed Strength

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

My housemate claimed he lost 7kg when he didn't workout for 2 weeks. Why do people make up such bullshit numbers? That's almost 10% of his body weight and he is not a big person.

Thanks for reading my story.

• Locked thread