Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

:siren:All July oaths should be up to date! We will do the drawing for July prizes on the 15th so if you notice something wrong please PM me and we'll fix it!:siren:

Uroboros posted:

Krushgroove, you accepted my May Oath, but missed the completion post.

OK - Issue solved. You were in the system as completing your oath but you didn't get entered in the raffle that month! I missed it on my double check and I apologize. Not only do you have the points now, but the good karma you earned from getting screwed over meant that you ended up winning a June giveaway.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oh hey, I probably should check the spreadsheet more often. I'm missing completions from May and July, as well as Backstory and Sixpack achievements from May and Box Art from June.

You were missing the sixpack and may points because you did not earn points for the month of May.

The rules posted:

2. Don't miss out on the scoring! YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME IN THE PICTURES YOU POST TO EARN POINTS. This is very easy to do without using a photo editing program: simply write your username on a piece of paper and make sure your name is clearly visible and readable in your photo. You can also add in your name with photo-editing software (online or otherwise). PLEASE NOTE that if you take lots of pictures of your model(s), it helps everyone if you include your username in every photo, especialy if you finished several models or have different backgrounds in your photos. IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME YOU WILL NOT EARN POINTS. If you're only participating to paint your stuff and/or win monthly/quarterly prizes, you'll still be eligible for those but you WILL NOT be counted for the season-ending points totals.

The pictures that did not have your username were fixed and updated after the deadline which is why you did not earn any points. Since this was the first month and you fixed it pretty darn quick krushgoove may take mercy on you.

lovestick fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

NTRabbit, I believe you did not get points for may because your original oath here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=189023#post444929956

and you post for the completed oath, bases and all as mentioned in your original post, were after the deadline here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=189023#post446022366

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

moths posted:

Looks like I'm also missing some entries on the spreadsheet: My June oath, addition, and completion, as well as my July complete post. There's also something for May that I didn't understand, a link in the column Prize 2 TTCOMBAT brush holder - did I win something and miss it?

Wacky, everything looks correct on my end and you were entered in both the May and June prize draw. Not to mention you won a sweet brush holder in May!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
My May oath didn't get any points, but it was completed successfully.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=126494#post446003496

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Google Drive acts weird as hell on my computer, it looks fine now! Thanks for looking into it!

(I think what's happening is that Chrome shows cached, previous versions of doccuments from my phone's Drive app. It made looking at the Kings of War 2 playtest lists a garbage nightmare.)

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Claiming the Journal for the Orc Blitzer's uniform, Themed Group for the 'ard Boyz if that's a thing this year, and 6-pack of course.

Fixed!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Iris of Ether posted:

Random Shout-Out: LordAba also just donated a bunch of stuff to the North America grab bag! Pictures will be updated to that whenever I dig my camera out of a moving box soon!

Glad they showed up safe. I really wouldn't have time to paint them, and I'm way to lazy to ebay. More stuff will be coming later in the year I'm sure!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
i, nesbit37, oath for August 27 ologhai and 4 ents all by Eureka miniatures at 10mm.

Note that there are 5 Zulu in the picture but they are not in the oath.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
At long last, it's time to draw the prize for :frogsiren:Privateer Press Models Painted in June:frogsiren:! We had 21 successful entrants, with even more starting an oath, an excellent showing including several first time oath thread participants! Congratulations to every one of you who finished a project as a result of this, even if you don't win, you've still got rad painted models.

If you missed it before, here's our list of possible winners:

Signal
Electrichobo
Gareth Gobulcoque
Weirdo
Zark the Damned
Counterspin
Ledgem
Pash
Black_Nexus
Lord Aba
Dr. Gargunza
NTRabbit
moths
Fyrbrand
nopantsjack
SKI
Exinos
head58
Seamoose
Harkano
Gumdrop Larry

I've rolled the die for this list, and the winner of a shiny new 10th Anniversary Hordes Box is....

June Privateer Press Oath Thread (Season 6) Drawing 1d21 15 http://orokos.com/roll/314650
nopantsjack, you're the lucky person who walks away with this one!

PM me or email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com to claim your prize!

