Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought the joke was that Kofi's offense looks incredibly weak and bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Alain Post posted:

His skipping game is off the charts though.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
The idea is that Kofi Kingston is very skinny and lean for a wrestler (and in all likelihood nowhere near his billed weight of 217), thus his clotheslines, coming as they do from among the smallest arms on the roster in terms of diameter, would be expected to strike with less force? But with less resistance to overcome they probably hit faster, so whatever.

I think lariats are way worse than clotheslines because that's a strike/takedown, a clothesline is just holding your arm out and running into a guy (or having him run into your outstretched arm).

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Alain Post posted:

I didn't think it was really all that hard to figure it out but apparently I was wrong.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Shaking hands with the Harris twins:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

There's no way this can be abused.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

rovert posted:

over/under set at 1.5 mecca fans showing up

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I love Hansen and I think his lariat is pretty overrated. Whether or not he was legitimately potatoing guys, a lot of times it didn't look particularly stiff. Maybe that was because guys would bump early to avoid getting their heads knocked off, I dunno.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

over/under set at 1.5 mecca fans showing up

Mecca fans don't usually come off as the sort of people who go places or have money/jobs so really any attendance would be a surprise

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

flashy_mcflash posted:

Pour one out for TNAMecca snackchat

RIP

me and MotU would catch a ban right quick

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

NickRoweFillea posted:

me and MotU would catch a ban right quick

I almost got into a fistfight at work over which of the Lay's flavors were the best this year

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MotU posted:

I almost got into a fistfight at work over which of the Lay's flavors were the best this year

you are my dude

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

I haven't tried any of them, hows the reuben

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MotU posted:

I've only been able to find the gyro and it was disgusting. It would be better marketed as garbage flavor.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i just called Mark Hunt a fat guatemalan dude in the picture thread i'm excited to see what happens

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

southern biscuits and gravy really just tastes exactly like gravy which is fine if you're into that i guess

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Aesop Poprock posted:

The reuben is good and is currently my favorite and is the flavor I almost got into a fight about, because someone said it was bad without even trying it and man, that's just nonsense

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It sounds bad.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Alain Post posted:

It sounds bad.

Appropriate post for the stupid opinions thread.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There aren't even any potatoes in a reuben. What were they thinking???

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When are they going to make potato chip flavored lays?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

When are they going to make potato chip flavored lays?

Submit that in the contest next year and you could win a ton of money!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

oatgan posted:

southern biscuits and gravy really just tastes exactly like gravy which is fine if you're into that i guess

Did they make you a man?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Writer Cath posted:

Did they make you a man?

I understood that reference!

Bring back Festus and the other guy.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Grendels Dad posted:

I wish Gallows would get fat again. He was a much more effective hoss back then.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Grendels Dad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfpZ5htRWQA

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3gcpkw/wrestling_is_no_longer_a_safe_space_for_men_sadly/

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The comments on this are pretty loving great, though. My personal favorite:

"When professional wrestling is far too progressive for you, it means you are an irredeemable garbage person"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love the revelation in the comments that the OP posts in /foreveralone. Gosh, you don't say. :allears:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

it needs to be posted directly.

quote:

Honestly, wrestling has always been the place for men to gather, have some banter and watch entertainment without feminism/SJW-ism being shoved down our throats. In fact I'd go as far as saying that until recently wrestling was the only bastion on mainstream TV where men were free from incurring the SJW-ism brainwashing. I've always thought of Vince Mcmahon as the quintessential alpha; the sort of guy who'll show his middle finger to the SJW's, and continue to run his show the way HE wants no matter how offended SJW's get. He is also quite the guy who goes against every SJW value, this is clear in his wrestling shows from before around 2007 when the company became more concerned with its image.

The attitude era was an example of this. He ran the show with outright misogony, homophobia etc. Obviously those times were different, we didn't have feeble people's feewings being hurt over every single segment, and there was no social media to give these SJW freaks a unified voice and some semblance of power.

Now Austin had a domestic abuse case hanging over him yet was still on WWE TV, this was a very public case too as this domestic abuse was committed against another WWE employee. Compare that to now. Hogan makes private racist comments with no history of him committing racism in the workplace (as fas I'm aware) - get erased from history, fired and never mentioned again. This is no doubt due to the SJW's ruling the internet and media and, as a result, the WWE absolutely making GBS threads their pants about the image of their company.

