Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Of course all their examples of NPCs are super-anime girls. Of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Built myself a new glam with the Yukata I bought. It's a bit busy since I couldn't afford the specific pieces I wanted, but I'm pretty happy with it. Man, people really do go crazy with glam crystal prices though.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Niton posted:

Aether Adder are good at doing exactly one thing: Latching on to one of the two other PvP factions, forcing them to take third place and giving the win to the one they ignore. Unfortunately, they're really good at it, so they don't see a need to change things up.

I've seen a number of Aether games lately where Adders were kingmaker by just feeding kill points to IF all game. It was disgusting to see Adders have 5 points at the end.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Niton posted:

Aether Adder are good at doing exactly one thing: Latching on to one of the two other PvP factions, forcing them to take third place and giving the win to the one they ignore. Unfortunately, they're really good at it, so they don't see a need to change things up.

I've had quite a few games as Flames on Primal where Maelstrom just would not get off our dicks and basically handed Adders the win.

Duo
Aug 4, 2002
I was thinking of trying this game out a bit on my ps4. I had tried the beta a while back and downloaded the "demo" on the psn store the other day, which appears to be the full client. I guess I was hoping I'd get another trial, and if not that I'd be able to just easily purchase a copy. However on the psn store it won't allow me to purchase the A Realm Reborn/expansion bundle, telling me that I've already purchased a realm reborn (I've bought neither). I did some googling and found a few people who have had the same issue and it appears you get bounced back between Sony and square enix support when calling about it. I was wondering if anyone here has had the same issue and figured out how to solve it? In my ps4 licenses it says I have a trial subscription and the expiration date is blank :downs:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Fister Roboto posted:

I've had quite a few games as Flames on Primal where Maelstrom just would not get off our dicks and basically handed Adders the win.

I had a game as Maelstrom yesterday where two thirds of our alliance were focusing on Flames even though they had <100 points while three or four people were furiously screaming in alliance chat to stop attacking Flames because the Adders had 700 points.

It was really funny. PVP is great if you want to see people get mad at morons.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

vOv posted:

I can't be bothered to read eight pages of that garbage but has anyone called him out on that? Like ask him "Can we get some male mock ups?"

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

I can't be bothered to read eight pages of that garbage but has anyone called him out on that? Like ask him "Can we get some male mock ups?"

As far as I can tell nobody did, just people pointing out it makes literally zero sense in the plot (why would Midgardsormr work with a creation of the people that enslaved his entire species?)

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Trying to register on the ffgoons forums but the image captcha is not working at all.

Also hey, just got the game today so I'm sure I'll be joining one of your guilds eventually. :3:

Logicone
Nov 3, 2012

Fur proud service to ze Axis, I hereby avard myself und mein subordinates ze Better zan Herp Ribbon!

You get ze ribbon! Und YOU get ze ribbon! EVERYONE gets ze ribbon!

Except Herp. Arschloch.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Which GC is best for PVP then? I'm on Cactuar if that matters

I can't speak for the other GCs, but there's a decent linkshell on Cactaur for Maelstrom PVP. Maelstrom wins decently enough to make you glad you're not Adders, so it's not all doom and gloom if you don't go Flames! And you have people to yell at pubbies with and/or watch them get mad at PVP pubbies without even having to be in PVP! Also, pirate hats. I'm fairly sure that dressup is still the most important part of PVP.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Built myself a new glam with the Yukata I bought. It's a bit busy since I couldn't afford the specific pieces I wanted, but I'm pretty happy with it. Man, people really do go crazy with glam crystal prices though.

Just be like me and buy only grade 1 prisms because the eerie robe and eerie hat are level 1 items and why would you ever not want to look like an adorable potato witch??

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Logicone posted:

I can't speak for the other GCs, but there's a decent linkshell on Cactaur for Maelstrom PVP. Maelstrom wins decently enough to make you glad you're not Adders, so it's not all doom and gloom if you don't go Flames! And you have people to yell at pubbies with and/or watch them get mad at PVP pubbies without even having to be in PVP! Also, pirate hats. I'm fairly sure that dressup is still the most important part of PVP.

What's the LS name? I wonder if it's the one I'm in.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

nuru posted:

If you're on Cactuar look up Nurru Seivarl. I can help you with getting the gear.

I uhhh just sent you an invite. I forgot that my name sounds like a gold spammer. If you get a request from someone who sounds like a hobbit that's my guy. I can't /tell you anything as you're in a duty right now. Please don't blacklist poor Bumblesam Dingleshrub.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Eimi posted:

Adders motto on Aether is "...at least we tried." If you like second place, Adders is the GC for you!

