Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Stux posted:

or we could not try and put windows like fail features in ios

too late http://www.macrumors.com/2015/05/21/ipad-split-screen-multitasking-multiple-users/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Qirex at a rap concert: (shouting over the beat) Oh my god. Will you LOOK at those shoes? What is he thinking?!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

there r literlly 0 facts in the article u just linked

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

DaNzA posted:

also recently found out that touchid is most likely hard coded to pair with the secure enclave, since phones with swapped touchid sensor, due to damage or whatever, just have the touchid part greyed out in settings
i had the screen replaced on my 5S which has the Touch ID sensor built in and I didn't have any problems using Touch ID afterwards

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

qirex posted:

his other shoes just look like a cosby sweater hosed a nike roshe run

[currently going for $700+ on ebay]

well cosby loving inanimate objects is an improvement

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

there r literlly 0 facts in the article u just linked

quick reminder that all apple rumors are now correct because tim doesn't care about secrecy

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Mr. Apollo posted:

i had the screen replaced on my 5S which has the Touch ID sensor built in and I didn't have any problems using Touch ID afterwards

no it doesnt

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

usually when a non idiot replaces the screen they take the Touch ID from the old screen. the new ones usually just come with placeholders that just look like Touch ID buttons. loving idiots!!!!!!

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Valeyard posted:

lol, you are saying that as if two people will physically be using it at the same time
well yeah the original quote sounded like that, the device going to be switched between multiple users with both accounts logged in at the same time etc.

maniacdevnull posted:

lol

"Just buy a second ipad, families!"

What a tremendous gently caress you to the average consumer
basically the post was mocking someone for physically having a second ipad in the family for some reason because even having two ipads for just two people in the same house is a gently caress you for some reason???

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my wife and I have two iPads. that's right, we're rich as gently caress

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
what if the iPad switched profiles by locking and unlocking with a different fingerprint? bet you geniuses didn't think of that!!!!!!

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Management posted:

my wife and I have two iPads. that's right, we're rich as gently caress

only two? wtf.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Millstone posted:

no it doesnt
oh, i could have sworn that the screen had a touchid unit with it but you're right, it's not included.

in other news, it looks like the week of september 7th (specifically the 9th) will see the announcement of new iphones.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/07/apple-2015-fall-event-september-9/

quote:

Apple to Debut New iPhones, iPads, and Apple TV on September 9

Apple's annual fall iPhone event will likely be held on Wednesday, September 9, reports BuzzFeed's John Paczkowski, who has provided reliable information on event dates in the past. According to sources that spoke to BuzzFeed, the event will be held during the week of September 7, with September 9 targeted as the most likely date.

In addition to the iPhone and iPad, Apple is also expected to unveil the next-generation Apple TV. The Apple TV will be a huge update over its predecessor, featuring an updated A8 processor, a full App Store, a touch-based remote control, and Siri integration. It will, of course, include an entirely revamped body as well.

With Apple unveiling the new iPhones on September 9, pre-orders, if available, are likely to kick off on Friday, September 11. The two devices are then likely to officially launch later in the month, perhaps on September 18. iPads and the Apple TV will probably launch during the same time frame.

The event's focus will be on the next-generation iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, both of which will feature a Force Touch display, an A9 processor, an improved camera system, and a faster LTE chip, among other features. Apple may also unveil new iPads at the event, but the 12.9-inch iPad Pro "seems to be a wildcard," says Paczkowski, meaning it could come at the event or at a later date.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
"ipad pro"

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
we have two iPads mini at our place, will probably buy a full size come October. ipads are good for couch surfing and toilet tabbing

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
:bsdsnype:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

really hope that instead of an ipad pro the 12.9" display is for a retina macbook air

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qirex posted:

really hope that instead of an ipad pro the 12.9" display is for a retina macbook air

iMacPad, a touch screen ios device on a stand with usb holes in the base

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

qirex posted:

there will never be a retina macbook air

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pinterest Mom posted:

there will never be a retina macbook air

yeah it's a sitting duck to probably be phased out in a generation or two more once the macbook is a little bit faster

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

hopefully they put another usb port on the macbook when they do that

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they are going to remove all the usb ports. usb ports are a pro feature

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

qirex posted:

the macbook air will be phased out

hobbesmaster posted:

hopefully they put another usb port on the macbook when they do that

i hope they dont

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
im starting to hat apple music, somehow im getting duplicates songs in every album i download

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i sometimes wonder if the song even downloaded or not, i dont think i see the icon they used to have - its like there is some stealth patches or something going on which is :tinfoil: as gently caress

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
still have had 0 issues with apple music tot the point ive deleted the music I had on my phone because it's redundant now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
hank u timb

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
apple music really needs a global option for "DONT EVER SHOW THE lovely CENSORED VERSION"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Perplx posted:

apple music really needs a global option for "DONT EVER SHOW THE lovely CENSORED VERSION"

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Perplx posted:

*clicks checkbox, all ur posts are deleted*

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Perplx posted:

THIS

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

i sometimes wonder if the song even downloaded or not, i dont think i see the icon they used to have - its like there is some stealth patches or something going on which is :tinfoil: as gently caress

the download button doesnt show up in the 'apple music' part only the 'my music' part

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

qirex posted:

the air suffix serves no purpose if there's no normal macbook. they redid the air's body so they dropped the useless suffix. mah ports!!

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Perplx posted:

apple music changed the album art on my beautiful dark twisted fantasy from the uncensored art i had to the censored version and i was livid

pram
Jun 10, 2001

uninterrupted posted:

apple music changed the album art on my beautiful dark twisted fantasy from the uncensored art i had to the censored version and i was livid

:chloe:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ok then how about "I hope the 13" pro becomes lighter and a lot less sucky"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
what the.. your local NPR affiliate has album art?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

uninterrupted posted:

when i uploaded my music to itunes match it changed a bunch of random songs to their censored versions and I can't do anything except buy them again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blackula69 posted:

when i uploaded my music to itunes match it changed a bunch of random songs to their censored versions and I can't do anything except buy them again

good and fitting as you deserve an existence of punishment

• Locked thread