Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ty1990 posted:

Ok guys lay it on me. 12 team ppr.

QB- cam newton
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- latavius Murray
WR- Antonio brown
WR- Jordan Matthews
FLEX: Michael Floyd
TE: Julius Thomas
K: Adam Vinatari
D/ST:

B-Arian foster
B- Chris ivory
B- Devin funchess
B- Josh huff
B- Percy harvin
B- tavon Austin
B- teddy bridgewater
B- Fred Jackson

Get literally anybody but Tavon Austin. AP & AB together is huge, especially AB in a PPR. Your bench is really iffy. Was this an auction?

FJax might take a huge step back this year not only because of Shady but because so much of his production comes through the air and Greg Roman does not throw the ball to the RB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

89 posted:

I just realized I busted on all three of my first picks last year (Megatron, Brandon Marshall, & Zac Stacy)....but I still won the championship 😎
I went Charles, Marshall, Stacy last year too in a league and made it to the championship. Grabbing Jeremy Hill late saved it for me and I made a great trade for DT early in the season (after week 2 or 3) when he was sucking it up.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Get literally anybody but Tavon Austin. AP & AB together is huge, especially AB in a PPR. Your bench is really iffy. Was this an auction?

FJax might take a huge step back this year not only because of Shady but because so much of his production comes through the air and Greg Roman does not throw the ball to the RB.
It was a keeper league. Everybody kept 2. I traded up for Brown which should explain my bench.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Ty1990 posted:

QB- cam newton
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- latavius Murray
WR- Antonio brown
WR- Jordan Matthews
D/ST:

B-Arian foster
B- Chris ivory
B- Devin funchess
B- Josh huff
B- Percy harvin
B- tavon Austin
B- teddy bridgewater
B- Fred Jackson

Your bench is very thin on talent. Also you could upgrade your FLEX and TE positions pretty easily.

Other than that looks like a very strong team. Newton should be a top 8 QB, AP and Brown could be the RB1 and WR1 of the season, and Murray and Matthews have potential RB1 and WR1 ceilings.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Ty1990 posted:

It was a keeper league. Everybody kept 2. I traded up for Brown which should explain my bench.

Starters are awesome. WR depth is your major weakness. I like ivory as depth but he's less compelling in ppr. Fjax could be a nice bye week option. This team is more dependant on avoiding injuries than most.

Send out feelers for Abdullah and Stevie Johnson before their price gets out of hand. Maybe helu.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Just some notes:

I knew my depth would be dogshit once I spent a 7th round pick on Arian Foster. But from what I've heard he may come back early October, and if that's the case it could be amazing value for me.

People at my table chuckled at my Cam Newton pick. Maybe I'm stupid but once I traded my 3-4-5 picks to trade up for Antonio Brown I never thought Cam would be there for me in the 6th. Maybe I'm higher on him than most. I was hoping for Rivers or Tannehill later but I liked Cam more overall (those guys went in the 10th and 8th respectively.)

Gonna try to get Stevie Johnson like ForeverPeace said. I was targeting Stevie really hard but probably waited a bit too long on him.

Any other suggestions welcome. You guys probably know more than I do.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ty1990 posted:

QB- cam newton
RB- Adrian Peterson
RB- latavius Murray
WR- Antonio brown
WR- Jordan Matthews
D/ST:

B-Arian foster
B- Chris ivory
B- Devin funchess
B- Josh huff
B- Percy harvin
B- tavon Austin
B- teddy bridgewater
B- Fred Jackson

QB: Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater
I don't see a benefit in picking up Teddy Bridgewater in a 12 team league. Newton will be a very serviceable starter, and frankly given your lack of depth in other spaces his spot should have been spent on another WR. Assuming this is 4 point passing TD I think you got a top 5 player.

RB: Adrian Peterson, Latavius Murray, Arian Foster, Chris Ivory, Fred Jackson
I know a lot of people are high on Murray, but between his high draft position, competition, and the fact that it's Oakland I don't see the benefit. Players like Andre Ellington, CJ Spiller, and Alfred Morris seem like better targets around that point. Arian Foster is not someone I would even remotely consider drafting. Notwithstanding that his junk muscles were ripped off the bone there's no guarantee he'll be back from injury in time to do anything worthwhile. Ivory is a good backup, and while FJax is immortal Buffalo looks to be such a shitshow that I wouldn't touch any player from there. This is a weak spot.

