Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
"What do you mean I don't understand how people talk!? I bet you didn't even KNOW what 'yuge' means! I did! And I used it in a sentence! Check MATE you stupid dumb Idiocracy man! I like having sex with women! But I could give a gently caress about what they think!"
- Chris Muir

"I have absolutely no interesting or thought-provoking opinions whatsoever. Not for lack of trying, I fail to be relevant, witty or a contributing factor in any conversation that has ever or will ever take place. Did I tell you yet about the time this stupid bitch didn't know all I wanted was a nickel back? What a stupid loving bitch!"
- Bruce Tinsley

snakeandbake fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That took me a second.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

The black hair better brings to mind Rod Blagojevich.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Though the nose was the body of a Cyanide & Happiness figure.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Fraggle Rock got weird.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

KoldPT posted:

This might have gotten posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsV500W4BHU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

KoldPT posted:

This might have gotten posted already

Two Bad Cartoonists

Mate, the famous californian expression. crikey

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

PUGGERNAUT posted:

How happy do you think Ramirez is about the Bernie Sanders protestors?

What a perfect little microcosm of white liberalism, he even chided them afterwards with "don't they know I'm what's best for them?" Reminds me of when the trans activist interrupted the Obama speech and everyone cheered him for dismissing her.

Plague of Hats posted:

The black hair better brings to mind Rod Blagojevich.

I think we found the perfect Trump running mate.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Change the woman to Latuff.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fulchrum posted:

Change the woman to LatuffGoku, And switch roles.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Saint Sputnik posted:

What a perfect little microcosm of white liberalism, he even chided them afterwards with "don't they know I'm what's best for them?" Reminds me of when the trans activist interrupted the Obama speech and everyone cheered him for dismissing her.

If the article's version of events is true, then yeah I'm siding with the crowd's reaction on this. I support protest, but they still interrupted and shut down an event everyone there came to see.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Saint Sputnik posted:

I think we found the perfect Trump running mate.

Blago the Magnificent was in The Celebrity Apprentice and did not win, so Trump would probably call him "a loser"

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Fairfax's page template for their cartoonists have gone back to the old style, so we're back to large images again :peanut:

some recent pope:

Bronwyn Bishop and the Helicopter of Entitlement

Don Trumpote de la Gopcha

Two Things Happened: Cecil and the Coal-blocking Skink version.

and some Pat Campbell

Two Things Happened: Cecil and the Ashes version.

:allears:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Fulchrum posted:

Change the woman to Latuff.

loving beat me to it :argh:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

frajaq posted:

Wait did Black Friend move to swampland too... or am I mixing my DbD lore?

I think, technically, Damon (AKA Black Friend) came up with the concept of the FuckBarn and he owns it.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Someone please explain this :)

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Triskelli posted:

If the article's version of events is true, then yeah I'm siding with the crowd's reaction on this. I support protest, but they still interrupted and shut down an event everyone there came to see.

"Protests are fine until they are inconvenient"

it also made Sanders actually make a statement on racial justice; here's an article about it

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Someone please explain this :)

Bronwyn Bishop, speaker for the Australian House of Representatives (sorta like Congress) has been forced to resign her position and go back to the backbench because, among other things, she claimed several thousand in expenses for a helicopter to take her 150 miles to a function not covered for in parliamentary expenses (it was a fundraiser for her party). We have a skycrane helicopter for fighting bushfires that we're very proud of, here it is pictured with the Valkyries removing the reluctant former speaker (she didn't resign despite public outcry until just the other day).

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
It was a wedding she attended.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This is adorable. :unsmith:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Zetsubou-san posted:

It was a wedding she attended.

I don't think she took a helicopter to the wedding (actually... which wedding?) but she claimed expenses for that. The thing that kicked it off was a fundraiser at a golf club in Geelong. http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...721-gih014.html

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Man in Canada our minister of defense used a coast guard helicopter to fly to and from his fishing cottage and he didn't resign til 5 years later

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I was trying to find something on another cartoonist, and google took me to one of the old SA toons threads where I saw this

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Zetsubou-san posted:

and some Pat Campbell

Two Things Happened: Cecil and the Ashes version.

