Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.

StashAugustine posted:

I might be able to on like Wednesday or something, I work nights so it would have to be like around noon EST

I just had ankle surgery so I'm laid up and my schedule is pretty flexible until Thursday. Let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008

BonHair posted:

Hanabi is an amazing portable game, which lives in my bag all the time. Get Hanabi, you will not be disappointed*. Other than that, all the other recommendations are good. Add Timeline to the list too, even though it's hardly a game.

*Disappointment may occur. Hanabi is not for everyone, but it's not at all inaccessible either.

Anyway, I came here to post about my latest project. I live in the middle-eastern part of Copenhagen, and there was a junk-sale thing going on in a square. I paid slightly too much (:10bux:) for this collection of old lebanese coins:

They come in three denominations, 1, 10 and 25 (technically 1, 0.10 and 0.25). Sadly there were no 2/0.02's or 5/0.05's, but I will just find those some other time. Excuse the very shaky picture:

I really like having real metal coins in Dungeon Lords, and I'm thinking it will work in 7 Wonders, Coup and probably other games. I just need to find out what good games use coins now, so I can buy that poo poo!
vault wars had some really nice kick starter set of coins.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen was odd. Picked out because the group got to 8 people and we just picked whichever game that supported it. It's kind of... not good? Basically it's two games in one. Players are divided up into Ladies or Gents, paired up as a couple and the ladies have to shop for the most fabulous outfit for the ball. The gents do all the game work by working the stock exchange and approving their lady's purchases. It was pretty... eh. Funny once everyone got in character but still eh gameplay wise.

No one in the group had played any of them so we all struggled with the horribly written rules every time except trivia and even then we managed to screw up by setting up and heading off in the reverse order. :v:

Ladies and Gentlemen is totally rad, especially with the right group of people. The mini games that are played on each side aren't particularly thrilling, but their purpose is to set up what makes the game so awesome: the baffling, clueless , frustrating interaction between the ladies and their respective gentlemen. Generally, the ladies have a strategy all lined up; the gents, on the other hand, might be working towards something entirely different. Combined with the restrictions on communication (which also help push everyone into a bit of roleplaying), this leads to some hilarious miscommunication. It's not enormously deep, but if you've got six or eight or ten people looking for a team game, it works really well. Especially if you've got a whole bunch of couples together.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah I kind of got the feeling that a lot of the game's rules are an excuse for roleplay rather than any particular depth or mechanics. Thats fine if thats what you're after but as a group diving into a new game I think everyone was pretty baffled by what we were doing.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

SynthOrange posted:

Hey boardgoons. I found a meetup group for Melbourne that does all kind of board games and went to my first meet on Saturday and didnt get horribly murdered by meeting strangers from the internet. Giant stack of games in the middle of the space that people picked and played from. Quite a few that I recognized but none of them were the games I ended up in that day.

We played R-eco, some trivia game, Space Junk and Ladies and Gentlemen.

R-eco is sort of a mutant UNO where you're getting rid of trash cards at recycling centers.

Space Junk was probably the most interesting of the lot. You play as a bunch of scavengers building your ship with junk, orbiting the earth in a race where you can also attack other players for their loot or points. A little mechanically unbalanced since you get different character cards assigned to each player, so one player skipped out the combat entirely and just raced around hoarding an enormous pile of loot, while another player had ridiculously huge guns and murdered his way to 1st place by more than twice the score of other players. Nerf him! Also the scoring track is ridiculous and should have followed a better pattern than an uneven serpentine.

Ladies and Gentlemen was odd. Picked out because the group got to 8 people and we just picked whichever game that supported it. It's kind of... not good? Basically it's two games in one. Players are divided up into Ladies or Gents, paired up as a couple and the ladies have to shop for the most fabulous outfit for the ball. The gents do all the game work by working the stock exchange and approving their lady's purchases. It was pretty... eh. Funny once everyone got in character but still eh gameplay wise.

No one in the group had played any of them so we all struggled with the horribly written rules every time except trivia and even then we managed to screw up by setting up and heading off in the reverse order. :v:

Oh, your table was like 2 tables away from us (we were playing Istanbul, Sushi Go!, Tragedy Looper, Notre Dame, and Argent: The Consortium)! If you haven't already, check out the Mon, Tue, and Wed night events - they're each a bit different in who attends, but they're all pretty decent.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes but do I want to make it 4 days a week of boardgames? :ohdear:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Mage Knight expansion came today! I think i got an okay version of it? I didn't do any direct comparisons but everything looked kinda looked and felt smaller than they should be, but i didn't get the cards that were that deeper color on the back like in that picture a while back so hurray?

