Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

clearly a cheap russian knock-off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
I'm up to gold 2 as dauntless yay. Also I'm bored in irc please join me #risingthunder so we can discuss how cheap edge is on everything. (OR crow if you'd like)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

Is there anything that Chell has to counter Code-Drill spam? Can't uppercut it because it has armor.

Cold drill is unsafe on block, isn't it?

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Jmcrofts posted:

Cold drill is unsafe on block, isn't it?

A Talos once punished my Cold Drill with his command grab so yeah I guess so.

Speaking of, is there frame data for this game yet?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's really hard to get frame data when you can't make the dummy block. Have to get matched with someone willing to cooperate, record video at 60fps and hope the online doesn't skip/rollback any frames (it will).

I don't think Radiant will be releasing frame data because it clashes with their game philosophy or some dumb poo poo, even though it's going to be one of the most important things to know playing this game.

I know Cold Drill is -6 or -7 at least, though. Edge can punish it with cr.L and it's 6-7f depending on how you measure startup.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Either I'm not getting the timing right, or Chell's low jab is not fast enough.

Also I think I need to figure out a macro for Kinetic Advance because there seems to be absolutely no reason not to have it, above all else at making things safe or cancel out of ultras.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Tae posted:

Also I think I need to figure out a macro for Kinetic Advance because there seems to be absolutely no reason not to have it, above all else at making things safe or cancel out of ultras.

Kinetic Deflect is there for casuals who can't cancel poo poo.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Learned a midscreen-only variant to Dauntless forward throw KA today, hold up forward for a jump cancel instead of a dash, then come down with j.H pretty late. You'll hit them just before they touch the ground and then land and can go into target combo into standard juggle s3 s1 stuff, 186 damage!

You can also sacrifice 20 damage or so to go into a pretty sick looking left/right mix-up that doesn't require an additional KA or anything:

Throw - j.H - MH - s1 (1st hit only, hit them while they're still really high in the air) into s3 (hold s3 button so the attack doesn't come out, also hold forward directional input). You'll cross under at the last second with enough time to meaty cr.H or whatever your preferred button is. You can choose not to hold forward on the stick and you'll stay in front. If you have meter for another KA combo off this hit that's ~200 - 270 more damage and I don't know how dizzy works in this game but I have to imagine they'd be close after that.

Still trying to find something like this that works in the corner off forward throw but neutral jump normals won't touch before they hit the ground as far as I can tell and diagonal jumping doesn't work for other obvious reasons.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Trykt posted:

Learned a midscreen-only variant to Dauntless forward throw KA today, hold up forward for a jump cancel instead of a dash, then come down with j.H pretty late.

This only works on Dauntless and Talos, I'm pretty sure.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Support my terrible play: http://forum.risingthunder.com/discussion/1664/crossups-on-joysticks#latest

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005
How do you anti air as Chel without dp? All her buttons don't seem very good at anti airing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

magicalmako posted:

How do you anti air as Chel without dp? All her buttons don't seem very good at anti airing.

I don't know which button it is, but doesn't she have a standing roundhouse like Ryu? I played against a Chel who would throw a fireball and would kick me out of the air when I tried to jump in.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Her standing H is basically Ryu's standing roundhouse, yeah. It feels sluggish as gently caress tho, which ain't great when your fireball's got as much recovery as Chel's.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Anyone have any tips vs edge as dauntless? He can punish my SP1 on block, able to jump over cr.H in corner and his DP self corrects. I'm having a real hard time pressuring him since he seems to be able to throw out everything safe on block or whiff as well except a really up close DP.

magicalmako
Feb 13, 2005
Chel's standing h also hits kinda far away and not up in front. I'm used to having good anti airs as Makoto from SF4.

badCombina
Jun 6, 2013

You're the DJ of this gig!
Got 2 codes if anybody want to get in on the action

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

vrklgn posted:

Got 2 codes if anybody want to get in on the action

PM one please I have a friend that wants to play!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Trykt posted:

PM one please I have a friend that wants to play!

Even though I have yet to get this game to successfully get to the main menu, I have a couple of codes:

8788A-GED8I-Z3AT6-E16VA-EDUH9
J1S7H-V9X9O-S8AUX-ELSL6-ID3YE

Make sure you post which one you've claimed.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 8, 2015

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

8788A-GED8I-Z3AT6-E16VA-EDUH9

I used this one thank you!!

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Yay diamond tier! also need more people #risingthunder we'll want this once lobby's come.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I have this thread to thank for getting a code, so have the ones I just got in the mail.

QGV0I-60EY3-31RO3-GE058-6A933
P5H9X-V1PKB-PB7I9-I8I9W-Z0N06

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 9, 2015

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I am now playing this game. I quite like it. Chel is quite fun. That is all.

(Because I can't arrange to play Goons yet anyway!)

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Section Z posted:

QGV0I-60EY3-31RO3-GE058-6A933

Claimed this one, thanks!

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
Playing Crow, against Chel, it feels like her attacks hit me before any of mine even have a chance to get through their startup animations - as in her punches hit before my punches are finished even winding up to hit her. Do I just need to do more jabs or something? It feels like they don't even reach anywhere near her most of the time, but her attacks hit me before I have any amount of chance to get mine in and have plenty of range. Similar issue against Dauntless.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
4CQ6S-6ENXE-S6S7E-D1NTL-T578Z

Have at it!

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

There's no lobby play, right? Just Ranked for now?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Correct.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Shame.

Maybe I'll spend the afternoon making it out of Carbon, just started playing...

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Here're some keys:

FEK48-DAP1C-1TUDJ-EFOA2-LWPR8
LNMR1-XYZJF-4LI10-0O8G9-ND5O4

borf
Apr 5, 2006
Returning the favor, thanks thread!

E69M6-2CLSN-GYPRS-6LOB0-PF6TZ
5VEEQ-0TZ2U-GBYFI-VUNXU-DF6D8

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

borf posted:

Returning the favor, thanks thread!

E69M6-2CLSN-GYPRS-6LOB0-PF6TZ

Thanks for this.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

bromplicated posted:

Here're some keys:

FEK48-DAP1C-1TUDJ-EFOA2-LWPR8
LNMR1-XYZJF-4LI10-0O8G9-ND5O4

Used the first one, thanks!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I don't know anyone who remotely gives a poo poo about this game so have two more codes!

QHG8Q-K03MQ-Z4XT7-MWDX1-SK047
C52IM-K4OI7-87ZKW-WKDTV-3HWJE

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Alpha is now open to all, no need for a key code. Just need to sign up at risingthunder.com

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there a single thing that a competent Crow does that's unsafe on block, or am I just going to eat 50% damage combos each time I guess wrong?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
nvm, nope

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 11, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

have they mentioned a console release down the line?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dauntless really feels like she should have links from standing and crouching light into standing medium but she just doesn't and what the hell is with being unable to juggle into super?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

NecroMonster posted:

what the hell is with being unable to juggle into super?

Well, technically she can juggle with super just fine! I know what you mean though and I think it's because her super is otherwise really great. It's insanely good at punishing things both on start up and whiff (especially with being a one button input), does good damage, allows follow ups, and carries really far to the corner. It's also really easily hit confirmed into full animation off s1 and st.H

I think they're in the right with the way her super works currently, I just wish she had some more and better ways to build meter for it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

If Edge can get full animation and a combo off his super in literally every situation there's no reason Dauntless shouldn't.

• Locked thread