Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Control Volume posted:

The churchill has armor like the arl 39 or the hull armor of the t29, you can't rely on it for anything but things will still occasionally bounce for no reason

Both the T29 and ARL 44 (I assume you meant the 44) have really good front armour though?

The T29 especially has a great turret so, frontally, you need to aim for the LFP or machine gun with guns under 175 pen, and even 175 pen doesn't guarantee going through the UFP head-on. People rag on the T29's hull armour for some reason but it's really undeserved and only seems weak next to the turret.

The ARL 44 has got a pretty poor turret that can only bounce things when it's pointed directly at the enemy and even then not too much, but the UFP is obscene for its tier.

The Churchill, though, has a big flat turret that a handful of tier 4s and most tier 5s can shoot straight through and, on top of that, has huge trouble sidescraping because of a weak point in the sides right behind the idler wheels that makes it extremely easy to pen even at fairly extreme angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Desuwa posted:

Both the T29 and ARL 44 (I assume you meant the 44) have really good front armour though?

Yeah and so does the Churchill I

I don't know why it works I just know it does

Also don't sidescrape in a churchill

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

M.C. McMic posted:

Are they going to have any NA anniversary sales or just this "well-rounded medium" stuff and the tournament? I'm happy to have the 2x crew XP because basically none of my mediums have 6th Sense yet, and it's killing me, but I'd love to buy the AMX CDC on discount.

edit: I need to try the whole reverse psychology thing on pubbies. I keep telling everyone not to go east on Steppes when there's three artillery on the enemy team and dying horribly, but it seems like the more I say it, the more people go east. Seriously, is there any point in going that way in a heavy tank when there's two or more arty? It seems like you're just sitting there with no cover to be found.

I assume the actual anniversary event will be next weekend, the same as the tournament.

Also try telling people not to go somewhere and why in allchat. Pubbies are scum who will intentionally ignore reasonable advice because they're rebels and you can't tell them what to do. If you say it in allchat you'll also catch the shitheads on the enemy team, so at least both team's fuckers are in the same lovely boat.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

People going into bad places reminds me of a match I had in my IS-6. It was a tier 8 Lakeville match and 3 of the 4 enemy tier 8s were clownshoes and another IS-6 in a platoon with high winrates. The other tier 8 is terrible and none of the other tanks looked like they would be a threat. I look at my team, and they're all above average, and I know that most of these guys are going to go city, and what do you know, I'm right next to the valley entrance, I figure I can push forward extremely quickly, bully the idiots that set up camp, and sit on the cap to put pressure on the enemy team that way rather than going to a glorious and ineffectual death against a clownshoe. It might be one of the extremely few times that going valley isn't a godawful idea!!

So I go into the valley with two low tier tanks who like following people (yes!) while the rest go to city (yes!!), and just as I crest the hill... the tier 8 clownshoe platoon and lovely tier 8 medium are all trying to rush down the valley. They got bogged down fighting us, lost city, and lost the game.

Don't go valley on Lakeville.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Don't go valley on Lakeville.

i dont understand
im flanking
you need to COVER valley
where is cap
FLANK valley
helloo??? noone in valley??
noobs cover base

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

i dont understand
im flanking
you need to COVER valley
where is cap
FLANK valley
helloo??? noone in valley??
noobs cover base

gg poo poo team losers (usually said while their team is up 12-5 and is coming back to base to kill the remaining enemy valley rushers.)

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ensign Expendable posted:

Type 95, the last pre-war heavy, appeared in 1935. The tank's designers made an emphasis on technological simplicity and improvement of armament. For instance, the low velocity 70 mm gun that was only useful for fighting infantry and fortifications was complemented by a high velocity 37 mm gun. It could penetrate 30 mm of armour at 300 meters, making it a dangerous foe for lightly armoured Soviet T-26 and BT tanks.

Compared to the Type 91, the tank weighed in at a hefty 27 tons. Again, it was closer to medium tanks, but the Japanese decided otherwise. They had the right to do so, as the Type 95 had no equals in armament or armour in the Far East. Nevertheless, the reaction of the military was mixed. On one hand, the increased combat capability was good, on the other hand, the increased mass and decreased speed were not. They to limit the tank's production to a small batch, assigned to an arsenal in Osaka. It is not known how many vehicles were finished, but modern historians consider that it was most likely less than 10. Type 95 was largely used for training purposes on Japanese territory. It is known that in 1938 some tanks were sent to China for the final stages of the Sino-Japanese conflict.