A quick glance through the scenarios shows a 1 day and 1 night thing you can do? I personally don't see why you'd go through all the trouble of setting up the whole board just to play 2 quick rounds like that. Although maybe in practice 2 rounds is more than enough time to find the artifact or whatever it is exactly.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

SynthOrange posted:

Man, I wish I could play games four nights a week. I'm lucky if my group meets once a month.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!

SynthOrange posted:

What kind of question is that!? Of course you do!

Provided your life and obligations allow for it...

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

SynthOrange posted:

It just means you have an amount of flexibility that the rest of us would kill for. You could go Monday, Wednesday one week and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday the next.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
4 days of meetups sounds like a bit much for me but hey, I'd like to have the option at least. Had a bit of a boardgaming drought of late with moving house and all, but then my partner and I stayed in and played argent three nights in a row over the weekend and are breaking out T&E tomorrow :getin:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

A quick glance through the scenarios shows a 1 day and 1 night thing you can do? I personally don't see why you'd go through all the trouble of setting up the whole board just to play 2 quick rounds like that. Although maybe in practice 2 rounds is more than enough time to find the artifact or whatever it is exactly.

lol if you don't have a dedicated Mage Knight table in your home (I don't either :( )

Star Realms is a great timewaster vs AI on the tablet in my opinion. The game is as bad as everyone says. but it's decently entertaining for what it is in my opinion. Just don't be afraid to ragequit if you get a bad start.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Man, I wish I could play games four nights a week. I'm lucky if my group meets once a month.

Hey, I found this group by looking up Meetup.com, so I just wandered down and it seemed pretty decent. Only one person could have really used a shower among about 80 or so, so that's a pretty drat good ratio. Helped that it was held at a pub venue so drinks and food on hand. Try looking up your area and see what you turn up.

There's supposed to be one on tonight, RIGHT NOW, but I'll skip because I just cycled home in the rain. :v: Tomorrow sounds fun tho, above a japanese bar/restraunt. hooray!

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
4 a week is a rare conjunction: The Saturday is monthly, the Mon/Wed are fortnightly, but the Tuesday one is weekly. I don't go to all of them regularly, but it's nice to have options if I don't have anything else on. (Thursdays fortnightly is the RPG meetup at that same Japanese place, but I think that's in a different meetup group. It usually runs on the alternate weeks though, so you couldn't get a 4-in-a-row from that.)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
When the university is in term time I have 3 weekly sessions I can attend, plus semi regular full day Saturday sessions, along side a hand full of bigger once or twice a year regional scale game days.

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Why would anybody ever kicktart something like this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scandalous/scandalous-the-naughty-drawing-game/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/459648706/i-see-what-you-did-there-18/

It can't be that hard to come up with "naughty" games by yourself. Why pay for such things?

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

BonHair posted:

Just don't be afraid to ragequit if you get a bad start.

Good advice for any game, really.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
For some reason, Birmingham, Alabama is some kind of weird board game mecca.

Here's the weekly schedule of public board game nights:

Wednesday (8/5) at The Keep (Alabaster)
Wednesday (8/5) at Brookwood Mall (Homewood)
Thursday (8/6) at Excelsior (Hoover)
Friday (8/7) at Bud's Place (Leeds)
Saturday (8/8) at The Keep (Alabaster)
Saturday (8/8) at East 59 Vintage & Cafe (Birmingham)

All but one of these pull at least a dozen people weekly (a couple regularly get 20+), and they're all within a 30-minute drive from my house (and I live a bit outside the city).

It feels weird to have so many board gamers in the middle of the deep south.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

WhiteHowler posted:

For some reason, Birmingham, Alabama is some kind of weird board game mecca.

Here's the weekly schedule of public board game nights:

Wednesday (8/5) at The Keep (Alabaster)
Wednesday (8/5) at Brookwood Mall (Homewood)
Thursday (8/6) at Excelsior (Hoover)
Friday (8/7) at Bud's Place (Leeds)
Saturday (8/8) at The Keep (Alabaster)
Saturday (8/8) at East 59 Vintage & Cafe (Birmingham)

All but one of these pull at least a dozen people weekly (a couple regularly get 20+), and they're all within a 30-minute drive from my house (and I live a bit outside the city).

