Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bohemian Nights posted:

I'm watching the dota 2 international right now, and it's pretty funny to see 12th place getting $220k out of a prize pool of $18mil+ compared to the total prize pool of $250k featured in the upcoming ESL cologne
It's pretty mind boggling to think about finals in that vein. Imagine yourself playing when wrong click can decide that you are not getting a bit above million, prior to deductions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Ephedra posted:

I have your esea rookie card will you sign it for me?

yeah man see me at lan ill sign your poo poo

e: i thought i bought out all those loving glips cards -- such an embarassment.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I got a headshot with a tec-9 at close range last night and it only did 99 damage what is happening did they ruin it while I was away?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I got a headshot with a tec-9 at close range last night and it only did 99 damage what is happening did they ruin it while I was away?

Id assume they didnt get rid of the 1 shot kill power considering five seven can still do it, but I haven't played for a month so load up a bot map mate... pleas report back.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Id assume they didnt get rid of the 1 shot kill power considering five seven can still do it, but I haven't played for a month so load up a bot map mate... pleas report back.

It's definitely still a 1 shot hs at close and not so close range even when the enemy is wearing a hat

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Cat chewed through 2 microphone cables in the past 3 weeks. Anyone know of a decent mic with a thicker cable? One that isn't super expensive.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Apogee15 posted:

Cat chewed through 2 microphone cables in the past 3 weeks. Anyone know of a decent mic with a thicker cable? One that isn't super expensive.

Get an interface and an SM-58. Uses 1/4". Or a usb mic with the braided cable?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Or get a stationary microphone and a plastic cable protection tube.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I was apparently using mouse acceleration in csgo and didn't know it. 400dpi @ 5

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

exethan posted:

I was apparently using mouse acceleration in csgo and didn't know it. 400dpi @ 5

Turn rawinput on and halve your in-game sens, enjoy MG+

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Apogee15 posted:

How about you train your cat to stop doing that, hmm? My cat tried that poo poo and I showed it the power of a squirt bottle and The Holy Cat Fling

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

How about you train your cat to stop doing that, hmm? My cat tried that poo poo and I showed it the power of a squirt bottle and The Holy Cat Fling

Hard to do when it happens while I'm at work.

Plus it's like a 3 month old kitten.

kalstrams posted:

That's a good idea, I didn't even think of that.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of a braided cable.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 8, 2015

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
pros vs audience is the best thing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

kalstrams posted:

It's too late, the cat has developed a taste for copper wires. You have to return it for stickers before it bites through your main electrical line and you're house burns down.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

thats what i use and i get compliments on my voice quality every game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ArfJason posted:

pros vs audience is the best thing

i love it and i want to kiss them

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

trying to jack off posted:

thats what i use and i get compliments on my voice quality every game

maybe you just have a really good radio voice like Mr Pink or that homeless Ted Williams guy.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i love it and i want to kiss them

i once read at the global offensive subreddit an idea for a charity championship where they would do gimmicks like this and play on reserve maps and poo poo and i so want to see that come to fruition

----------------

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Reverse dust 2 makes me feel really uneasy tbh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exethan posted:

Reverse dust 2 makes me feel really uneasy tbh
What would reverse even entail - terrorists defend from counter-terrorists with bomb or the tasks remain, just spawns differ?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

kalstrams posted:

What would reverse even entail - terrorists defend from counter-terrorists with bomb or the tasks remain, just spawns differ?

Map is mirrored, brain is hosed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jeza posted:

I still don't get it.

Edit: Looked up a video, whoever came up with name 'reverse' for this should be banned from naming things.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 9, 2015

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

kalstrams posted:

I still don't get it.

Edit: Looked up a video, whoever came up with name 'reverse' for this should be banned from naming things.

The official map name is called Mirrored Dust2. I had it on my server and it indeed fucks with the very way you peek corners.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

kalstrams posted:

I still don't get it.

