Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
We're at a restaurant having lunch for my sister's birthday, but my dad didn't come so it's awkward as hell and I can't fully enjoy my seafood.

At least the guest Wi-Fi is good.

E: I got to gross my niece out with the calamari, they fry it with the legs still on here :cthulhu: Totally worth it.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Aug 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I may have to actually do 8 hours of work today :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Thin Privilege posted:

My iPhone screen is turning yellow from so much use but I don't want to spend money on a new phone.

I spend too much time on my iPhone, probably more than I do on real life things. :(

I need to do real life things but I am lazy :(

E: I hate apple and want to switch to android, but that means I'll have to re-buy all my apps and learn a new OS and that's mildly difficult.

how gross are you that your hands leave a yellow film on anything they touch

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

bradzilla posted:

how gross are you that your hands leave a yellow film on anything they touch

Maybe it's not from use and is just the way it was built, but I have a 1 year old iPod Touch and it's screen is very yellow/brownish compared to my new iPhone 6.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

My computer has been installing updates since 12pm, so for the past five hours I've had to use my smart phone to browse SomethingAwful

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Monday_ posted:

Maybe it's not from use and is just the way it was built, but I have a 1 year old iPod Touch and it's screen is very yellow/brownish compared to my new iPhone 6.

It's from use. I used to do Apple repairs, and all the lcds they use (especially iPod touch and iPhone) that have been used a lot turn yellow/brown, whereas new product is bleach white. I can't speak for other brands but this is absolutely what happens with apple products.

Maybe it's a way to make people to think "omg my iPhone isn't white anymore BETTER BUY A NEW ONE!!!!!"

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Those displays are multilayered. The heat from the device over time will wear down those layers and they won't be so transparent.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
I just found out that a musician I like who hasn't toured in 7 years is playing in my city in October.

The tickets are sold out already. :(

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
There isn't a nice sounding alternative word to "Urinal".

I come across this particular First World Problem just now, as I am trying to make some signs for a party in a big outdoor venue - the urinals are in a totally different place to the cubicles, so the signage needs to be specific. The signs need to be highly visible and I don't want people to have URINE silently shouted at them whenever the sign happens to be in their field of view.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I come across this particular First World Problem just now, as I am trying to make some signs for a party in a big outdoor venue - the urinals are in a totally different place to the cubicles, so the signage needs to be specific. The signs need to be highly visible and I don't want people to have URINE silently shouted at them whenever the sign happens to be in their field of view.

You could use a picture?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have a weird fondness for the French word pissoir, so take that out for a test drive.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Bowls --->
<--- Troughs

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Sit vs Stand?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Good: Time Warner knows what the problem with my internet is!
Bad: They just don't know where the problem is :shepicide:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I upgraded my internet today but I had to wait 3 hours for my new modem to arrive, during which time I didn't have any internet. It was terrible.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm looking for a new (used) car on a budget and I may have to choose between an '03 Pontiac Grand Am GT that I'm in love with or an '06 Ford 500 that's in fantastic condition and costs less money. :qq:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I desperately need a haircut, so I called in to set an appointment for after work. Apparently my regular stylist is on vacation, so I'll be with some lady I've never met before. It's just a trim and brow wax, but my usual lady knows me and my non-Euclidean hair pretty well and always does an awesome job with minimal directions. I'm sure the new stylist will be fine, but I'm nervous and really don't want to spend the next couple months looking weird.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
The air conditioner is set so low I need to put on a sweater, but I can't turn it down/off because my girlfriend likes to sleep under 3 blankets and she'll get too hot if I do.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

My cousin got a spiffy new 70 inch plasma TV and wants to make sweet love with my Wii U over a few passionate hours of glorious Smash 4, but he's got a baby shower to attend and won't be able to meet up till next week :gonk:

Truly this is my darkest hour

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Parrotine posted:

My cousin got a spiffy new 70 inch plasma TV and wants to make sweet love with my Wii U over a few passionate hours of glorious Smash 4, but he's got a baby shower to attend and won't be able to meet up till next week :gonk:

Truly this is my darkest hour

Is the baby shower at his house? If no, then go hijack the TV.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I can't decide what electric egg cooker I want to own, even though I don't really cook eggs that often.

Best Buy has a decent one on sale for 13$, but it's not in stock locally, and amazon has a good one that can be here monday for 17$, but that's like... monday. Walmart doesn't have any in stock :(

My eggs, I just want to eat the eggs.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I can't decide what electric egg cooker I want to own, even though I don't really cook eggs that often.