It feels weird to have so many board gamers in the middle of the deep south.

It's a college town so you will get that.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

sonatinas posted:

It's a college town so you will get that.
It's not college kids coming to these things though, and none of the locations other than Brookwood Mall are particularly close to UAB. Actually, I'd say we get more students from Montevallo (way south of the city) than UAB, and it's not that many. It's mostly people in their mid-20's to late-30's.

There has been a regular weekly gaming night in Birmingham all the way back to a single-table small group playing at a coffee shop back in 2008 or so. I think it has just spread by word of mouth over the years. Doesn't hurt that there are plenty of game and comic stores around, although we just lost our biggest game store early this year (there used to be a Tuesday night event too!).

Zveroboy
Apr 17, 2007

If you take those sheep again I will bury this fucking axe in your skull.
Had four friends over at the weekend for a solid gaming session. We played:

Exploding Kittens - Went in with low expectations but to be honest, was pleasantly surprised. Yeah, there's not a lot of game there and the humour (especially in the NSFW deck) is just...bizarre. Some was funny, but I've never read The Oatmeal so maybe some of it was lost on me. Regardless, there's enough to offer some glimmers of basic strategy. It's purely filler game material though, I wouldn't mind playing it again but it's not one I'd buy myself.

Roll for the Galaxy - Birthday present from girlfriend's brother. First game was a bit stop-start (rules are a bit awkward in a few places) but overall this was the groups favourite game. Really enjoy it.

The Resistance: Avalon - Haven't played this in over a year, forgotten how good it is when you've all had a couple of drinks and are all friends who aren't afraid to talk poo poo and accuse each other. Girlfriend and I were the traitors in the last game and managed to engineer the quests so we deflected all the blame onto others, as a team the loyalists couldn't agree on who might be one of the traitors nevermind both.

Port Royal - Friends started playing this while I did the washing up and some house chores after breakfast but joined in half-way through. Fantastic game in my opinion, can't recommend it highly enough.

Agricola - Gets better every time but my first time playing it with five. Didn't overdo the Occupations and Minor Improvements and managed a solid win.

Kemet - Like Agricola, gets better with repeated play. Everyone stocked up on Power Tiles early and we had a loving brutal final round (one temple changed hands 4 times) which pushed two players to 8 points and the eventual winner to 10. Was wondering before the weekend whether to keep Kemet or not, but it's a keeper now.

Concordia - Something sedate after the bloodshed of Kemet. Didn't go in with a cohesive strategy and lost (but didn't came last). Solid, enjoyable Euro, one of my favourite games.

Last Will - Everyone enjoyed it but felt the humour fell a bit flat. Concensus around the table this was mainly because everyone resolves their actions at the same time (so you can't really concentrate on what outrageous ways players spend their money) and the lack of variation of artwork on the cards. For example, all the Dinner cards look the same even though some can involve adding a chef or a horse. May consider getting the expansion for next time.

Catan: 5-6 Player Expansion - Played due to popular request. Got to four cities but was then blocked in by other players and resigned to trawling the Development cards for either Knights for Largest Army or Victory Point cards. Got the VP cards, won.

Dominon - One of the lads stayed later than the others so my girlfriend and I played Dominion with him. First time combining all my expansions (Hinterlands, Prosperity and Seaside) and managed to win both games comfortably.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
Played 3 games tonight, none of them great.

Spyfall: Played with 4 people, then 5, then 6. I can see the appeal of this game but it's either underdeveloped or really group dependent. It's incredibly freeform, to the point where it often felt like people weren't really asking actual questions or answering them, but I suppose that's the point. It also seems like everyone at the table needs to know the locations by heart - checking the list later is a great way to look like a spy. Even as we got better at it there seemed to remain the possibility that a spy would be randomly hosed early on - again, maybe that improves with experience, and more players helped. On the plus side rounds are mercifully short and it does promote creativity.

I'm not really sure what the target group is here? As a light party game it's quite hard for new players to keep up, and it's so unstructured that I wonder if dedicated groups wouldn't prefer a proper role playing experience. I'd play it again but I'm not running out to buy it, Codenames seems like a better game in (broadly) the same style. 6/10.

