Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SatansBestBuddy posted:

My question is why the gently caress are there two webcomics about girls as torso's with invisible arms?

Three?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

My question is why the gently caress are there two webcomics about girls as torso's with invisible arms?

Your regdate suggests that you did not, in fact, stumble directly out from under a rock to a public terminal, but, um, the answer is more than likely related to the fact that some folks find it hot for whatever reason.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Willendorf
The armless/big tits combo goes back a ways, too.

Anywho, back to funny images (please?)

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

flosofl posted:

That movie is getting poo poo on by *everyone*. Rotten Tomatoes has it at 9% positive.

EDIT: Hahahaha

content:

That reviewer must not remember Fraggle Rock very well because that poo poo got raw at times. Don't compare this Fantastic Four movie to Fraggle Rock. Fraggle Rock is loving amazing. :(

Chiparus
May 7, 2012

Red_October_7000 posted:

:eng101: Probably not armless-- those may be her arms are resting over her boobs.

I love ugly medieval art babies and their weird expressions.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Vanderdeath posted:

IIRC, that guy took his websites down since he's trying to have an actual career in graphic design and art but people saved literally all of his poo poo so it's likely gonna pop up whenever you Google him now.

A lot of it is still on his tumblr so he did a piss-poor job if he was trying to scour it from his past.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Chiparus posted:

:eng101: Probably not armless-- those may be her arms are resting over her boobs.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Oh hey, I did a thing to this one awhile back :)

BooLoo has a new favorite as of 14:51 on Aug 9, 2015

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmaEtUUPyE

An oldie but a goody, probably only enjoyable if you enjoy :420:

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Red_October_7000 posted:

Your regdate suggests that you did not, in fact, stumble directly out from under a rock to a public terminal, but, um, the answer is more than likely related to the fact that some folks find it hot for whatever reason.

The Venus of Villendorf has arms, you Vierdo.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:

Chiparus posted:

In case anyone is curious, the reasoning I was always taught for medieval Jesuses being so ugly is that they were painted not to look like babies, but rather given manly features since Jesus was no normal baby.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Baby getting fresh

Also has a pretty nice set of abs on him

I'm going to call him Guido, judging from the chain around his neck

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Sappo569 posted:

Baby getting fresh

I'm going to call him Guido, judging from the chain around his neck

How can you tell from a chain that he's a wild romantic rover?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Sappo569 posted:

Baby getting fresh

Those aren't abs!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Our Lord and savior's packin' heat

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

RolandTower posted:

And hands if you look carefully.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

RolandTower posted:

Wrong Venus.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this was from a couple of pages back but get this:

dongbirds

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

That had arms originally, they were just broken before it was found.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I did not know this.

Thanks, thread. Thead.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Chiparus posted:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

RatHat posted:

That had arms originally, they were just broken before it was found.

You know, it's just really a shame we don't have any more sculptors doing Flesh-in-Stone.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

You know, it's just really a shame we don't have any more sculptors doing Flesh-in-Stone.

How about Flesh-in-Flesh-in-Stone?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

flosofl posted:

How about Flesh-in-Flesh-in-Stone?

That's neat. Is that real and hand carved?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

That's neat. Is that real and hand carved?

I think so? I remember seeing this a while ago when tumblr lost their loving poo poo about it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like that and they should put it in front of every gym.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like that and they should put it in front of every gym.

Huh, why?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cuz he likes it

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

this was from a couple of pages back but get this:

dongbirds

noice

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Blue Pyramid posted:

In case anyone is curious, the reasoning I was always taught for medieval Jesuses being so ugly is that they were painted not to look like babies, but rather given manly features since Jesus was no normal baby.

If memory serves a lot of church art was ultimately commissioned by wealthy people as a way to get into heaven. This was especially true of those people kneeling outside of paintings. Those were painted to be the people who commissioned the art to buy their way into God's good graces. In the case of paintings of baby Jesus with his mom sometimes the paintings would have the face of whoever paid for it put on baby Jesus. Which is unbelievable hubris.

Which is part of why old church art can look very weird in general. It was often painted to deliberately glorify the people that were paying for it. Which was ironic because they were often rich oligarchs or shithead nobles who were kind of going against what Jesus actually taught.

Oh hey the peasants living on the land are hungry and their lives kind of suck. Nah gently caress it, better pay for a painting.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If memory serves a lot of church art was ultimately commissioned by wealthy people as a way to get into heaven. This was especially true of those people kneeling outside of paintings. Those were painted to be the people who commissioned the art to buy their way into God's good graces. In the case of paintings of baby Jesus with his mom sometimes the paintings would have the face of whoever paid for it put on baby Jesus. Which is unbelievable hubris.

Which is part of why old church art can look very weird in general. It was often painted to deliberately glorify the people that were paying for it. Which was ironic because they were often rich oligarchs or shithead nobles who were kind of going against what Jesus actually taught.

Oh hey the peasants living on the land are hungry and their lives kind of suck. Nah gently caress it, better pay for a painting.

I guess that explains these guys, then. Found 'em with text on.

My usual thought was "have these people even seen a baby before?"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So nothing has changed much.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

It's the Garbage Pail Kids family.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Red_October_7000 posted:

My usual thought was "have these people even seen a baby before?"

The people making those were probably dark-ages / middle-ages monastary monks, so the answer is probably actually no

of course i just made that up

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Ugh. Losing that much weight doesn't leave you with skin tight enough for six-pack abs.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

queserasera posted:

Ugh. Losing that much weight doesn't leave you with skin tight enough for six-pack abs.

Top half should be a flying squirrel.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

queserasera posted:

They're chiseled abs.

opposite day
Nov 13, 2010

New Leaf posted:

It's the Garbage Pail Kids family.

Fernando Botero likes em thick

i love that fuckin clown, he is absolutely sublime

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

opposite day posted:

Fernando Botero likes em thick

Looks like a centurion from Asterix.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
"The Amazing Atheist (Obese Manchild with Picopenis)"
Artist: Fernando Botero
Media: Solidified sludge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Pretty big penis.

• Locked thread