Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

exethan posted:

yes. Once ifixed my rates and lowered my sens there was no way to go but up.

LOWER IT MORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
interesting fact: all pro plays say their dpi is half what it actually is in order to stay at top level and have their competition struggle to turn around. thus ensuring their gravy train at the top of the scene is assured until certain high sens mavericks join their shadowy cabal.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Jeza posted:

interesting fact: all pro plays say their dpi is half what it actually is in order to stay at top level and have their competition struggle to turn around. thus ensuring their gravy train at the top of the scene is assured until certain high sens mavericks join their shadowy cabal.

only professor chaos is honest about his average sensitivity - but he actually underperforms on purpose so everyone thinks it's not a good idea in the end

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Great post...if you had remembered to tell him to lower his sensitivity, bitch

:shibe:

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Carol Pizzamom posted:

edit: ^^^ grats, first account?

I had mouse accel on at like 100 wins because I had the wrong thing to turn it off int he autoexec I made. its m_customaccel 0

I also had insanely bad framerate dips and stuff. This game is the most settings based game I've ever played in my entire life. You can be amazing with bad settings but it matters so much more than atmospheric fog being on in dota or whatever.

it's poorly optimized

you can say it, it's okay

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

SealHammer posted:

it's poorly optimized

you can say it, it's okay

it's more than that though, the game runs butter smooth maxed out on my machine but I still run it fairly low because it can be advantageous to do so.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I'm CPU limited, so where there's nothing to lag the CPU like smoke grenades, shadows, or lots of players I can get a billion fps. But if I'm in a competitive game with those things and a big fight starts on screen it'll dip to 120 and there'll be a bunch of mouse lag. I wonder if there actually is a source 2 in the works for CS: Go down the road

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 9, 2015

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

prom candy posted:

Just played against a guy who was named Silver Smurfer and had a private profile. He went like 15-22 and bitched the whole game. I think he may have been smurfing FROM silver.
this should be called gargameling

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Hiko probably joining Liquid. But I don't think even him can turn that sinking ship around.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
So long as they don't cut nitro for him at least it will be an upgrade

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Smol posted:

Hiko probably joining Liquid. But I don't think even him can turn that sinking ship around.

Cut FNS from CLG and put Hiko there. You have someone who can actually frag and someone who can do secondary calls. Also he isn't a shitter like FNS so there's that bonus

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I'm CPU limited, so where there's nothing to lag the CPU like smoke grenades, shadows, or lots of players I can get a billion fps. But if I'm in a competitive game with those things and a big fight starts on screen it'll dip to 120 and there'll be a bunch of mouse lag. I wonder if there actually is a source 2 in the works for CS: Go down the road

Try turning your anti-aliasing way down/off. I noticed I would get mouse delay around smokes even though my fps was still fine. If I hosed my own map sv would spike to 20+ at the edge of smokes. When I turned AA completely off the input lag went away around smokes.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
When do you tap vs. burst with AK? Like at medium-long range I feel like I'm always trying to one-tap the headshots and even though it looks on my screen like I should be getting the kill I usually end up getting shot and doing 22 damage in 1 hit or whatever. Say I'm playing jungle on Mirage and engaging a guy under palace, tap or burst?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

prom candy posted:

When do you tap vs. burst with AK? Like at medium-long range I feel like I'm always trying to one-tap the headshots and even though it looks on my screen like I should be getting the kill I usually end up getting shot and doing 22 damage in 1 hit or whatever. Say I'm playing jungle on Mirage and engaging a guy under palace, tap or burst?

Burst. I think tapping is almost always inferior to a proper burst, especially with the m4. I might tap with an AK from pit to goose, and even then I'd probably 2-3 shot.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

prom candy posted:

I one tap when I'm when people are facing away from me. I burst in every other situation. Practice turning a burst into a spray and you're golden with the AK

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Burst. I think tapping is almost always inferior to a proper burst, especially with the m4. I might tap with an AK from pit to goose, and even then I'd probably 2-3 shot.

M4 I've got down pretty well I think, my last few games I've top fragged by a lot on the CT round only to misplay a bunch of engagements on the T side with my AK. Do you pull down with the AK when you're 2-3 shotting?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Still trying to figure out these pro teams. I don't know who half of them are but then I check and oh hey s1mple and spaz are on this one and minise is on the other. So I bet on s1mple.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Dude on our team goes afk for 30 seconds at the start of each round. I drop an AWP for a teammate which gets glued to AFK guy so I TK him on round start. Kicked for teamkilling even though it was my first instance of team damage. Great.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

fennesz posted:

Dude on our team goes afk for 30 seconds at the start of each round. I drop an AWP for a teammate which gets glued to AFK guy so I TK him on round start. Kicked for teamkilling even though it was my first instance of team damage. Great.