Another example; a few months ago John Cena called Lana a 'hoe'. A post was made here by a MAN getting his feelings hurt about it. Absolutely unbelievable - a guy here was hurt that John Cena had the audacity to call Lana a hoe. Watch an episode from the attitude era, and you can probably find about 8 instances that are worse than that in 30 minutes of viewing.

Another example; recent Scott Hall comments about Paige. Paige posted a pretty lewd GIF and Hall made a hilarious comment which was banter all around from Paige and Hall. The response from neck beards/feminists on here? ''ZOMG look at that creepy old man''/''Hall is sexually assaulting Paige through twitter someone arrest him''. Since when did men become concerned about creepiness? Quite frankly I thought that comment was hilarious and, unless Paige responded negatively to that comment, it should have been seen as such.

I'm sick and tired of seeing the SJW-ism run amok on here and the fact that many of these things are seeping in on WWE TV; you're not allowed to insult women no matter how much their characters are deserving of it (Oh but wait they can insult men though) and any portrayal of women other than strong and independent is met with dissent. Thank god we haven't got WWE proclaiming every WWE superstar is gay and them performing gay acts in the ring - yet, probably will happen in the near future after Vince leaves.

Do I have a problem with women? No. Do I have a problem with homosexuality? No. Do I have a problem with these concepts being shoved down my throat for no other reason than to appease the SJW's? Hell Yeah. I was a fan of Beth Phoenix and Chyna since they deserved to be portrayed as the strong Amazonians that they were considering their looks/mannerisms. I'm not in support of every diva coming onto the roster to be portrayed as wrestlers who could beat the men.

For far too long these freaks have gotten away with atrocious behaviour, ruining many people's lives and causing massive entropy in our culture. They do it because they get away with it. They think they're above the law and common decency.

But what we keep seeing is that these people inherently rely on one tactic and one tactic only - moral posturing with public shaming. They claim the high ground and shame. They expect you to roll over for them immediately, and, by and large, people and institutions do.

But what we now know is that the moment you fight back, these people shatter like glass. If you want to see an example of this then look no further than GamerGate last year. Look at Scott Hall yesterday - telling people to suck his dick if they got offended.

It's a sad day when two of favourite past times were under attack by the SJW horde last year; gaming and wrestling. Gaming came through the trenches with victory. Now I'm hoping WWE can make it through. With Vince there I don't worry too much, but after he leaves it could go either way. Another thing that gives me hope is that there's a large minority of people on here who do attack the SJW-type opinions, disagreeing with it, even if those posts are buried underneath a plethora of down votes.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Daily reminder that SJW to skeleton is a thing you should be using.

Past times under attack by the skeleton hordes.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I think someone should make those and wear them on camera just to piss the guy off

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I really am looking forward to the day when homosexuality is so accepted that wrestling has it commonly come up in storylines. Like, have "the two start making out furiously" be a legitimate end for feuds.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I really am looking forward to the day when homosexuality is so accepted that wrestling has it commonly come up in storylines. Like, have "the two start making out furiously" be a legitimate end for feuds.

This will be the day wrestling ends because that is the natural conclusion of most feuds (see: Shield, the)

Optimist with doubt posted:

I think someone should make those and wear them on camera just to piss the guy off

I'm looking into options

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

quote:

I've always thought of Vince Mcmahon as the quintessential alpha

That's really all you need to read right there before you know the rest.

Also

quote:

He is also quite the guy who goes against every SJW value, this is clear in his wrestling shows from before around 2007 when the company became more concerned with its image.

This is clear in his wrestling shows from before around 2007 when one of their biggest stars ended up being a murderer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

please don't doxx yuriy

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

John Quixote posted:

That's really all you need to read right there before you know the rest.

Also

This is clear in his wrestling shows from before around 2007 when one of their biggest stars ended up being a murderer

I'm just shocked that people think McMahon ever has an agenda that isn't "More money" or "Petty bullshit regarding whatever the gently caress is going on in Vince McMahons head." And you are a wiser man than I if you can determine what the gently caress that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It's also been pretty well established that most of the boundary-pushing attitude era was a product of neccessity and not really Vince's comfort zone or intended direction for the company, which was much more along the lines of the early 90s gimmicky and kid-friendly show.