Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kasich down 1 point despite a good debate showing. I wonder how long the donors will keep half-assedly promoting him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Vox Nihili posted:

Kasich down 1 point despite a good debate showing. I wonder how long the donors will keep half-assedly promoting him.
Are there any more debates in Ohio? If not, they're already finished.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Hey goons, I made new posters!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The Trump one on grey and the Bernie one on blue are the most attractive, imo

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

I mean it was only a good debate showing to the punditry and other people outside of the republican base. Showing basic human compassion for people in poverty, people who rely on gov't assistance, or for gay families isn't going to ingratiate him to GOP primary voters.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Oh my god. This is on the front page of reddit:

I love Bernie but this is an offensive comparison to make

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

blue squares posted:

reddit is a racist place

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

blue squares posted:

I remember when I thought social situations between blacks/whites and men/women or whatever were symmetrical. I think I was about 13.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

blue squares posted:

If that was posted here, I admit I would find it humorous, assuming it was of course meant ironically. That's pretty bad meant seriously.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

blue squares posted:

I just ran across this one:

:yikes:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

blue squares posted:

yeah but it's reddit. when has reddit not taken something and made it into a racist caricature of itself.

fortunately no one but white people go to reddit

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
[Serious] Redditors who want Trump to become president, why?

4603 points, 7153 comments

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

MrBims posted:

lol

reddit: becuse he will deport all the messicans

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

blue squares posted:

Hahahaha oh my god we are hosed.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MrBims posted:

I didn't open that thread but I assumed it was almost all ironic inside.

edit: or at least, full of posts so badly written it's impossible to tell whether they are ironic or not.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

reddit is a racist place

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Would be a good starter image for a photoshop thread.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Pohl posted:

Lol this rules though.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This is an exhibition piece.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn't open that thread but I assumed it was almost all ironic inside.

edit: or at least, full of posts so badly written it's impossible to tell whether they are ironic or not.

It was the standard "he's not a politican" and "he speaks his mind" stuff.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Sanders is beyond done. He can't even get Portland behind him.
With Hillary Clinton not having to fight off any contenders for the Democratic nomination, she will be rusty and wide-open for the Republicans to trample, riding a wave of anti-Obama sentiment that has been bubbling under for years.
Someone please put me on a boat to Sweden or something

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Idiot Kicker posted:

What are you basing this on? Some 20,000 Portlanders are 30 minutes away from watching a Sanders rally

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Pohl posted:

I mean if you're gonna troll, you open yourself up to counter-trolling and drat

Idiot Kicker posted:

With Hillary Clinton not having to fight off any contenders for the Democratic nomination, she will be rusty and wide-open for the Republicans to trample, riding a wave of anti-Obama sentiment that has been bubbling under for years.
Username-post combo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

blue squares posted:

loving idiots.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol like the top 10 posts on reddit are that protestor with the white tears shirt on /r/punchablefaces obviously with people threatening violence against her. like 10 different posts in the same subforum comprising most o fthe top 10 lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Idiot Kicker posted:

Sanders' support is presently the highest it has been.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
reddit is really loving racist and misogynistic lmao

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

blue squares posted:

What are you basing this on? Some 20,000 Portlanders are 30 minutes away from watching a Sanders rally

He's facing protests in a city that, more than almost any other in the nation, should be a cakewalk for someone with his message. He's not exactly rolling through Birmingham tonight.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Idiot Kicker posted:

The rally he did in Portland Seattle was his biggest event and the biggest event any candidate of either party has held yet. The Portland event is looking even bigger.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

reddit is really loving racist lmao
And sexist, and athiest, they're basically every -ist

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Idiot Kicker posted:

He's facing protests in a city that, more than almost any other in the nation, should be a cakewalk for someone with his message. He's not exactly rolling through Birmingham tonight.

Two people hijaked his stage. Two people.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

reddit is really loving racist and misogynistic lmao

They genuinely believe as a website that white people are prevented from speaking out against black people for fear of being blacklisted in their "permanent records" as racists.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I do not think that the low number of debates is to protect Hillary. There are only 4 debate candidates right now (and it will probably remain that way) so having a bunch of debates will wear thin quickly. Everyone will have plenty of time to talk and get their viewpoints out there. Unlike the Republicans where it can be a rotating circus with differing views and feud that can play out.

Also, let the republicans hang themselves. The more debates that the Democrats have, the more Republicans can ignore each other and just rail on any of the Democrats (ha ha ha only Hillary).

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

I'm at worst slightly miffed that the Bureau of Land Management supporters hijacked the mic, and mostly pretty pleased because, hey, Bernie added that racial justice stuff to his site and at least seems like he's going to add that into his talking points. I guess we'll see tonight. Can't fault the BLM protesters for doing that if it got something done.

The race stuff was obviously in the works before the rally crash, there's not enough time to prepare it between the events, but it would have been in response to previous black criticism. So arguably they were just late.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Idiot Kicker posted:

The fun thing about having an anxiety disorder is that therapy for it helps teach you to stop freaking out over possible imagined scenarios.

Just breathe, dude. Sweden doesn't need you just yet. And there's no use getting worked up over a (very specific) prediction that hasn't yet come, and never may. Time spent freaking out over the future could be time spent making, I don't know, s'mores or something.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Reminder that the election is still 15 months away and the first vote isn't for about 6 months.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Buzzfeed just published an accusation that Breitbart is receiving financial backing from Trump in return for promotion. The story is drawn from anonymous sources.

"Breitbart Staffers Believe Trump Has Given Money To Site For Favorable Coverage"

quote:

not everyone within the the website’s editorial ranks is on board with Breitbart’s boosterism, and many inside the company believe Trump has provided undisclosed financial backing to the outlet in exchange for glowing coverage, as I report in my forthcoming book about the GOP and 2016, The Wilderness.

According to four sources with knowledge of the situation, editors and writers at the outlet have privately complained since at least last year that the company’s top management was allowing Trump to turn Breitbart into his own fan website — using it to hype his political prospects, and attack his enemies. One current editor called the water-carrying “despicable” and “embarrassing,” and said he was told by an executive last year that the company had a financial arrangement with Trump. A second Breitbart staffer said he had heard a similar description of the site’s relationship with the billionaire but didn’t know the details; and a third source at the company said he knew of several instances when managers had overruled editors at Trump’s behest. Additionally, a conservative communications operative who works closely with Breitbart described conversations in which “multiple writers and editors” said Trump was paying for the ability to shape coverage, and added that one staffer claimed to have seen documentation of the “pay for play.”

All four sources spoke on condition of anonymity so as not to jeopardize their jobs; and none knew exactly how Trump’s alleged arrangement with the privately-held company worked.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Idiot Kicker posted:

It's impossible for a politician to be in Portland without protests. We didn't get nicknamed "Little Beirut" for nothing.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

blue squares posted:

Reddit delenda est

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

HappyHippo posted:

That NBC poll is online now.

"Among Trump supporters, a majority - 54% -- said they would vote for him for president as an independent candidate, even if he does not win the Republican nomination."

we need a REAL poll goddamn

• Locked thread