Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

run the sybil sister dungeons

Sybil Sister's are long done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Had some free time today so I sat down to catch up on all the trials and GGC I hadn't done. Completed Alfa, Seria, Karl Ex's trials and Melchio and Lira's GGC just by using double Tridon leaders with Zenia, Elimo, Aaron, Kikuri and going in blind with five revives and fujins. Really surprised at how pretty easy going it was.

Tridon has to be the best PVE unit in the game by far now since I'm pretty sure his shield breaks a lot of the threshold attacks given my guys would survive almost everything without needing to guard. His BB also heals and with two Tridon leads, I was able to keep a max shield up at nearly all times (especially with Aaron and Zenia's BBs) and my guys had anywhere from 14k to 20k HP.

On a side note, Lira's GGC took me about an hour to finish and almost killed my battery. Make sure you have access to a charger and a lot of free time to complete it since grinding Oulu down takes forever.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sloober posted:

Pretty sure they fixed Tridon's shield so it's not a problem like that anymore,

There's apparently something weird in the coding of Winged Mashreed that makes it spam Removal Bath if it detects Tridon's shield.

Also, the shield still interferes with Guarding, afaik.

EDIT: Managed to get a summon ticket and 15 gems, let's do this.

Dion (B): can't complain, really, even if it'll be hard to choose him over a maxed out Ruby or Medina
Fang (A): Dupe #1
Darvanshel (L): Dupe #2, was really hoping for an Elimo :sigh:
Raaga (G): :woop: Worst possible typing but I can't really complain

Bonus: Elaina (B): drat it, I was hoping to be done with that Raid X1 poo poo :suicide:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 8, 2015

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Medal Rush is active in Global for the weekend. Farm and horde the medals for whenever Gumi decides to implement Imp Arton and Burst Emperor into slots!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I'm seriously getting tired of juggling my Lexida back and forth from Len and Selena based on if I'm doing Arena or questing... (EDIT: Turns out that Selena's dropchecks are ludicrous for her hitcount and the Angel Idol buff is reason enough to keep her in an Arena team, too, so Len just gets hosed) is there any easy place where I can find what spheres (and Extra Skills/UBBs, for that matter) have the "double hit count" effect of Lexida? All I could find was rewards from the Halloween event ages ago and a prize from a super-high arena rank.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 8, 2015

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I've come back to this after a few month's away and spent 50bux on the ticket pack 2 and 3.

Summon highlights: Deimos, Toutetsu, 2x Reis, Rinon, Claire, Kagura, Raaga, Bestie (oracle :v: ), Loch (never gotten him before), Vernil, Yuura, Balgran and Zenia.

I think I won the loving Brave Frontier jackpot here guys :getin:

edit: I realise I now have a metric fuckload of 7* to evolve... On top of those I have basically every older unit that has a 7* evo now, Tridon/Ultor included. Way to suck me back in Gumi. All I'm missing from the entire series of units released since the Alpha batch is Oguro, Aaron, Nemethgear and Ruby.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Aug 8, 2015

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

I'm seriously getting tired of juggling my Lexida back and forth from Len and Selena based on if I'm doing Arena or questing... (EDIT: Turns out that Selena's dropchecks are ludicrous for her hitcount and the Angel Idol buff is reason enough to keep her in an Arena team, too, so Len just gets hosed) is there any easy place where I can find what spheres (and Extra Skills/UBBs, for that matter) have the "double hit count" effect of Lexida? All I could find was rewards from the Halloween event ages ago and a prize from a super-high arena rank.

Those are it. Sinister Orb and Hallowed Skull from the Halloween event and the high Arena rank reward. The other option is to load up your arena team with units that have the +1 hit Extra skill. Raaga, Zenia (with her rd orb equipped), Bestie, and Selena (for Angel Idol failsafe with Lexida). Throw in Quaid lead and you got a "5/5 full SBB on turn 2" team.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.

nightwisher posted:

[...]All I'm missing from the entire series of units released since the Alpha batch is [...]

