Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

OSad posted:

I think I'll apply once we start to see the tags next to our names. I feel like something's missing without them.

Yeah, I understand. I just wanted to grab the name because you know Murphy's Law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

This game turns to poo poo the minute there is a competent CV on the enemy team.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
See those Iowas?

They're literally invincible. The Iowa reverse special is so strong, it's stupid. You either have to flank them, at which point, you have to fight an Iowa which is an amazing ship, or you hopelessly shoot their front, miss half your shots, bounce AP, fail to set it on fire with HE, just... nothing works. (our cap was under assault on this match, so I had to go back to defend it, which is why I'm not on that west flank. But this isn't a special situation or anything, people seem to have figured out to do this constantly in Iowas: point your front at a flank, reverse and you're good)

I think I might also take a break from the game. I wanted to play some of the more interesting ships on the Japanese BB line, like the Kongo, Nagato, Amagi and Izumo, but playing tier 9's currently is tantamount to hair-pulling frustration. Too many Japanese high-tier carriers, coupled with too many American BB's. It's becoming more and more pointless to try and grind a line where past tier 7 you're outclassed at nearly every aspect to your opposition, and you just can't get in a position to take them out. Being top-tier or close to that in a BB also means the enemy carrier has eyes for you and you only, and a competent carrier player can hardly mess up his drops.

Wouldn't want to compare this game to WoT since I like this game better, but the higher tiers feel just as painful right now.

OSad fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 8, 2015

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So play US BBs and IJN CVs?

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:

The Iowa is an awesome ship, with not many weaknesses when upgraded, if anything the slow rudder is about the only one. They have to be hit from the side or it is pointless...... and i love it in mine <3
Reposting this, I expect an Iowa nerf, but people are terrible in them. You just got unlucky and fought someone who was lucky or actually knew the ship, btw if you catch an iowa in a turn, the side comes up out of the water and they are easy to cit.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

cheese posted:

So I have to leave NDP on my WoT account to join SEAMN for WoWs?

I cant give up my MS-W tag, ALL THOSE MEMORIES. We used to be cool!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I just started trying out the IJN Destroyers, and hoo boy have I been missing out. The US Destroyers do make versatile and fun gunboats, but the torpfest of the Japanese ones is so much fun. This is combined with the fact that torpedoes punish bad players much more decisively than just plinking at them with 5" guns.

What's the best one? The Mini-Kaze? I'm currently on the tier III one. Looking over the stats on higher tiered ones some of them have insane ranges on those torpedoes- 20km?!

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
applied to semen as pfax

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Watching the Tirpitz videos and I'm not crazy impressed. 8x 15" guns when the Amagi gets 10x16" and the NC gets 9x16" (with 6 forward facing) is pretty rough and that AA is the weakest of the three. That said, I think the Torps on it might be good enough to partially redeem it. The range is pretty short, but it gets a surprisingly generous forward/back angle on its launchers that reminds me of the Atago.

Don't think I'll buy it since I own an Atago for credits, but between the torps and the fast rotating turrets, it should be bearable.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Remember pubbies, if you're going to bitch someone out about being poo poo you should probably make sure you out score them. I'm looking at you jbobaf1.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

DurosKlav posted:

Remember pubbies, if you're going to bitch someone out about being poo poo you should probably make sure you out score them. I'm looking at you jbobaf1.

Had a pubbie tell me I was terrible when I ended up top of the team and he got 56 xp total in a loving New Mexico. And he was still alive at the end of the game. :allears:

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
I'll get the Tirp when it hits, no shame in it, from what i've seen it should be a decent aggressive play ship.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Michi88 posted:

I'll get the Tirp when it hits, no shame in it, from what i've seen it should be a decent aggressive play ship.

I'm not sure I'd bother with it myself. The german BB line is all twin turret ships unless I'm really, really surprised so I won't be going down it and thus can't use the Tirpitz to train up a captain. The secondaries seem weak aside from the torpedoes.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
All applications approved.. now go forth and prosper. Everyone has recruiter status so if you see any goons in the thread who said they applied feel free to approve them as well.

I have a terrible idea for the logo and once we have the ability to troll the WoWS forum it will be fully realized. Needless to say it involves a shirtless, shaved chest sailor riding on a torpedo like a bucking bronco.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 8, 2015

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

demonR6 posted:

Let the games begin..

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021838/

[SEAMN] SEAMEN

Never not shoot your hot load at another sailor...

Now we need a good logo.. get on it goons. I am thinking a scantily clad sailor riding on a torpedo like a bucking bronco.

Applied for semen

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?

demonR6 posted:

All applications approved.. now go forth and prosper. Everyone has recruiter status so if you see any goons in the thread who said they applied feel free to approve them as well.

I have a terrible idea for the logo and once we have the ability to troll the WoWS forum it will be fully realized. Needless to say it involves a shirtless, shaved chest sailor riding on a torpedo like a bucking bronco.

I just read the description for the clan.... bravo, man bravo. :lol:

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
And tonight on WoWS EU. I found something that has become rare on this server.

This replay isn't really about my match (unexceptional 90k damage game) and more about the Fuso on the enemy team, who flies off the handle after getting killed and goes full pubbie in chat.:allears:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Applied as mikestanks.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Applied as Devorum

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I'm Mud_Flap, someone already accepted me but you should make me a recruitment officer <3

Edit: Thanks!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've accepted all pending applications and promoted everyone to recruiter. Remember, verified goons only.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Is there any group for EU goons set up?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You sir can be the founder of EU SEAMN.