WR: Antonio Brown, Jordan Matthews, Michael Floyd, Devin Funchess, Josh Huff, Percy Harvin, Tavon Austin
Quantity does not begat quality. Having Brown, Mattthews, and Floyd as WR1-3 is pretty solid. I like Funchess for the upside. Huff, Harvin, and Austin have no business being on a 12 team roster even in PPR.

Meh. Bortles gonna Bort, but it's a TE so whatever.

Overall I like your QB and WR starters, but your depth in all three areas is worrisome.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

I've been waiting on this!

This is the crazy IDP league we had last year. Hope to see everyone return and maybe see a few new faces.

On a somewhat related note - does anyone know of a good way pull raw Yahoo projections all at once? I did it manually last year and somehow ended up missing the top 25 safeties which made the draft go a little... unexpectedly.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 9, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I have somehow literally forgotten about Tavon Austin and man what a long fall for Harvin. Im almost convinced he could be a late steal or waiver superstar. Just too much talent there imo

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
So I just found out I've got the #1 pick in my 100 dollar league. I'm a big fan of Zero RB / WR+WR drafts but I don't think I can really justify taking Dez or Antonio with the first pick. This will probably be the only league that I take a top tier RB in and I'm really leaning towards Bell. Someone tell me I am an idiot for taking a player who will already miss two extra games with the first pick...

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

cheese posted:

So I just found out I've got the #1 pick in my 100 dollar league. I'm a big fan of Zero RB / WR+WR drafts but I don't think I can really justify taking Dez or Antonio with the first pick. This will probably be the only league that I take a top tier RB in and I'm really leaning towards Bell. Someone tell me I am an idiot for taking a player who will already miss two extra games with the first pick...

If you're risk averse I'd have no problem with you going Charles or maybe even Peterson.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If it's PPR you could argue AB84 could go #1 if you're tied to WR/WR. I'm really coming around to Lev Bell at #1 though with the suspension going down to two games. He was so far ahead of the rest of the position that if you can weather the week one & two storm you should be a-okay.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

cheese posted:

I would just take dez personally

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
14 teams, .5 ppr

QB: Dalton
RB: Forte, L. Murray, Spiller, A. Foster, L. Dunbar
WR: AJ Green, Cooks, Charles Johnson, J. Brown, K. Stills, E. Royal
TE: Cameron

Dunno how to feel about this. Ok I guess.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You literally could not have a usable RB2 by week four. :stonk:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Zypher posted:

14 teams, .5 ppr

Yikes, I hate this team :ohdear: Forte is a PPR monster but his receptions are likely to go way down and your top two WR's were injury plagued last season

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

cheese posted:

In the same boat and praying to GOD I get a lower round pick. Good luck but yea i don't think i could not go an rb1 in the top 4

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Zypher posted:

14 teams, .5 ppr

I'm higher on Forte than others* and think Murray will do well as a RB2, at worse he'll be a flex option. Spiller could pay off big so he's worth the risk. If you can survive until Foster is back, then you're set. Your WRs are...not great, but I wouldn't worry about that since WR depth is easier to fix during the season. Ditch Dalton and pick up ANYBODY ELSE. After last year, never again. gently caress the red retard. TE is TE but I'd ditch him the moment you found someone even slightly better.

*Cutler is still the Bears QB, after all, and Fox won't be dumb enough to force the ball where it can't go

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 9, 2015

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
So FanDuel and Draftkings have had their week 1 prices up for a while now.

https://www.fanduel.com/games/12671/contests/12671-13766301/enter

https://www.draftkings.com/lobby#/NFL/0/All

I would imagine Alfred Blue will shoot up in price of have like 99.9% own rate. Also I'm kind of surprised Amari Cooper is starting so high, haven't really followed training camps but a quick search doesn't indicate he's wowing people. Seems like an overreaction to the rookie wideouts breaking out last year.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 9, 2015

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Zypher posted:

14 teams, .5 ppr

Maybe I'm dumb but I don't think this is awful. Your WR depth isn't there but you probably used a pick on Foster that would otherwise have built that up and if that pays off you're in amazing shape. Your top 2 WR's are pretty nice too.

I see no issue with your running backs. Spiller would have been better in a full PPR league but he's not a bad 3rd back at all. I think your top 2 are pretty solid although Murray is a bit of a risk. All signs point to him getting the volume to make it happen though.

Andy Dalton sucks rear end but I'm thinking you know that already and are probably going the streaming route or you'll be paying him with a really short leash. I'm guessing you waited and waited and waited on a QB and then got hit with a rush of them in 1 round and got caught with your pants down. It happens. The bright side is that if Dalton is able to swing a top 10-12 season (not crazy at all) then you have yourself a nice pairing between him and Green, so of all the lovely QB's left when you took him you probably made the best choice.