:ducksiren:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Well I did it. I made a drat text document to keep track of all my guys. What a pain in the bum.

Dewey come back to me. I love you.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Poala Bear posted:

Those are it. Sinister Orb and Hallowed Skull from the Halloween event and the high Arena rank reward. The other option is to load up your arena team with units that have the +1 hit Extra skill. Raaga, Zenia (with her rd orb equipped), Bestie, and Selena (for Angel Idol failsafe with Lexida). Throw in Quaid lead and you got a "5/5 full SBB on turn 2" team.

My current arena team (Medina lead, Ruby, Griel, Selena w/Lexida, Len) is about a 75% chance of turn 2 5/5 Full SBB as it stands, and 100% turn 2 5/5 BB-ready on Empty BB Start, so I'm pretty content. The only times I lose are when BBs/SBBs don't proc (or when Len's procs but nobody else's does, ughhh he would be so much better if his BB and SBB were swapped...) though I'm noticing that I'm starting to lose more and more with No Brave Bursts active.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Been running Zenia lead for arena with lance, Selena and ruby. 95% of the time I have enough to BB on NY second turn and with Zenia in the first spot she will usually max my other three's SBB. Lance is my most consistent to follow with an SBB, and Selena is amazing with her godess idol. Zenia's 80% attack buff means I win most of the time when BB is deactivated as well.

CashEnsign fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 8, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

With colt for a leader and enough sol creators to get SBB more often than not I win every arena match except when I get unlucky with BB procs or go against a real hard hitting team that turns around and kills 2 or more of my dudes with their regular attacks. Even with all of my guys over 10k hp that still happens every now and then. I'm considering changing leads to something like quaid or toutetsu and stacking on the damage in addittion to the sol creators. I think if I could just get BB up instead of SBB up I'd win just as often and when I had empty BB start or no-BB random rules hitting hard enough to kill their team with regular attacks would win the rest of the matches.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I still arena with Kikuri/Claire/Colt/Selene/Magress because :effort: but I'm considering a switch to Ultor/Zenia/Selene/Colt/Claire with Zenia in the first spot for the rare chance I wouldn't have BBs on everyone on round 2. Plus Ultor still seems like a better LS than Zenia for the arena since the spark BB gauge thing is generally worthless and the BB damage boost might only be necessary when BBing with only a single unit and hitting an opposing element.

And even then, if it's Colt he could probably kill an enemy Deimos on his own as long as his BB crits.

e: Or maybe I should lead with Sixgear. His LS is basically Ares Excelsior + BB damage boosting (like Zenia) isn't it?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I still arena with Kikuri/Claire/Colt/Selene/Magress because :effort: but I'm considering a switch to Ultor/Zenia/Selene/Colt/Claire with Zenia in the first spot for the rare chance I wouldn't have BBs on everyone on round 2. Plus Ultor still seems like a better LS than Zenia for the arena since the spark BB gauge thing is generally worthless and the BB damage boost might only be necessary when BBing with only a single unit and hitting an opposing element.

And even then, if it's Colt he could probably kill an enemy Deimos on his own as long as his BB crits.

e: Or maybe I should lead with Sixgear. His LS is basically Ares Excelsior + BB damage boosting (like Zenia) isn't it?

Nemethgear is what you said; Ares and BB damage.

Ultor/Quaid imo are better leads than Zenia and crit leads. Since their LS boost the attack stats, your first turn (where you only do normal attacks) will guarantee you will gently caress poo poo up, especially Ultor boosting damage done to weaker elements. Crit leads are only good IF you crit. Quaid is great if you can field a good rainbow team. Ultor doesn't have the restriction, but offers a lesser attack boost.