:allears:

This guy's artwork is fantastic, very Wattersonesque. I may have missed it before, do you post Campbell's work regularly?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

It's really weird to see a right-wing cartoonist defend Bernie Sanders of all people.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's really weird to see a right-wing cartoonist defend Bernie Sanders of all people.

lovely pseudo-Ebonics will never not make me cringe.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They hate black people the most.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

majormonotone posted:

"Protests are fine until they are inconvenient"

it also made Sanders actually make a statement on racial justice; here's an article about it

I find it pretty funny when people get really mad about someone they support getting criticized even when that person responds in a way that makes it clear they found the criticism valid. Also, that position he took is not bad at all.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Samuel Clemens posted:

Careful, careful, laying the racism on a liiiiitle thick here. Don't want that dogwhistle to turn into a foghorn.

Man, why can't we have a Pope. We have fuckin' Ramirez, that's who we have.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

xthetenth posted:

I find it pretty funny when people get really mad about someone they support getting criticized even when that person responds in a way that makes it clear they found the criticism valid. Also, that position he took is not bad at all.

In theory I would have thought that leftist protesters disrupting a Bernie Sanders rally because he is not leftist enough on one particular issue would be something that would make me mad, but in practice it really isn't :shrug:

I don't think it harmed his movement too much and it persuaded him to place more emphasis on an issue he'd previously been a little weak on, win-win.

e: I even tried to make myself mad about it this morning before I had my coffee and it didn't work

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Careful, careful, laying the racism on a liiiiitle thick here. Don't want that dogwhistle to turn into a foghorn.

Trump's already taken it straight to Air Raid siren.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Monkey Fracas posted:

Man, why can't we have a Pope. We have fuckin' Ramirez, that's who we have.

that's Pat Campbell who is also australian. so oz has two popes

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

I was trying to find something on another cartoonist, and google took me to one of the old SA toons threads where I saw this

Why is this not in the OP?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Crain posted:

Trump's already taken it straight to Air Raid siren.

Jarlsberg is really loving blatant about it too.

quote:

Activist (we'd never use the word "extremist") Mara Johnson then accused the alleged crowd of covering themselves in "white supremacist liberalism" and demanded four and a half agonizing minutes of silence to mark the sad one-year anniversary of violent cigar thief Michael Brown becoming a speed bump in Ferguson, Missouri.

The crowd, albeit annoyed and whining, actually did exactly what Johnson told them to do because white liberals would rather burst into flames than challenge a black person, even one who's disrupting a public event. Which is why, following the period of silence, Johnson launched into a seemingly endless tirade against racism and other perceived injustices.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

What's up with that cartoon of the guy on the phone getting blown? What was the original?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Faustian Bargain posted:

What's up with that cartoon of the guy on the phone getting blown? What was the original?

It's from Ted Rall's comic autobiography massive wank-fest.

The context was he was begging for money from one of his girlfriends while getting blown by another.

Jarlsberg posted:

Activist (we'd never use the word "extremist") Mara Johnson then accused the alleged crowd of covering themselves in "white supremacist liberalism" and demanded four and a half agonizing minutes of silence to mark the sad one-year anniversary of violent cigar thief Michael Brown becoming a speed bump in Ferguson, Missouri.

The crowd, albeit annoyed and whining, actually did exactly what Johnson told them to do because white liberals would rather burst into flames than challenge a black person, even one who's disrupting a public event. Which is why, following the period of silence, Johnson launched into a seemingly endless tirade against racism and other perceived injustices.

:stare: well alright then.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Faustian Bargain posted:

Ted Rall wrote an "autobiographical" account of the time he allegedly survived for a year by mooching off of the hundreds and hundreds of women he slept with and commissioned a different artist who doesn't suck to draw it into a comic for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Racism, and other perceived injustices.

• Locked thread