Offer stands and our TS server is open to all.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Applied as Tenchrono.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Applied as FOG_Echochamber_Wehraboo

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Today's episode of "Teamwork is OP!" is a special Skycancer edition! Had a run of great matches with Sporks, Arishtat, and washout, I got well past the half-way mark through my Langley today :tipshat: .

Sometimes the pubs make it too easy...

A few matches later, this Bogue never bothered dodging and was obliging enough to keep trucking in a straight line after I torped him the first time, taking him down to about 9k HP.

2nd pass - he was somewhere around C5 in the above screenshot

E2A: Almost forgot about this one - :stonkhat: :stonklol: What do you think happened to my Langley ?

In the first 2 minutes the enemy carriers suicide 4 full squads into the Cleveland division for 0 gain: 2 Fighter, 1 Torp, 1 Bomber. Match ends a draw because the enemy Cleveland went SSJ OVER 9000, got 6 kills, and the Kongo/Murmansk division on our team spent the whole match on a scenic tour of their navels. I survived the match.

MREBoy fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 9, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Just had a great in a New Mexico division with Groggynard and Bobatron. It ended up placing us in a match against 2 Iowas. We showed them though. We ended up teaming up to maul one of their Iowas and then I was in the process of mauling the other one when I got shelled from both sides by cruisers. Ended up citadeling the Iowas about 4 times with my New Mexico guns. We gave them a good mauling.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 9, 2015

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

don't uptier carriers.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Just had what is probably my best game yet in botes in the Murmansk, somehow I managed to hang out at 10-14km all game from what amounted to almost the entire enemy team without dying and just rained torps, HE and a bit of AP onto them. Most of the kills got sniped at the last second by someone else, but I can't even be mad. I'm walking away with 10 more XP flags to use while grinding out the pepsicola or to use if I swap to the Japanese tree.

And earlier in the night, I was thrown into a match with some nerd named Hazdoc in a battleship where I managed to get a double strike after dying by taking down a full health Cleveland and Nicholas with torps. This was in a match where I decided the best course of action was to yolo down the middle on two brothers.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Applied to clan as Kivar

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Magni posted:

And tonight on WoWS EU. I found something that has become rare on this server.

This replay isn't really about my match (unexceptional 90k damage game) and more about the Fuso on the enemy team, who flies off the handle after getting killed and goes full pubbie in chat.:allears:
The best part about this is that everyone on both teams dogpiles him about turning into torp bombers, including the Aoba that actually torped him. If you watch the replay again, the Aoba was sitting in that channel for like 5 minutes and was spotted by the destroyer and planes. That doofus sails right into the torps, but later a Nagato easily dodges and wrecks the Aoba when he tries to do it again.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Sometimes you can't carry hard enough

I torpedoed 8 ships on the enemy team including saving one of our battleships from a destroyer who was about to shotgun him and shot down 34 of the enemy carriers' aircraft with my single 4-plane fighter squadron. If our Langley hadn't gone afk 5 minutes into the match we would have won. If any of our surface ships had done anything worth a drat we would have won.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, got home late from doing R/L poo poo but I feverishly worked out a clan logo'ish thing and of course the recruiting poster because we must have one.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

demonR6 posted:

Okay, got home late from doing R/L poo poo but I feverishly worked out a clan logo'ish thing and of course the recruiting poster because we must have one.

Well that does it, applied as Natsuumi.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Natsuumi posted:

Well that does it, applied as Natsuumi.

Welcome aboard thailor!

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
If you guys ever open an EU branch, I'm in. :haw:

grrarg posted:

The best part about this is that everyone on both teams dogpiles him about turning into torp bombers, including the Aoba that actually torped him. If you watch the replay again, the Aoba was sitting in that channel for like 5 minutes and was spotted by the destroyer and planes. That doofus sails right into the torps, but later a Nagato easily dodges and wrecks the Aoba when he tries to do it again.

Oops. Guess that's my fault then. Shoulda called him out for failing to see the torps earlier or reacting to the obvious Aoba in torp launh position then.

Also, rewatching this I realise that the ther enemy Fuso I was shooting at during the first five minutes and citadel'd once was in stock config, so I actually kinda feel bad about doing that to the poor bastard on his hellgrind.

Magni fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 9, 2015

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
How in the hell do you progress with the Kawachi? I can barely earn 250xp a fight, if I somehow manage to survive getting within 8.5km so I can actually hit something, after turning to get my guns to bear, the chances of actually scoring a single hit make me strangle myself instead of bothering with the whole process.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I just don't get the Minekaze love. Those 10km torps are soooooo loving slow. You rely on awful Wyomings to drive in straight lines to get any hits and if you are going to Island ambush, you might as well do it in a Nicholas.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

cheese posted:

I just don't get the Minekaze love. Those 10km torps are soooooo loving slow. You rely on awful Wyomings to drive in straight lines to get any hits and if you are going to Island ambush, you might as well do it in a Nicholas.

Use the fast ones instead. 7km range is still workable. So long as you sink your target faster than he sinks you, you're golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Finally got the Zao again.

That tier 10 grind is serious.

edit: how I missed thee - still as good as ever

Burno fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 9, 2015