Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

They should make the T-1000 the Random Select box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They should include an Endoskeleton version while they're at it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
So, TEW folks, how much cheating do you do with the database? I generally do a little at least, since I'm mostly interesting in a booking simulation not a budgeting simulation. Though this newest game, for kicks I set it so Bischoff hates both Austin and Regal in the hopes that they'd get released sooner than later - sure, I could just edit it so they worked for me, but I thought this might be more interesting. I also gave Hogan and Bischoff some severe addiction/steroid issues. We'll see how that all plays out, so far the only noticeable reaction is that Hogan beat Austin for the US title in WCW.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Perry Normal posted:

So, TEW folks, how much cheating do you do with the database? I generally do a little at least, since I'm mostly interesting in a booking simulation not a budgeting simulation. Though this newest game, for kicks I set it so Bischoff hates both Austin and Regal in the hopes that they'd get released sooner than later - sure, I could just edit it so they worked for me, but I thought this might be more interesting. I also gave Hogan and Bischoff some severe addiction/steroid issues. We'll see how that all plays out, so far the only noticeable reaction is that Hogan beat Austin for the US title in WCW.

I normally always do little things like this when I start getting bored, but I am trying to play my current game completely in the bounds of the financial reality of the AWA.

At the end of the day it's a visual spreadsheet, so I don't really see why you wouldn't edit some of the cells in it if it makes it more fun for you.

edit: Immediately tempted to do this when

happens 7 years early

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 8, 2015

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm trying to do a battle royal to determine draft order for fantasy football league.

2K15 let you give everybody infinite finishers in the rumble or start with 3 preloaded?

Would Mdickie be more fun to do this with? 2K's royal rumbles are lame

89 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Aug 9, 2015

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".

TheJoker138 posted:

T1 version better get booed when he comes out while T2 version gets a jesus pop.

How messed up would it be if you were watching RAW or Smackdown and an actual Terminator were to come out?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

On the one hand, he doesn't get tired, he will not stop until you are dead.
On the other hand his work rate is atrocious.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Would be keeping with Vince McMahon's booking, I mean in his first match he lost to a woman. :v:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I got WWE 2K15 on Steam and I've been playing it for the past day. The creative options suck but I actually think the matches are kinda fun. Is that weird?

Also is there a site with mod resources?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

89 posted:

I'm trying to do a battle royal to determine draft order for fantasy football league.

2K15 let you give everybody infinite finishers in the rumble or start with 3 preloaded?

Would Mdickie be more fun to do this with? 2K's royal rumbles are lame

MDickie rumbles take forever and sometimes the game crashes because too many dudes in one match. Fill the ring with weapons and get something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI5v8vsEPqM

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

MDickie rumbles take forever and sometimes the game crashes because too many dudes in one match. Fill the ring with weapons and get something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI5v8vsEPqM

If you've never seen this, watch it. It's the best thing of all time.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Little Mac posted:

I got WWE 2K15 on Steam and I've been playing it for the past day. The creative options suck but I actually think the matches are kinda fun. Is that weird?

Also is there a site with mod resources?

http://smacktalks.org/forums/forum/252-pc/

http://forums.2k.com/forumdisplay.php?606-WWE-2K15-%28PC%29-Mods-Discussion

There are probably others, but those are the two I use.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I thought WWE was doing a press conference like thing for the roster like they did last year but apparently it is just the old IGN weekly reveal stuff instead. I think they jumped the gun and tweeted the link out, but the image shows the Lucha Dragons are in from the NXT R Evolution show.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
they look really weird. i can't really tell what's going on with them but they don't look right.

GenericMartini fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 10, 2015

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kalisto doesn't wear a paintball mouth guard, his mask is pretty open from the nose down

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

St Evan Echoes posted:

Kalisto doesn't wear a paintball mouth guard, his mask is pretty open from the nose down

He wore one down to the ring at NXT R-Evolution.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Testekill posted:

He wore one down to the ring at NXT R-Evolution.
oh yeah

I still think that's what makes his mask look weird tho

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They still look like plastic dolls despite the attempt at making them look realistic.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The actual problem is the camera angle, it makes them look taller than the top rope.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I thought General Adnan and Colonel Mustafa was a weird choice to put into the game, then a quick google search showed that they were in the Path of the Warrior DLC from 2K15

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I got an English patch for Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 and drat that game is fun. It's weird playing Wrestlemania 2000 but with a Puro roster

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

triplexpac posted:

I got an English patch for Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 and drat that game is fun. It's weird playing Wrestlemania 2000 but with a Puro roster
VPW2 is fantastic. I like how they didn't just make a WM2000 reskin with a bunch of Japanese wrestlers but actually put in the work to make it feel different. You have the fighting spirit counters and special "burning" finishers and all that kind of stuff, it's great.