*slams fist on table*

"THE LATVIAN DISAGREES WITH YOUR ENGLISH. SACK HIM."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

YouTuber posted:

The official map name is called Mirrored Dust2. I had it on my server and it indeed fucks with the very way you peek corners.
Oh cool, at least author had sense to use commonplace technical terms.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Jeza posted:

There's a brain dis-order that actually causes this to happen in normal people just going about their daily lives. Well, the difference is, the world doesn't flip on an axis, but it feels the exact same way (completely disorienting and harder to navigate, like something's 'changed')

Also, the middle of the pack in terms of good players is something like 2 @400 dpi. Pretty much 90% of good players are in 1.7 to 2.5 @400 with a bunch of exceptions because whatever

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Apogee15 posted:

Train your cat not to be a dick?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This game is some loving bullshit. Here I am, unranked, like 5-30 and I'm facing loving 3 gold novas on the other team.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Arrgytehpirate posted:

This game is some loving bullshit. Here I am, unranked, like 5-30 and I'm facing loving 3 gold novas on the other team.

Congrats I guess, that means you'll probably place in nova once you've gotten your ten wins

Even if you don't have a displayed rank, you still have a rank in the system and it'll do its thing to have you meet what it considers equal opposition

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Congrats I guess, that means you'll probably place in nova once you've gotten your ten wins

Even if you don't have a displayed rank, you still have a rank in the system and it'll do its thing to have you meet what it considers equal opposition

How? I'm like 5-30 with maybe 10 frags avg.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Novas are a lot worse at this game than you might think, my friend

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Most ranks are meaningless shades of incompetence either way, so stop worrying about your frags before time.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

then youll move down a few ranks for the next game? your ranks still being worked out so your going to have some unbalanced games

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
take a learn from masters of go, the gay rear end checkers meets reversi from japan and quickly lose your first 1000 games. Just play and your rank will eventually settle then be matched to people who are as good/bad as you are and with that info ppl will be able to tell you what to work on.

since you seem to be very new, i'd say watch some warowl adren 3klikphillip or READ TEH FREAKIGN OP!!! and work on crosshair placement and burst firing.
and never shoot moving please thank you

----------------

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Arrgytehpirate posted:

No one knows for sure but a lot of people think the game calculates your rank on a round-by-round basis. So if you lose a game 16-14 it won't cause as dramatic a shift in your rank as if you lose a game 16-2.

Also yeah, gold novas aren't good. I'm gold nova 4 and I'm not a good player. You'll probably rank into Silver 5 or Gold Nova 1 once you're done your placement matches. If you post a demo someone can probably give you some pointers.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

mcvey posted:

Turn rawinput on and halve your in-game sens, enjoy MG+

ty

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
edit: ^^^ grats, first account?

I had mouse accel on at like 100 wins because I had the wrong thing to turn it off int he autoexec I made. its m_customaccel 0

I also had insanely bad framerate dips and stuff. This game is the most settings based game I've ever played in my entire life. You can be amazing with bad settings but it matters so much more than atmospheric fog being on in dota or whatever.

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 9, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ArfJason posted:

take a learn from masters of go, the gay rear end checkers meets reversi from japan and quickly lose your first 1000 games. Just play and your rank will eventually settle then be matched to people who are as good/bad as you are and with that info ppl will be able to tell you what to work on.

since you seem to be very new, i'd say watch some warowl adren 3klikphillip or READ TEH FREAKIGN OP!!! and work on crosshair placement and burst firing.
and never shoot moving please thank you

Great post...if you had remembered to tell him to lower his sensitivity, bitch

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Carol Pizzamom posted:

edit: ^^^ grats, first account?

yes. Once ifixed my rates and lowered my sens there was no way to go but up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Just played against a guy who was named Silver Smurfer and had a private profile. He went like 15-22 and bitched the whole game. I think he may have been smurfing FROM silver.

• Locked thread