Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

QuarkJets posted:

How long do I have to wait until GOPers start calling Bernie Sanders the antichrist? Do we need to have a debate first or something?

They'll mostly ignore him until/if he evens up with Hillary. Then they will attack him furiously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pohl posted:

They'll mostly ignore him until/if he evens up with Hillary. Then they will attack him furiously.

GOPers would attack Bernie for the same reason Claire McCaskill attacked Todd Akin during his primary.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pohl posted:

If trumpmentum keeps up this pace, all the GOP mouthpieces will have collapsed on themselves by then

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
"Ugh, Bernie never talks about addressing racism directly."

"Ugh, Bernie's package addressing racism is too long, he could never do all that."

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Pinterest Mom posted:

GOPers would attack Bernie for the same reason Claire McCaskill attacked Todd Akin during his primary.

GOPers would love Bernie the same way we love Trump.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Bobby Jindal already endorsed Bernie.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Miltank posted:

Nihilistically laughing into the void that slowly encroaches us with the promise of eternal rest after burning us all to ash?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Miltank posted:

I'm not sure that conservatives are capable of deriving humor from things they don't actually like.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
So many white tears ITT

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

fronz posted:

Bobby Jindal already endorsed Bernie.

Didn't Megan Kelley say after the Republican debate that a Dem was going to win?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

echronorian posted:

So many white tears ITT

Hurrrrrr.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

echronorian posted:

So many white tears ITT

Aww come on we're all being nice even if we disagree.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Sanders wants to be the American Emperor as much as Trump

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I took echronorian's post to mean semen. Because white tears = semen.

And yes, I am jizzing my jorts for Bernie rn

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

JT Jag posted:

I'm not sure that conservatives are capable of deriving humor from things they don't actually like.

Neeksy posted:

Nihilistically laughing into the void that slowly encroaches us with the promise of eternal rest after burning us all to ash?

They really seriously totally hate and despise Hillary Clinton and want to laugh as the DNC falls apart from internal backlash.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

echronorian posted:

I was considering your opposing views for a while and was trying to understand this bedrock of bitterness

but at this point

I'm just gonna go ahead and laugh while I dismiss you from now on.

Namaste, have a bless day :wave:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

echronorian posted:

Good. We have become atomized and weak.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
IMPERATOR BERNIOSA

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

echronorian posted:

We'll be the yoojest empieyuh the wohrld's evuh seen.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Look, be excited about Sanders. Excited that he wins and enacts all of his ideas, and that they're all tremendous successes. I like that notion. But don't be disappointed when none of these things happen and get discouraged about politics.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

echronorian posted:

Look, be excited about Sanders. Excited that he wins and enacts all of his ideas, and that they're all tremendous successes. I like that notion. But don't be disappointed when none of these things happen and get discouraged about politics.

Totally understand that.

gently caress Congress~ :v:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

echronorian posted:

Like I posted in D&D when all this started. Young people need to get their heart broken by a politician. It is good for them. Don't take that away.
Edit: It was a longer and more eloquent post, but everyone needs to be kicked in the balls by a failed candidate at least once.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 10, 2015

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

echronorian posted:

Because neither of them really do?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Everybody knows that there's no real difference between presidents, even though the executive branch is the most powerful its ever been in history.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Everybody knows that there's no real difference between presidents, even though the executive branch is the most powerful its ever been in history.

These are the times we need sarcasm tags because someone is going to take you seriously.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

echronorian posted:

you're not trying hard enough IMO

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
What even is the general expectation for Congress to look like in 2016?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

you're not trying hard enough IMO

That's because I'm a liberal

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

echronorian posted:

what if you're already discouraged and cynical about politics? what then huh?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Raruna posted:

Break even, maybe. Probably Republican controlled unless there is a huge Democratic wave nationwide.
We will have a better idea of how things are going to go in a few months.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Abner Cadaver II posted:

IMPERATOR BERNIOSA

WITNESS ME MONEYBAGS!!!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Raruna posted:

Imagine Edvard Munch's The Scream, but on fire.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

what if you're already discouraged and cynical about politics? what then huh?

Can't stump the trump

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

echronorian posted:

So many white tears ITT

It's actually pee

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Reddit continues to try to make me ashamed of being white.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

echronorian posted:

Can't stump the trump

I wonder if his birth certificate team will ever report back their results.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Kylra posted:

Reddit continues to try to make me ashamed of being white.

:itwaspoo:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

I wonder if his birth certificate team will ever report back their results.

They were stumped, and therefore according to Trump law, distrumpted.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

If Hillary Clinton doesn't get to the general again, she's probably going to live the rest of her life as a very bitter woman.

That's not a reason to vote for someone, mind you, but it does make me a little sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Bernie's 15 dollar minimum wage just alienated every small business owner in America. Funny, he didn't mention all his pro gun views in Portland.

• Locked thread