My arena team is

Zenia (for BB fill)
Ultor (angel idol)
Quaid (lead)
Selena (angel idol)
Raaga

With 3/5 of my units having +1 hit effects from ES/orbs, and Quaid's LS, I kill 2-4 opponents on my first turn easily due to sheer raw damage. It's great. If I ever get a Bestie (another +1 hit ES unit) she'll replace my Ultor.

edit: vvv You're right, he is last in my list; simply to generate lots of BC on my first turn.

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 9, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Ragas is great for BB filling in arena but his BB only procs if someone on the enemy team is >25% health. I kept him low on the list but a lot of times he wouldn't proc for me

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I've been using a Sefia lead with Atro/Selena/Raaga/Kira and have 582 consecutive wins. The secret is Selena is the zombie queen of the arena for a reason. +100% attack usually means they wipe out a unit or three on the first round, too.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

The secret is Selena is the zombie queen of the arena for a reason.

The problem is when you pit zombie queen against zombie queen and the AI doesn't focus fire enough to kill anybody.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

I've been using a Sefia lead with Atro/Selena/Raaga/Kira and have 582 consecutive wins. The secret is Selena is the zombie queen of the arena for a reason. +100% attack usually means they wipe out a unit or three on the first round, too.

Are you playing with the random rules? I'm at Gleam now and there's no way for me to maintain a 3 digit consecutive win ratio since the RNG or the random rules will inevitably screw you over. No BBs generally make a win harder but the worst one was when I had all five of my guys paralyzed due to the status effects.

I can't imagine trying to get that challenge done now if you couldn't cheese it.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

Are you playing with the random rules? I'm at Gleam now and there's no way for me to maintain a 3 digit consecutive win ratio since the RNG or the random rules will inevitably screw you over. No BBs generally make a win harder but the worst one was when I had all five of my guys paralyzed due to the status effects.

I can't imagine trying to get that challenge done now if you couldn't cheese it.

Selena with refined gem and Lexida: the ultimate Arena Clutch.

Pilkington
Nov 5, 2005

You see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela
I run Kanon in my first slot for his status ailment cure and because I've been too lazy to redo my arena team. I've had random rules paralyze but then Kanon fires his BB/SBB and everybody is back in business. And he'll never get any status ailment because of his ES.

Been running this team:

Quaid (Lead) - Malice, Sol
Kanon - Malice, Sol
Selena - Lexida, Sol
Atro - Urias, Sol
Feeva - Malice, Sol

Sitting at 1253 win streak and 498 consecutive win since they started recording it with the arena update. I guess it's probably harder at your rank but even at Bia, full 7* teams are common.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

The problem is when you pit zombie queen against zombie queen and the AI doesn't focus fire enough to kill anybody.

Opposing teams don't have their actual BB levels so the enemy 7* units don't have an ES boosting them. Not that terrible RNG with focus fire isn't an issue just like you can still go 0/5 for BB activations which almost guarantees the other team is about to wreck your day and make your only hope a Selene (S)BB activation if she didn't get focused on round 1.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Good news everyone.

http://dewey.zapto.org/

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
The Lord is risen!

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc&t=39s

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

He says:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
My enemy in Raid X2 is going to be the clock, isn't it?

Or is it going to be game crashes?

E: It's game crashes. Phaeton is actually so powerful he cannot be fought.

Orange Fluffy Sheep fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 10, 2015

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

My enemy in Raid X2 is going to be the clock, isn't it?

Or is it going to be game crashes?

E: It's game crashes. Phaeton is actually so powerful he cannot be fought.

Centurion alone is apparently not that bad. I haven't actually gotten up to RC4 (:effort:) so I can't confirm.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Soloing the X2 raids is a bad idea because even if you can do a poo poo load of damage, so can they raid boss and until we can run the crit damage/hp/atk leader in the next(?) batch going full offense against centurion is a good way to get destroyed. I keep seeing people with Raaga+[some other dps leader] teams and they get killed 1-2 times by the boss usually. Even running Zenia/Tridon Centurion can and will pick a person and decide they have to die from full hp through Tridon's shield and Darvanshell's mitigation whether I like it or not. Aside from that he's not too bad, he just has a shitload of HP to check through since Zenia/Colt/Claire/Darvanshell/Kanon + hypermax Tridon buddies do maybe 5-8% damage per round when everyone has a SBB to fire.

