Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Could have sworn I'd seen Gardiner picked...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Habibi posted:

Could have sworn I'd seen Gardiner picked...

yeah I got him last round

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

yeah I got him last round

Wait really?? I didn't see that and checked the sheet and didn't see him. Man that would suck!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Ah gently caress he was picked!! drat I have to edit my pick now.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I thought Gardiner was already off the board, poo poo.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I thought Gardiner was already off the board, poo poo.

He was, I hosed up.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I edited my pick -- I'm talking Calvin de Haan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol okay everything makes a little more sense now.

I'm a teensy bit surprised you didn't take the other guy I was thinking of, Nanny.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

VJeff posted:

lol okay everything makes a little more sense now.

I'm a teensy bit surprised you didn't take the other guy I was thinking of, Nanny.

Defenseman? If so, I know who you mean.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Give me Griffin Reinhart because I'm out and don't have the spreadsheet or my list

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Kessel Gardiner was picked already. Come on guys

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oops I forgot about Mike Calamari and missed Eriksson getting taken 3 rounds ago.

Well Jussi 'Juicy Jokes' Jokinen is a good playmaking LW/C on a decent contract. He is old but has been putting up points consistently for years, and he had a godawful sh% last season so he's due for a rebound. Also I get to re-unite him with the Canes and with Hornqvist who I also picked last year because I am more consistent than imaginative. He kept scoring on that same shootout move in his first couple of seasons but I'm not sure if goalies fall for it as easily anymore.

I have barely ever seen Nick Bonino play but he was traded for Kesler when Kesler was still good and on a sweetheart deal so he must be worth something. I will not even mention the guy who Benning traded him for, inexplicably. He is supposedly a decent playmaking center who can score at a .5 PPG clip and kill penalties sometimes but can't skate especially well. Can he play RW? Maybe I'll put him there, otherwise:

Pacioretty-Bergeron-Hornqvist
Jokinen-Zibanejad-?
Bonino

AGreene - Carlson
Klingberg

Anderson

A solid LD to pair with Klingberg and some kind of RW is what I need but drat those RW ranks are thin. I also wanted Jokinen to go with Pacioretty on a second line to spread out the scoring but I'm not sure how to do that unless the Bonito flake plays on the wing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Defenseman? If so, I know who you mean.

Yup.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
sent you my picks Tremendous taste. If that guy falls to me I'm going to cry because it can be both a wonderful and an absolutely terrible pick, all at the same time :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gotcha

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Who's on the clock anyway

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
me, and I'm taking Cody Eakin to be my third line center. He's good at it and he's ginger, what more could you ask for?

Furnaceface is up next.

e: Jakub Voracek - Henrik Sedin - Patrick Kane
? - Bryan Little - Jarome Iginla
? - Cody Eakin - ?

Sami Vatanen - Andrei Markov
? - Morgan Rielly

Semyon Varlamov

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

The New Jersey selects 23-year old Calvin de Haan to complement Tanev -- de Haan had a downslide last year but he really has yet to hit his potential -- he's a very good skater but hasn't developed his offensive game much at the NHL level. Still, he has major upside and was still pretty solid for an Islanders club with no discernable defensive system.

Ennis-Stepan-Pominville
Hossa-Horvat-xxx
xxx-Girgensons-xxx

Hedman-McDonagh
Tanev-de Haan

0 goals for and against

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It was actually hard to decide between the 2 players at the top of my list. Both are young but ones a forward and ones a D and I think Im gonna stack up on D because why not.

Chicago is happy to select Darnell Nurse. He is only 20 and hasnt really had much exposure to the league yet so its a very big risk, but its one worth taking because he has a pretty high ceiling. And lets face it, everyone gets better when they leave Edmonton.

I think Menamino is up next?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I'm not gonna be around most of tomorrow so let me just go with my gut and take yet another center, my boy Frans Nielsen

stab is up

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stab picks Noah Hanifin

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Menamino posted:

I'm not gonna be around most of tomorrow so let me just go with my gut and take yet another center, my boy Frans Nielsen

stab is up

drat you I had my eye on Nielsen

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oilers will take P.A. Parenteau for the sole purpose of being able to run the PPP line

Steen-Strome-Zuccarello
Pastrnak-Perreault-Parenteau

Doughty-Muzzin
Gardiner-?

Mrazek

e: the San Jose Sharks are up which means it's time for someone to look at a Corsi chart and find a guy

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 9, 2015

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Tremendous Taste posted:

Stab picks Noah Hanifin

Hell yes drafting my #6 dman before my #2 all day long son

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

turns out i am the man who looks at the corsi chart and also finds the guy

the sharks select Andrej Nestrasil because Corsi Rules Everything Around Me

the Washington Capitals and Habibi are up as of noon

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

turns out i am the man who looks at the corsi chart and also finds the guy

the sharks select Andrej Nestrasil because Corsi Rules Everything Around Me

the Washington Capitals and Habibi are up as of noon

The draft in which a guy who got waived gets picked before countless established NHLers.
This is why none of us are GMs

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh gently caress Nestrasil is gone my list is ruined

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The draft in which a guy who got waived gets picked before countless established NHLers.

We're not Old Boy enough

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 9, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

really we should be forcibly corsi-picking for teams who miss their pick as punishment at this point. imagine the horror you would feel if you were intending to take some saucy young D-man and come back to find you've been autopicked

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

really we should be forcibly corsi-picking for teams who miss their pick as punishment at this point. imagine the horror you would feel if you were intending to take some saucy young D-man and come back to find you've been autopicked

That is a face fit for hockey, if nothing else.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

RC Cola can pick now

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Popping in to pick Nikita Zadorov, more words later.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

everyone sucks today and T-Bone can pick a guy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ginette Reno I guess is up now

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
love this dude's game, outrageous speed and the brains n hands to use it, I will be flabbergasted if he doesn't play in the Peg's top 6 this year:

Nikolaj Ehlers

E.Staal-J.Staal-?
JVR-Henrique-Ehlers

Karlsson-DeKeyser
Pouliot-Murray

Rask

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 10, 2015

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh dear god in heaven a pick!!

Technetium can pick whenever now too

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Jason Garrison - good steadying vet for my blue line. I'm quite amazed he was still there. I thought he was long gone.

Marchand-Malkin
Hoffman-Galchenyuk
Nichuskin

Garrison-Letang
Petry-Dumba

Schneider

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 10, 2015

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

He's probably still on the board because he had quite a bad season and he seems to be on the rapid decline. He had four goals on an offensive powerhouse and negative possession numbers.

It seems like Schneider is gonna have to make 50 saves a night with that blueline, especially if (when) Letang gets hurt.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

He's probably still on the board because he had quite a bad season and he seems to be on the rapid decline. He had four goals on an offensive powerhouse and negative possession numbers.

It seems like Schneider is gonna have to make 50 saves a night with that blueline, especially if (when) Letang gets hurt.

huh? garrison's fine

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1021&withagainst=true&season=2014-15&sit=5v5

some better with, some without.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

H-R notes a negative relative CORSI and Fenwick, which is way down from his prior years, and considering he only had four goals, I'd say he's declining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aye Doc posted:

RC Cola can pick now

We take noted douchebag Mike Ribeiro. Internet is down my bad

• Locked thread