Samurai Spirit: Played with 6 people. This seems like a stripped down Ghost Stories in terms of the core mechanics - draw a card, see if you can deal with it, lose too much stuff and it's game over. Unfortunately a lot of the interesting tempo and team-play in Ghost Stories seems to have been lost, and what's there is mostly an exercise in number crunching. A bad draw can also knock a player out for the rest of the round quite early which is boring. On the plus side I can see experienced players ripping through this game so the downsides might be mitigated a little by a short playtime. Oh, it also felt even more random than Ghost Stories somehow. 4/10.

A Study In Emerald (1st Ed.): Played with four people. I wasn't expecting much but jesus this game is a mess - it's a deckbuilder with about 5 resources, very limited card draw and almost no trashing. Cards are acquired from what is essentially a random market, but at least there's many available at once and you bid for them instead of buying - the cycling cube resource system was definitely the best part of this game. There's some fairly convoluted ways to get points and many ways for the game to end (some quite esoteric) so you have to worry about all these mechanisms and exceptions every turn. Each player starts with a pair of "double agent" tokens which they can use to steal other player's pieces. These are really strong.. unless your double agent is never even available to buy, which is basically the game flipping you the bird. To wrap it all up, you're assigned a hidden team and you can't win if anyone on the same team is last at the end of the game. I assume this is supposed to introduce intrigue and politics and deduction but really it just means you have to drag your shitheap opponent/teammate up the score track with you on the assumption that the game hasn't randomly made it a 3v1, in which case you're probably screwed from 3 other players collectively destroying you anyway. Did I mention this game takes ages and the cards and board are difficult to read? 2/10.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Samurai Spirit might be the first board game I actually sell off. It is Not Very Good.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I played Mottainai (4p) on Friday, and I thought it was another sort of standard Carl Chudyk random poo poo game. The randomness will probably smooth out over a few games as we start to learn what the actual good cards and combos actually are, but it could also just as easily go the other way and realize that certain cards and combos will be unstoppable if they're allowed to be completed. The major issue I had was that it sucked rear end to be first (this was me), since by the time it rolled back around to my turn, the center store was completely empty (save for the one task I contributed) and I was struggling to compete with people who had a billion helpers and materials with nothing to really compensate for it.

I can definitely see that much like Innovation and probably Glory to Rome (I've played it once, but definitely don't remember enough to make comparisons) or even the non-Chudyk Race for the Galaxy, the randomness of the cards dealt will make for a really swingy first impression and probably a really swingy game in general. It's definitely not for me, as it just sort of reminds me of market row deck/tableau builders, and I don't think it's the type of game I'd care enough to become familiar enough with to see if any of that smooths out over time.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

So I'm like 50 years late to the party, but a combination of "we must play with all 6 people here" and "two of these people are not good at meaty games" led our hosts to break out Acquire. Much better than I was expecting! What modern games give me experiences like that? It is ok if they do not involve plastic tiles on a grid.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

^^ I'm going to suggest Knizia games, he has a few games that seem to be directly inspired by Acquire, but they are pretty much all OOP of course

Something to keep an eye on: http://tabletopia.com

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

homullus posted:

So I'm like 50 years late to the party, but a combination of "we must play with all 6 people here" and "two of these people are not good at meaty games" led our hosts to break out Acquire. Much better than I was expecting! What modern games give me experiences like that? It is ok if they do not involve plastic tiles on a grid.

Nearly every pure Euro can probably trace lineage back to Acquire, which of course was designed by an American, Sid Sackson.

Can you pin point more of what you liked about Acquire?

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

I really like Glory to Rome and RftG, but Mottainai didn't do anything for me at all. It feels like it's just missing something, much more by-the-books than most Chudyk designs are. Eh.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Lorini posted:

Nearly every pure Euro can probably trace lineage back to Acquire, which of course was designed by an American, Sid Sackson.

Can you pin point more of what you liked about Acquire?

I like auctions in games in general for the interaction of the way different people value the same items, especially if the basis of their strategy is only partially visible to others. I am one of the people who likes Power Grid for this reason. Keyflower is already on my list. I liked the competition to maintain majority and the present sale/trade value in a merger vs. potential value of keeping the stock in the event the company rises again.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

homullus posted:

I like auctions in games in general for the interaction of the way different people value the same items, especially if the basis of their strategy is only partially visible to others. I am one of the people who likes Power Grid for this reason. Keyflower is already on my list. I liked the competition to maintain majority and the present sale/trade value in a merger vs. potential value of keeping the stock in the event the company rises again.