Thank you to all of our participants, and I hope you continue to enjoy the sixth season of our glorious Oath Thread. Stay tuned for more contests, more rad models, and more motivation!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:derp: June Judgment! :derp:

Third Place, 1 Point: Gareth Gobulcoque

Excellent color choice and shading. The blends on your frog were also fantastic.

Second Place, 2 Points: Germ

All of your terrain is very vibrant, and your placement of vegetation on these is quite tasteful. Good color choice on the pool too; it's darker in tone than the rest of the terrain but doesn't conflict with the overall look.

First Place, 3 Points: Schmetterling

I really like the scheme on your battle librarian. The gold and purple go well together while the brighter colors stand out but don't overwhelm the overall look. Good subtle highlighting on the large armor plates, too.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Germ

It's not very summery, but your pool looks incredibly stagnant (in a good way.)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

lovestick posted:

NTRabbit, I believe you did not get points for may because your original oath here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=189023#post444929956

and you post for the completed oath, bases and all as mentioned in your original post, were after the deadline here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&userid=189023#post446022366

This was my oath complete post, and it's before the deadline

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=446017522#post446017522

The post you linked was just additional photos for the album if krushgroove was willing to take them

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Is this thing on?

I, JcDent, oath these two GHQ sample packs for the month of August

One BMP-1 (seen here without a turret) , one BMP modification with ZPU on top (ZPU not pictured), 2 guns, one T-90, 8 Taliban, 9 Russian soldiers, one technical (without any guns).

All GHQ 6mm stuff from Third World Warriors and Warsaw Pact sample packs.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Let's do it on time! Oathing a full Destroyer Cult: 6 Destroyers, 6 Heavy Destroyers, and a Destroyer Lord! All GW.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Let's do it on time! Oathing a full Destroyer Cult: 6 Destroyers, 6 Heavy Destroyers, and a Destroyer Lord! All GW.

Oh god all those old metal Destroyers :stonk:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Red Shoe posted:

First Place, 3 Points: Schmetterling

I really like the scheme on your battle librarian. The gold and purple go well together while the brighter colors stand out but don't overwhelm the overall look. Good subtle highlighting on the large armor plates, too.

:yayclod: thank you so much! I've been told that it's one of my best models so far. :3:

which is good, seeing as it's a kickstarter-only model that now sells for over $100 on eBay...

Purple and gold might not be typical mercenary colours, but they sure look fancy.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

lovestick posted:

You were missing the sixpack and may points because you did not earn points for the month of May.

The pictures that did not have your username were fixed and updated after the deadline which is why you did not earn any points. Since this was the first month and you fixed it pretty darn quick krushgoove may take mercy on you.

Oh alright, my bad. If krushgroove is is merciful I will gladly take the points, but I'm mostly interested in making sure I'm in the monthly and quarterly prize raffles, and I just noticed that that doesn't seem to be dependent on having completed oaths with journals.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Minor issue - awarded a journal point in May when I did not meet criteria, no judge's point for June. Evens out in the end, but I don't know if it effects anything.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'll have a look at the times and things relevant to the posts and points, since this is the first time this has really come up it's either a 'grant mercy' moment or 'show no mercy' lesson for everyone else...mwahahaha

Mainly I just wanted to say that I've got confirmation that Prodos Games are on board for our final Grand Prize spot, KR Multicase is awesome and sending out their grand prizes and I've received the prizes from Wargames Tournaments and will be sharing all their loot real soon! They may have sent enough to cover monthly or at least quarterly prizes as well! I also have a bunch of things to add to the UK Grab Bag prize pool, so keep an eye out for that. KG out!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I vote mercy.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I vote mercy.

I'm leaning towards mercy as well, but don't tell anyone!

Also, I have prizes to mail out and prize emails to answer!

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

krushgroove posted:

I'm leaning towards mercy as well, but don't tell anyone!

Also, I have prizes to mail out and prize emails to answer!
Please honorable Mr Groove, do not let your devotion to the community blind you to the plight of the least among us.

\/\/\/ NICE! ABC of oath threading right there. But my life is hectic. My dog ate my tablet. It's against my religion to follow directions correctly. (maybe someday :ohdear: I'm still too shy).

TheCosmicMuffet fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 7, 2015

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Please honorable Mr Groove, do not let your devotion to the community blind you to the plight of the least among us.

