Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The audio seesm to be out of sync for this fisticuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt doesn't like Koufi because he's in the New Day? Isn't the New Day considered one of the best things in WWE right now?

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Tae posted:

Matt doesn't like Koufi because he's in the New Day? Isn't the New Day considered one of the best things in WWE right now?

He probably hasn't kept up with it since the New Day debuted, and they were really lovely at first.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tae posted:

The New Day was awful for a long time, then they turned heel and are now one of the best parts of the WWE.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, the NU DAY was pretty lame and then it became something great when it went from "happy blacks" to an actual thing where two dudes with personalities (and kofi) could shine.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Rhonne posted:

This is the best Fisticuffs intro ever.

Pat laughing like a maniac instantly makes anything better.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh my god, they used "breaking the lemon inside you" this intro is loving amazing

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Silentman0 posted:

Pat laughing like the Joker instantly makes anything better.

Fixed.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Silentman0 posted:

Pat laughing like a maniac instantly makes anything better.

Came in here to say this. I never knew Pat laughing like a lunatic while opening up a can of Gatorade mix was something I was missing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Matt calling them 'lovely preachers' or whatever was 100% right for how they debuted and it sucked a lot of balls. Now they're just kinda a crazy high energy up beat group without the weird culty poo poo so it's just a bunch of fun wrestlers being fun, and thus awesome.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea Matt calling them 'lovely preachers' or whatever was 100% right for how they debuted and it sucked a lot of balls. Now they're just kinda a crazy high energy up beat group without the weird culty poo poo so it's just a bunch of fun wrestlers being fun, and thus awesome.

NEW DAY ROCKS.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

doos posted:

NEW DAY ROCKS.

Agreed.

Xavier Woods is the best poo poo talker.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 8, 2015

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Rhonne posted:

Agreed.

Xavier Woods is the best poo poo talker.

His LP channel is pretty good as well. I hope he's legit about wanting to learn SFV but it might have also been a huge work?

Charles Martel posted:

Came in here to say this. I never knew Pat laughing like a lunatic while opening up a can of Gatorade mix was something I was missing.

I totally missed this reference, can you fill this mark in on the action?
E: Was it a gimmick of Cactus Jack?

Also, as someone who is desperately trying to learn more, I'm assuming that the correct order of watching is OSW -> Botchamania?

DPM fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 8, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

DumbparameciuM posted:

Also, as someone who is desperately trying to learn more, I'm assuming that the correct order of watching is OSW -> Botchamania?

Pretty much yeah. OSW will teach you more about the history of the business, while Botchamania will be more comedy and people loving up.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Also, include Attitude Era Podcast after OSW. Not videos, but funny as all gently caress and informative as all hell.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Also, include Attitude Era Podcast after OSW. Not videos, but funny as all gently caress and informative as all hell.

The AE Podcast is one of the most entertaining podcasts I've ever listened to.

The Host of the Attitude Era podcast has a newer show called How2Wrestling where they quickly go over important events, and people. It's three episodes in, so they've only covered the absolute basics, John Cena and Stone Cold Steve Austin, but it's really entertaining and informative.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if Matt has watched any of Lucha Underground? It's completely insane and amazing. The company's owner is an evil mastermind with a monster brother locked up in the basement, there's a literal dragon man, a skeleton ninja, Konnan with a magic pimp cane, over arching storylines about ancient magical Aztec Medallions, Chavo feuding with all of Mexico, a man who cannot die, and this:

The first season just ended, so I recommend watching it from the beginning if you can.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 8, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WWE All-Stars (2nd Impact) seems like my type of game, because of how ridiculous it is all the time. Everyone's constantly flying up in the air doing specials, people bounce around after impacts like superballs. Would've liked it if it didn't have invisible walls around the ring so people could just go flying out of it after a slam though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Did Kinnikuman Whatevs 2 got Lenne Hardt to do announcing for it?

edit: holy poo poo it is actually lenne hardt

Dias fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 9, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Game of Thrones has one of my favorite non-choices in a video game ever with how you handle the traitor. After pleading with you and telling you he has valuable information you can choose not to kill him, if you don't kill him literally all he says is "the whitehills want to ambush you." and that's it. That's good enough apparently, he's walked off screen and never seen again. It's absurd enough as is but the fact the final scene is literally unchanged just drives home how loving garbage telltale is at writing things after TWD S1.

Rodrick is told that they're planning a ambush, he knows a very dangerous man has escaped and for the next couple weeks he does literally nothing to prepare or stop it just so there could be a choice at the end- one that ultimately won't matter as Asher got shot in the leg so they can just use Rodricks limping animations instead of making anything meaningful for the final episode.

