Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 2 years!)

people are saying that maybe ben carson jumped into 3rd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Nuclearmonkee posted:

*Reads 20 pages of circlejerking with Fishmech*

*nods sagely*

Actually, Fishmech is a treasure.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

HappyHippo posted:

I asked earlier but do any of these polling outfits say when they plan to release new polls?

No.

(Some of them offer paid subscription services, but I'm guessing that's not what you want.)

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Card Name: Donald Trump
Mana Cost: 2UUBB
Converted Mana Cost: 6
Legendary Creature — Celebrity Mogul
Trample
Donald Trump enters the battlefield tapped and doesn't untap during your untap step.
Sacrifice another creature: Untap Donald and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Whenever Donald attacks, destroy target creature defending player controls, then put a +1/+1 counter on Donald.
If Donald would be placed in a graveyard, instead return Donald to the battlefield under your opponent's control.
5 / 5
Mythic Rare

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

That's why I always cry after sex. Don't all men?

Not all men

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
What Happens When You Rescind an Invitation to Trump?

Looks like a lot of bad things happen.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/08/09/what-happens-when-you-rescind-an-invitation-to-trump/

quote:

What happens when you rescind an invitation to Donald Trump?

Well, my RedState email is suddenly maxed out due to a flood of very angry emails. I’ve been called queer, an n-word lover, Megyn Kelly has been referred to as the c-word.

My office phone line’s voicemail has also gotten maxed out with angry phone calls.

Last night, people were leaving voicemails in my hotel room — having somehow managed to navigate the hotel switch board. At 3 o’clock this morning I had to unplug the phones in my room.

My twitter feed is unusable. It’s just angry people, many of them very recently created accounts of people following few others and with little to no followers. But I can’t interact with much of anyone because of the timeline.

Greta Van Susteren exacerbated it earlier today with her tweet piling on me, which brought in her followers on top of Donald Trump’s. They could not really distinguish that I had apologized for things I had said and Trump just changed his story.

Facebook is much the same way.

RedState suffered a denial of service attack throughout the night and into this morning.

Yesterday, my wife and kids had to pack up and leave the hotel because the few angry people were very loud and vocal as my kids were present. The kids got upset and scared so were unable to see the Gathering or go to last night’s party. The party itself was fine. Only two people told me they disagreed and they characterized it as “understanding but disappointed.”

It’s the whirlwind of hate right now, but at least voicemail is maxed out and email is crashed.

Would I do it again? Absolutely. Rescinding my invitation to Donald Trump was the right thing to do.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Because you are a weak loser Erick. Only weak losers apologize. Trump does not apologize and gets away with it anyways.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Montasque posted:

http://www.redstate.com/2015/08/09/what-happens-when-you-rescind-an-invitation-to-trump/

This is only the beginning, things are going to get worse (better) from here on out. I don't know if there has ever been such a volatile rift in the Republican Party as the one happening here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:eng99:

quote:

Ohio Gov. John Kasich suggested that man-made climate change may not be real and that action to fight it could kill jobs during an interview on NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday.

"We don't want to destroy people's jobs based on some theory that's not proven," Kasich said when asked by host Chuck Todd if he believes that climate change is man made and that man should do something about it.

Kasich added that "man absolutely affects the environment" but said that he thinks that "as to the overall impact of that, I think that's a legitimate debate."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2016-elections/john-kasich-climate-change-20150809?ref=t.co&mrefid=walkingheader

So the climate change accepting republicans are, what, Bush, Fiorina, and Graham? Is that right?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
looks like erick got a big facefull of TRUMP

(my late english grandmother must be laughing her rear end off in heaven right now)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Montasque posted:

I don't advocate this kind of thing and it sucks that his family feels threatened, but gently caress Erick Erickson and that shitstain deserves anything the hateful monster he's helped create throws at him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Montasque posted:

Yesterday, my wife and kids had to pack up and leave the hotel because the few angry people were very loud and vocal as my kids were present. The kids got upset and scared so were unable to see the Gathering or go to last night’s party.

FAMILY FAMILY

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Hillary is announcing a plan today to make college more affordable

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/10/9125349/hillary-clinton-college

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Bernie already announced free college with seventy percent teaching staff required to be tenure track and have office space, beat that.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Montasque posted:

Your chickens, Erick. It's your chickens.

They've...they've come home to roost.

You loving rear end in a top hat. You spent 7 years feeding this mentality. Creating and nurturing this horrific golem of racist, sexist, loud, stupid spirit and now it's turned on you. You'll forgive me for not feeling sorry for you.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 10, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

Yeah but can we, as the richest country on the planet, really afford to have free college?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 6m6 minutes ago
Roger Ailes just called. He is a great guy & assures me that “Trump” will be treated fairly on @FoxNews. His word is always good!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/630764447716540417

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I know it was discussed earlier that no one has come at Fiorina about her disastrous tenure as HP CEO.