So the Japanese had a Type 95 as their standard and mainline tank, a prototype Japanese tank, a recon vehicle, an amphibious vessel and a torpedo.

they really liked the number 95 i guess

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I guess if it works, stick with it

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Mans posted:

So the Japanese had a Type 95 as their standard and mainline tank, a prototype Japanese tank, a recon vehicle, an amphibious vessel and a torpedo.

they really liked the number 95 i guess

You will also be firing Type 95 AP rounds from your Type 95 heavy tank. :cripes:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

CompeAnansi posted:

The Ke Ho is the best tier 4 in the game :colbert:

Excuse me, but the SU-85B is a thing that exists. I did well in the Ke-Ho, but I don't recall any 13 kill games in it, nor doing over 3000 damage in a single game, nor winning from an 1v8 situation. All of those have happened in the SU-85B.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

loving goddamit I went 2/17 in my type 64 no matter how much damage I poo poo out or how many loving spots I make the cunting whoresons find a way to lose or this loving tank is cursed I honestly suspect there's witchcraft at play why the gently caress am I playing this

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope the anniversary sale includes discounts on premium because mine is about to run out.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Prav posted:

Also the T71 is getting even sexier, but I'm gonna miss those goofy roadwheels.

That looks like a completely different hull, is that really the same tank?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

From Wargaming's wiki page on the T71.

Apparently it's the real deal. I'm pretty excited to see how much bouncier this already bouncy tank gets.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

From Wargaming's wiki page on the T71.

Apparently it's the real deal. I'm pretty excited to see how much bouncier this already bouncy tank gets.

T71... Bouncy? It gets triple overmatched literally anywhere by 76mm shells.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Desuwa posted:

The T29 especially has a great turret so, frontally, you need to aim for the LFP or machine gun with guns under 175 pen, and even 175 pen doesn't guarantee going through the UFP head-on. People rag on the T29's hull armour for some reason but it's really undeserved and only seems weak next to the turret.

The ARL 44 has got a pretty poor turret that can only bounce things when it's pointed directly at the enemy and even then not too much, but the UFP is obscene for its tier.

He was referring to the TD, the ARL44 V39.

Steelion posted:

T71... Bouncy? It gets triple overmatched literally anywhere by 76mm shells.

:thejoke:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It's hard to tell sometimes, considering the bad opinions this thread tends to cultivate.

Speaking of stupid people, watch me not die when I get myself way in over my head!

Whether I'm the stupid one of the other team is is left as an exercise to the viewer.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2071094#serene_coast-steelion-type_64

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I was iffy about buying that code for a Jagd88 but I think I am sold on it. Yeah sometimes its big fat rear end gets it nuked by arty 30 seconds into a game. Other times it puts the of its team on its back and trundles along:

What gets me is that it was only a Mastery Badge: 1 Class.
That crew XP though :vince:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

That crew XP though :vince:

NA server used to routinely get 3x crew xp weekends. Once premium tanks started getting large crew XP bonuses, those stopped.

Really hoping they don't gently caress up the anniversary special.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I was in a 15-1 victory earlier today on Redshire in my IS-8. It was pretty amusing.

I actually thought I was going to die more than once as the same two stupid loving pubbies in E75's blocked my retreat pretty much every time I moved forward to take a shot.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Atomizer posted:

He was referring to the TD, the ARL44 V39.

:thejoke:

I know the V39 exists but I had to assume he was talking about the 44. The V39 does not bounce anything, at all, except the at around the same baseline rate that light tanks get. Like a 13 90 will bounce t10 guns but I wouldn't call it bouncy under any circumstances; the V39 is basically the same except maybe against the most anemic t4 guns it sees.

Mentioning it in the same breath as the T29 which can bounce some same-tier heavy tank guns frontally, unangled, seems really weird.

e:

Shadeoses posted:

That looks like a completely different hull, is that really the same tank?

There were two T71 concepts, what's in game has the hull of one and the turret of another. This is just making it consistent.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 9, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey guys do you think this guy is a human?

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Looks like a elite german tanker :)

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
So, this was a productive evening. Props to Atomizer and Jal_Rudal for the games! Gonna post some of the highlight games for me.

First: The IS-3 is a goddamn amazing tank, and there is no other tank in the game I'd rather brawl with. 3 and a half tanks enter, one tank leaves.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2071164#prokhorovka-steelion-is-3

Second: The STA's gun is pretty nice, assuming it behaves itself and doesn't bounce off the sides of T34s. Solid 4.7k damage game, most of it shooting at tanks through a bush.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2071186#prokhorovka-steelion-sta-1

Third: I was hoping to get LT-14, but I think this was a more productive game in the end. Somehow 2500 damage to tier 8s isn't enough for an ace, by the way.

http://wotreplays.com/site/2071192#siegfried_line-steelion-type_64

:toot:

Steelion fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 9, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

^^^^ Tonights games were great on the whole even though we had some bad luck, repeatedly.

