Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I need to work on the details, but is anyone interested in getting together next Sunday for some private matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son
Got to South Pole King, won most of my games against the North but still felt pretty close overall. Had to stop playing when (as a NZer) all the Euros started waking up and having crazy lag.

It was great getting a solid block of play on Camp Triggerfish, I've only been able to have a couple of gos at it since it came out.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

how do I glitch the town so that this appears on every billboard

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Look you drat pubbies, this isn't Splatzones; get off the drat hill in Arowana Mall and keep pushing forward :cripes:.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Holy poo poo

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Got onto a great team, playing Krak-on Roller myself, and the rest of the weapon likeup had a blaster, an aerospray and a charger.

We wrecked face, had good synergy, and everyone had their function. As the roller, I tended to be the one who pushed deep into enemy turf.

Then there was some connection error and I lost my awesome teammates :(

Also jfc Moray Towers is near impossible to make a comeback on if you get pushed back in the initial clash.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got to the rank below the top one and tbh was actually thankful when I had to suddenly go out. Especially with Towers on the rotation. Might have beaten out Skatepark for the title of my least favourite level.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Cheer up, you won the category that mattered!

But they lost the category that mattered 256-244?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hot Dogs lost because I didn't play this splatfest. I'm not counting this against me, I still have a perfect splatfest score.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

KennyMan666 posted:

Got onto a great team, playing Krak-on Roller myself, and the rest of the weapon likeup had a blaster, an aerospray and a charger.

We wrecked face, had good synergy, and everyone had their function. As the roller, I tended to be the one who pushed deep into enemy turf.

Then there was some connection error and I lost my awesome teammates :(

Also jfc Moray Towers is near impossible to make a comeback on if you get pushed back in the initial clash.

Moray Towers is impossible if the other team just brings a half-decent Splat-Charger.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Hot Dogs lost because I didn't play this splatfest. I'm not counting this against me, I still have a perfect splatfest score.

Same

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Finally, I'm a monarch on the winning side.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i have no regrets. i inked with all my might and put the fear of buckets in my foes.

but goddamn is going back to regular matchmaking after splatfest depressing. during splatfest i actually managed to splat a roller mid-swing and wasn't immediately splatted by his vengeful spirit. no such luck anymore. now it's back to japanese insomniacs ignoring my shots and killing me in two misses with an aerospray.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

hambeef posted:

how do I glitch the town so that this appears on every billboard

What's the reference?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Not a Children posted:

What's the reference?

Pokey the Penguin

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just had an utterly disgusting round on Arowana Mall - we locked the other team on their spawnpoint for the full final minute :allears:.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Come on, man, you can't just post that without giving us a link to :yeah: it at!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't believe Hot Dog had more wins, we were getting killed every game when I played, and for the first time I didn't have a positive vibe during a Splatfest.

That said, I have still managed to pick the team with the best win percentage every time, so I got that going for me.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I had a lot of fun this Splatfest, and personally performed at my best. Most matches were victories, but I never thought we'd win the popularity contest. I'm also proud of my Miiverse post: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkWCQFytA

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I need to work on the details, but is anyone interested in getting together next Sunday for some private matches?

I'm in depending on the time.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Camp Triggerfish is not a roller-friendly map.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Join the Discord.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Anyone want to get a squad going? I'm in Discord

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Aaaand that's that. North Pole vs South Pole ended, now to wait for the results.

Me and my .52 Gal made a sizable contribution to the South side. Hopefully it was enough to cover the... marginal error.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I think I may have won marginally more games for North than I lost. Maybe. :confuoot:

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Doom Goon posted:

That's funny and all but... if you're up there wouldn't it make more sense to push/pince :confused:
Depends on what's happening elsewhere on the map. In a ranked match where the players are good? Definitely. In turf war/splatfest? I would have 2/3 of their team wasting time trying to kill me while my team covered the entire rest of the map, which made what I was doing there more valuable than anything else I could do. And if I aimed my seekers toward their little alternate campground area, the ones that didnt kill anyone filled my inkstrikes super fast and got me a lot of points, especially since the first thing anyone did upon respawning was try to reclaim the ink around the base. But yeah, I did have to keep an eye on the map to make sure what I was doing was valuable in the context of what my team was doing -- if anyone jumped to me then I left and did something else, because having 2 players doing that was a waste.

Second splatfest I've gotten 24 snails in. Woo! So much gear with 3 slots now.

Star Guarded fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 9, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Aaaand that's that. North Pole vs South Pole ended, now to wait for the results.

Me and my .52 Gal made a sizable contribution to the South side. Hopefully it was enough to cover the... marginal error.

This one really could go either way, I think. Let's hope enough Aussies gave those drat eurotrash in the North the boot. :australia:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
OK, first loss of the day - time to smoke up & squad up.

E: Also, wow, it's kind of hitting me how much better tilt controls are than stick. It took a lot more getting used to, but it was worth playing through some single player stages again to do so. It helped to have the charger challenges from the Inkling girl Amiibo.

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 9, 2015

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It bothers me more than if should that that guy draws Marie with green hair all the time.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Close one but the victories beat out the popularity.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Dastardly posted:

Close one but the victories beat out the popularity.

A bittersweet victory. I'm so sorry Callie. :(

Lurkcopter
Aug 6, 2013
I had a pretty good time this splatfest. All the maps definitely favoured long range, which meant I got some really good use out of my favourites nozzlenose and custom dual squelcher. It's really easy to hold up the entire enemy team when you out-range each and every one of them and most of them have no idea how to deal with it.

Teams of aerospray golden boys were still really annoying though. All those inkstrikes...

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Well that was fun, the bucket is an amazing weapon, I managed to get to rank B- once splatfest was over. Anyway my NNID is RadnomPhantom (sic) , if you ever want to play with a lovely squiffer user.

Also the aerospray is really good for turf war, I used it for a map to get over a losing streak and I got over 1000 p. :stare:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Surprised popularity was that close. Do people hate christmas over there or something?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Penguins are too cute to deny.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
South Pole is a proper continent and not a bunch of melting ice.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
I blame the ANZACs for keeping the popularity vote so close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Wait, Marie won? That can't be right...

• Locked thread