I hate the adders that start the game saying get ready to lose :mad:

Niton posted:

I feel like Storm does this too, but the adders premades definitely has a hard on for flames since we know many of the Flames premades or something idk.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

bleuraindrops posted:

I hate the adders that start the game saying get ready to lose :mad:

I feel like Storm does this too, but the adders premades definitely has a hard on for flames since we know many of the Flames premades or something idk.

The flames premades aren't actually that good at winning, unfortunately, we had a premade today - from my own server - who camped out in Adder territory and just ignored objectives completely. Unsurprisingly, we lost when Adder/Mael were able to 24v16 us at nodes.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Niton posted:

The flames premades aren't actually that good at winning, unfortunately, we had a premade today - from my own server - who camped out in Adder territory and just ignored objectives completely. Unsurprisingly, we lost when Adder/Mael were able to 24v16 us at nodes.

Yeah they need to release the 8v8 Wolves' Den already so the premades can duke it out with one another instead of bringing it into FLs.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Solefald posted:

Trying to register on the ffgoons forums but the image captcha is not working at all.

Also hey, just got the game today so I'm sure I'll be joining one of your guilds eventually. :3:

I just tried it and it seems to be working fine.

Sorry, it's a pretty bad captcha system but spam registrations are ridiculous and gently caress everything up if I don't turn them on. Make sure your cache is clear and maybe try incognito/private or another browser if you keep having issues.

Logicone
Nov 3, 2012

Fur proud service to ze Axis, I hereby avard myself und mein subordinates ze Better zan Herp Ribbon!

You get ze ribbon! Und YOU get ze ribbon! EVERYONE gets ze ribbon!

Except Herp. Arschloch.

nuru posted:

What's the LS name? I wonder if it's the one I'm in.

Maelstrom Powerhouse. It was kinda dead for a while leading up to HW and during the first few weeks, but it's gotten pretty active again.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Whelp.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:chloe:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

If Minfilia becomes a Lalafell, that'd be pretty messed up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A headless lalafell, no less.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

vOv posted:

As far as I can tell nobody did, just people pointing out it makes literally zero sense in the plot (why would Midgardsormr work with a creation of the people that enslaved his entire species?)

There's also the fact that the Allagan exist in game and aren't anything like that guy's anime sexbot GitS android examples because the Allagan were just your standard fantasy trope advanced (human) civilization.

Freak Futanari posted:

If Minfilia becomes a Lalafell, that'd be pretty messed up.

Agreed. Nobody deserves that, not even Minfilia.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's also the fact that the Allagan exist in game and aren't anything like that guy's anime sexbot GitS android examples because the Allagan were just your standard fantasy trope advanced (human) civilization.

here's my idea of a race. oh, and there's going to be a dungeon populated by shodan eroticbots

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

Argas posted:

oh, and there's going to be a dungeon populated by shodan eroticbots

I'm game.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

When I google "X leveling guide" and it goes to any of these, they're all alike (shopping list, buy a grand company manual to up your xp, grind to 15 by crafting everything once in your grafting list, then do leves), are they stupidly out of date? I'm really confused by their decisions sometimes.
http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-cul-culinarian-leveling-guide-ffxivarr/2/

quote:

Level 30 Culinarian Leves Items Discussion:

[H][3] Cornmeal – Godlike. As far as I’m concerned, This is the only Leve in this tier.

If you turn in nothing but high quality cornmeal you can get 10k xp, times two, times the three times they ask you to repeat it. That's 60k

Or I could do one instance of HQ dark vinegar and get 90k after it's doubled.

How is cornmeal godlike? That it's cheap? That you only have to walk upstairs instead of teleporting to costa del sol? I'm out of allowances. If I only do three a day and I want the most XP why wouldn't I do dark vinegar? They don't explain their reasoning. I can only think the xp used to be more lopsided but was changed in recent patches.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Krinkle posted:

How is cornmeal godlike? That it's cheap? That you only have to walk upstairs instead of teleporting to costa del sol? I'm out of allowances. If I only do three a day and I want the most XP why wouldn't I do dark vinegar? They don't explain their reasoning. I can only think the xp used to be more lopsided but was changed in recent patches.

you can buy it from an NPC in Gridania so it's way faster if you have allowances to burn.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

vOv posted:

It's not like it's any dumber than yoshida's anime geisha/dbz character with dragon skin cancer race.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Krinkle posted:

When I google "X leveling guide" and it goes to any of these, they're all alike (shopping list, buy a grand company manual to up your xp, grind to 15 by crafting everything once in your grafting list, then do leves), are they stupidly out of date? I'm really confused by their decisions sometimes.
http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-cul-culinarian-leveling-guide-ffxivarr/2/

If you turn in nothing but high quality cornmeal you can get 10k xp, times two, times the three times they ask you to repeat it. That's 60k

Or I could do one instance of HQ dark vinegar and get 90k after it's doubled.