Hellsau posted:

Typical wehraboo.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Human? Or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0E0ynyIUsg

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Dude was idle for a minute in their E100, then slowly went into the west on Erlenberg, blocked me by parking behind me, did 0 damage with 4 shots and 1 hit, and never typed in chat. Dude's botting tier 10s.

e: I want a time machine so I can go back to when the SU-26 was overpowered as hell and use Battle Assistant with it.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Aug 9, 2015

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Hellsau posted:

Dude was idle for a minute in their E100, then slowly went into the west on Erlenberg, blocked me by parking behind me, did 0 damage with 4 shots and 1 hit, and never typed in chat. Dude's botting tier 10s.

e: I want a time machine so I can go back to when the SU-26 was overpowered as hell and use Battle Assistant with it.

Or the old HEAT shells on the LEFH

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Question about completing personal missions and earning female crew members: Must a female crew member be assigned to a tank once she is earned? Or can she sit in my barracks until I assign her somewhere?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Bort Bortles posted:

Question about completing personal missions and earning female crew members: Must a female crew member be assigned to a tank once she is earned? Or can she sit in my barracks until I assign her somewhere?

You assign them a specific tank role when you claim the commendations towards a reward vehicle. Plan accordingly.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Soulfucker posted:

You assign them a specific tank role when you claim the commendations towards a reward vehicle. Plan accordingly.

Well plan the nation accordingly, can you gold retrain them without losing the skill?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
For those who haven't yet caught it in the news in the game launcher, here's some uncommented footage from Gamescom, of future features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18ziuXxWWR0

Main takeaways:

1) Oh my god what the hell is that Czechoslovakian box tank? I NEED IT.

2) Skoda T-40 looks sexy

3) Japanese heavies are just :laffo:. T110 can facehug them and probably be untouchable, though they do seem to have good depression.

4) Hnnnngghhh the new motion physics look RAD AS HELL. :fap: Here's hoping they can actually implement them some time soon-ish.

EDIT: Oh my god. I fired up the game. Got this pop-up window in the garage about a survey. Was like "sure whatever, let's do a survey." Couldn't get past the first question because the NEXT button didn't work. Closed the survey window, entire game immediately crashed to desktop.

WG :allears:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 9, 2015

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

When you complete the last mission in a bunch, you still have to manually redeem the crew member and choose their nation and tank. So they can't sit in your barracks without an assignment, but pretty close to it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

My strategy for getting the platoon missions done is to start a pub match, spam platoon invites to anyone who looks like they might be a decent player, leave the platoon after the battle, rinse, and repeat.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Chillyrabbit posted:

can you gold retrain them without losing the skill?

Yes, I haven't lost any extra perks from retraining mine to new tanks.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
In todays exciting tale of adventures in re-roll world the M3 Lee is an irredeemable pile of poo poo. The amount of bots that inhabit low tiers is astonishing annnnddddd the amount of players that have ~6 to 8k games in tier 5s and 6s are sub 300 WN8 and 43% WR is really really really loving annoying. Finally, the gap between tier 4 and 5 is still awful.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

In todays exciting tale of adventures in re-roll world the M3 Lee is an irredeemable pile of poo poo. The amount of bots that inhabit low tiers is astonishing annnnddddd the amount of players that have ~6 to 8k games in tier 5s and 6s are sub 300 WN8 and 43% WR is really really really loving annoying. Finally, the gap between tier 4 and 5 is still awful.

Should have played with me and Atom this morning - we went 8 for 9 in tier fours, getting only one top tier game where we completely murdered the poo poo out of some B2 platoon, and then got them in the next match where they were in Matildas and again murdered the poo poo out of them.

Also yes the Lee is poo poo and people who think it is fine because of the DPM are incorrect.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Lee does have one strong point: it's not the Sturer Emil

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Logged in, hit enter battle once with a random tank.

This game had it loving all.

Good shots

Failtoons (and the best Chaffee driver in the world)

Retards

Shitlords (honestly, I didn't need to contribute much)

AFK heavy and Failscouting

Shotgunning, with bonus artymad

Credits out the rear end

Not pictured: Blindshotting a 100% T34 down to 6%. Go watch it instead
http://wotreplays.com/site/2072582#el_halluf-byezimyannij-s-51

tl;dr:
arty is loving awful, never play.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I still get surprised by how much people rage these days. I imagine the really bad players just get an endless stream of abuse.