I did manage to get 3 star contribution when I ran it the other day so I could make Forgebreaker due to said suicide players though since I ended up doing probably 60% of the damage by myself. Got the void chunk since it seems to be a 100% drop rate for 2+ star contribution and now I have all 4 Athenasphere spheres. :toot:

e: If newer players want to get up through Raid Classes I'm fine with doing a raid or 3 to get people their clears since I'm not farming anything currently. I really should finish the RC4 stuff and achieve RC5 though...

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 11, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Evil Fluffy posted:

Soloing the X2 raids is a bad idea because even if you can do a poo poo load of damage, so can they raid boss and until we can run the crit damage/hp/atk leader in the next(?) batch going full offense against centurion is a good way to get destroyed. I keep seeing people with Raaga+[some other dps leader] teams and they get killed 1-2 times by the boss usually. Even running Zenia/Tridon Centurion can and will pick a person and decide they have to die from full hp through Tridon's shield and Darvanshell's mitigation whether I like it or not. Aside from that he's not too bad, he just has a shitload of HP to check through since Zenia/Colt/Claire/Darvanshell/Kanon + hypermax Tridon buddies do maybe 5-8% damage per round when everyone has a SBB to fire.

I did manage to get 3 star contribution when I ran it the other day so I could make Forgebreaker due to said suicide players though since I ended up doing probably 60% of the damage by myself. Got the void chunk since it seems to be a 100% drop rate for 2+ star contribution and now I have all 4 Athenasphere spheres. :toot:

e: If newer players want to get up through Raid Classes I'm fine with doing a raid or 3 to get people their clears since I'm not farming anything currently. I really should finish the RC4 stuff and achieve RC5 though...

Your friend list is full. :( I just made it to the first RC3 x2 raid. Scared to try and solo it with my Zenia Tridon team but I really want her sphere.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I only have to do the very last quest to hit RC5 but I haven't gotten past X2. I don't even know what I would want to grind for so I just keep doing the main raid line when I have time. 3 imp altrons for hitting RC5, thats like 36 imps.

Have they said when super honor summon/fusion rate up starts? With the 1/2 energy vortex dungeons I've done a few mega metal parades and now I have about 120 gods/crystals filling up my unit box that I'm waiting for a rate up to spend.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Agent355 posted:

I only have to do the very last quest to hit RC5 but I haven't gotten past X2. I don't even know what I would want to grind for so I just keep doing the main raid line when I have time. 3 imp altrons for hitting RC5, thats like 36 imps.

Have they said when super honor summon/fusion rate up starts? With the 1/2 energy vortex dungeons I've done a few mega metal parades and now I have about 120 gods/crystals filling up my unit box that I'm waiting for a rate up to spend.

You can save space and make "XP batteries" by fusing your gods/crystals to fodder units. They retain the XP value pumped into them, and you can then fuse your Burny that's worth a million XP into another unit later. Same element XP boost rules still apply, I'm not joking about the million XP Burny.

e: Maintenance on the 13th, new quest map, Oulu, Tree, Will 7*s, level up campaign 100-150. RC5 soon also.

Damegane fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 11, 2015

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I always just start the raid by myself and people join in. I don't think I've ever had the more popular raids not fill up.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Damegane posted:

You can save space and make "XP batteries" by fusing your gods/crystals to fodder units. They retain the XP value pumped into them, and you can then fuse your Burny that's worth a million XP into another unit later. Same element XP boost rules still apply, I'm not joking about the million XP Burny.

e: Maintenance on the 13th, new quest map, Oulu, Tree, Will 7*s, level up campaign 100-150. RC5 soon also.