I don't know which puro game I like better, VPW2 or King of Colosseum II. Both are excellent.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Doc Morbid posted:

VPW2 is fantastic. I like how they didn't just make a WM2000 reskin with a bunch of Japanese wrestlers but actually put in the work to make it feel different. You have the fighting spirit counters and special "burning" finishers and all that kind of stuff, it's great.

I don't know which puro game I like better, VPW2 or King of Colosseum II. Both are excellent.

Is there a good guide to explain the differences? I had no idea the features you're talking about existed.

I do really like how the AKI movesets make a lot more sense in the Puro world. Moves I laughed at when I was a teen who only knew WWF are now awesome.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The best game would have been a VPW3 based off of No Mercy

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I do really like how the AKI movesets make a lot more sense in the Puro world. Moves I laughed at when I was a teen who only knew WWF are now awesome.

They really do, back in the day I was always baffled as to why pile-drivers were so poo poo tier in AKI games.

some differences between WM 2000 and VPW2
Shoot fighting and free combo fighting styles
Shot fight match styles
A small but effective caw logic menu
A cool mask creater in caw
Running grapples
Full win/loss/draw records for every wrestler

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 10, 2015

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Running grapples were added in no mercy. What does no mercy have that vpw 2 doesn't.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

What does no mercy have that vpw 2 doesn't.

Ladder match

The King of Kings

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Nah VPW2 was the first with running grapples. Kobahi had his running neck-breaker and Akiyama an exploder.

No Mercy has persistent weapons.
New animations like the 360 sell for clotheslines and the spaz out sell for top rope dives.
removed a lot of reversals like the german suplex no sell into a running attack
Had Slowdown in matches with more than 2 wrestlers.
removed created titles with records replaced them with WWF titles, but left out records
Better textures

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

remusclaw posted:

Had Slowdown in matches with more than 2 wrestlers.

What drove me crazy is that you'd get this slowdown with managers, and there is no way to turn them off. So even 1v1 matches would have slowdown a lot of the time

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Apparently turning the music off helps with the slowdown, nothing however helps with the random and regular deletion of all your progress.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Newly confirmed for 2K16

quote:

Booker T
Colonel Mustafa
Emma
Eva Marie
General Adnan
Kalisto
Kane
Lord Steven Regal
Sin Cara
Summer Rae
Tamina
Triple H

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Colonel Mustafa
Emma
Eva Marie
General Adnan

Sweet, I can finally make that ISIS faction

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

remusclaw posted:

Apparently turning the music off helps with the slowdown, nothing however helps with the random and regular deletion of all your progress.

That's one I've never heard. I don't want to turn off the music though, DIG DIGGITY DAWG

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

So are they just throwing in all the characters they already had for 2k15 to make up numbers? Adnan/Mustafa makes very little sense for storyline as they did a Warrior thing last time and they're clearly not going to feature WM7 Hogan

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Well they claim to not count different eras of the same character so the 2K15 DLC wrestlers will number, what, 15-17? The Warrior DLC guys, the WCW guys, Christian, and the Ascension / Adam Rose / Emma and Paige. If the old Hunter Hearst Helmsley model is the Connecticut Blueblood gimmick it'll probably get left in. Might pull the same trick with Mustafa / The Sheik.

The most important open question is whether they worked things out with Mick Foley

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

remusclaw posted:

My solution for this is a controller pack to back up all my CAWs and a gameshark to immediately unlock everything, though that doesn't help if you regularly edit the main roster's costumes.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I bought a Everdrive 64. It's like $70 or so, and you can run all the games off an SD card that backs up your saves.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Each camera angle lower than the last