Well Jake Tapper did on last Sunday's State of the Union. http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/09/politics/carly-fiorina-fired-oprah-jobs-disney-bloomberg/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hzrEFgSbJ64

The entire interview is her doing her best to be a lovely person.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
You know what, I'd rather see a plan that doesn't continue on the trajectory of making college into High School 2.0

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If I hear some politician taking about STEM jobs one more god drat time! There's more to culture and life and education than STEM jobs!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So... any new Republican primary polls out today? Kinda seems weird that we haven't gotten anything except that one NBC online poll since the debate.

Mr Hootington posted:

I know it was discussed earlier that no one has come at Fiorina about her disastrous tenure as HP CEO.

Well Jake Tapper did on last Sunday's State of the Union. http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/09/politics/carly-fiorina-fired-oprah-jobs-disney-bloomberg/

Fiorina comparing herself to Steve Jobs :lol:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Brannock posted:

You know what, I'd rather see a plan that doesn't continue on the trajectory of making college into High School 2.0

It's way too late to change that; the market is already glutted with degrees, to the point that virtually all professional jobs require one, even if there's no reason for them to.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
People like Erick Erickson are the worst because they are cowards. In that debate, there were candidates who were willing to let women die rather than get access to medical care and only when a prominent pundit like Megyn Kelly gets attacked is the conservative media willing to curtail sexist rhetoric. This is a party that thrives on misogyny and a callous uncaring for the lives and liberty of women throughout America, and Donald Trump's comments against Megyn Kelly were not even the most pointed demonstration of that. If the Republican establishment and conservative media is going to cultivate an environment hostile to media, they have no right to take offense when it happens to be one of their own on the receiving end.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Montasque posted:

Lol

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I don't feel bad for him whatsoever

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

fool_of_sound posted:

It's way too late to change that; the market is already glutted with degrees, to the point that virtually all professional jobs require one, even if there's no reason for them to.

Anecdotally: the glut of degrees doesn't just make it so that you "have to have one." It also devalues the entire process and posession of a college degree in the first place. This is esp. true in certain types of tech positions.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Donald had a vodka. Trump vodka (labeled super premium, naturally) was introduced in 2006 to much fanfare. Under the slogan "Success Distilled," the liquor was touted as the "epitome of vodka" that would "demand the same respect and inspire the same awe as the international legacy and brand of Donald Trump himself." At the time, Trump predicted the T&T (Trump and Tonic) would become the most requested drink in America, surpassed only by the Trump Martini.

Yes, it came in gold bottles. Of course it did.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Montasque posted:

Good, I don't wish ill upon that many people but Erick is human garbage, even Trump is an upstanding gentleman in comparison. I can't think of many other people more deserving of this sort of treatment.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 10, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

fool_of_sound posted:

"Only" 34% of Americans age 25+ has a bachelor's, there's still time to reverse course.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

The Donald had a vodka. Trump vodka (labeled super premium, naturally) was introduced in 2006 to much fanfare. Under the slogan "Success Distilled," the liquor was touted as the "epitome of vodka" that would "demand the same respect and inspire the same awe as the international legacy and brand of Donald Trump himself." At the time, Trump predicted the T&T (Trump and Tonic) would become the most requested drink in America, surpassed only by the Trump Martini.

Yes, it came in gold bottles. Of course it did.

Donald Trump is a carny bullshit merchant the likes of which we haven't seen since PT Barnum.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
The Walker gifs own. Now just which one to pick. The one with the steady eyes and the mouth moving might be it.

Also, Joementum, have you been following the SurveyMonkey poll that came out yesterday and is getting some play today? Several very smart public opinion political scientists are saying not to dismiss it outright.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Alter Ego posted:

Your chickens, Erick. It's your chickens.

They've...they've come home to roost.

You loving rear end in a top hat.

Hahaha I wonder how many times this bastard's done this to somebody else? It's delicious to watch the GOP riot and string up their own leaders. The civil war in the party has been brewing for decades, becoming more and more inevitable with each group of hateful loonies they've pandered to until, finally, it's all reached critical mass and the GOP are forced to rebuild themselves from the ashes. God help them if Trump runs independent. God help them if he doesn't.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

His vineyard in Virginia is like the 3rd best in the area and I usually reach it feeling pretty good and buy a bottle or two. So he has that going for him.

It's much better than the lovely Dave Matthews-owned one.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump is a carny bullshit merchant the likes of which we haven't seen since PT Barnum.

This is certainly a better circus act then anything I've ever seen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MaxxBot posted:

Good, I don't wish ill upon that many people but Erick is human garbage, even Trump is an upstanding gentleman in comparison. I can't think of many other people more deserving of this sort of treatment.
Basically this, the guy is just as misogynistic as Trump anyway.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Paper With Lines posted:

The Walker gifs own. Now just which one to pick. The one with the steady eyes and the mouth moving might be it.

Also, Joementum, have you been following the SurveyMonkey poll that came out yesterday and is getting some play today? Several very smart public opinion political scientists are saying not to dismiss it outright.

Which poli sci people are you referring to? Thanks

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

She's not even going to last an entire week as the flavor of the week.

ass cobra fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

It's probably too many letters to fit, but "Straight Outta Burlington" would work better.

• Locked thread