Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Living, breathing things capable of assuming poses no one can achieve. Nice save, Araki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I forget who asked about the SBR road trip but someone Google Mapped the route in case anyone wants to make road trip plans.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I've been rereading Part 4, and I've noticed two odd things:

• Between Okuyasu, Kobayashi, Hazamada, Yukako, and Rohan, the protagonists are remarkably quick to forgive people for attempted murder.
  • It seems like every villain makes a big deal about trying to avoid a direct confrontation with Jotaro because "he can stop time for one or two seconds!" What's unclear is how they know this in the first place.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Silver2195 posted:

• Between Okuyasu, Kobayashi, Hazamada, Yukako, and Rohan, the protagonists are remarkably quick to forgive people for attempted murder.
This one is sorta explained by Josuke and just about everyone in Morioh being really nice people. Josuke's whole thing is that he has a kind heart that's reflected in Crazy Diamond's appearance and ability. Rather than be like his nephew who murders anyone who deserves it, Josuke forgives people who show almost any amount of humanity and they become Cool Pals and the kindness Josuke showed them gets passed on, creating the Golden Spirit we hear about Morioh. People that are terrible pieces of poo poo get turned into rocks for dogs to poo poo next to or books in the depths of a library.

Josuke's nice like that :v:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So they are doing the Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders Jojonium releases here right? Cause hot drat does Phantom Blood look good on my bookshelf.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

KidDynamite posted:

So they are doing the Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders Jojonium releases here right? Cause hot drat does Phantom Blood look good on my bookshelf.

BT yes, volume one's been translated and up for sale digitally for 4 months now with no volume 2 in sight yet, but that probably won't impact the physical releases. SC probably won't get Jojonium releases overseas since you can still buy the separate volume releases of that.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Moltrey posted:

This one is sorta explained by Josuke and just about everyone in Morioh being really nice people. Josuke's whole thing is that he has a kind heart that's reflected in Crazy Diamond's appearance and ability. Rather than be like his nephew who murders anyone who deserves it, Josuke forgives people who show almost any amount of humanity and they become Cool Pals and the kindness Josuke showed them gets passed on, creating the Golden Spirit we hear about Morioh. People that are terrible pieces of poo poo get turned into rocks for dogs to poo poo next to or books in the depths of a library.

Josuke's nice like that :v:

I haven't gotten to Enigma on my reread, so I can't remember what the Enigma guy did that was bad enough to deserve getting turned into a book.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I haven't gotten to Enigma on my reread, so I can't remember what the Enigma guy did that was bad enough to deserve getting turned into a book.

Josuke was probably pissed that he went after his mom.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I think he was going to shred Josuke's friend and mother (?), so speaking of Steel Ball Run can someone remind me why Johnny can suddenly walk again?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
spin and/or stand and/or jesus magic

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Ekusukariba posted:

I think he was going to shred Josuke's friend and mother (?), so speaking of Steel Ball Run can someone remind me why Johnny can suddenly walk again?
Because he learned to stand on his own two feet.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wouldn't write off Part 3 getting a JoJonium release over here, tbh.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
It's a really nice denouement to a story about self actualisation. Johnny gets the one thing he longed for above all else, but has changed so much that it doesn't really matter anymore.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

ChaosArgate posted:

BT yes, volume one's been translated and up for sale digitally for 4 months now with no volume 2 in sight yet, but that probably won't impact the physical releases. SC probably won't get Jojonium releases overseas since you can still buy the separate volume releases of that.

Isn't Volume 2 coming out this week digitally though? Or something

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

melodicwaffle posted:

Isn't Volume 2 coming out this week digitally though? Or something

I don't see release info anywhere about it. :(

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't see release info anywhere about it. :(

They're being really quiet about it for some reason (I only found out a couple hours ago), but Amazon US's got a Kindle page for Volume 2 with a release date of August 18. They also have release dates for Volume 2 and 3 physical (February 2 and May 3 2016).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

melodicwaffle posted:

They're being really quiet about it for some reason (I only found out a couple hours ago), but Amazon US's got a Kindle page for Volume 2 with a release date of August 18. They also have release dates for Volume 2 and 3 physical (February 2 and May 3 2016).

