Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's easier to see the shortcuts and off model moments now picture quality is much improved. It's poo poo all around. DB/DBZ/GT or Super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

I dunno why but this reminds of the Vegito side-vignette in DBM.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Fat Buu is the best character. There, I said it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
i hope the backlash is so massive toei goes bankrupt so either mappa or madhouse can remake dragonball with proper animation

there

i said it

it wasn't going to happen anyway but i feel better this way

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

But Madhouse is already doing OPM!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So is DBS good or bad?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

facebook jihad posted:

So is DBS good or bad?

I say good.

Caros
May 14, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

So is DBS good or bad?

Good with a but. If you've watched the new movies it is frustrating right now because we are in recap budget mode. You've seen all of this already, and you saw it more consise and with a higher budget. Once they move past battle of the gods the show should get good until it hits resurrection of F and then wander a bit until it gets past that.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Kild posted:

But Madhouse is already doing OPM!

that's barely gonna last one season

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The ending of Resurrection F is even more horse poo poo in the actual movie than it sounded in spoilers, lol. It was a fun movie though and I love Jaco.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I dunno, turning Resurrection F into an arc good be really good.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Some Numbers posted:

All those scenes where zillions of freeza's goons get served, except on a cheap anime budget. It'll be hilarious for the wrong reasons.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
You know, after watching Super ep 5, I have to agree, the animation looks horrible.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

We'll finally see 18 and Yamcha's adventures

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

New Leaf posted:

You know, after watching Super ep 5, I have to agree, the animation looks horrible.

Still better then the Sailor Moon relaunch.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Chances are the RoF arc will probably add in more heavy hitter characters so it isn't just a battle with an army.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dragon Ball Super has been okay so far. Episodes 1 to 3 were good, Episode 4 was dull content wise but visually okay. Episode 5 was absolutely garbage animation and not great for fighting, either. The next episode seems like it will be good because how can you go wrong with wacky Vegeta antics?

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Silver95280 posted:

Episode 5

During fight scene:

Helloooo new avatar!

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Someone mentioned it, but last episode's animations really does remind me of Bojack's special DBM.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

mmkay posted:

Someone mentioned it, but last episode's animations really does remind me of Bojack's special DBM.

Nnnnno. I'd still say the DBM Bojack thing is worse.

Like... gently caress, look at Vegeta there. At least Goku still looks like a person in that other pic.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kild posted:

counterpoint

Those both look better.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo the animation was garbage in this episode. I wonder if they did that on purpose to make people watch the movies.

What if they went with 3D models and cel shading instead? Like Guilty Gear Xrd? Not sure how feasible that would be, though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Didn't Toryiama say in an interview one time he wanted to do movies but had to settle for manga? Why wouldn't he just stick with working on more dbz movies?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Stairmaster posted:

Didn't Toryiama say in an interview one time he wanted to do movies but had to settle for manga? Why wouldn't he just stick with working on more dbz movies?

Because the DBZ Movies did well enough that they greenlighted a TV show that he is involved with.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Unpopular opinion: I like these off-model gokus a lot and want more of them

High chance of BINGO next episode. Get hype.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Honestly, if I didn't have the film to compare it to, I don't think Super would look that bad at all. Its obviously made with a fraction of the budget, and a fraction of the time per episode.

Quality of the animation aside, I actually enjoyed the fight on King Kai's planet more in Super than in BoG. There was more of a sense of buildup to it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I finally got to finish watching RoF. Everyone was hyped for it, and made the movie better.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Shinjobi posted:

The best.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

jivjov posted:

Honestly, if I didn't have the film to compare it to, I don't think Super would look that bad at all. Its obviously made with a fraction of the budget, and a fraction of the time per episode.

Quality of the animation aside, I actually enjoyed the fight on King Kai's planet more in Super than in BoG. There was more of a sense of buildup to it.

The problem is that its Toei, and Toei can be kinda terrible for production schedules outside of their movies.

Though I do agree that on the latter half of the fight, ie, where super saiyan three came in, that was fun enough to watch. I guess we're just gonna have to get used to any sweet spots being preceded by a fair bit of uh, 'quality'.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Like with most fighting weekly shows only like one fight per 26 episodes get good animation. A Most get average animation. The rest get godawful

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Maybe if they hadn't done a 100 loving episode production run for something that doesn't even have a manga to follow and just broke it into seasons this wouldn't have been a problem.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
So while I think it would've been MAYBE a cooler ending to RoF if Vegeta got the kill I am completely happy with the ending since it was loving hilarious that Goku essentially KS'd Vegeta, which pissed him off. Either way though, the movie was loving awesome start to finish. Hilarious and full of action.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

jivjov posted:

agreed, i feel like they better illustrated how big the gap between goku and beers is atm

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Condiv posted:

agreed, i feel like they better illustrated how big the gap between goku and beers is atm

It makes the whole Vegeta decking Beerus thing a bit more questionable though.. I hope they still do it, but Goku got his poo poo wrecked.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

That closeup on Goku is the most anime thing I have ever seen.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
So in better news Resurrection of F is doing really well in theaters beating Howl's Moving Castle and other Ghibli films. Funimation is reportedly extending the theatrical run too
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=anime.htm

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Squallege posted:

So in better news Resurrection of F is doing really well in theaters beating Howl's Moving Castle and other Ghibli films. Funimation is reportedly extending the theatrical run too
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=anime.htm

The theater was packed when I saw it yesterday and when I was handing my ticket stub to the usher earler, she commented on how surprised she was that this little foreign movie was attracting such a large audience.

I also ran into a guy who had a shirt with Shrek as Vegeta and "It's Ogre 9000" written on it. At first I thought it was gauche, but then I realized that if I had that shirt, I'd definitely wear while seeing a Dragonball Z movie in theaters.

But nowhere else.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Well Manicured Man posted:

I also ran into a guy who had a shirt with Shrek as Vegeta and "It's Ogre 9000" written on it. At first I thought it was gauche, but then I realized that if I had that shirt, I'd definitely wear while seeing a Dragonball Z movie in theaters.

But nowhere else.

That's a Team Four Star shirt, they were advertising it on one of their Let's Plays

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
The recent episode of DBS was just awful.

The animation and art was so terrible and it's not like it was just terrible in between frames, it was consistently terrible for at least 10 minutes. The fact that it was that long at all was just ridiculous, because we've already seen the fight done much better and more concisely in the goddamn movie.

I just don't understand why they would even bother if this is the type of effort they're going to put in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Asuron posted:

The recent episode of DBS was just awful.

The animation and art was so terrible and it's not like it was just terrible in between frames, it was consistently terrible for at least 10 minutes. The fact that it was that long at all was just ridiculous, because we've already seen the fight done much better and more concisely in the goddamn movie.

I just don't understand why they would even bother if this is the type of effort they're going to put in.

Because it's going to make Toei lots of money no matter how much effort they put into it?

• Locked thread