Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Oh god no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
This thread often makes me feel very uncomfortable. Phlegmish's post was one of those times. hth

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I find it interesting because posting your pic is your choice and it's a forum for people to comment on. Some people are attractive and other folk want to let them know that without coming across as creepy, you can sometimes almost feel them re writing a post a few times until it's an 'acceptable' compliment.

People genuinely try to say nice things and sometimes they swing and miss, I don't think that should make us want to stop those people trying it's more a case ofOOOH A SHINY THING LOOK!

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Like Phlegmish, I too like girls who can't run away from me.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Welp

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

lol

also personally I think if someone says something creepy, even if they intended well, they should be mocked, so that they learn better.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Phthisis posted:

lol

also personally I think if someone says something creepy, even if they intended well, they should be mocked, so that they learn better.

We need to nurture them and teach them to use their powers for good.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
how not to be creepy

1. don't be a goon
2. realize you've already failed and just do what makes you happy! (unless it's something creepy)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

People complaining about other people being creepy is, to me, creepy.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gum chicka is hot so what? Literally a bird shakes.

GunChicka
Dec 5, 2014

bang bang
The compliments weren't the weird part, fwiw. Really though any effort is nice, decent burns, compliments, and sincere creep posts. Just commit.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Jesus, without posting your own pictures, you people don't have a leg to stand on. :v:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aardark posted:

how not to be creepy

1. don't be a goon
2. realize you've already failed and just do what makes you happy! (unless it's something creepy)

You look like Julian Sands.

This is a compliment, btw.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Jesus, without posting your own pictures, you people don't have a leg to stand on. :v:

I know right. I can say whatever I want since I posted!

*pushes past Phlegmish and takes Gunchicka's hand, kissing it softly*

I'd carry you around the world just to be with you.

*adjusts fedora and sport coat*

Thats how you do it, NERD. note how its not creepy at all totally not at all.

peter gabriel posted:

I find it interesting because posting your pic is your choice and it's a forum for people to comment on. Some people are attractive and other folk want to let them know that without coming across as creepy, you can sometimes almost feel them re writing a post a few times until it's an 'acceptable' compliment.

People genuinely try to say nice things and sometimes they swing and miss, I don't think that should make us want to stop those people trying it's more a case ofOOOH A SHINY THING LOOK!
This is a good post.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Phlegmish posted:

It's not a diss. It doesn't matter to me, I would carry you around just to be near you.

Well, I would need to hit the gym for a few months first, as I am weak, flabby and out of shape (also ugly). But theoretically, I would do that.

I will carry you while you were carrying her just because I think it would be awkward for all three of us. good luck explaining that one to your wife bucko.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jastiger your AV makes me suspect syscall girl is actually a time traveller.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Darth123123 posted:

Gum chicka is hot so what? Literally a bird shakes.

Well now I can't try to re-rail the thread without looking like a jealous shrew, thanks a LOT :colbert:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

oldpainless posted:

People complaining about other people being creepy is, to me, creepy.

Forums are like a beautiful half-ouroboros, half-human centipede engine of shame sometimes

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

darth cookie posted:

Jastiger your AV makes me suspect syscall girl is actually a time traveller.

What? Why?

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

I will contribute by posting a picture of me taken while reading this thread

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Phlegmish posted:

It's not a diss. It doesn't matter to me, I would carry you around just to be near you.

Well, I would need to hit the gym for a few months first, as I am weak, flabby and out of shape (also ugly). But theoretically, I would do that.

When did you buy your name change, Granos?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Phthisis posted:

I will contribute by posting a picture of me taken while reading this thread

You don't have the hair to wear that jersey.

Old tiny picture in return.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Well now I can't try to re-rail the thread without looking like a jealous shrew, thanks a LOT :colbert:

Pretty sure shrews are mammals, not birds, so I think you're safe. :v:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

You don't have the hair to wear that jersey.

Old tiny picture in return.

You've ruined the illusion :( I've always pictured you as literally a goat.

I guess I'm not a bird either :shobon:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jastiger posted:

What? Why?

On my phone your AV looks like a 19th century bearded mirror image of syscall girls picture.

It's possible I should see an optometrist.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

syscall girl posted:

Way to be creepy. Goons, amiright? :rolleyes:

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

syscall girl posted:

Thank you. People also tell me I look like Ryan Gosling, when I wear a paper bag with his picture printed on it.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Snotty By Nature has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Aug 23, 2015

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mocking Bird posted:

You've ruined the illusion :( I've always pictured you as literally a goat.

I guess I'm not a bird either :shobon:

Dang.

darth cookie posted:

On my phone your AV looks like a 19th century bearded mirror image of syscall girls picture.

It's possible I should see an optometrist.

Yes, go see the eye doc lol

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
Back when I had longer hair, I climbed a mountain. I didn't fall off it, but I was greeted, in that gorgeous view from the top, by a massive advancing wall of black storm clouds. The journey back down the mountain was pretty much the world's largest slip and slide, so saying I didn't fall off is a really great privilege of mine.

These days, my hair's a little shorter, and I've got some facial hair.

Also, I've been making jam. This, for instance, is pear jam, which I suppose makes me Eddie Vedder.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Back when I had longer hair, I climbed a mountain. I didn't fall off it, but I was greeted, in that gorgeous view from the top, by a massive advancing wall of black storm clouds. The journey back down the mountain was pretty much the world's largest slip and slide, so saying I didn't fall off is a really great privilege of mine.

These days, my hair's a little shorter, and I've got some facial hair.

Also, I've been making jam. This, for instance, is pear jam, which I suppose makes me Eddie Vedder.

you really need to act in a shakespeare play or be part of a civil war reenactment. you look the part for those sorts of things

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is that the lowest V-neck in the world or are you wearing a vest with no shirt like some sexual dynamo?

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Is that the lowest V-neck in the world or are you wearing a vest with no shirt like some sexual dynamo?

I've started calling this "the San Francisco V" in my head after seeing it 100000+ times at Dolores Park, often accompanied by a twee cardigan and a craft beer in a can.

I'm all about it :toot:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Quiet Feet posted:

I will carry you while you were carrying her just because I think it would be awkward for all three of us. good luck explaining that one to your wife bucko.

That doesn't bother me. I am spinning counterclockwise, each turn robs the planet of angular momentum, slowing its spin the tiniest bit, lengthening the night, pushing back the dawn, giving me a little more time here, with you.

Wait you are also a hot chick right?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I would legit climb ever previously climbed goon mountain and smoke a joint with them up there.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I feel I must come to defense of my good buddy Phlegmish for you see he is a Belgian, more used to people not having working hands than working legs.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Kanine posted:

you really need to act in a shakespeare play or be part of a civil war reenactment. you look the part for those sorts of things

I immediately thought Musketeer.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Don't take selfies while riding a motorcycle, kids.

I swear I'm not angry here. I'm squinting at the sun and cursing it inwardly.

Edit: shave more often than my lazy rear end.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Someone just emailed me a pic of me which is always a odd

I am seeing if they have a bigger version :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Its always a good idea to take a picture right after waking up right?