If thee shall be a speaker for these good fellows among us, wouldst though consent to securing an Oath thyself to ensure the saving of their poor souls?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I vote mercy.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. Unless he shows true contrition in an entertaining way? Hmm.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath one Konverted Dakka-Jet GW, 28mm bladda bladda

lovely picture, I will post a new one if needed.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
You heard the man, grant him the Emperor's mercy!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

krushgroove posted:

Mainly I just wanted to say that I've got confirmation that Prodos Games are on board for our final Grand Prize spot, KR Multicase is awesome and sending out their grand prizes and I've received the prizes from Wargames Tournaments and will be sharing all their loot real soon! They may have sent enough to cover monthly or at least quarterly prizes as well! I also have a bunch of things to add to the UK Grab Bag prize pool, so keep an eye out for that. KG out!

Question: does grab bag stuff get sent out at the end of the season, or monthly? For June I mailed you with an offer to Paypal some money over to help out for all the work you do and didn't hear anything back :ohdear:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath for August the first of what will be my mighty Skorne army: Lord Tormentor Morghoul, a Titan Gladiator, and an Agonizer. Photographed very very poorly but trust me, that's what they are!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Drone posted:

Question: does grab bag stuff get sent out at the end of the season, or monthly? For June I mailed you with an offer to Paypal some money over to help out for all the work you do and didn't hear anything back :ohdear:

From the front page it looks like every month, with the option to hold all your loot until the end to help with shipping. Plus the option to pay for shipping if you are into karma.
Though obviously wait to hear back from krushgroove before freaking out too much!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

LordAba posted:

Spare the rod, spoil the child. Unless he shows true contrition in an entertaining way? Hmm.

I'm moving in a week, but once I've settled and set up my hobby desk, I'll oath something mercy related.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
(looks over the judges' posts) Thank you so much for the points from June, guys! ...And now I guess I have to step up my efforts from now on, dammit....

Now then! I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following in the month of August: (1) Ramos (Wyrd Miniatures, 28mm) and (1) Con Mousling 2015 (Reaper, whatever scale their Mousling line is supposed to be)!. Both are metal, zenithal primed; the mousemarine is in two parts.

I might add something else later, after I figure out what the hell is wrong with my airbrush. For right now, I reserve the balance of this post for peer-pressuring TheCosmicMuffet into oathing something to paint.

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

I BLEW $74K IN KICKSTARTER MONEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS UGLY AVATAR
I, bencreateddisco, oath for August, this block of pikes, which will form the core of my KoW army.

bencreateddisco fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 9, 2015

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

bencreateddisco posted:

I, bencreateddisco, oath for August, this block of pikes, which will form the core of my KoW army.

You need to post a timestamp there, broski!

See: every other oath submission thus far. Put them by a phone or PC/laptop/tablet with the World Time Server on there set to American Samoan and you're good. Also, list how many models it is too.

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

Slimnoid posted:

You need to post a timestamp there, broski!

See: every other oath submission thus far. Put them by a phone or PC/laptop/tablet with the World Time Server on there set to American Samoan and you're good. Also, list how many models it is too.

whoopsie

it's my first day

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Still needs to be American Samoa time!

I'd just lay a sheet of paper over the laptop and set the models on there instead of trying to go for that kind of awkward camera angle. It's just easier that way.

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

not the most stable before they're attached to their proper bases

edit: my brain is not working right now

bencreateddisco fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 9, 2015

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

bencreateddisco posted:

Technically you need to have the location thing in the orange text just above "The current time and date right now", but maybe you can also point to the Pago Pago mentioned further down :v:

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

bencreateddisco posted:

Could you let me know what manufacturer those are for the spreadsheet? Can't wait to see how they turn out.

lovestick fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 9, 2015

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

lovestick posted:

Could you let me know what manufacturer those are for the spreadsheet? Can't wait to see how they turn out.

My money's on Perry Brothers/Miniatures.

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

lovestick posted:

lovestick posted:

They are the Perry European Mercenaries from this set

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?products_id=2490

They look great, they just need a little cleaning up with a needle file. One thing about Perry miniatures is that everyone seems a little on the thin and small side for 28mm. But ehhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
August Oath: 1 Arrius, Skeletal Warrior from Reaper miniatures.

• Locked thread