Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Goblin Zeplin posted:

Praise the Swole Gods. A year ago my back died (lower back hernia) because I'm 32.

Deadlifted 3 set of 5's for 225 and did not die.

gently caress you doctor who told me I couldn't do it.

Fuuuuuck you

Edit: Posting from the gym because I no longer have energy to move.
Congrats, bro! Mind over matter, of course.

To celebrate your victory, here's an inspirational video of a little guy doing squats. Maybe I should grow a mustache.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcEsmhVag1c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
It's a shame Jebany got banned, he was a unique treasure

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
moustaches are the domain of italians, blacks, muslims, and swarthy asians. if you dont have our superior moustache genes pls grow responsibly

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

It's a shame Jebany got banned, he was a unique treasure

It's good he was banned. He posted stupid incomprehensible bullshit.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

notZaar posted:

It's good he was banned. He posted stupid incomprehensible bullshit.

:chloe:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I clicked the question mark on your posts in this thread, and you really need to lighten up re: Jebany my man, like A LOT. Did you know having high blood pressure makes you lift less? It's true.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Budzilla posted:

My housemate claimed he lost 7kg when he didn't workout for 2 weeks. Why do people make up such bullshit numbers? That's almost 10% of his body weight and he is not a big person.

Thanks for reading my story.

Its water weight, I'm about 5kgs lighter after the week I take off from working out now and again.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I lost 5lbs in a week when i stopped taking that evil supplement creatine. It was the worst week of my life.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Just ate some steak, time to go lift a thing, wish me luck goons.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
godspeed Lunixnerd

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Lunixnerd posted:

take an adequate break after eating before strenuous physical exercise, please !

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Started my journey with madcow today. Couldn't squat for poo poo, my legs hurt right above my knees when I do. Like not the joints, but the muscles right on top. I foam roll each time before gym and stretch straight after, its not fair.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lunixnerd posted:

Keep doing the good work, Lunixnerd!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Wife and I got ramen for dinner then did front squats in the basement. It was a nice little Saturday.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Metanaut posted:

Started my journey with madcow today. Couldn't squat for poo poo, my legs hurt right above my knees when I do. Like not the joints, but the muscles right on top. I foam roll each time before gym and stretch straight after, its not fair.

Quadriceps tendons. Are your knees coming forward over your toes when you hit parallel?

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Trying to break my plateau of 215 on the bench so I'm doing a progressive overload of five weeks. Second week in and so far, so good. Still drinking a dozen eggs after my workouts.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
Drinking raw egg is really bad for you, idiot

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Workout update, did not die and only vomited a little in my mouth - a very successful workout.

How do I add volume work to my deadlifts? I want to get over my terminal case of bitch-back.

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

monny posted:

Drinking raw egg is really bad for you, idiot

It actually really isn't if you do more research than just https://www.google.com idiot.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Fushin posted:

It actually really isn't if you do more research than just https://www.google.com idiot.

Just a reminder, no-one ever got salmonella from drinking jizz and its basically 90% albumin anyway (and its warm when you suck it directly from the spigot :wink:)

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
stopping squats for a while, stupid thoracic extension blows, have to lean forward to much and it's putting all the weight on my toes which is loving up my knees

need more flexibility and less slouching

good news is my pullups are at 17/8/6 which is much improved. forearms are the limiting factor there as i can then move to lat pulldown with zero issue

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Lunixnerd posted:

Just a reminder, no-one ever got salmonella from drinking jizz and its basically 90% albumin anyway (and its warm when you suck it directly from the spigot :wink:)

Explain to me how it's unsafe to drink a pasteurized egg, this time without telling me about what your father made you do as a child.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
just realized i'm probably burning my forearms too fast for pullups because i've been using a close grip as opposed to the wide grip i use for lat pulldown

gently caress i'm smart as heck

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Lunixnerd posted:

Workout update, did not die and only vomited a little in my mouth - a very successful workout.

How do I add volume work to my deadlifts? I want to get over my terminal case of bitch-back.

Pick a weight that you can do a lot of reps in. Is this a mysterious concept to you?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Fushin posted:

Explain to me how it's unsafe to drink a pasteurized egg, this time without telling me about what your father made you do as a child.

Pfft, like I would know, I'm not some high-falutin' science man, just suggesting a tasty alternative to gulping down a bowl of cold goo after a workout.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Lunixnerd posted:

I've had a lot of success working up to a heavy set of 3-5 or two followed by a 2-3 sets of not quite as heavy weight for a set or two.

Like I'd do 240 x 5 then 200 or 210 x 5 x 2

If that 240 x 5 isn't an absolute max then you could do even more sets

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do steroids:coolfish:

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Lunixnerd posted:

Pfft, like I would know, I'm not some high-falutin' science man, just suggesting a tasty alternative to gulping down a bowl of cold goo after a workout.

Unlike sucking a cock dry you don't take the eggs down in one big load. One egg at a time, shot style.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Fushin posted:

Still drinking a dozen eggs after my workouts.

I too hate money

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I drank a glass of several eggs once and I didn't die. It tasted like tasteless slime

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Dum Cumpster posted:

I've had a lot of success working up to a heavy set of 3-5 or two followed by a 2-3 sets of not quite as heavy weight for a set or two.

Like I'd do 240 x 5 then 200 or 210 x 5 x 2

If that 240 x 5 isn't an absolute max then you could do even more sets

Oh and increase the heavy set each week and the back off sets like every other unless they're too easy

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Fushin posted:

Unlike sucking a cock dry you don't take the eggs down in one big load. One egg at a time, shot style.

Lightweight brah, you have to do it like this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_swvt0CLsc

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Zahgaegun posted:

I too hate money

a dozen eggs is like $2.50

that's a pretty cheap mean sir

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Dum Cumpster posted:

Oh and increase the heavy set each week and the back off sets like every other unless they're too easy

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Lunixnerd posted:

Lightweight brah, you have to do it like this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_swvt0CLsc

he dead

irl

rip dead asian hulk man

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121785751&page=1

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Lunixnerd posted:

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

:cheers:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I hope ridiculous scare stories about protein powder drive the price down

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone have some good links to a recipe I can follow to make a good pwo from powdercity poo poo, sick of paying out the rear end for pwo

also lol I ordered an 11lb bag of protein from amazon and they goofed and sent me 2 for price of one, owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
take a caffeine pill

• Locked thread