Airlines Europe is rather Acquire-like minus the random tiles draw. Instead, you pay money to play bits to a map to increase the airline's value. What you often do is try to keep your position in a company close to your chest (there are stocks you hold in your hand and don't count in your holdings until you play them). Then you can fool another player with a close position in the same company to do all the investment.. BUT make sure to play those stocks soon enough to actually reap the rewards of the improved company. Also an american design (Alan Moon).

fozzy fosbourne posted:

^^ I'm going to suggest Knizia games, he has a few games that seem to be directly inspired by Acquire, but they are pretty much all OOP of course
I would love a reprint of Stephenson's Rocket, Knizia's version of an 18xx. It's got stocks, trains farting about a map, companies getting merged into oblivion at another player's expense and your gain, and all within 90-120 minutes. My favourite part is of course discarding a stock to overrule another player's train move. "oh no no no, I have the weight to throw around here. we go WEST."

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

PlaneGuy posted:

Airlines Europe is rather Acquire-like minus the random tiles draw. Instead, you pay money to play bits to a map to increase the airline's value. What you often do is try to keep your position in a company close to your chest (there are stocks you hold in your hand and don't count in your holdings until you play them). Then you can fool another player with a close position in the same company to do all the investment.. BUT make sure to play those stocks soon enough to actually reap the rewards of the improved company. Also an american design (Alan Moon).

I quite like Airlines Europe.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Scythe looks pretty amazing. Is there a good list of board games announced at Gen con?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Dirk the Average posted:

Scythe looks pretty amazing. Is there a good list of board games announced at Gen con?

I'm concerned that the amazing stops at looks alone. Time (and goons) will tell.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Had a tense game of Agricola with the gf yesterday, winning only barely 43-41. It was our first go-round with the K deck and it is a significant step upwards in terms of complexity and the shenanigans you can pull. I used to think that Agricola was a "multiplayer solitaire" game up until we started playing it about once a week over the past few months, but once you really know the game the 1v1 match becomes unbelievably tense. Jockeying for first player, sabotaging herds of cattle and taking spaces out of spite makes the game really cutthroat. Plus, the cards that interact with other players give rise to interesting reading situations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm concerned that the amazing stops at looks alone. Time (and goons) will tell.

I have concerns about the combat resolution, but that could just be because it reminds me of Tiny Epic Kingdoms, which is not something I would like to be reminded of. It was also marketed as "Kemet meets Agricola" and I see neither in what (admittedly little) I've seen of the game design, which sort of makes me think of those Kickstarter videogames that namedrop poo poo like Dark Souls without having anything to do with it. It doubly makes me question whether those designers know what's good about those games, but we'll see when more substantive gameplay video or rules are out.

The art design is phenomenal, though.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

GrandpaPants posted:

It was also marketed as "Kemet meets Agricola" and I see neither in what (admittedly little) I've seen of the game design, which sort of makes me think of those Kickstarter videogames that namedrop poo poo like Dark Souls without having anything to do with it.

From the 3 gen-con videos I've seen, it looks like it has more in common with Terra Mystica than Agricola

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It's basically Terra Mystica meets Rex, from what I've seen. Even their "hide a card behind the dial" trick is present in Rex

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Indolent Bastard posted:

It should be getting demoed at Spiel. I will be in the queue.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Just played a game called Titanium Wars and it is absolute garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

GrandpaPants posted:

I played Mottainai (4p) on Friday, and I thought it was another sort of standard Carl Chudyk random poo poo game. The randomness will probably smooth out over a few games as we start to learn what the actual good cards and combos actually are, but it could also just as easily go the other way and realize that certain cards and combos will be unstoppable if they're allowed to be completed. The major issue I had was that it sucked rear end to be first (this was me), since by the time it rolled back around to my turn, the center store was completely empty (save for the one task I contributed) and I was struggling to compete with people who had a billion helpers and materials with nothing to really compensate for it.

I've had a few games of 3-player Mottainai over the weekend and it's been fairly enjoyable. I'm still struggling to explain it properly, which is a big part of why one of his other games, Impulse, never hits the table for me anymore. I could see where in a 4 or 5 player game you'd need to maybe expand the starting floor a little bit. Maybe deal out two cards down to each player's task area instead of one?