Come on, man. TK on round start in spawn especially is always auto-kick. You have to wait ~15? or so seconds to TK in spawn without auto-kick, and even then be careful ofdoing the (300?) damage threshold that auto-kicks.

Where do you guys do your csgo betting? I don't know if I'm really up for it but it'd be fun to observe :v:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Beamed posted:

Come on, man. TK on round start in spawn especially is always auto-kick. You have to wait ~15? or so seconds to TK in spawn without auto-kick, and even then be careful ofdoing the (300?) damage threshold that auto-kicks.

Where do you guys do your csgo betting? I don't know if I'm really up for it but it'd be fun to observe :v:

I'm not saying it's bullshit I'm saying under the circumstances it was obnoxious as gently caress. Had a dude on our team throwing so he can derank because he's too poor to smurf properly. We were even slowly pulling back into the lead...and then I get kicked over some stupid nonsense. I even had a nice 1v4 clutch :negative:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just ask my opponents to report a guy for being a shitter and wait it out, usually. There isn't an AWP worth a tk.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Would be nice if TK'ing people on your friends list didn't count towards auto kick.
It's funny for first few times, but it gets annoying after that.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

SinineSiil posted:

Would be nice if TK'ing people on your friends list didn't count towards auto kick.
It's funny for first few times, but it gets annoying after that.

I queued with a 4-stack on teamspeak that started raging at each other. At first I thought they were joking and having mad bants, but then one killed another and went AFK, and another one of them rage quit.

First time I'd seen anything like that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beamed posted:

csgolounge.com is the big one.

Edit: Infinity hanging with Flipsid3 way better than I thought they would.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 10, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Decided to try out a few mouses. Ordered a Zowie FK2 and a Steelseries Rival, but had to quickly stop using the FK2, since I playing CS with it caused pain in my wrists. I guess the different grip (claw grip? Idk really what the terms are) caused by the smaller size really isn't for me.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I just upgraded to win10. My fps is down by about 50. And I think there's some input lag. I upgraded to the correct amd driver. Anybody know if theres anything else I should do?

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

bpower posted:

I just upgraded to win10. My fps is down by about 50. And I think there's some input lag. I upgraded to the correct amd driver. Anybody know if theres anything else I should do?

Turn off the built in game recorder stuff. Also make sure your settings in cs are the same as they were before.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

bpower posted:

If anything it ran better for me after I upgraded so I have no idea.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Been getting back into csgo after some months absence, what's retarded op right now? I remember the tec 9 being totally insane and around when I left the smgs were getting too effective. If they still are which one is best outside the p90?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

The windows built-in game recorder forces vsync so turn that off.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Goofballs posted:

Been getting back into csgo after some months absence, what's retarded op right now? I remember the tec 9 being totally insane and around when I left the smgs were getting too effective. If they still are which one is best outside the p90?

There isn't really an awful choice with smgs... But I'd say the mp7 and UMP are the best.. As for being overpowered, the fiveseven is still preposterously strong (IMO more so than the tec9), and so is the CZ if you know how to use it, but the main thing that's overpowered is still deathmatching a lot.

e: if you roll witht he mp7 shoot some walls to figure out the diagonal bursting. You have to go down and to the left to compensate for its up/right recoil as opposed to the UMP which is similar to an AK burst.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I've noticed a bunch of people talking about the in-game recorder and maybe I'm retarded but I cannot find the settings for that for the life of me.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ComradePyro posted:

I've noticed a bunch of people talking about the in-game recorder and maybe I'm retarded but I cannot find the settings for that for the life of me.
Open start meny, start typing 'xbox', open Xbox 'app' that will show up, press lovely cogs icon in the mid-bottom left, select 'Game DVR' tab (right below end of word 'Settings'), and click on the bar thing under 'Record ...' so that it says 'Off' next to it and poo poo below disappears.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

ComradePyro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdnqDYQLtgY

Basically go into the Xbox controls > Settings > turn off in-game recorder.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Thanks guys, that fixed everything.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
Whelp, that app is apparently broken on my install (and I drat sure don't plan on fixing it) so I sincerely doubt it's doing any recording. Thanks for the quick help, though.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Cloud9 is grouped with Mouse and VP for ESL Cologne. Hold onto your butts! Interested to see how this lower bracket reseed thing is going to work.

http://www.esl-one.com/csgo/cologne-2015/news/announcing-the-esl-one-cologne-groups/

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

renegades might actually have a chance in this group. bl to immunity

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
To the guy asking about OP guns: the AK, M4s and AWP are pretty pretty good imo.

trying to jack off posted:

renegades might actually have a chance in this group.
Ehhhh probably not.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I shouldn't have bet $all my skins on SKDC

And I'm so bad with the AK holy poo poo I just can't get it. M4A4 and S, I got, SG, oh yeah, AK? poo poo total poo poo.

• Locked thread