Best Buy has a decent one on sale for 13$, but it's not in stock locally, and amazon has a good one that can be here monday for 17$, but that's like... monday. Walmart doesn't have any in stock :(

Order the egg cooker you want for next time, then just cook your eggs like a regular person for the time being.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
I've started to up my fitness activity this week and it's been going really well, but since I spent the night with my boyfriend last night, have plans to spend tonight goofing off at a friend's house, and then go get poo poo faced with another friend tomorrow night, I am too worn out after my hour of crossfit this morning to go to yoga afterward like I wanted to. 30 years old is coming so fast, I wanna be young forever. :(

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

I saw that deal too! May have ordered 4 of them. My FWP about it is the town I'm going to be in tonight has a Best Buy but I couldn't in store pickup at that one. So instead of sending them another store and going there tonight or tomorrow to get them, I have to wait till Monday for them to ship to my house. I want my easy egg cooker now!

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

I'm sketched out by something claiming to cook eggs when it costs so little
:douche:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm getting really loving tired of hearing about how much my sister-in-law allegedly cares about my husband, or how much she cried about how we treated her last week. Snooping through someone's belongings so you can get their doctor's information without their consent, making appointments for them when you have no legal right to do so, barging into someone's room and demanding to be heard, and threatening to have someone involuntarily committed if they don't comply with your demands is crossing several huge loving lines regardless of your reasons. I don't know how many times I have to explain to you fuckheads he isn't suicidal, he isn't a threat to himself or anyone else, and he's a loving adult who is competent and capable of making his own decisions. Just because he doesn't live his life exactly like you does not mean he's in desperate need of help, especially not the kind you have to offer.

And for gently caress's sake, please stop trying to emotionally blackmail us with your kid or your mother's health issues. There's a reason we disowned you months ago, now gently caress off already. Get a goddamn hobby other than creating drama and making us miserable. Go learn to paint or some poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The sandwich I brought to work is soggy but still tastes good.

I'm finally not poor enough to have dental insurance but no time to go.

My yearly review at work was nearly perfect but the raise is tiny no matter what.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The store was out of the crab dip my mom likes so I couldn't get her any.

I was digging up tortoise eggs (they cool if left in the ground) and accidentally broke two when I was opening up the mound. I only have 8 eggs now and had to wipe smashed yolk off them.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
They won't allow gas powered remote control boats in the pond where I live, and I have bought 9 cheap Chinese ones for 40 bucks. They last a month at most.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I dyed my hair with a semi permanent dye and while my hair looks fine it absolutely stained the gently caress out of my scalp so my part is all red. I've decided that I don't care and went out drinking anyway but I'm still feeling a little self conscious right now :saddowns:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
The supermarket literally next door to me doesn't stock the specific fragrance of eco-friendly hand soap that I like.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I bought a fancy new CPU cooler for my computer but to install it I pretty much have to take the computer completely apart, which I'm not going to do. So I just ordered another of the cheap, easy to install cooler I'm using now (current one is kinda broken) but it won't get here until Tuesday.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

HOLY gently caress posted:

I dyed my hair with a semi permanent dye and while my hair looks fine it absolutely stained the gently caress out of my scalp so my part is all red. I've decided that I don't care and went out drinking anyway but I'm still feeling a little self conscious right now :saddowns:

I did this a couple months ago but with a deep teal blue dye. Luckily I was able to part my hair in a way that hid it since I only did highlights but it still sucked.

Having not learned my lesson, I just bought more goddamn dye from the same brand because it comes in a really convenient kit. Luckily (?) I haven't had a chance to dye my hair scalp yet because it took over three hours to lighten my hair today and it's still not where I want it yet.

Unrelated to hair chat, I think one of my sisters-in-law busted the power adapter for my husband's laptop last time we were visiting. Lord knows what they did because the pins inside the brick are bent to hell and the cord can't be plugged into it anymore. Of course, neither of them are willing to shell out to replace it because they think he uses the computer too much anyway.

Everything is terrible. :emo:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GF is making so big, surprise dinner. I've starved myself all day but now I'm not hungry. Maybe it'll change soon.

A coworker I cannot stand is coming back from three months of "medical leave" and I just know they will make my job a thousand times more difficult.

A job I applied for hasn't gotten back to me. If I was not selected, I would have heard by now so it's a good sign but maybe they forgot??

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm on public transportation and I need to fart. I feel like this has happened many times before.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
im in a 7 day class and I did all the work on day 2 when I missed class because I had jury duty so now all I do is go to class and tell the other students how to do fractions and measurements

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have to go to a funeral tomorrow and it's gonna be like crazy hot.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I have two coupons for $5 off six-packs of beer I like, but you can't use them both on the same day and the supermarket they're for isn't the convenient one near my house, so I'm going to have to make two trips there on separate days.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I keep leaving an idle game up when I'm away from the computer, so my Time Played list on Steam for the game is all askew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I may have to work on Sunday but I'll get double pay for almost no work