Is there zero exp loss on this? Couldn't you user this to increase the xp per crystal?

Feed a 10000 exp fire crystal to burny for 15000 exp. Feed fire burny to fire guy for 22500 exp. Round numbers for ease of reading.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Damegane posted:

you lose a lot of XP doing this.

edit: most data i've read gives me a 30% loss on a normal Like-element fusion chain.

This doesn't take into account super or great successes so you could get lucky and actually gain more than individually fusing units.

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 11, 2015

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Now it's crashing before I can even get to a boss.

Uprising is impossible. Anyone who has the spheres for SBS units must be cheating.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Now it's crashing before I can even get to a boss.

Uprising is impossible. Anyone who has the spheres for SBS units must be cheating.

I did about twenty runs to get my 4 spheres. Did then across multiple platforms (windows, amiduos, ipad,) and didn't get crashed. What I did get was poo poo scores until I went in with a super defensive team. Then I started getting 3 and 4 stars and had my chunks really quickly.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
That'd be helpful if I could theoretically complete the quest. I didn't have problems before Uprising and now Uprising is consistently failing.

First time it was the Colosseum, which is where Phaeton sits so it made the quest impossible. Next it was The Great Portal, and since it would take like eight minutes to reach the Obelisk from the other way around I just gave up.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Using fire crystal >> fodder Burny >> Vargas for all examples here.

Gerdalti posted:

Is there zero exp loss on this? Couldn't you user this to increase the xp per crystal?

Feed a 10000 exp fire crystal to burny for 15000 exp. Feed fire burny to fire guy for 22500 exp. Round numbers for ease of reading.

Nope, with your scenario, Vargas will get 15000xp from Burny. The element bonus doesn't stack multiple times.

echofriendly posted:

you lose a lot of XP doing this.

edit: most data i've read gives me a 30% loss on a normal Like-element fusion chain.

This doesn't take into account super or great successes so you could get lucky and actually gain more than individually fusing units.

You don't actually lose any XP. I'd tested with crystals; 1 crystal gives about 150k XP, plus element bonus is about 220k XP. I threw 5 of them into a like-element fodder, (theoretically) giving it a bit over 1.1m XP stored. Then, I went to level a unit, selected that one XP battery fodder alone, and the "XP your guy is gonna get from all these fodder you selected" readout at the bottom right showed 1.1m XP as well.

You can do some low-cost experimenting yourself and feed a few mimics to a fodder and see how much XP that fodder gives when you select just him alone. Mimics are good for this because they always give the same amount of XP, no need to worry about levels mucking up the numbers.

Also, you can get great and super successes with XP batteries too, it's just that a great/super success on crystal >> Burny doesn't carry over to Burny >> Vargas. It'll have to be a great/super on the Burny >> Vargas fusion for Vargas to get any bonus other than element bonus.

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt

Something is wrong with my math or yours, or im not doing it right.

lvl 1 nick is worth 1534 xp
Dragon Mimic is worth 6520

fused him into nick for a great success i.e. 9780 xp

fused nick into edit:Claire for....8169 xp.

please help me understand where you dont lose xp.

echofriendly fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

CashEnsign posted:

Your friend list is full. :( I just made it to the first RC3 x2 raid. Scared to try and solo it with my Zenia Tridon team but I really want her sphere.

I added another 5 slots so you should be able to add me now.

Damegane posted:

Keep in mind this only works if the unit isn't at max level yet.

Also if you feed 5 crystals to a same-element unit and get a SUPER Success then that unit's worth more XP than the 5 crystals were on their own. I had a 2* Vargas that I fed to Claire(?) awhile back and he was worth about 1.3million XP. I got a GREAT Success on that feed as well. :getin:

Still it's only worth doing if you really need to save space.

My team does feel like cheating sometimes.

• Locked thread