GoT is a hot mess and it's sad to see Telltale completely crash and burn after the Sam and Max franchise and TWD:S1. If Life is Strange sticks it's landing it'll make them into a genuine laughing stock to me.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Game of Thrones has one of my favorite non-choices in a video game ever with how you handle the traitor. After pleading with you and telling you he has valuable information you can choose not to kill him, if you don't kill him literally all he says is "the whitehills want to ambush you." and that's it. That's good enough apparently, he's walked off screen and never seen again. It's absurd enough as is but the fact the final scene is literally unchanged just drives home how loving garbage telltale is at writing things after TWD S1.

Rodrick is told that they're planning a ambush, he knows a very dangerous man has escaped and for the next couple weeks he does literally nothing to prepare or stop it just so there could be a choice at the end- one that ultimately won't matter as Asher got shot in the leg so they can just use Rodricks limping animations instead of making anything meaningful for the final episode.

GoT is a hot mess and it's sad to see Telltale completely crash and burn after the Sam and Max franchise and TWD:S1. If Life is Strange sticks it's landing it'll make them into a genuine laughing stock to me.

Actually Tales from the Borderlands and Wolf Among us are cool and good.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Yeah, it seems that with TellTale working on 3-4 different games at the same time, that quality is getting diluted, and it's showing. I mean, for all we know, they are putting all their best people on the Minecraft game because they really need to think hard about how to make a story from that.

Dontnod has the benefit of having their full staff working on LiS.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
you'd think with so much money coming in telltale could slide in some time to do some engine rehauling but they constantly have like 3-4 projects at a time

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Fun fact, there are dummy files labelled "Ortengryntraitoreveal.mp3" in Game of Thrones. Basically the Maester was supposed to be the traitor but they probably changed that because if he was, then they wouldn't have a "Your choices totally have consequences guys!" reveal at who the traitor is.

Also now that GoT is over will the fan/air conditioner noises stop? Maybe it was the lack of sound effects/music that made them pop but it's just been really overbearing.

EDIT: You know, if the channel's output was nothing but nonstop Kinnikuman I'd watch that poo poo all day.

HGH fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 9, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Never played through Starfox Adventures (saw one friend do some button mashing bullshit thing and that's about it) and I'm finding something hilarious about fox being eaten, and then vomited into the sky. Fade to black and it just kinda jumps to him in a totally different area talking to a woolie mammoth about dad issues. Like shouldn't there be something between?

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
What was the most recent superbestfriendcast promo code for audible? I can't seem to remember it at the moment, and there was one single audio book I wanted to grab, so I figured I might as well get it for free.

I miss the very beginning where Woolie "hosed up" and the promo codes were just his name.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
newest rustlemania vid is loving dire

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What the gently caress was that latest video

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Tae posted:

What the gently caress was that latest video

Creepy Wrestling Bullshit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam did a pretty good job with the first part of the wrestling name on Wrestle Angels.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

newest rustlemania vid is loving dire

State of your wrestling, mate.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gently caress YOU AND YOUR PHOENIX DRIVE REFERENCE MATT

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ruggington posted:

Oh man this looks like a high quality product

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I disagree with RE:Outbreak not being playable. It's super fun and feels incredibly reminiscent of the RE1 experience, just with character abilities/gimmicks.
Its biggest problem isn't the lack of online servers, but the loading times. I dunno if it's on PS3 and they're better there, but it had to load each room for up to 10 or so seconds and that's probably the biggest damper on the experience.

And yes Grave Digger is a dick, in all definitions of the word. I liked him in Umbrella Chronicles where he turned into the silliest lightgun boss though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

I appreciated it

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

HGH posted:

I disagree with RE:Outbreak not being playable. It's super fun and feels incredibly reminiscent of the RE1 experience, just with character abilities/gimmicks.
Its biggest problem isn't the lack of online servers, but the loading times. I dunno if it's on PS3 and they're better there, but it had to load each room for up to 10 or so seconds and that's probably the biggest damper on the experience.

I always say the Outbreak games came a generation early because you were not going to get what they originally wanted out of the loving PS2 and even the stuff we did get was pretty gimped. As it stands they were only kinda alright but unique. Though I'll never forget being able to move and shoot in Outbreak 2 was such a big deal for the series that they advertised it on the back of the box.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I honestly wonder if it would have better worked on the Dreamcast or something.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Well I was going to check out the AE Podcast but all the episode links seem to be down.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Getting caught up on Life is Strange since hearing the more positive stuff recently, after quitting fairly early when it was pretty boring, holy poo poo that ep. 3 ending. Looking forward to the rest, though I'll probably at least wait until the episode is done and watch all at once because it's much more engaging that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I groaned so hard at Woolie not shutting the gently caress up with his DMC quotes in relation to the end of GoT episode 5