Oh goddammit.

:argh: Viiiiiiiiz!

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Ekusukariba posted:

Accepting Jesus into his heart, obviously.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know why viz is being so quiet about this, but whatever

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I really shouldn't be so surprised Viz is being extremely quiet about the digital releases since the digital versions of PB 2 and 3 and BT 1 came out with absolutely no fanfare.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Beef Chief posted:

I wouldn't write off Part 3 getting a JoJonium release over here, tbh.

Yeah I was surprised to read that cuz I was sort of assuming it was a given? I mean, I hope so. :(

Silver2195 posted:

• It seems like every villain makes a big deal about trying to avoid a direct confrontation with Jotaro because "he can stop time for one or two seconds!" What's unclear is how they know this in the first place.

Haha that stuck out to me, too.

But forgiving people who fully intended to kill you not two minutes before seems perfectly JoJo-ish.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Attack his mom, just like the first guy he eternally punished.

I kinda like that the last villain they fight before Kira gets more or less the same fate as the first one. Bookends it rather nicely.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Cheap Trick is the last fight before Kira.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Jolyne's great. Her father's daughter if there ever was one.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Jolyne is great because she has the power to make string and gets into a fight with a roided up prison guard who can summon meteors and she decides to go full on brawler on him. Sure she wins by Jojo smarts but for the most part she's just slugging it out with a man twice her size who's putting her in judo holds to hit her with space rocks.

Stone Ocean has some goddamn fantastic fights. Even the kind of meh Feng Shui guy is redeemed by being defeated by having his legs turned into springs.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
She really fights end-game stand users, its pretty brutal. Invisible Zombies? :wtc:

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Somebody post the panel where she rips a prison guards toe nail and skins him up to his shin. Nastiest comic book page urgh

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I liked the Feng Shui guy

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm up to the 'Survivor' part of Part 6 and am still really enjoying it. Jolyne really wants to get her hands on dio's bone, but white snake wants it all to himself.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I hope to be half the dad kira is someday

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was reading Steel Ball Run over a long period of time. Then I got to the page where Lucy faces down a room full of balloon doggies and had to read the rest of it in one sitting.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I had to reread Planet Waves to remind myself of how brutal it is and it starts with a guard punching another guard in the face so hard the bones pop out of one's fist and the other's cheek gets torn open. It's so brutal it opens with that.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Fiend Computer posted:

It takes a real confident son of a bitch to wear a tie with your stand on it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Official or not, Kira's tie is my favorite piece of JoJo merchandise

e: I cannot find any good full pictures of this thing, jesus.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Fiend Computer posted:

I think the same artist who did that also made this and it makes me laugh

Also since I've abandoned the pretense of being a cool, non-collectible owning adult I'm starting to buy up Medicos figures and while I can see why they went with what they did for Silver Chariot for Pt 5, drat if I don't want a Silver Chariot Requiem figure.

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 10, 2015

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Kabanaw posted:

I had to reread Planet Waves to remind myself of how brutal it is and it starts with a guard punching another guard in the face so hard the bones pop out of one's fist and the other's cheek gets torn open. It's so brutal it opens with that.

it's pretty much peak crazy jojo, also feng shui electric chair finisher is absurd.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

ascalapha odorata posted:

Also since I've abandoned the pretense of being a cool, non-collectible owning adult I'm starting to buy up Medicos figures and while I can see why they went with what they did for Silver Chariot for Pt 5, drat if I don't want a Silver Chariot Requiem figure.

The only Jojo figure I have is the Statue Legend of Shadow Dio, but it's okay to only have that one figure because it's painfully fabulous. Just look how low his pants are!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was going to poo poo talk statues (as beautiful as they are, they're stuck that way forever! and some characters are statue-only) but then i realized i also own a Jojo statue

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Figures are a huge money sink cause I want them all and that's just a terrible idea, but I caved and bought a Statue Legend Crazy Diamond figure and it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I have never and probably will never own a figure.

Kira Yoshikage's tie, however...