Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

echronorian posted:

I'll take this a step further and say Trump pulls more moderate voters than Hillary

"Moderate" what does that mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Rand Paul has worse unfavorable numbers than Trump :allears:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Isn't Fiorina also responsible for turning bell labs in an pale shadow of it's former self when it was spun off as a part of Lucent?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

I'm the 12% for Scott walker

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Looks like Walker is the big loser in this poll.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Schnorkles posted:

Looks like Walker is the big loser

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Trump under 20 is no fun though :smith:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Three Olives posted:

Can anyone tell me exactly what the hell Carly Fiorina has even done after almost running HP into the ground? I just breezed through her financial disclosures and it looks like she holds some board positions on minor non-profits, a large chunk of which are conservative causes, she gives speeches and everything else is pension, deferred compensation and a diversified investment portfolio from the $21M HP gave her to go the gently caress away.

I think that is a serious question, what the hell have you been doing for the past 10 years that qualifies you for the presidency? You were fired from your last job for being terrible, you hold no governance or oversight positions of any significance, you have never held public office, seriously what the hell is going on?

She has failed at everything except dying of cancer.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

7% of Trump voters don't like him.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
Debate apparently did next to nothing except raise Fiorina's numbers, which was more a result of post debate coverage because nobody watched that kiddie table poo poo. She'll get her time in the sun, get scrutinized, and promptly collapse. Out of all the candidates she's the one who I understand the appeal the least. Her greatest accomplishment is being a worthless failure.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump is a carny bullshit merchant the likes of which we haven't seen since PT Barnum.

Yaeh but I'm okay with Trump abusing elephants.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

Trump under 20 is no fun though :smith:

Looks like Carson and Cruz ate up that support, so it's probably not a permanent loss.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Mr Hootington posted:

She has failed at everything except dying of cancer.

Isn't it telling that she holds no board positions on any major corporations? That is a well compensated give me job for a retired CEO of a Fortune 50 company that has even an ounce of respect.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

euphronius posted:

"Moderate" what does that mean.

In politics and religion, a moderate is an individual who is not extreme, partisan, nor radical. In recent years, the term political moderates has gained traction as a buzzword. The existence of the ideal moderate is disputed because of a lack of a moderate political ideology.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
41% of the votes in that Iowa poll went to candidates who have never held public office.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

A Bag of Milk posted:

Debate apparently did next to nothing except raise Fiorina's numbers, which was more a result of post debate coverage because nobody watched that kiddie table poo poo. She'll get her time in the sun, get scrutinized, and promptly collapse. Out of all the candidates she's the one who I understand the appeal the least. Her greatest accomplishment is being a worthless failure.
Yeah, if she ends up on the same stage as Trump next debate, he's going to tear her apart.

Slate Action posted:

41% of the votes in that Iowa poll went to candidates who have never held public office.
Gotta change the culture in Washington and get rid of career politicians. :smug:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Scott "ectopic fetus cuddler" walker 2016 :twisted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

echronorian posted:

In politics and religion, a moderate is an individual who is not extreme, partisan, nor radical. In recent years, the term political moderates has gained traction as a buzzword. The existence of the ideal moderate is disputed because of a lack of a moderate political ideology.

Liking trump is pretty radical and extreme.

(That was my point anyway.)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

HappyHippo posted:

7% of Trump voters don't like him.

The one Gilmore supporter is behind Trump all the way!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

euphronius posted:

Liking trump is pretty radical and extreme.

(That was my point anyway.)

Obama won because he pulled a ton of voters who don't usually vote. The base always votes and divides pretty evenly.

Let's say 20% of people vote. That other 80% is extremely nebulous. I think Trump is more electric to the average non voter than Hillary is.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

quote:

Real estate magnate Donald Trump’s lead over the Republican field grew in the several days after his performance at the first GOP presidential debate, according to a new Morning Consult survey, even after he invited a new round of scorn from fellow candidates over impolitic comments about Fox News host Megyn Kelly.

Trump leads the Republican field with 32 percent of the vote, up 7 percentage points over last week’s Morning Consult tracking poll. Trump’s nearest GOP rival, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, clocked in at 11 percent.

No other Republican contender reaches double digits – retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson sits in third place at 9 percent, followed by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.) at 6 percent.

http://morningconsult.com/2015/08/trumps-lead-grows-after-debate-controversy/

Hahahaha. Nothing in life matters anymore. :getin:

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
"Fiorina's a massive failure", he smugly typed before turning back to the latte station.

Customer orders were piling up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

echronorian posted:

Obama won because he pulled a ton of voters who don't usually vote. The base always votes and divides pretty evenly.

Let's say 20% of people vote. That other 80% is extremely nebulous. I think Trump is more electric to the average non voter than Hillary is.

Ok that makes sense but I think HRCs turnout potential is overwhelming.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

A 21 point lead :eyepop:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ive_got_a_two_digit_lead.jpg

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

TheDisreputableDog posted:

"Fiorina's a massive failure", he smugly typed before turning back to the latte station.

Goons produce no money. Fiorina produces negative money

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

*spills 3 billion cups of coffee*

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

real talk: Carly Fiorina wouldn't last one shift as a barista

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Yeah but once she threw down her apron and stormed out the coffee would suddenly start tasting really good

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Waiting for Lindsey.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I can't help but think of Nate Silver smugly laying out why Trump has absolutely no chance ever nope no way.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Brannock posted:

I can't help but think of Nate Silver smugly laying out why Trump has absolutely no chance ever nope no way.

Trump has a ceiling he will inevitably reach.

That ceiling is 100%.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

GlyphGryph posted:

his strength in a lot of the areas Hillary Clinton is weak in

Loudness? Number of bankruptcies?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
21 point lead. Holy crap.

We're way out of crazification factor territory now. The whole GOP (well, a third!) has gone batshit.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cicadalek posted:

Yeah but once she threw down her apron and stormed out the coffee would suddenly start tasting really good

Until the coffee company spent a billion dollars buying the automated cloud coffee shop that turned out to just be a prop made to look like it made coffee, anyway

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Trump continues to boggle the mind.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

I want to emptyquote this poll like 8 times.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
lmfao I can't wait for all the news stations to backpedal on Trump's "mistake" as they scratch their heads on his numbers continuing to increase

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
That poll has to be be outlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I mean, to refresh your memories, here's the piece Silver wrote on Trump's nomination chances several days ago: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trumps-six-stages-of-doom/

And he's been writing consistently about how Trump has absolutely no chance and is eventually doomed and this just doesn't fit our predictive models

If Trump does somehow manage to win the nomination I really hope there's a camera on Silver as he goes through a meltdown

• Locked thread