Not bad for a 14 team league in my opinion.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

The SituAsian posted:

So FanDuel and Draftkings have had their week 1 prices up for a while now.

https://www.fanduel.com/games/12671/contests/12671-13766301/enter

https://www.draftkings.com/lobby#/NFL/0/All

I would imagine Alfred Blue will shoot up in price of have like 99.9% own rate. Also I'm kind of surprised Amari Cooper is starting so high, haven't really followed training camps but a quick search doesn't indicate he's wowing people. Seems like an overreaction to the rookie wideouts breaking out last year.

Alfred Blue seems pretty meh, I'd rather play Polk.

Preseason dfs starts today, we have officially made it through another fantasy football offseason :sludgepal:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm really glad my friends talked me into doing their 8 man league, I'm doing the draft right now and my teem looks amazing. The downside of course is that every team looks amazing.

Given the choice I think 12 man is about ideal. It's just enough players that you don't have to scum depth charts for hidden dudes but have to at least have a cursory knowledge of a lot of teams.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Papes posted:

Alfred Blue seems pretty meh, I'd rather play Polk.

Preseason dfs starts today, we have officially made it through another fantasy football offseason :sludgepal:

Woah, thanks! Time to put some money into my Fanduel account. Or not. Should play when the Browns are going next week, JFF is looking good and will be cheap unless they account for the fact he will be playing a ton and against 2's and 3's.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have the 5th pick in a 14 person PPR league and I really don't like it. It seems like I'm slotted into Antonio Brown or a castoff RB, and then on the 2nd/3rd/4th round picks I get a lot of eh talent. My boss has the 14th pick and I'm thinking about offering him a straight up swap to just pick later so I can end up with a duo of high class WRs. Only problem with that strategy is in the simulations I ran it seems like I have a tough choice between Wilson/Peyton/Brees/Roethlisberger, a fringe RB talent like Joique Bell/Ameer Abdullah/Carlos Hyde/Latavius Murray, or another decent flex WR like Amari Cooper/Maclin/Cruz. I'm not sure how much better a Megatron/A.J. Green/Ameer Abdullah/Peyton Manning lineup would be versus an Antonio Brown/Alshon Jeffery/Lamar Miller/Drew Brees top four.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Woah, thanks! Time to put some money into my Fanduel account. Or not. Should play when the Browns are going next week, JFF is looking good and will be cheap unless they account for the fact he will be playing a ton and against 2's and 3's.

I think only draftkings is doing preseason for what its worth, and every single player costs the same amount so you can play anybody you want.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm not touching Alshon. Cutler and all and there's no Brandon Marshall to take off the heat from Alshon getting double covered.

Nowwwww, dump off city Matt Forte, though..

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Doltos posted:

I have the 5th pick in a 14 person PPR league and I really don't like it. It seems like I'm slotted into Antonio Brown or a castoff RB, and then on the 2nd/3rd/4th round picks I get a lot of eh talent. My boss has the 14th pick and I'm thinking about offering him a straight up swap to just pick later so I can end up with a duo of high class WRs. Only problem with that strategy is in the simulations I ran it seems like I have a tough choice between Wilson/Peyton/Brees/Roethlisberger, a fringe RB talent like Joique Bell/Ameer Abdullah/Carlos Hyde/Latavius Murray, or another decent flex WR like Amari Cooper/Maclin/Cruz. I'm not sure how much better a Megatron/A.J. Green/Ameer Abdullah/Peyton Manning lineup would be versus an Antonio Brown/Alshon Jeffery/Lamar Miller/Drew Brees top four.

AB84 is arguably the #1 pick in a PPR, so at number five he's a really, really, really good pick. What does it look like if you keep #5 and go with 2 RB and a WR the next three picks? Arguably it could work out well for you.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

89 posted:

I'm not touching Alshon. Cutler and all and there's no Brandon Marshall to take off the heat from Alshon getting double covered.

First you are wrong about OBJ and now this?

Jeffery did just fine last year when Marshall was gimping around on the field and the general belief is that Forte's receptions are probably going to go down this year.