They're still pretty much right for getting to 50. You can easily get every class to 15 in the respective guildhouse just grinding through. I leveled culinarian and alchemist entirely off of buying the turn in items on the marketboard for leves and grand company turn ins. Also, do your daily GC turn ins for both seals and experience. Up through the 30s an HQ is worth about half a level and a starred HQ will get you an entire level more often than not.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
anyone ever have a problem creating an account? I had a steam account tied to my email address so I went ahead and canceled it. Trying to make a new one and they never send the confirmation codes to me. this sort of rejection reminds me of my prom night

e: nevermind

Setset fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 9, 2015

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

This game seems dauntingly vast to me and I'm not new to MMOs. Anything I should read or check out before I gently caress myself by not levelling crafting or something?

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
Read up on red scrip before you gently caress yourself by wasting time to level crafting.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
There really aren't really ways to screw yourself over in a permanent way. In terms of crafting classes you never need to level them but if you have the rights ones at 50 you can repair your own equipment anytime for cheaper. 50 happens to be what you need to repair the highest level of gear.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

The blm rotation is super easy now. fire3>fire4x3>bliz3>bliz4.

I want you to gently caress off. Nothing you post in this thread has been useful at any point in time.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Leveling all your crafters to 50 is a great idea.
Beyond that you don't really need to level them anymore unless you're just really into that. Although leveling leatherworker a bit can be nice if you have combat class retainers, since you can turn the skins into leathers which generally is more profitable than just selling the skins outright.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Bob NewSCART posted:

This game seems dauntingly vast to me and I'm not new to MMOs. Anything I should read or check out before I gently caress myself by not levelling crafting or something?
I didn't touch a crafting or gathering profession and I'm doing fine. People say you save money by repairing your own gear, but I have 2 million from the MSQ and dungeons and I never really dip below it.

But I also play a tank and get gil bonus for running my roulettes and poo poo.

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
When you repair your own gear you can go above 100% up to 199% meaning you don't have to pay attention to repairs as often and you'll never be that rear end in a top hat who starts a dungeon with gear at like 1% durability.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

All the highlander propaganda caused me to take action:

It's good to have a muscle slider.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It sucks having to wait till 4.0 to play the one true job, Samurai :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

seorin posted:

Read up on red scrip before you gently caress yourself by wasting time to level crafting.

Once I stopped pacing in my apartment cussing at hypothetical members of the dev team who came up with this system, and sat down to really plan out what I was doing, it turns out red scrip really is just Ehcatl Sealants but Moreso, which is honestly not the worst thing in the world.

If there's a criticism to make about it it's that Yoshida had said that HW was going to make crafting more accessible and user-friendly for the average player. That was a dirty, filthy lie, a lie told to all of us. When you accept that it was a lie, and look at the system as an extension of the 2.0 philosophy of "crafter progression is worse than relics and costs millions of gil" then it all clicks. If you're an Omnicrafter with more money than God you get to keep playing the crafter game and everyone else can get hosed, just like 2.0.

There's two keys to it, which are that 1) max-melded i150 can meet 2-star requirements, letting you skip Keep gear and 2) crafting materials can be sold on the open market, speeding the process for the wealthy. So the Omnicrafter with all the money can meld his gear, gather his own red scrip materials, spend money to get even more materials, and make Master gear 3-4 times faster then someone saving up for the Keep stuff. That will let the Omnicrafter cover all crafting jobs while the casual crafter who opts for Keep will only have 2-3 crafts geared up in six months.

I guarantee you that i150 is not going to be workable for 3.2 when we will likely get new recipes and you'll either need full Keep or melded Master to start them. It's exactly the same as 2.0 except the numbers are higher and the gear models are different. You're either fully into crafting or you're locked out. If you are fully into crafting then you'll be totally fine. If you're not that into it but want to be then now, and no other time but now, is when you want to make the effort. As hard as making Master stuff is now it's extremely unlikely it'll be any easier later on. They never nerfed crafter progression like they did relics.

• Locked thread