Ashy and Black Unicorn are going to be Just Fine without Marshall playing decoy.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

Yeah that's how bad the 5th pick in a 14 person PPR league is. It seems like there's a ton of high quality WRs this year but there really aren't. You have Brown/Bryant/ODB/Thomas/Jones/Megatron/Nelson/Green/Cobb as the top tier, Hilton/Evans/Sanders as decent 2nd round picks, and then question mark 3rd/4th round picks like Jeffery/Benjamin/Hopkins/Cooks/Andre 3000/Jackson/Bryant/Jordan Matthews/Marshall/Edelman/Keenan Allen. That last group all is ehhh and I wouldn't feel great trotting any of them out week after week as my #1 WR. That's why if I have the fifth I feel like I have to reach on Brown/ODB/Thomas/Bryant then hope something is good for the second pick.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

Yeah that's how bad the 5th pick in a 14 person PPR league is. It seems like there's a ton of high quality WRs this year but there really aren't. You have Brown/Bryant/ODB/Thomas/Jones/Megatron/Nelson/Green/Cobb as the top tier, Hilton/Evans/Sanders as decent 2nd round picks, and then question mark 3rd/4th round picks like Jeffery/Benjamin/Hopkins/Cooks/Andre 3000/Jackson/Bryant/Jordan Matthews/Marshall/Edelman/Keenan Allen. That last group all is ehhh and I wouldn't feel great trotting any of them out week after week as my #1 WR. That's why if I have the fifth I feel like I have to reach on Brown/ODB/Thomas/Bryant then hope something is good for the second pick.

I guess I'm confused. Brown or DT are not at all a reach at 5. For what it's worth, I preferred your second line up with Brown, Jeffery, etc.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

First you are wrong about OBJ and now this?

The guy is allergic to young talented players who are guaranteed to see a large volume of opportunity.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Papes posted:

The guy is allergic to young talented players who are guaranteed to see a large volume of opportunity.

We'll see :smug:

You guys keep drafting OBJ in the first round and let a bad rear end RB slip to me! :)

(For what it's worth, the high risk/reward with OBJ, I'd take a gamble on him in the 2nd. But 1st? Helllll no.)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Papes posted:

I think only draftkings is doing preseason for what its worth, and every single player costs the same amount so you can play anybody you want.

Future UPS drivers getting their day in the sun. I like it!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Looks like the league that I've run for the last few years has finally lost enough players that it's not going to happen again. Is anyone looking to fill a spot in a long-ish running standard scoring money league, preferably on yahoo?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Doltos posted:

That is 12 guys you list as WR #1 quality in a 14 man PPR league. Do you need more when Bell and Charles and others are going to be first rounders as well? Even with that said, I look at guys like Jordan Matthews in a Chip Kelly offense and Hopkins on a team with no Foster and no other good receivers, and feel good about them in PPR.

89 posted:

We'll see :smug:

You guys keep drafting OBJ in the first round and let a bad rear end RB slip to me! :)

(For what it's worth, the high risk/reward with OBJ, I'd take a gamble on him in the 2nd. But 1st? Helllll no.)
I think a lot of people are iffy on OBJ as a first round pick. This many injuries in a sophomore WR is scary.

cheese fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 9, 2015

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Future UPS drivers getting their day in the sun. I like it!

Same, I'm pretty excited about it and I usually loathe preseason.

I'm rolling out Landry jones, Sammie Coates, and Stephon Diggs in tonight's game.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I've created a new league, we're seeking owners:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735581

Short version is: free, 14-team auction ppr keepers, deep rosters. Please check it out, should be fun!

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

pmchem posted:

I've created a new league, we're seeking owners:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3735581

Short version is: free, 14-team auction ppr keepers, deep rosters. Please check it out, should be fun!

how nfl related do weekly posts have to be to not qualify as dead space?

am i allowed to post "charlie sims should be banned under the geneva convention" or "aaron rodgers is somehow gayer than i am" for 16 weeks straight and have that qualify

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

how nfl related do weekly posts have to be to not qualify as dead space?

am i allowed to post "charlie sims should be banned under the geneva convention" or "aaron rodgers is somehow gayer than i am" for 16 weeks straight and have that qualify

Might depend on how I'm feeling about that player any given week, but in general the idea is to generate content people might actually feel inclined to reply to, or enjoy reading. I'll add a note saying how if your post is borderline you'll be warned to step up (instead of just surprise eligibility to be replaced).

edit: the point is, repeating yourself for 16 weeks with stuff people don't enjoy reading won't help your cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

pmchem posted:

repeating yourself for 16 weeks with stuff people don't enjoy reading won't help your cause

Then you probably want to look somewhere other than SA

• Locked thread